Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-09 22:36:32

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

For the Glory of The Crystal Empire!

Well, it's coming!
For refrence since the Crystal ponies seem to be inspired by the Twinkle-Eyed ponies:

Their origin as slaves (important bits from MLP issues 11 & 42):

11_10.gif

11_11.gif

42_4.gif

42_5.gif

They also had a 'Twinkle' that reflected their mood where their gem eyes would twinkle with magic. It played a part in the MLP movie when Sweet Stuff was hit by Smooze and lost her twinkle in addition to becoming depressed and bad tempered.

Enjoy a commercial:

Fizzy was the most popular of the Twinkle Eyes and her character continually showed up in the comics long after her toy was no longer made.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#2 2012-11-10 08:15:32

Mkanke
Peanut Buckering ALL the things!
Mkanke Trotter

Re: For the Glory of The Crystal Empire!

Are you tipsy Arcane. That second comic looks a bit crooked : p Great post though. I've read all those comics before but still read them again smile

yZVDO6p.gifD4LwTWC.gifulgdssl.gifLi4qREa.gifUyOaK2h.gif

#3 2012-11-10 08:46:10

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Mkanke wrote:

Are you tipsy Arcane. That second comic looks a bit crooked : p Great post though. I've read all those comics before but still read them again smile

Meh it's the scans. tongue

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#4 2012-11-10 11:10:14

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

OH SHIT... The book that popped into existence at the end.

12_13.gif
12_14.gif

The 'Book of Horrors' was used to combat a cloud-like horror being.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#5 2012-11-10 11:12:39

Shams
Celestial Master (Admin)

"Ho ho!  What have we here?  Another pony to dig my jewels."

#6 2012-11-10 11:50:58

dragonshuffle
Retroshuffle

Just saying, the black book at the end was definitely The Necrotrotupon.

cuyahogafoalsbanner.png
Click image for facebook group page.
My DeviantArt
"Some say there's a heaven for those who will wait. Some say it's better but I say it ain't. I'd rather laugh with the sinner than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun."-Billy Joel

#7 2012-11-10 13:58:29

JasonTheHuman

dragonshuffle wrote:

Just saying, the black book at the end was definitely The Necrotrotupon.

Yeah, I noticed that too... Luna just kinda had it. I wonder if it'll be important later, like in the season finale or something.

I'd like to see the Crystal Empire again, mostly since I feel like we still don't know all that much about it. I feel like this story was too rushed even as a two-parter to live up to its full potential, and while I've said that about other episodes in the past, this one seems to have been even more rushed than others.

Those old Twinkle-eyed ponies, though... That's EXACTLY the reason why some people claim G1 was hardcore. Pure nightmare fuel, right there.

uOTvi.png

#8 2012-11-10 15:03:55

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Continuing from last season - PIC Round-up!

Previously on MLP:
CE-PReviously.jpg

CE-DASH.jpg

Best Jerk! Also looks awesome in armor as always.

CE_Majic_Pro.jpg

Holograms! Yeah!

CE-Nightmares.jpg

Ok, Celestia knows dark magic and taught it to Twilight... I think we can figure out where Nightmare Moon came from now.

CE-Slaves.jpg

Slavery kept in (and Sombra even calls them Slaves in part II).

CE-Statues.jpg

And some nice statues of Gryphons and a Pegasus there.

CE-TwiDorable.jpg

Books... Make Twi... So... Adorable...

CS-SH-Dash1.jpg
CS-SH-Dash2.jpg
CS-SH-Dash3.jpg

I'll just leave this here:

Help!

CE-NoINFO1.jpg

My favorite pony from all this has to be 'No Information' Pony. She is just awesome...

CE-NoINFO2.jpg

...And becomes absolutely... beautify.... oh my...

CE-NoINFO3.jpg

DAMN IT DASH!

CE-Out_Masq.jpg
Pinkie did an awesome masquerade. tongue

And we found out how Pony Jousting worked.

CE-DashArmor.jpg

Step 1: Strap lance on.

CE-Joust1.jpg
CE-Joust2.jpg

Step 2: Launch a tree into orbit.

CE-Joust_BP.jpg

Step 3: Inexplicably get Berry Punch.

CE-I_SEE_WHAT_DID_THERE-1.jpg

I see what you did there.

CE-Sombra-Window.jpg

Another cool window.

CE-Toss1.jpg
CE-Toss2.jpg

HEAVE-HO!

CE-Dead.jpg

Sombra: Ow... Guys this kinda hurts...

CE-Dead1.jpg

Sombra: Guys, Guys. I'm in a good bit of pain here now...

CE-Dead2.jpg

Sombra: Guys, Guys. Staph!

CE-Dead3.jpg

That's going to leave a mark... Look at all the pieces of him!

CE-Dead4.jpg

I think he's going to be fine... I mean it's just like Lavan... Who they made a point of him being 'Gone for good!'... Ok, then...

Lavan-ow.png
vlcsnap-2012-10-12-04h36m11s247.png

Did the ponies killing unrepentant villains just come back into canon?

CE-CM_ALTER.jpg

Cadance's Cutie Mark altered when she became the Crystal Princess.

CE-CrystalTwi.jpg

Crystalization

CE-Spike_Window.jpg

Spike is awesome.

CE-BlackBook.jpg

Something pops in... and... Oh my god. I think it's the Book of Horrors or something like it. Well, we're doomed now.

Also if it is that - more points in the Fallout: Equestria is far more in step with canon than it has any right to be pile...

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#9 2012-11-10 18:33:43

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

The villain got way to little screen time, although it is nice to see Spike get some love.

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#10 2012-11-10 19:01:26

Fire Blossom

as always, an awsome start for a new season

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#11 2012-11-11 00:46:03

Midnight_Fyre

You forgot this pic:

29bhod5.jpg

#12 2012-11-11 04:48:34

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Apparently people are saying there was a Crystal Derpy:

CE-CRystal_Derp.jpg

I can kinda see it if you look at the eyes and there might be wings but it's very hard to tell with all the crystallization effects. So come to your own conclusion.

Now that I've digested it - I kinda think this is the weakest of all the two parters so far for reasons people have already said - the story seemed rushed and King Sombra didn't get much screen time so we didn't learn much about him other than his looking like Lord OC donut steal and him saying 'MMMmmm.... Krrrrystalssss' (insert Folger's Crystals or Crystal Pepsi joke here). It would have been nice to have an explanation for why he took over the Crystal Empire and enslaved the crystal ponies besides ummmm.... being evil. Actually any back story or characterization of King Sombra other than having a 'heart as black as night' (LOL @ LUNA) would have been welcome.

Still good but definitely a weak two parter stacked against the others.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#13 2012-11-11 11:40:06

JasonTheHuman

Arcane Flame wrote:

'MMMmmm.... Krrrrystalssss' (insert Folger's Crystals or Crystal Pepsi joke here).

Aaaaand done. Thanks for the idea.

crystal.jpg

I'm convinced that Sombra will become a meme for being such a bland villain. I can't really say I'm disappointed, since we were making fun of his design from the moment he was revealed. I guess you could say he just met expectations. I think that the Crystal Fair was much more interesting. I would've been happy if the entire episode was just about the fair and didn't have a villain. It would have to be reworked to give some other kind of conflict, but it could have worked.

Not convinced on the Crystal Derpy, though. That pony looks more lavender than grey, and the hair is darker and not as blonde.

uOTvi.png

#14 2012-11-11 12:36:46

Fire Blossom

So is Cadence the Crystal Princess?

thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#15 2012-11-11 13:03:32

LewaColt wrote:

If she is then why was she not gone for a 1000 years?

#16 2012-11-11 13:16:45

Fire Blossom

CappuccinoFrosting wrote:
LewaColt wrote:

yea I know that, but thats what the Crystal ponies said as she flew by with the heart. they did say "It's the Crystal Princess"

#17 2012-11-11 15:01:35

LewaColt wrote:
CappuccinoFrosting wrote:
LewaColt wrote:

yea I know that, but thats what the Crystal ponies said as she flew by with the heart. they did say "It's the Crystal Princess"

I know. I hope they explain more about the crystal pony's through the new season.

#18 2012-11-11 16:36:52

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

JasonTheHuman wrote:

I'm convinced that Sombra will become a meme for being such a bland villain.

Yay! Generic Evil Overlord!

Sombra-Rule34.jpg

Also anyone notice something?

S1 - Bridle Gossip wrote:

Twilight Sparkle: You guys, there's no such thing as curses!
Rainbow Dash: Well, that's interesting to hear coming from Miss Magic Pants herself.
Twilight Sparkle: My magic, real magic, comes from within. It's a skill you're born with. Curses are artificial, fake magic. It's conjured with potions and incantations; all smoke and mirrors meant to scare. But curses have no real power, they're just an old pony tale.
Applejack: Just you wait, Twilight. You're gonna learn that some pony tales really are true.

S3 - The Crystal Empire wrote:

Princess Celestia: But not before he was able to put a curse upon the empire. A curse that caused it to vanish into thin air.

Somepony owes Applejack some bits.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#19 2012-11-11 17:19:54

Drax
Vinyl Scratch

I didn't get Pinkie Pie this episode - sometimes I though were truly funny like when she was a tree - but beyond that seemed over done - and when she ran into a poll wearing NVGs I was kinda like *twicha twicha?* she did odd things before, but not plain stupid there was always a second level to it.

#20 2012-11-11 18:30:07

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Drax wrote:

I didn't get Pinkie Pie this episode - sometimes I though were truly funny like when she was a tree - but beyond that seemed over done - and when she ran into a poll wearing NVGs I was kinda like *twicha twicha?* she did odd things before, but not plain stupid there was always a second level to it.

Speaking of over done - Rainbow Dash. I think her ego and brashness was cranked up to 11 in that episode. tongue

But I didn't see the Night Vision thing as something that was *twicha twicha?* - she was having fun and wasn't paying attention. I mean it wasn't like it was a flower pot falling, some pony in danger, Twilight becoming pregnant, a deadly amazon bee weapon, giant robots, or some random occurrence - it was a stationary pole - not a vague and immediate event.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#21 2012-11-11 18:55:33

Midnight_Fyre

Arcane Flame wrote:
Drax wrote:

Speaking of over done - Rainbow Dash. I think her ego and brashness was cranked up to 11 in that episode. tongue

Yeah, I was expecting some sort of comedic role reversal there in which Fluttershy somehow got the better of Dash in the jousting match, but no, it was bust Rainbow being a douche.

#22 2012-11-11 21:16:01

Drax
Vinyl Scratch

Midnight_Fyre wrote:
Arcane Flame wrote:
Drax wrote:

Yeah, I was expecting some sort of comedic role reversal there in which Fluttershy somehow got the better of Dash in the jousting match, but no, it was bust Rainbow being a douche.

I agree but it still fit RD's character - Pinkie Pie seemed different

#23 2012-11-11 23:24:48

Bigjoe
Average Joe

Overall, I really liked the premier. It had it's moments that I still remember clearly and the characters played their parts well. The only thing that sucked was the villain. I would've preferred it to be some sort of dark, mysterious, and UNKNOWN entity that is threatening to swallow the Crystal Empire.

#24 2012-11-12 01:28:45

Arct1k
I am your god.

Bigjoe wrote:

Overall, I really liked the premier. It had it's moments that I still remember clearly and the characters played their parts well. The only thing that sucked was the villain. I would've preferred it to be some sort of dark, mysterious, and UNKNOWN entity that is threatening to swallow the Crystal Empire.

King Sombra reminds me of a bad OC.
Also, Luna seemed strange...
640px-Princess_Luna_serious_S3E1.png

Last edited by Arct1k (2012-11-12 01:29:38)

Luna

#25 2012-11-14 22:41:21

lava

This wasn't one of my favorite episodes, but I think Hasbro just set a new par for animation. This whole scene was epic:
bDqD6.jpg
Twilight is officially a witch now. Who'd have believed Twilight was studying dark magic?
fDUW4.jpg

Arct1k wrote:

Also, Luna seemed strange...

Luna was skeptical and untrusting of Twilight's ability to defend the crystal empire. Speaking of which...
u02o1.jpg
Did anyone else get the impression Celestia might have some obscure plans for Twilight? It seems like Luna and Celestia have some disagreement about whether they should move forward with said plans. What exactly is this "next level of studies" Celestia alluded to?

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB