Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#76 2013-01-15 20:28:26

Fire Blossom

Re: Welcome to the Madness RP Chat

Well if anyone wants to read Silver's life before she started book traveling...heres what i wrote so far for the first chapter
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rGC … 6KizM/edit

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#77 2013-01-22 18:12:19

Ember Swift
Newfound Fan of WaterFire

Posting after school.

Forum_sig.png
                                 My OC Ponies: Midnight Jewel, Ember Swift
My DeviantArt

#78 2013-01-28 10:56:52

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Blarney will be posting next

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#79 2013-01-28 12:26:31

Fire Blossom

I hope so, he has been making me think that the RP was starting to bore him.

thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#80 2013-01-31 11:10:02

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Freak list: A list of main enemy NPCs that will update as you find more of them, it will list all the ones you have run into. It will display what you've learned about them
Major Enemy NPCs
1. Dark Lord
Species-Dark Alicorn
Trait-God-Like(Killed only one way, but can be knocked down)
Weakness-High intensity light magic(Knocks him down)
Weapon-Dark Magic
2. Sunny Smile
Species-Unicorn
Trait-Cannibal
Weakness-Unknown(You'll have to observe and learn it, once learned I will post them)
Weapon-Sharp teeth
3. Candy Makers
Minor enemy NPCs
1. Dark Guards(Dark Lord's standard guard)
Species- Husk(enchanted skeletons)
Trait- Till death do you fight(They'll keep fighting until death)
Weakness- massive trauma/total destruction
Weapon- Spears

There is important motto you have to remember with each freak "Every freak has a tweak", They all have an exploitable weakness. Be it emotional, personality, or physical.

Last edited by Acheron187 (2013-02-05 13:56:19)

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#81 2013-01-31 11:53:09

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

the weakness of the candy maker's was that they were vunerable to sharp objects tongue

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2013-01-31 15:04:42)

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#82 2013-02-08 15:25:37

Ember Swift

I will be posting after school.

Forum_sig.png
My DeviantArt

#83 2013-02-09 10:01:59

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Acheron187 wrote:

[OOC: The whole gun thing is based on the fact that they have what is colonial America tech, so guns can exist in the universe(The only reason they aren't involved in the show is because it's a kids show). Those who follow the griffon will have Ember as GM, with me guiding him on the story side. I will be GM for whoever stays with the dark lord.]

Actually from the average level tech seen on screen and stuff such as the western bit and general world feel I'd say they would put FiM more into the Victorian or Edwardian Periods. Probably more into the Edwardian period since there seems to be the begins of massive technological change in machines that could upset the status quo.

But then we're dealing with a completely different culture here where everyday magic is involved and different paths of technological evolution. It would make more sense that weapons are not that well developed since the ponies would not have experienced as many wars as say humans. To given an example from Earth history during Japan's Edo period advancement on firearms ceased and nearly disappeared in favor of the sword since:

1. The era was largely peaceful both internally and externally so there was no need.
2. The sword was more practical in the small scale conflicts of the era.
3. Guns made it too easy for peasants to kill nobles and their trained warriors so they were discouraged.

The first two apply to Equestria which presumably has lived in peace for at least 1,000 years with only small scale conflicts. What guns exist would be rather primitive without any real imperative to develop them. Probably more like the European Hand Cannons/Bombards than anything more advanced at this current stage. That is not to stay they could be developed quickly in times of major war like Weapon tech and Aircraft in the 1st and 2nd World Wars.

Bombard.jpg

The hand cannon would make the most sense since most guards are seen carrying pole-arms/spears and hand cannons are the first extension of that into the realm of firearms.

Although this is an entirely different Equestria so all this has no basis on that world since it may have evolved different from the Equestria from the show.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#84 2013-02-09 10:05:55

Fire Blossom

Yes arcane, but griffon culture could be different.

#85 2013-02-09 11:50:08

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

LewaColt wrote:

Yes arcane, but griffon culture could be different.

True (and as I said above this is a different world so this whole point is moot anyways) but we really haven't seen that much of griffons to really make any estimation on their culture as we've seen basically just Gilda and Gustav.

From Gilda it seems the griffons train at the same flight camps as pegasi (at least those who live in Equestria) so I wouldn't put them too different from Pegasi in tech and maybe even in culture (the Pegasi were originally a more warrior culture according to Hearth's Warming Eve).

tl;dr: Stuff that doesn't really matter due to multiple reasons but wanted to open up a discussion of tech levels.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#86 2013-02-09 12:31:38

Fire Blossom

Rainbow tech would make sense to me...its makes from rainbows.

#87 2013-02-09 13:58:00

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

LewaColt wrote:

Oh good, so I can have a Skittles® gun then? I can pull out a wrapped package of Skittles®, load it into my gun, point it at a baddies' head, and make the bastards TASTE THE RAINBOW in their brains! The jolly colorful candy pieces pierce through their skull in a colorful cataclysm of surgery death.

I'm assuming your mean something involving the rainbows in the show with their magical components in potions, or as light, or in such applications as magical energy weapons. tongue

Or something like this (Warning NSFW Language):

/Arcane is being quite silly at the moment.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#88 2013-02-09 17:11:02

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

They look like this arcane
d_31_02.jpg

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#89 2013-02-09 18:04:09

Fire Blossom

Arcane Flame wrote:
LewaColt wrote:

Oh good, so I can have a Skittles® gun then? I can pull out a wrapped package of Skittles®, load it into my gun, point it at a baddies' head, and make the bastards TASTE THE RAINBOW in their brains! The jolly colorful candy pieces pierce through their skull in a colorful cataclysm of surgery death.

I'm assuming your mean something involving the rainbows in the show with their magical components in potions, or as light, or in such applications as magical energy weapons. tongue

Or something like this (Warning NSFW Language):

/Arcane is being quite silly at the moment.

Rainbow tech is from Rainbow Dash Industry. Rainbow gear can kill a pony...by making them blow up.

#90 2013-02-10 16:29:38

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

Or considering it's a Dante Griffon, his guns have unlimited shots. Cause let me tell you what, with the number of shots I fire in DMC, the is NO WAY those guns have clips sizes that match my ammo consumption.

lunadance_by_warpout-d4vaayz.gif scratchdance_by_warpout-d4vab5t.gif

#91 2013-02-10 16:46:42

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

twitchy.717043 wrote:

Or considering it's a Dante Griffon, his guns have unlimited shots. Cause let me tell you what, with the number of shots I fire in DMC, the is NO WAY those guns have clips sizes that match my ammo consumption.

I'm glad someone finally made that connection! I honestly thought no one played DMC(1 and 3 so far) beside me.

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#92 2013-02-10 23:07:34

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Acheron187 wrote:

So are there any other guns in this world? Since those guns could only be used by creatures with hands and unicorns with magic.

This brings up a interesting issue of weapon use which we haven't really discussed in RP and part of the reason I brought stuff up. I've actually looked around for canon weapon use and three examples kind of stand out:

First up the most ineffective weapon of them all - bows:

PW_Bows-Ineffective_zps8c3dcfe4.png

Here's North Star in G1 being taught how to shoot a bow by Robin Hood in Through the Door - Part 2. A normal sized Bow is kind of useless in the hooves of ponies as shown by two of the merry men having to hold and steady the bow in a rather awkward way and the only way North Star can grasp and pull back the arrow is with her mouth. The shots were not exactly impressive not even making it to the target although Robin Hood kept encouraging her to keep trying until she got the hang of it (although that maybe do to the friendship they quickly developed). It might be possible for a pony to hold a smaller bow in the crook of their hooves and fire with the mouth though while standing on two hooves. Still rather awkward and hard to do for most ponies (although some probably can since there are bow and arrow cutie mark there are some who have mastered it). A downside with smaller bows there is much less range.

Back to G4 the primary weapon we see ponies use are pole arms:

PW_PonyPoleArms_zps17cb6237.png

The Pole Arm seems to be the weapon of choice for the Royal Guards and they manipulate the pole arms using a crook in one of their legs using the other three to stand and move. They seem to be able to swing them and point them freely. This seems to be the weapon that is easiest to use for ponies and one of the major reason I posed the above European Hand Cannons/Bombard since it can be manipulated like a pole arms and fired with a ignitor held in the mouth. Providing an early firearm design that could be easily operated by a pony.

640px-HandBombardWesternEurope1390-1400.jpg

The other use of Pole arms was attached to armor as seen in The Crystal Empire - this use has the advantage of speed and balance but the pole arm can't be manipulated well and the pony is limited to charging.

PW-attached_PA_zps4c8152e7.png

Finally we've seen one use of a sword:

PW_Sword_zps04bfdcf0.png

Presumably under the guard there is some sort of cup that locks on to the hoof. This is probably a skill which is uncommon among ponies as it involves a whole lot of balance since the sword pony has to remain upright on their two rear hooves while attacking and dodging. Use of the sword by non-unicorns probably requires a bit of training to be of any remotely effective use.

Departing off to Fanfics for a second the best weapon use I've seen has been in Fallout Equestria however there are much more advanced firearms then we are dealing with here and they were developed during a 20 year long war. However the mouthgrip seems to be a useful option here although there maybe a issue with kickback in the early models.

Examples of mouth grips:

fallout_equestria_mouth_grip_concept_by_f1r3w4rr10r-d4tzsi6.png

Z7dlR.jpg

Fo:E also brought out battle saddles which often use a reign like mechanism to fire attached weapons.

Battle_saddle_in_action_by_justmoth-d46tw1q.gif

Ex: A sniper system with the foldout rifle unfolded with a tail ring mechanism and operated by a mouth trigger.

Basically the point of all this is that for weapons we need to think outside the box a little since most human-style weapons are designed with hands in mind.

So yeah, colorful talking miniature horses with weapons.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#93 2013-02-11 05:36:20

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

I forgot a few other examples of Swords in MLP however in both they are not really used:

PW-MajSword_zps79d21ef9.png

In the comics Majesty possesses a magical sword however she doesn't use it herself - instead she gives it to a human prince to use on his own quest.

PW-Squire_Sword_zps2d4446ea.png

In the 2nd Cartoon's 'Slumber Party' we have Squire a knight in training has a sword but never unsheathes it in ether living or ghost form (in fact he purposely does not want to use it).

PW-Swords_CW_zpsde72dce8.png

In A Canterlot Wedding there are swords on display but are not used.

There is actually one more example of Sword use in MLP from G1's The Prince and the Ponies:

PW_PPSWORDS2_zpsa050d154.png
PW-Swords_PP_zps49032612.png

In this use of the sword the handle is gripped in the mouth and used that way.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#94 2013-02-11 17:55:08

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

I do have a comment though that the being using the guns is a griffon, with finger like Talons. It could be feasible for them to use human like weapons, with little to no difference. Granted, MLP talons seem more like hands, unlike actual talons, which would probably have a hard time shooting them.

lunadance_by_warpout-d4vaayz.gif scratchdance_by_warpout-d4vab5t.gif

#95 2013-04-03 15:04:19

Ember Swift

Decided to upload an image of Target Shot I found:

target_shot_zpsd543d19e.jpg

Forum_sig.png
My DeviantArt

#96 2013-04-28 23:00:50

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

My towers power supply stopped working, so I'm gonna be on the laptop so I'm gonna be on considerably less till the new one arrives and gets installed.

Fashion_pony_banner.png

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB