Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#51 2012-09-22 21:45:50

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

Re: Adventures in Bailpre [Roleplaying is Magic S2]

[Noir is going to start looking for some sort of cypher or some such, probably being a mind roll. I don't think any of my skills might help out, except maybe deception (although I doubt it). It might be a mystery enough to consider my special talent (To solve every mystery) and I do have the smart talent reroll thingy if that can apply]

lunadance_by_warpout-d4vaayz.gif scratchdance_by_warpout-d4vab5t.gif

#52 2012-09-22 22:55:35

KiloByte
Free time?! SORCERY

[A Mind roll with Smarts to back it up! A 17 and a 15.]

You see that a cipher does indeed exist in this letter. You can't crack it, but it's staring you in the face.

Steam!
Twitter!
Avatar by the talented Alex Heberling. Read her webcomic!

#53 2012-09-23 01:23:40

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

Noticing the cipher, Noir tries his hardest to crack it, but nothing is coming up. Regardless, something is going on and since Noir had nothing better to do today, he was going to solve it. Besides, the crossword puzzle was getting old and it would give him a chance to meet these fillies that trashed his office.

"Hey, I found out a hidden message in one of these letters. I don't know what it is but I'm gonna find out. Probably find that big guy and get him to help too. Either of you interested?" Noir asks. Turning to the unicorn, he also says, "Also, I don't think I ever got your name. I'm Noir, and you are?"

#54 2012-09-23 20:01:38

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

As Summer Rose's mind came back into full focus she realized two things, one was that she had a really big mouth, and the other was that this Morning Star was not in the mood right now. She saw The pegasus giving her a dirty look, and The grey unicorn was staring intently at a letter, though his red face told of other recent thoughts.

"Hey, I found out a hidden message in one of these letters. I don't know what it is but I'm gonna find out. Probably find that big guy and get him to help too. Either of you interested?" Noir asks. Turning to Summer Rose, he said, "Also, I don't think I ever got your name. I'm Noir, and you are?"

"I am Summer Rose of Fillydelphia, Daughter of the Famous Chef Crepe Suzette, and forager extraordinaire!"  The Red Mare said with a florishing bow to Noir, "Sorry for the trouble, and will help you in order to fulfill my debt for the damage I've caused to your humble abode."

Summer Rose gave a glance over to Morning Star, Summer still felt a little angry towards the pagasus about the fruit stand incident, but after seeing her break down she couldn't help but feel the tiniest bit bad for her.

"Will you be joining me Morning?" The Red mare finally said begrudingly

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-09-23 21:43:53)

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#55 2012-09-23 23:18:23

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"Will you be joining me Morning?" The Red mare finally said begrudgingly.

"Sure, I guess," Morning said taking another swig of whiskey, "As long as..." Morning was about to make a remark about Summer Rose's relationship aids but then she noticed the pile of letters on Noir's desk and the fancy stationary of the letter Noir was examining. Her interest was already peaked by the Noir saying something about codes but it looked like money was involved. Although though her original plan of seducing Noir seemed to be utter sunk by this mare staying with them for now this could still turn into a profitable outing - provided she played her cards right. Besides, if she didn't occupy herself somehow she'd end up having to think about her own problems and pain.

"I mean... I'm up for anything!" Morning said with a smile and a wink as she trotted over.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#56 2012-09-23 23:55:12

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

'So far, so good' Noir thought. They looked like they could each tolerate the other's presence for now and considering how the initial meet between them went, things could've been worse. Time to get some muscle.

"Anyway, let's go find that big pegasus. I could use some hot chocolate before the alcohol catches up with me." Noir said, heading out the open doorframe.

He hoped Speech Bubble didn't keep anything valuable in her desk...

Last edited by twitchy.717043 (2012-09-24 00:19:58)

#57 2012-09-24 03:44:48

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"Anyway, let's go find that big pegasus. I could use some hot chocolate before the alcohol catches up with me." Noir said, heading out the open doorframe.

Morning's Eyes went wide and her mouth went agape at Noir's declaration. Her experience had shown that rich horn heads tended to lack common sense, but this one was taking the cake.

"HEY, HOLD UP!", Morning shouted at Noir, "Let me get this straight... We're going out to find some random stallion who just angrily bust down your door and accosted us? What's the rest of this grand plan, fearless leader? Show him all these intercepted letters from nobility - that I might add, we happen to have no good explanation for having - and that you think just might, might, have some sort of hidden code in them and ask him to join us on some sort of merry adventure? I didn't get a good look at him being under a door and a (heavy)* mare after all, but he sounded kind of like some big wig from the royal guards - I used to be be a guard trainee myself and that voice sounded kind of familiar. Also even if he is or isn't a guard, how do we know he isn't involved somehow and just looking for some good opportunity to dispose of us and take the letters?"

Morning thought of questioning why Noir was also trusting Summer as well, but she feared that might start Noir's mental gears to eventually start turning to the point that he would ask why he was trusting her - a very good question after all, but not one she wanted the stallion to consider. Besides, there would probably be an opportunity to ditch the pervy mare at some point.

OOC: * 'Heavy' said under Morning's breath.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#58 2012-09-24 06:09:02

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

Yep, he could feel it brewing up in the back of his head. Noir was going to have a massive headache at this rate. Things were going so well...

"Look, I don't know what to do at this point and frankly, at the very least, I want the three ponies who decided to come into my office and trash my place of business explain to me why this had to happen." Noir said, an edge of frustration creeping in to his voice, "I don't care about getting compensated for getting it fixed, I just need to know what the buck is going on so that when my assistant comes back tomorrow I have a good explanation as to why I had a shouting match between two fillies in my office and why a big stallion decided to kick in my door."

Noir sighed, "But you do bring up a good point about the letters. I'll hide the one I opened and bring the rest with me in the box and explain there must have been some sort of mix-up at the delivery service and see if he can organize a meeting with any of these other nobles to deliver them by hoof. If we're lucky, maybe we can question some of these ponies. And, at the very least, we have the one letter, so worst comes to worst, we can always find him and pin him down for questions."

"Plus, I really wanted that hot chocolate..." Noir finished lamely.

Last edited by twitchy.717043 (2012-09-24 06:11:11)

#59 2012-09-24 13:06:52

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"Sure, I guess," Morning said taking another swig of whiskey, "As long as..." The Pegasus seemed to get distracted by something, and Summer followed her line of sight to the letters that Noir had brought out with him.

"I mean... I'm up for anything!" Morning said with a smile and a wink as she trotted over to stand next to Summer Rose.

Summer gave the other mare a questioning look, trying to figure out why she had had the sudden change of heart, but she didn't voice her doubt for fear of shattering the uneasy peace there seemed to be between them.

Summer turned to follow him but as she turned her head The crimson and blue maned pagasus voiced her opinion.

"HEY, HOLD UP!", Morning shouted, "Let me get this straight..." Morning Star began after taking a drink of whiskey, giving her own (and actually not bad Summer had to admit) reasons for why they shouldn't be trying to find this guard, and after kicking a door down on her Summer couldn't say she was a big fan of him either.

"Look, I don't know what to do at this point and frankly, at the very least, I want the three ponies who decided to come into my office and trash my place of business explain to me why this had to happen." Noir said, beginning to sound frustrated "I don't care about getting compensated for getting it fixed, I just need to know what the buck is going on so that when my assistant comes back tomorrow I have a good explanation as to why I had a shouting match between two fillies in my office and why a big stallion decided to kick in my door."
Noir sighed, "But you do bring up a good point about the letters. I'll hide the one I opened and bring the rest with me in the box and explain there must have been some sort of mix-up at the delivery service and see if he can organize a meeting with any of these other nobles to deliver them by hoof. If we're lucky, maybe we can question some of these ponies. And, at the very least, we have the one letter, so worst comes to worst, we can always find him and pin him down for questions."
"Plus, I really wanted that hot chocolate..." Noir finished, almost ashamed.

"Secret codes in letters? Blennerhayset nobility? Royal Guards and impersonators?" Summer said in confusion, "Seems like a lot happened since I ended up seeing stars."
The Crimson Mare put back on her air of high society she had learned in Fillydelphia.

"Though may I request to take a look at those letters? Though my services as a forager may be mainly used by the finest restaurants on Blennerhayset, I do sometimes sell to the private kitchens of the island's richest and highest class ponies, and perhaps I could help point you in the right direction."

"And hot Chocolate does sound quite delicious I must say, so long as it is the good stuff and not some swill from a Bailpre coffee shop or market."

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-09-24 13:17:55)

Normal is boring.

#60 2012-09-24 14:36:34

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

"Uh... sure I guess," Noir said, taken somewhat aback by the sudden flurry of upper class speech patterns. He floated the open letter over to her, along with the big stack of unopened ones. "As for the chocolate, you going to have to make do with 'swill' because it's nearby. Hopefully you can find something or arrange a polite questioning."

"Speaking of which, where is he? The coffee shop isn't usually this busy..."

[*pokes Csquared* You alive over there buddy?]

#61 2012-09-24 15:35:33

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"Uh... sure I guess," Noir said, He floated the open letter over to her, along with the big stack of unopened ones. "As for the chocolate, you going to have to make do with 'swill' because it's nearby. Hopefully you can find something or arrange a polite questioning."

Summer Rose gave a sigh "I guess it will have to do, beggars can't be choosers I guess, though I must take you to this romantic little bistro on the far side of Blennerhayset where the hot chocolate and pastries are simply divine, and they make this coffee served with brown sugar, cream, and just a touch of whiskey...orgasmic!" Summer Rose let out a sound of incredible contentment.

"But back to the task at hand I guess."

Summer Rose examines the letters, seeing if she know where any of the Ponies live, and also takes a try at the cipher after.

Normal is boring.

#62 2012-09-24 23:56:42

Fire Blossom

Blossom continued to follow Angel in the towns marketplace. Her dragon guardian had said that she was going to find a ruby for her. Though the offer did seem quite nice, Blossom still couldn't remember if she ever ate a gem before. putting that thought aside though Blossom felt a bit of curiosity on what Angel said she would have to help her with in return for her assistance in finding some clues as to were her parents are. "Angel...what do you need the ore for? What are you making?"

As Blossom asked Angel her question, she heard some slight whispers "I was just passing by, and some brute broke down that detectives door. Hope he isn't in any trouble."

[NOTE:was starting to get tired of waiting.]

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#63 2012-09-26 23:42:35

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

"Angel...what do you need the ore for? What are you making?" Blossom asked her

Angel responded "Well you see Blossom I'm a blacksmith, I heard they struck ore here so I came to collect my claim"

As the talked they heard some slight whispers "I was just passing by, and some brute broke down that detectives door. Hope he isn't in any trouble."

Angel heard this "I think we should investigate, shall we"

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#64 2012-09-27 20:52:21

Fire Blossom

Angel was a blacksmith, Blossom heard her say. She had never heard of a dragon being into metal works, though she could have...she wasn't sure.

"I think we should investigate, shall we"Angel had said after Blossom had heard the whisper of a close by pegasus. "T-take a look at what happen to that poor detectives door? Wouldn't that be invading on privacy...though a detective could help me with finding my parents too." Blossom said, scratching the spikes on the side of her cheek. "I-I will still help you with gathering your ore; I would like to see you work some metal."

thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#65 2012-10-01 20:09:06

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

As Summer looks through the notes, Noir moves to look outside the door, hoping that the big pegasus is returning with the hot chocolate. He did not expect to see a large white dragon along with a tiny black dragon.

"...like to see you work some metal" the little one was saying to the big one.

Noir vaguely recalled Summer mentioning bumping into two dragons matching the dragons outside his door. And then her offending them. Noir panicked a little on the inside. A broken door he could explain, but the office being reduced to ashes by dragon fire? If that happened, it would take a miracle for Speech Bubble to ever leave him along in the office again. Time for Plan A: Distract the nice dragons so that they don't burn his office down.

"Good morning, dragons!" Noir said, hoping Summer might take the hint and hide, "As you can see, I have been having some problems this morning, so this might not be the best time to take on a new case, but, if you come with me while I go down to the coffee shop, I'll hear you out and I'll let the repair ponies finish up whatever they are doing inside while we go down there."

Noir hoped it was obvious enough for the two mares inside....

[I think we may have lost Kilo to real life stuff (and maybe some GW2). I think Csquare may have also forgotten about this as well, so I'll give them both a poke an see if we can arrange more concrete times.]

#66 2012-10-01 21:50:09

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

.... finish up whatever they are doing inside while we go down there." Summer Rose raised her head from the letters, still looking at them to see if she could get anything out of them. She was afraid to look around to see who was at the door instead she lowered her voice to sound more manly and called back.

"Alright, We'll finish up in here and try to have everything cleaned up before ya'll get back.

Normal is boring.

#67 2012-10-03 20:34:38

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Looking around Morning Star realized that she had forgotten to put her dock bow on this morning and pulled a baby blue ribbon out of her saddle bags. After a lot of twist and turns that would do Blossomforth proud she deftly tied the blue bow onto the dock of her tail.

.... finish up whatever they are doing inside while we go down there." Noir Called. Summer Rose raised her head from the letters, still looking at them to see if she could get anything out of them. She was afraid to look around to see who was at the door instead she lowered her voice to sound more manly and called back.

"Alright, We'll finish up in here and try to have everything cleaned up before ya'll get back.", Summer called back.

"Yes, we'll clean up!", Star said with a slight grin as her eyes looked around for small valuable trinkets which she could possibly pocket in her saddlebags, "and clean up we shall..."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#68 2012-10-03 21:27:42

Fire Blossom

Blossom was sure who this black colored unicorn with a white mane was, she could only guess that he was the detective that she and A.gel had head had his door broke down. He had asked that if she and  Angel would go along with him to get coffee as some workers, whom he had yelled into to building supisouly, finished repairing his door.

When a male, yet female sounding voice had called out of the building in saying "they will be down soon."  the voice make her think of the red mare she had falsely called a griffin. "Who are you," Blossom asked the black unicorn stallion, " and is there a red unicorn mare in there by chance, I need to apologize to her if she be in there." She had a feeling Angel would probably object, but she wanted to right her wrong if she could.

#69 2012-10-09 16:32:31

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

"What? No. I'm Noir by the way, Private Investigator. Walk with me!" said Noir, lifting the tiny hatchling with his magic and placing her on his back as he set off on a rapid pace to the nearby coffee shop. "What seems to be the trouble?"

He just hoped to Luna that the big one followed him.

[Ok, Summer is able to find a few ponies she know rather well in the group of letters. The code in the letter is still uncrackable. Also, I'm going to still try and play Noir as a PC, unless everyone else is not ok with that.]

#70 2012-10-09 16:58:03

Fire Blossom

"What? No. I'm Noir by the way, Private Investigator. Walk with me!" Noir said as he lifting the tiny Blossom with his magic and placing her on his back. She was about to protest on being lifted up without question by magic, but he set off on a rapid pace. "What seems to be the trouble?"

"Well...um"Blossom started, still shock by the sudden scoop onto the unicorns back, "I am trying to find my parents. I-I have been looking for them for two months. And the oldest thing I can remember is falling from the sky as griffins looked at me fall." As Blossom talked to Noir, she tried to see if Angle was following, but her ride on his back bounced her about to much to look behind her without the chance of falling off.

#71 2012-10-14 17:47:03

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Looking around ton make sure Summer was occupied with the letters Morning Star, using her knowledge of antiques and valuables, looked around for anything that the could possibly sneak into her saddle bags and would probably not be missed perhaps even a rare old book.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#72 2012-10-15 17:43:43

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

[While Summer is occupied with the letters, you quickly go through the desk reserved for the Secretary. While digging through case files and notes (which piques your curiosity), you come across a pair of small earrings. Quickly identifying them as fairly valuable, you pocket them in your saddlebags. Do you want to take the case notes?]

#73 2012-10-15 17:48:10

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Morning quickly scans the room and assuming that Summer is still occupied and unable to control her curiosity starts skimming through the case notes before depositing them in her saddle bags as well.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#74 2012-10-15 18:37:59

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

As Summer looked through the letters she realized that several were customers of hers, and one was the own of a restaurant that bought her products on a regular basis. She looked up and saw that Morning Star had moved close to a nearby desk, and curosity getting the best of her Summer tries to sneak over to the desk making as little noise as possible

Normal is boring.

#75 2012-10-15 18:52:54

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

[Roll Results: Morning rolled a 4+2 (for mind to spot) for 6. Summer rolled a 12+3 (for body to sneak) for 15. So Summer spots Morning closing her saddlebags from putting away the earrings (although not seeing what she put inside) and sees Morning going through the papers.]

[Morning, before you get spotted, you are able to skim through some of the notes and notice a lot of cases that resulted in "vandalism" and a few thefts of old pieces of old heirlooms.]

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB