Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-15 23:29:28

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

So I accidently just bought published clop.

So I got a physical copy of MachoPoni: A Prance with Death for the lulz/historical reasons. I read it last year - it's a published parody (eraserhead/spunk goblin press) of G1 MLP and other things. It's an OK time waster that has so decent points but kinda suffers when Lotus Rose tries to lampoon everything else from the 80s rapid fire and the ending was kinda blah and emo.

Then I got the ebook of the Poni trifecta collecting volumes 2-4 of the 'poniworld chronicles'. Volume 2 was kinda bad since introduced some massive plot holes and ran off in weird directions other than what could have been a decent story with some parody that was telegraphed a little in favor of a left field thing that had some parody but was trying too hard to be grimdark-ish. Volume 3 is going off the rails and the main character got a prophecy of a 'sexual awakening' and is having ahm... S&M fantasies about a mare named Dust (Who is described as having a rather fine flank - and has a white coat and a black mane with red stripes and she has ruby-red eyes - although they are now blue with contacts) and the 4th volume is apparently called 'Dust in Your Eyes: An Erotic Poni Tale'....

And I looked up Volume 4's description: "But the quest turns into a sexual journey when the Sexual Awakening occurs, in which the repressed sexuality of all the creatures of Poniworld gets unrepressed. Dust starts exploring things, things like pleasure, pain, and punishment. Lots of punishment."

It starts in parody and ends in outright clop apparently. I regret nothing! tongue

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#2 2012-12-16 00:11:44

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Re: So I accidently just bought published clop.

Also one other weird thing 1st book (machoPoni) is from 2010 - one of the plot devices is Machoponi eating an addictive mint candy which sped up his thoughts and made him more charismatic... and he uses it to bluff past some undead pony soldiers...

Specifically besides the intoxicating effect and MachoPoni knowing her would be driven to get even bigger fixes of it if he continued using it: "The influence of the mints had cleared the obscuring clutter in his mind".

It reminded me a bit of Mintants in Fo:E and LittlePip using them to bluff his way into Red Eye's camp but it's probably a major coincidence.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#3 2012-12-16 19:03:43

eaglehooves
Procrastinating with ponies, again.

I'm not sure if I'm more amused that you accidentally bought clop, or that apparently it's enough of a thing that there's a publisher out there that would print it.

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-hard-at-work1.jpg
Random journals and the occasional post -> http://eaglehooves.deviantart.com/
Also now on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040248536
Do ponies really even read signatures?

#4 2012-12-16 20:17:00

Th...

Wh...

Th...

WHAAAA?

#5 2012-12-18 15:24:34

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Actually, I'm going to retract a lot of what I said now that I've read the whole of volume 3 and I'm kicking myself for not seeing a lot of things earlier. The story is actually kinda brilliant and though I haven't read much into volume 4 yet I'm going to give this a good recommendation. I kinda excused a lot of the weirder stuff as outlandish parody until the story more or less made something explicit. It has to do with the one MLP canon character in the story who is treated kinda seriously - Megan. The story is actually a good tale of overcoming and healing at the end of a badly ended relationship.

Volume 3 more or less made it explicit that this is all going on inside Megan's head and explained what happened to Megan with the break up. Her boyfriend cheated on her - thus like her heart Poniworld was split into two and Megan took up residence in the dark and gloomy 'Dark Kingdom' - her depression sealing herself off from the world. The four special ponies are all part of psyche Machoponi being her determination to move on thus he starts her path to healing by having her see some joy. Adolph Poni had the Hindu style swastika had it corrupted into the Nazi one when after he felt betrayed by those close to him rejected art, love, forgiveness, and unity and was corrupted by a dark god into the ponification of Megan's wrath at the world and love (more specifically the four dots symbolized these qualities and it was white in a black circle symbolizing bringing light to the darkness - when he was corrupted the dots left, it tilted into the Nazi one, and the color reversed to the Nazi style and in context of the previous symbol was now about bringing darkness to snuff out the light). Brogene all his life looks for acceptance and love and is often spurned but her keeps going and manages to seal the jagged line symbolizing Megan looking back into the world and starting to move on as now love can return to the Dark Kingdom and the healing of Poniworld can begin. I haven't read much of Dust tale yet but Dust is what Megan calls the 'poni-me', she had the other half of the heart and she is the only one who criticizes Megan believing that it would be better to tell her the truth she needed to hear not what she wanted to hear pushing her to change - Dust is possibly Megan's heart (jealousy, spite, and all but deep down good). The bit about sex is that when she was depressed she repressed joy, music, other people, sex and other things and as part of healing these things are returning.

The whole this is going on in Megan's mind explains a lot of things like Adolf's shifts in behavior from hating humans due to mistreatment and around the time they vanish deciding to make ponies more like humans and make ponies the new humans. This corresponds with Megan herself spending her time only with ponies in her castle in the Dark Kingdom preferring their company to anything else (like the humans who harmed her).

After this clicked and I realized this - this thing seems kinda almost like a masterpiece.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#6 2012-12-19 20:26:07

eaglehooves
Procrastinating with ponies, again.

Arcane Flame wrote:

After this clicked and I realized this - this thing seems kinda almost like a masterpiece.

It's too late... We've lost him.

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-hard-at-work1.jpg
Random journals and the occasional post -> http://eaglehooves.deviantart.com/
Also now on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040248536
Do ponies really even read signatures?

#7 2012-12-24 00:12:03

JasonTheHuman

I read that giant spoiler paragraph and I'm pretty sure you're just typing random words. I can see the "outlandish parody" but I'm still not getting the "good tale of overcoming and healing" part.

uOTvi.png

#8 2013-11-06 22:49:24

I didnt even know clop stories were available for buy...Lol I learn something new everyday

#9 2013-11-07 12:39:09

Star ★
Pony
Starshine Trotter

Wait, why is this sticky?

#10 2013-11-07 13:31:22

Brickule

Starshine ★ wrote:

Read the title, I don't think we wanna know why it's "sticky".

#11 2013-11-09 20:29:47

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Starshine ★ wrote:

No clue. Though it seems appropriate for the subject matter. tongue

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB