Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-13 12:02:10

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Anyone up to try MLP Rolepaly is Magic again?

Since Bailpre kind of fizzled out before it time, I was kind of curious if anyone wanted to try this again? I wold be willing to GM the game, and more details will come in over the past few days.

some details

=http://www.mlprim.com/s2e/] link to the rulebook

setting: was thinking near manehatten, because this would allow access to big city and small outlaying village, along with the frozen north

crystal ponies could be added: would be variation of earth ponies probably, but still working on it since not in the rulebook.

start date: could start on the week after thanksgiving, but have a 2 week vacation from jan 2 to 15 when I am on a cruise, so would be no updates and could start/ restart after that.

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-11-13 12:03:34)

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#2 2012-11-13 12:05:30

Fire Blossom

Re: Anyone up to try MLP Rolepaly is Magic again?

Fire Blossom is still ready for it. Trot has slowed down a lot.

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#3 2012-11-13 12:15:00

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Alternative idea, doing on in the fallout equerstria universe, though this would require some basic help with creating the stats of weapons, but I am more then will to work on it if we can bring fallout equestria to life.

if fallout equestria, would take place away from the events of the actual story, thinking near balitimare since I believe it had little mention in the books if I recall (books being project horizons and the original, the only two I have read)

Normal is boring.

#4 2012-11-13 13:09:47

Ember Swift
Newfound Fan of WaterFire

I might be in on this.

Ember rushes off to draw new ponies

Forum_sig.png
                                 My OC Ponies: Midnight Jewel, Ember Swift
My DeviantArt

#5 2012-11-13 16:26:24

Leckle (ABC145)
Leckle named by Jorg. What does it mean? No idea.

This would be fun, but I think it'll be too hard for me to do all the paragraphs of roleplay RPGs. I think Roll to Pony is a lot easier for me. You can still do this though! smile

Avatar by BlindCoyoteStudios. (Thanks!)

Sometimes all we need is a little color -- or six -- to reintroduce us to what truly
makes life worth living. -My Little Dashie

#6 2012-11-13 21:45:33

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

This was written today as a setting, tell me what you think smile

The sky lightens once again over the wastelands, and another day begins in Pear Tree Junction.

Before the war it had been nothing but a small trainyard, exchanging food, clothing, and other supplies with the rest of equestria. When the war with the Zebras began began the junction saw an incredible growth boom, expanding to twice it's size in only two years in order to carry all the supplies and soldiers needed on the front lines, including weapons made in the newly established Baltimare Armory.

When the end of the war came in the form of Bailfire bombs Pear Tree Junction was spared a direct hit, but only because the zebra's had made it a secondary target, and the facility holding the missiles was destroyed by equestrian counter-strikes with their own bailfire bombs. This by no means meant that Pear Tree Junction was spared completely from the horrors of the end. In the early moments many had flocked to the train-yard, hoping to catch a ride away from the now twisted remains of Baltimare, but that hope was short lived as the fallout caught up with them.

For the next 150 years the only inhabitants of the junction were the slowly bleaching bones of those not lucky enough to have caught the last train train, their decaying possessions, and the local ghouls. A few more bones joined them over the years, those of scavengers who succumbed to radiation poisoning or eaten by the ghouls (zombies caused by radiation).

Things finally began to change in 185 after the war (185 AW), as radiation levels finally began to fall to survival-able levels (provided they used rad-x and rad away) and the first survivors went in who also made it back out. Their names had been Horseshoe and Summer Spice, and the two unicorns spread tales of the riches they had found throughout the area, but they left out two important details, the radiation and the ghouls. 

Dozens of under-prepared ponies went into Pear Tree Junction in the next month, but few made it back out, exactly as Horseshoe and Summer had planned. While the two regretted (ever so slightly) the loss of pony life, the yard was now almost completely free of ghouls, the last remaining one easily dispatched by the two unicorns and their new partners, a mercenary group known as the Golden Hooves to help them begin making the Junction a defensible position, and trading whatever they didn't need for caps and supplies.

Flash forward to the year 200, and Pear Tree Junction has become a well established trading post. Horseshoe and Summer Spice have died, Horseshoe fall to radiation sickness and Summer to a raider's bullet. The Golden Hooves remain and rule The Junction, allowing citizens to go about their lives in exchange for a percentage of their grown food or scavenge in order to pay for the protection the mercenaries provide.

The compound of Pear Tree houses about 40 ponies, but can hold up to 65 if you include the inn, normally filled with travelers from the caravans. The Golden Hooves hold a garrison of 25 to 50 (currently 35) depending on what contract they currently hold and how the previous one had went. The wall that circles the entire compound is made of railroad shipping containers arranged in a circle and filled with dirt for added protection and stability. The new Pear Tree Junction takes up only about one third of its namesake, and scavenge can still be be found in the rest, but it gets harder every excursion and wild animals and ghouls have moved back in.

A trading caravan has just arrived at the front gate, and the Golden Hooves are checking them over before letting them inside and into the gates. A new day in the wastes has begun, what will you make of it?

Normal is boring.

#7 2012-11-13 22:01:10

Fire Blossom

I think this might be a bit to advance for me.

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#8 2012-11-13 22:35:50

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

I think you can do it Lewa, it is the same rules as the Bailpre one, only with guns and ghouls smile

Normal is boring.

#9 2012-11-14 00:03:42

Shams
Celestial Master (Admin)

I am interested, though I'm not familiar with the workings of Fallout Equestria.

#10 2012-11-14 00:07:24

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

For the most part, its Fallout with ponies. I don't think we'll cover too much of the pre-balefire history too much but we'll see

lunadance_by_warpout-d4vaayz.gif scratchdance_by_warpout-d4vab5t.gif

#11 2012-11-15 10:55:47

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

I plan for there to be not too much pre-bailfire history, and what there is I will explain.

I think you would enjoy it Shams smile I set it in an area really not covered by the books, so knowledge of characters and the plot and such not necessary.

Normal is boring.

#12 2012-11-15 12:41:00

Ember Swift
Newfound Fan of WaterFire

I fairly certain I'm in on this.  Do I need to do a character sheet?

Forum_sig.png
                                 My OC Ponies: Midnight Jewel, Ember Swift
My DeviantArt

#13 2012-11-15 22:27:35

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

Yes, but Lilac, Arcane, and I are kinda homebrewing some rules to cover things in the FO:E universe.

Also, in case it gets too hard, the fallout equestria resource forums has some rules, although when I checked them they were under construction. Which was like 6-7 months, maybe even a year ago..

#14 2012-11-16 15:17:56

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

got some things figured out, there should be a big post tonight, some subjects that will be covered

Ghouls and Zebras will be playable characters

Weapons and there use

Radiation

some possible skills

and maybe more!

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-11-16 15:20:57)

Normal is boring.

#15 2012-11-16 23:02:41

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0#fo … mJEY2swT2s

link to google doc, if it isn't working, please tell me

Add on rules added to the docs, post here or message me with any questions

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-11-17 00:15:14)

Normal is boring.

#16 2012-11-17 19:20:38

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B019tiF … Qtd3M/edit

This link shoudl work for the add-on rules

Normal is boring.

#17 2012-11-19 00:15:59

Naki
Sup.

I might actually be interested in this. I'll have to make another OC for this, but I am def. interested.

#18 2012-11-19 19:11:48

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Add on rules are finished I believe, let me know if I left anything out.

Add on rule part 1

Add on rues part 2

Rulebook

Character Sheets

If making a ghoul, use the species character sheet.

Normal is boring.

#19 2012-11-19 22:38:48

Naki
Sup.

Name: Glacial Storm
Guiding Element: Loyalty
Special Purpose: Flying quickly to allow the cold winds to blow
Cutie Mark: 3 Snowflakes of differing boreal colors
Description/Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/9bKxs.jpg
Background: A descendant of the late Commander Hurricane, a growing member of the Northern Front Pegasi Army. While shorter than most of the pegasi of his clans, he has an impressive talent with his wing blades and unarmed combat. He sets out to the wastelands of Equestria to personally find out why his reconnaissance above the cloud layers continually disappear.

Mind: 1
Body: 3
Heart: 2
Energy: 4
Courage: 3
Fortitude: 5
Willpower: 6
Aerobatics: 5(+2)
Weathercraft 1

Talents: Tough/Agile

Flaws: DO NOT FEAR US (He's a Pegasi from the north who never bothered to help anypony during the Pony/Zebra war, didn't assist in founding Equestria, and hasn't been seen in well over 5 centuries...its obvious why people look at him differently.)

Skills: Survival - Born in the wintry north, Glacial is capable of making anything edible, and is able to survive in many harsh conditions, including the radiation of the wastelands, and the wicked winter of the North.

Job: Warrior - As a descendant of Commander Hurricane from centuries past, Glacial has the skills and warrior spirit of one of the old age Pegasi Ponies. As such, he's not past killing without hesitation and has a large amount of endurance.

Advancements:
(-5 EXP) Hoof-to-Hoof Combat
(-5EXP) Winged Victory
(-10 EXP) Awesome Aerobatics x2
(-5 EXP) Tough as Horseshoes

When a character whose Guiding Element of Harmony is Loyalty uses their ‘second wind’ to recover from being sidelined, or spends Willpower to inspire another character to recover from being side­lined, if they are restoring their own (or the other character’s) Courage, they restore an amount equal to the character’s Mind or Heart score, whichever is higher. Becoming sidelined, as well as the meth­ods of recovering from it, are explained in more detail later.

#20 2013-04-13 21:11:22

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Guess who likes to bring topics back that everyone has forgot about.... That's right! The one and only lilac iris!

I am here to officially announce that the start date for this rp will be a scant 1 week after trotcon?

Why after trot you ask? Well let me tell you that first of all we got a couple of current rp's going and I'd like to see those through, and second I see trotcon as a wonderful opportunity to get more people involved in our wonderful rp boards, and what better way to do that then to have a brand new story set and ready for them.

Fallout Equestria: Roleplay is Magic coming June 21st to a board near you!

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2013-04-13 21:14:22)

Normal is boring.

#21 2013-04-13 21:20:52

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

WOO! I only had my character drawn up since like never! I'll have to get on that...

#22 2013-04-13 21:51:29

Naki
Sup.

My character still stands. I see no need to change him up.. Though I may make him a girl since girls are better ponies.

#23 2013-04-14 20:25:15

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Ah time to dust off my character concept haven't made a sheet for her though:

Falling_Star_600_zps49571cd9.png

She's Falling Star the descendant of Morning Star and a member of the Grand Pegasus Enclave. Very curious she's going to probably be rescued or found by the group and end up tagging along because she's inherited North Star & Morning Stars near utter suicidal sense of curiosity.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#24 2013-05-05 10:14:08

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Ahem...

I just found something interesting while looking for Pony RP systems. Apparently Kkat (!!!) helped make a Pen and Paper Fo:E RPG system.

Fallout Equestria: PNP

Also LittlePip's Character Sheet Kkat used while writing F:oE to keep track of things:
The Sheet!

Also Kkat was a player/playtester in Group 1 (later went in to help make the new revised version):
Fallout Equestria: PNP Group 1 with links to sessions

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#25 2013-05-05 10:38:58

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

I hate to make everyone learn new rules (including myself), but these seem so much better then the adapted system of my creation. Thank you Arcane for the epic find big_smile

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2013-05-05 10:40:28)

Normal is boring.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB