Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-10 11:42:25

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Fallout Equestria: Pear Tree Junction

War, War never changes, after the the dropping of the bailfire bombs the world of equestria became a wasteland. There were those that survived however, in giant underground bunkers called Stables, built by Stable-tec for this very purpose.

200 years have past since the the Bailfire bombs, and rumor says that some Stables still remained closed, but these are surely only rumors....

The creak of wheels, the slow plodding of hooves, and the blowing of the dry breeze are the only sounds this morning as a small caravan of three carts rolls up to a gate in a wall of rusting shipping containers, some still bearing the faded logos of Sparkle Cola or Stable-tec, other the graffiti of ponies long past. From within the wall rises a giant crane, still standing after all these years.

A piece of sheet metal hangs over the gate, and in white paint is written “Pear Tree Junction”, it bears a surprisingly small number of bullet pock marks. Above the sign are two guards, each with a battle saddle mounted with assault rifles.

Four ponies had joined the caravan at it's last stop, bringing the total number of ponies to 16.

Wastelanders from all walks, living and fighting in a world created by the war between Ponies and Zebras.

Because War...War never Changes.

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2013-05-10 14:23:59)

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#2 2013-05-10 12:33:20

Fire Blossom

Re: Fallout Equestria: Pear Tree Junction

Safe Guard was annoyed as she departed from the caravan, attempting to find a place to rest before she went one her usual trotting about the town to spark a memory. A pestilence of a earth pony had kept asking for a fix...she wished she didn't attract such ponies...but couldn't help having a Cutie Mark that made it seem like she handled with such vile things.

She ruffled her mane while she took note of the town. It was just as dusty as the last town...and the town before that...and the one before that.... "Now where is the watering hole?"

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2013-05-10 12:51:00)

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#3 2013-05-10 14:24:32

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

Rampart chugged down the last of his Sparkle-Cola, swishing it around his mouth. It had cost him the last of his caps so he made sure to savor the flavor. Tossing the spent bottle before they entered the gate, Rampart drew his sawn-off shotgun and checked to make sure it was still loaded. Seeing the two brass ends of the loaded shells, he swung it shut with a hard click and holstered it again.

Nodding to the caravan master, Rampart wandered off into the town they had entered looking for a bounty board. He had hoped to still have some caps left from his temporary job as a caravan guard, but apparently the merchants didn't offer new employee discounts... He needed caps and finding a job seemed to be the best place to get them.

lunadance_by_warpout-d4vaayz.gif scratchdance_by_warpout-d4vab5t.gif

#4 2013-05-10 14:50:30

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

5ZiVjzn.jpg

As you walk into town you see several notices written on yellowing paper stuck to the side of a shipping container. The First is a notice for caps paid for salvage from the trainyard (we're always buying at Pear Tree General), another for 25 caps per ghoul head (Contact Sunbeam at Hope Clinic), and a 3rd that seems to be older then the other requesting box 275 from boxcar 88 of the Baltimare Railway with a reward of 1500 caps, though the part of the paper that the contact was written on has been torn off.

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2013-05-10 14:54:01)

Normal is boring.

#5 2013-05-10 15:11:10

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

Rampart sighed. The few choices he had were extremely slim pickings. The salvage one was completely useless. Wading around in a huge junkyard was not his idea of fun and even then, he doubted he could even find salvage worth anything. The ghoul one seemed a tad bit more up his alley, but ghouls could be vicious in large numbers and all his loud weaponry would surely attract a horde of them. Still, he could at least look into it. Tearing the mysteriously vague third job from the board, Rampart looked around for Hope Clinic.

#6 2013-05-10 15:33:53

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Safe Guard walked into town under the gate, shes sees a pony wearing a red bandanna tear some pieces of paper off a wall and star walking off deeper into town. To Safe's left she sees what was once a wood paneled building, it's white paint peeling and dirty and in several places patched with metal or scrap wood. A sign outside it reads "Golden Hooves Salon", which hangs under large wooden letters that spell: "PEA    EE D POT"

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2013-05-10 15:54:06)

Normal is boring.

#7 2013-05-10 16:06:46

Fire Blossom

Safe Guard studied the letters above the Salons sign before trotting inside. "PEA  EE D POT? maybe Pear Depot...who cares anyways, it's just remnants of the past.... Hopefully they have something other than Salt lick cubes..."

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2013-05-10 16:07:04)

thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#8 2013-05-10 16:32:54

Naki
Sup.

Rapid Storm never could quite get used to this wasteland life. It seemed so simple just living in the clouds not even a year ago. But it was a necessity. She looked around at the ragged and beat down adventurer ponies and wandering ponies. This is what they closed the cloud barrier for? This is what we left behind? If these ponies had even a fraction of what the Enclave had to offer, they'd be back to good ol' Equestria again.

But that's ponies for you. Once love and tolerate over two centuries ago, now its survive or die. And of course the "GREAT PEGASUS ENCLAVE" had to take precedence over the world, enjoying their fresh crops, luxury living, and recreational activities. (Which Storm might add consisted of drinking endless amounts of bottles of Wild Pegasus and Draggy Ice to see who got drunk first) If they could only see what the world was like, what the cowards left behind, who they would be helping, then maybe, just maybe this world could take steps to healing.

But ponies never change. At least Storm hoped she was wrong. She escaped a literal Tartarus to join a living Tartarus. She looked back at the cutie mark on her flank that still existed. Living proof she was allowed to enjoy the benefits of being a traitor to the Enclave on her own terms. Of course, noone down here knew that. She followed the examples of Loyalty and Determination. What TRUE Wonderbolts should adhere to. She was a Dashite, and by Celestia's name (wherever she was), she would not go down branded.

She flew out slowly from her sitting position on one of the caravans carts. She still had a bandage wrapped around one wing that was still in its healing process. It was nearly done, but her lack of medical abilities kind of hindered the whole healing process. She'd taken a protective position on the caravan as a sort of bodyguard. She'd managed to hoof the lights out of some dick wad bandit pony about 2 towns back, but it seems the caravan finally reached their destination. Pear Tree Junction. It was about as run down as the rest of the cities in the Equestrian Wastelands.

"Might as well find some work. This shit hole isn't going to fix itself. And these wing blades ain't gonna use themselves." She muttered to herself, flying over to the bounty board.

"Ghouls. Salvage caps. And some bum tore this paper off." She groaned and let out a sigh. "I GUESS I could go slay some ghouls. Not like thats huge work, and I guess I could get some experience back.. Its been a while since I've gotten my hooves really dirty. Also, where in Tartarus did that schmuck who tore that last piece of paper go off to.. I'd like to have a couple choice words with him.." She muttered, trotting off.

Last edited by Naki (2013-05-10 16:55:17)

#9 2013-05-11 11:32:48

ZSabotage
#Urbana2012

Bolt Runner expected nothing less than an ambush. These Caravan ponies were far to nice to give him a loft. They were plotting something, he just knew it. He heard some of them talking through the night as he laid restless, anxious. The carts had stopped this morning, and there was some commotion as ponies came and left. So he waited. Waited until the other ponies in the carts around him had left. He checked the magazine in his 10mm once again, checked the slide, chambered a round; deep breath...

Bolt hopped out of the cart and immediately rolled down and took cover.
This was it, it's go time, time to make it or break it, do or die, time to-
-Realize that no one is shooting or even paying attention.

Understanding the situation, Bolt relaxed a bit and felt slightly embarrassed. He holstered his sidearm and started making his way into the shanty "settlement" the caravan had stopped at.
Despite his misjudgings of the caravan ponies, he was still tense, unsure of the ponies he might encounter in this town.
He was ready to draw at a moments notice.

69hGW3D.png

#10 2013-05-11 12:01:19

Fire Blossom

Safe Guard entered the Saloon, looking at the patrons before going to find a place to sit. It annoyed her, but she had to look at every little thing to see if it revived a memory into coming back....

(Where ever she finds to sit, she's going to be lining up her ammo in lines...and order a drink if someone ever comes to her)

#11 2013-05-11 12:45:41

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

As Safe Guard opened the door to the Golden Hooves Saloon she saw the interior, the windows gave no real view to the outside, grimy with age, though the cloud filtered sun still seeped through to grant some brightness to the inside.

There were seven ponies within. The six patrons split evenly between unicorns and earth ponies, sitting at tables that had seen better days. Behind the bar was a grey unicorn, wiping clean a bright white coffee mug.

Two of the earth ponies wearing armor made from scrap metal looked up from their drinks at Safe Guard, but otherwise nopony makes a move as Safe walked to an empty space at the bar.

The gray unicorn set down the coffee mug and looked over at the white mare. “Beer, Sparkle Cola, Whiskey?”

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Rampart:

In the small settlement it didn't take long to find a prewar metal building bearing a homemade sign:

“Hope's Clinic” Inside is a light pink earth pony wearing a dirty prewar nurse's cap, behind here floated a Mr. Handy, which also wore a nurse cap.

(OOC:http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Mister_Handy)

“Can I help you?” The pink pony said

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rapid Storm looked around a saw a pony wearing a red bandanna with a piece of paper sticking out of his saddlebags and followed him into Hope Clinic.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Bolt Runner watch over the town, the caravan carts had been pulled into town and the guards he had traveled with moving throughout the small settlement, several headed to the Saloon, some to the cafe,
and still others to the General Store and the armory to buy and sell wares. In his observations he was able to note the three other ponies who had joined the caravan when he did. The white Unicorn had headed towards the Saloon, while the Pegasus and the Blue Unicorn had gone a little further into  metal building.

Normal is boring.

#12 2013-05-11 12:56:12

Fire Blossom

"Apple Whiskey, if you have it..." Safe replied, as she started pulling out flare rounds and started making neat straight lines of them on the Bar.

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2013-05-11 13:36:44)

#13 2013-05-11 13:10:38

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

"I saw the job you posted out there. The one involving ghoul heads? Are there a particular pack hounding this settlement or is it more of just a any old ghoul I happen to stumble across? Oh, and before I forget," Rampart floated out the paper he tore of the bounty board, "I saw this up there and saw that it had no name or contact. Do you have any idea who put it up there and where I might be able to find them?"

#14 2013-05-11 14:21:15

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"Apple Whiskey, if you have it..." Safe replied, as she started pulling out flare rounds and started making neat straight lines of them on the Bar.

The bartender grabbed up a coffee mug and a bottle in his magic and poured the caramel liquid. Floating it over to Safe Guard, and noticed her laying out rounds.

"Three caps, and you can put the rounds away, no one's gonna trouble you inside the walls."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I saw the job you posted out there. The one involving ghoul heads? Are there a particular pack hounding this settlement or is it more of just a any old ghoul I happen to stumble across? Oh, and before I forget," Rampart floated out the paper he tore of the bounty board, "I saw this up there and saw that it had no name or contact. Do you have any idea who put it up there and where I might be able to find them?"

The Pink pony responded to Rampart's questions, "There are always ghouls out there, have been ever since the bombs fell, and the less ghouls there are, the easier it is to get what we need, and the easier my job is. As for your second question, that paper has been there longer then I have, some say it has been hanging there since the founding of Pear Tree junction, put up by a pony who only stayed around long enough to post the Bulletin, others say it was just some Stallion in a duster and face mask that comes by every so often to barter with the merchants in town. Sometimes he even brings medical supplies for me, though he never buys anything from me"

Normal is boring.

#15 2013-05-11 14:25:51

Fire Blossom

"Three caps, and you can put the rounds away, no one's gonna trouble you inside the walls."

Safe Floated the caps out of her bag to the bartender, still focusing on making the round line up as straight as they could. "I'm not worried about trouble, this just helps me think..." taking a small swig of her drink, after she spoke. feeling the soft burn of the alcoholic drink. "Say, where is the clinic in...this town? I didn't see it on my way here."

[Caps: 25-3=22]

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2013-05-11 16:04:27)

#16 2013-05-11 15:45:01

Naki
Sup.

"I was going to ask the same question regarding that contract that this ragged looking schmuck took without thinking anyone wanted to look at." Rapid Storm trotted up alongside the blue unicorn that was already talking to the quest giver. "And that I am also interested in helping out with the Ghoul mess."

She grinned slightly, wanting to get a rise out of the Unicorn, but she was definitely very interested in the caps in the deal.

#17 2013-05-11 18:52:51

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

Rampart turned to glace at the newcomer. He recognized her from the caravan before, based solely on the fact that she was a pegasus, and an unbranded one at that. Still, she didn't cause trouble and actually seemed eager to help out with guard duty. Her rather abrasive introduction may have been a tad irritating, but considering the circumstances regarding the ghoul situation, Rampart couldn't be particularly picky.

"Turns out that third one is kind of a bust anyway," Rampart said, floating the paper back into his bags, "Doesn't have a name for a contact and all I got is the description of some crazy pony running around in a duster with a face mask." Not that vague clues would discourage him too much. 1500 caps was probably his most lucrative payday yet, even if he did have no idea where to start.

"And as far as the ghouls go," he added on, giving the pegasus a once over that involved the slight tilt of his head upward to take her all in, "I could use some help. As you can see, I don't got much in the way of quiet and those things tend to swarm fast around loud noises. So unless I want to fall down on them spike first," Rampart gave a quick roll on one of the shoulders of his front legs, displaying the rather spikey pauldron attached to his armor, "Any help you bring would be appreciated"

#18 2013-05-11 19:05:19

Naki
Sup.

"The only loud thing this pegasus does is make bandits scream when I ring their necks. Of course, I do have a bit of a problem with ghouls considering the little buggers can outnumber me and I have no way to decapitate them barring ol Firefly and Thunderlane back here." She said, pointing at her wings, one bandaged but still both with capable wing blades attached to them. "And seeing as how Firefly is currently taking medical leave, I kind of can't make use of them right now."

She crinked her neck a bit. She was a tad annoyed that the payout on the paper that the stallion had taken was pretty much nonexistent, but work was work, and to build any amount of respect or caps, she needed to take whatever she could get. She looked down at the medium size stallion that she ironically kind of towered over, being a relatively big flight school girl. The stallion was of medium height, his fur color a blue, with a mane the color of day old poop. Okay, maybe that's harsh, but it was still brown. His cutie mark? Ramparts of a castle. Was he a guard? Or were they still doing those silly medieval age roleplay things down here in the Wastelands? Regardless, he wasn't TERRIBLE to look at, not that she was looking right now. Of course his armor was only something a bandit mother could love. A bit overkill for her boring leather armor, but eh, you make do with what you have in the Wastelands. Speaking of making do...

"You do realize however, with multiple people working on this little errand, that we're going to be getting significantly less. You okay with halfsies?" She asked quizzically.

#19 2013-05-12 00:16:58

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

"Half of a big payout is a lot better than dead with no payout." Rampart replied. "I think that between the two of us we can make a decent amount." He turned to face the nurse, "So, Miss Nurse, I know you said that they're everywhere around here, but could you narrow the area a bit? For example, do they seem to be hanging around the sewers? Or any notable landmark that this trading post values?"

#20 2013-05-12 03:34:16

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Safe Guard:

The bartender gave a small shrug, he had heard stranger things then a pony thinking with bullets.

“Clinic's in the metal building under the crane, I think Sunbeam is in charge right now, why you needin' to head there, you don't look hurt.”

Hope's Clinic:

Well most areas to the...... Just then two ponies shoved there way through the door, supporting a third in between them, it's flank covered in blood and his right forehoof broken and mangled.

“Fuck, where were you?” The Nurse responded, already opening the door to the back operating room

“On the East West Line to Baltimare! ghouls in a shipping container!” One of the uninjured ponies called back as he help the other into the back.

“That enough of a starting point for ya?” She turned to the Mister Handy, “Get the fuck in here Drawbar!”

“Sure thing madam, gotta keep things smooth on the Baltimare rails.” It replied with a almost comical drawl as it hovered in after her and closed the door to the operating room.

Normal is boring.

#21 2013-05-12 08:24:12

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

"It'll do. Come on, Miss Wingblades, we got some ghouls to hunt," Rampart said, quickly getting out of the way of the medical ponies and heading outside. As soon as he got outside, a sudden thought struck him "Err.... which way is east?" (After posting said survival roll idea, I did one for myself at the very easy level. With a Survival Skill of 22 +30 for being very easy, I subsequently rolled a 70, much higher than the 52 I needed. In other words, true to form, I failed to figure out where the heck I am)

(OOC: Barring surprise intervention, Rampart is going to wait for the pegasus and then start heading out on the East-West line towards Baltimare... as soon as he figures out which way is east... which would probably require a very easy Survival check for Naki (who would need to roll less than a 67) or I'll just run around and bother ponies until I find a map or the right Rail Line)

(OOC: Dice roller for online: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm. For the most part, we'll being using d100, which is the 4th from the bottom and d10's, which are right above it)

Last edited by twitchy.717043 (2013-05-12 08:38:30)

#22 2013-05-12 11:52:24

Fire Blossom

“Clinic's in the metal building under the crane, I think Sunbeam is in charge right now, why you needin' to head there, you don't look hurt.”

Safe started placing the Flare rounds back into her bag, feeling that she had an idea of what to do around the town now, and also to finish off the Apple whiskey without distractions. Though her little thing wasn't distractive, just hard to focus on while there were other things she had to do. "It's a bit personal, but thought I might visit there first.... Might even be able to lend a hoof." Taking another swig of her drink after she spoke.

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2013-05-12 14:00:06)

#23 2013-05-12 15:41:49

Naki
Sup.

Storm trotted outside after the hasty Stallion who was muttering to himself quite pathetically about what location was east. (I rolled a 61.)

"Sun rises in the east, sets in the west. I know that you don't see the sun often, but if you look at the clouds where you see the brightest shine, you'll find the suns current location. At this point it is past the very top, going the opposing direction. So its around 1:30. We just have to go the opposing direction of where it is... which is...that way." Storm poked a hoof over the opposing direction of the suns current location and towards some slummy buildings.

"Next time you have a problem figuring out your cardinal directions, you might want to let me cover it. Names Typhoon, by the way. Since you kind of ran out of the building without me, considering we're working together on this whole deal." Storm opted to use a code name she came up with as opposed to her real name. If a pegasus named Rapid Storm started getting popular and noticed across the wood work, Tartarus have no fury if the Enclave found out she was actually ALIVE as opposed to her faked death.

#24 2013-05-12 16:14:08

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

"I'm more for following signposts than anything else. And worst comes to worst, I can always ask somepony." Rampart said. "Name's Rampart, it'll be a pleasure working with you Miss Typhoon, now let's find those tracks."

(OOC: Rampart is now going to find tracks that run in the direction Typhoon pointed in, which shouldn't be TOO hard... I hope...)

#25 2013-05-12 17:23:05

ZSabotage
#Urbana2012

Bolt had no idea what to do.
Back when he was with the Steel Rangers, he usually stayed within his camp, only venturing out with his company, and even then he didn't interact with locals. And on top of it all, he didn't have any caps left.
So he stood there for the longest time, taking everything in, trying to figure out something to do.
There seemed to be a lot of hustle and bustle; the caravaneers were gathering and selling supplies and the locals were going about their business.
[PER - 8, Failed; did not notice the injured guard being carried to the clinic]
After a while, Bolt decided the saloon was as good as place as any to start, and began making his way there.

69hGW3D.png

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB