Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-01-31 20:14:08

Naki
Sup.

Re: Anyone up to try MLP Rolepaly is Magic again?

Bump. I want to revive this in a different light. Can we cut the character sheets and just go with a straight forward-not so dungeon mastery setting? I honestly think a lot of us are capable of doing this without DM approval and I think we could go pretty far, if DM really just paved our path for us on a storyline perspective without the character sheets.

I'm blaming Zane for this outrage since he drew a pretty hot anthro version of Storm.

#27 2014-01-31 20:18:24

ZSabotage
#Urbana2012

it's true, I was the third gunman on the grassy knoll.

69hGW3D.png

#28 2014-01-31 20:37:06

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

I'm ok with this. I was disappointed in not being to really use Falling Star after spending a bit of time getting her together.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#29 2014-01-31 21:13:32

Naki
Sup.

If we can get Twitch on board, we'd be all set. We've gotten some new members of late in the forums who mentioned interest in RP'ing too, so we could maybe recruit a few.

I wouldn't mind picking up where we left off, honestly. Just with a bit more freedom, less limitations and waiting, and I'm pretty good at picking up on godmodding if someone starts doing it and can figure out ways to stop it dead, but most of you guys seem pretty good with balance so I don't think we have anything to worry about.

#30 2014-01-31 23:34:24

Sabuus
Wielder of the Falchion

I'll try RP'ing. It is something I used to do, and I wouldn't mind trying to pick it up again. My RP's used to be for things like Yu-Gi-Oh and Dragonball Z years ago, so I might be a bit rusty at it.

Just be calm and think on the bright side!

#31 2014-01-31 23:56:25

Naki
Sup.

We'll have to figure out a way to balance it out, but if you're interested in the FO:E world, we could use some more people.

#32 2014-02-01 02:08:33

Sabuus
Wielder of the Falchion

I've never read the fan fic, but post-apocalyptic worlds are something that I like to explore in games. I'll give it a shot

#33 2014-02-01 11:48:30

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Sabuus wrote:

I've never read the fan fic, but post-apocalyptic worlds are something that I like to explore in games. I'll give it a shot

If you know about Fallout it should be rather easy to adapt and while their is one major fic which launched it, it's a rather open universe (with tons of fics, RPs, etc set in it). Just like take a glance over at the Fallout Equestria Wiki and the Fallout Equestria Resource to get some of the basic gist of things like some of the major factions & tech.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#34 2014-02-02 11:07:26

Naki
Sup.

So, we all cool with this then? We just need a little bit of rules and regs and we should be fine.

#35 2014-02-03 15:33:02

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

I'm cool with starting back up again smile

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#36 2014-02-03 19:46:45

Naki
Sup.

Then lez do it.

If Caleb doesn't mind us not being so D&D heavy, at least. Character sheets were a bit of a hassle to constantly follow. I'm cool with a DM, just not so much with the overly complex stuff.

#37 2014-02-05 15:45:32

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Captain Fireass wrote:

not being so D&D heavy, at least. Character sheets were a bit of a hassle to constantly follow. I'm cool with a DM, just not so much with the overly complex stuff.

Some where the creator of the Ponyfinder rule book weeps.

/Kidding

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#38 2014-02-05 17:58:07

Naki
Sup.

Lets get a definitive head count then. I'm in.

#39 2014-02-05 19:06:13

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

I'm in, I can either character or DM.

Normal is boring.

#40 2014-02-05 20:57:51

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

For the Enclave! (Yes, I'm in with Falling Star)

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#41 2014-02-05 22:11:15

Sabuus
Wielder of the Falchion

I'm in (a bit rusty but still in!)

#42 2014-02-05 23:59:51

Naki
Sup.

^ We're going to at least need some information, whether we go with DM or not if you're gonna count yourself in. Keep in mind you're in a post-apocalyptic world. Building a character can be seen in this manual, though I think we are gonna try to make this a little less complex.

https://docs.google.com/a/zips.uakron.e … k0xo4/edit

#43 2014-02-06 15:10:00

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

If anyone needs any music to get in the mood, besides the great Fallout Equestria music out there from Dr Dissonance and others the soundtrack from the first couple of Fallout games was remastered (and also used in bits of New Vegas) and is available for free here. It's at the bottom after the paid releases.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#44 2014-02-06 15:32:15

Sabuus
Wielder of the Falchion

Where should I post my character when I create one, and is this going with the Fallout: Equestria topic post that I see you two posting in?

#45 2014-02-06 15:48:00

Naki
Sup.

Here is fine. We created all of our characters on spread sheets, but I don't know if we're keeping them or not, so if you want to post in here it would probably work out just fine.

And yes, it is. We'll have to figure out a way to shift you in, but we're moving back towards Pear Tree, so that could be a good time to shift in with the group. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to Caleb rolling as a DM. Maybe not so much in combat rolls but more responses to at least drive us around.

#46 2014-02-06 18:26:53

Sabuus
Wielder of the Falchion

Okay, I'll have to make my character really quick. Also, are any of the subject to GM things in the rules allowed or not?

Last edited by Sabuus (2014-02-06 18:46:07)

#47 2014-02-06 18:30:24

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

I can still do the driving, combat will probably still have rolls to add some randomness to hits, but overall things will be less complex, like no need to keep close track of weight, but simply being reasonable about it.

Normal is boring.

#48 2014-02-06 18:39:57

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Lilac_Iris wrote:

I can still do the driving, combat will probably still have rolls to add some randomness to hits, but overall things will be less complex, like no need to keep close track of weight, but simply being reasonable about it.

Well get in that harness and get us going. tongue

800px-Sky_Bandit.jpg

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#49 2014-02-06 19:35:33

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Weeeeeeeeohgodamountainbajcudhdshdbdhdebehzjer.....

Normal is boring.

#50 2014-02-06 19:58:43

Sabuus
Wielder of the Falchion

I finished making the character, and I'm ready to go when I can join. Also, Here's the stats to check and see if I got everything right.
Name: Sabuus
Race: Pegasus

Str: 6
Percep: 5
End: 6
Cha: 5
Int: 6
Agi: 7
Luck: 5

Virtue: Thinking on the Bright Side
Special Talent: Creating Rifles

Traits: Dashite
          Touched by Luna

Skills:
Barter: 12
Battle Saddles: 14
Explosives: 12
Firearms: 31 TAG
Magical Energy Weapons: 12
Mechanics: 29 TAG
Medicine: 29 TAG
Melee: 14
Science: 14
Sneak: 16
Speech: 12
Survival: 14
Unarmed: 14
                                           |Value        weight
Items: Service Rifle                  75          8.5
Standard 5.56mm Round (20)     20
Screwdriver                            1            0.5
Healing Potion (2)                    50
"Fresh" food (2)                      14          2
Pure Water (3)                        15          3
Bandages (4)                          20
Bobby Pins (30)                                    15
Hot Plate                               5            2
Leather Armour                      100         15

Total:                                  300          46
Total Weight limit: 175
Remaining Weight: 129

Backstory: Sabuus was just a simple guard. He spent every day just standing by Princess Celestia's side as a loyal guard. The routine was just as any other guard; he was to walk and yell if something mysterious happened. One day, something did, but it was something nobody could stop. The entire kingdom he swore to defend and loved so much that he stayed grounded was gone in an instant. His entire home was obliterated, and buildings fell off of the mountain Canterlot was suspended on. Everything he had done was nothing, and he walked around aimlessly trying to find any remnants of what was left among the ruins of the destroyed towns. His first instinct was to see what had happened to Cloudsdale, but he was rejected due to him being from the ground. His hopes were dashed to pieces. There was nowhere to go but down. On his flight down, he noticed Scootaloo by a rock though. She seemed different to him though, and it took a while to realize it; however, she had a branding on her flank. Sabuus tried to yell to her, but there was so much noise that his words didn't get through. She flew off, and Sabuus landed to see what she had left. There was a recording there, but he didn't want to disturb it. He could tell by how well taken care of it seemed that he knew it was important to her, so Sabuus took off his royal guard helment that he had with him for all these years and placed it beside the recording. Tears poured down his face, but he continued. There was nowhere to go and no plan, but he still marches forward looking for familiar faces and new places; because, he thinks it can be all doom and gloom.

Sorry, it isn't good, but I just made it really quick. Is it acceptable?

Is there anything I forgot or messed up on?

Last edited by Sabuus (2014-02-06 22:48:27)

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB