Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-05 11:28:16

jackpot

Animal Crossing New Leaf

So apparently it's listed on the Trotcon schedule as "Animal Crossing: New Leaf Meet"... Twice, and the game isn't even out yet.    What's the deal with that?  Is there tons of hype towards this game that I'm not aware of?  Who's getting this game?

Also known as Derpy Hooves and sometimes Sir Derps.

#2 2013-06-05 11:47:46

Mkanke
Peanut Buckering ALL the things!
Mkanke Trotter

Re: Animal Crossing New Leaf

I already have it as I'm an importer. But it adds a great deal of new things. Also it comes out over here on the 9th I think so its just before the convention. There must be a decent amount of hype though. If you watch any cartoon network channel you'll see it at least 3-4 times a day minimum in my experiences.

The people who hype it though aren't very vocal about it on forums that I have seen though. They just kinda sit there biting their nails till it finally comes out : p

yZVDO6p.gifD4LwTWC.gifulgdssl.gifLi4qREa.gifUyOaK2h.gif

#3 2013-06-05 12:35:18

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Mkanke wrote:

I already have it as I'm an importer. But it adds a great deal of new things. Also it comes out over here on the 9th I think so its just before the convention. There must be a decent amount of hype though.

And if you have my job a Nintendo rep will come out to talk to you about it...

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#4 2013-06-05 16:24:57

Bigjoe
Average Joe

There's a dedicated fandom when it comes to Animal Crossing.

#5 2013-06-06 00:06:19

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

augh! I have no 3ds, and haven't played an animal crossing since gamecube, but one look at the animal crossing site..... and now...... I wanna go back to animal crossing!

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#6 2013-06-07 08:42:34

Strat
Unavailable at this time

Lilac_Iris wrote:

augh! I have no 3ds, and haven't played an animal crossing since gamecube, but one look at the animal crossing site..... and now...... I wanna go back to animal crossing!

To be fair, you didnt miss out on too much. I rather prefered the Gamecube version the best, Wii version is second. That being said, I love how you can control everything in town. It would be like a cute version of the sims games without the endless expansion packs. I cannot wait to get this game!

#7 2013-06-08 19:55:40

jackpot

Animal Crossing compared to the Sims?  That's actually rather accurate, though I've always been calling it a weird dating sim (Without the dates).

I'll probably get this tomorrow, presuming it actually shows up tomorrow at Gamestop or Wal-mart.

Also known as Derpy Hooves and sometimes Sir Derps.

#8 2013-06-08 20:19:30

I'll just sit here and wait for the Wii u version to come out as I have no 3ds currently.

ermah.jpg

#9 2013-07-17 16:03:28

I'll just leave this here

ermah.jpg

#10 2014-12-26 00:10:58

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

*Resurrects Thread*

So who still plays etc?

Anyways thought I'd resurrect this thread to share dream addresses or online stuff.

My 3DS Friend Code:
5215 - 1234 - 4363

My dream address is: 4500-4155-1968

Currently I have the full department store with Gracie etc and a variety of stuff in town. If you need anything I can open my town up.
My skype is: tsulakala.kitsula

Also if you know of any cool dream addresses to check out post them here as well I'll start with one:
Kanto: 7400-2353-0580

An Animal Crossing Tale

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#11 2014-12-28 23:52:13

Mkanke
Mkanke Trotter

I never got the dream place because I just couldn't be bothered. I still play once a week though saying hi to villagers and cleaning up the weeds and stuff~

#12 2014-12-31 22:51:13

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

If anyone is really bored for New Years, I'm going to open my AC: New Leaf's town gates around 10:45pm EST

My 3DS Friend Code:
5215 - 1234 - 4363

My skype is: tsulakala.kitsula

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#13 2015-01-22 18:47:37

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Neat:

Also anyone have a Cardboard Box item I could have / trade for?

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#14 2015-01-22 20:27:44

Mkanke
Mkanke Trotter

I can check tomorrow when I get on for the box. Just post a bump in here so I remember to check~

#15 2015-01-23 00:05:29

Strat
Unavailable at this time

Neat. New Leaf seems to be resurging again. As far as I know. I'm certainly back playing after 5 months...

#16 2015-01-23 19:49:00

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Strat wrote:

Neat. New Leaf seems to be resurging again. As far as I know. I'm certainly back playing after 5 months...

I'm guessing it's because the holiday season and also back in December Nintendo said their would be new Animal Crossing news in the next year (2015) and just recently they launched a Animal Crossing Announcement Community which seem to point at a new Animal Crossing game (most likely the Wii U) one is going to be officially announced in the not to distant future.

The Hype Train is beginning to leave the station and Rover is already aboard and asking questions.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#17 2015-01-24 23:53:24

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Anyways, I heard the Nintendo of Japan's AC:NL village is continually updated to promote new & popular games and recently added Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Stuff.

Nintendo of Japan's Dream Code: 0000-0100-0017

HNI_0016_zpsxxqmb0cp.jpg

HNI_0019_zpslgpj8t0m.jpg

HNI_0037_zpstuzpug4u.jpg

HNI_0034_zpsaah9zfcn.jpg

HNI_0011_zpsqwqm2rb9.jpg

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#18 2015-01-25 13:00:30

Mkanke
Mkanke Trotter

I checked Arcane. I only have the box bed and the box chair. Let me know if you want either.

#19 2015-01-26 19:46:27

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Heads up if you didn't get the Spotpass:

16556b97-5b7d-419d-90c3-aeea4f1db5d2_zpsd6pfcqxv.jpg

They're being distributed in Nintendo Zones - go there and in game go to the post office and ask for DLC on local wireless.

Two other things I'm looking for is the Mossy Carpet from Sahara and the one item which has a pyramid of rice balls (?) on a 三宝 (don't know if it was reorder-able DLC or something I've seen it in dream towns but never in streetpass houses).

Edit: Got the carpet from Sahara.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#20 2015-02-11 19:00:38

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

A couple of notable towns I've seen:

A MLP themed town with some cool patterns available from Wendell:
6500-4536-4990

Pendleton Ward's Town:
4500-2305-5279

Also looking for Dango item.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#21 2015-03-14 17:14:52

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

wef9Fm9.jpg?1

Got a really cool item I didn't know existed in New Leaf from Katrina - the Celebration Hat or Red Daikoku Hat. This item always counts as the Lucky Item (in place of the random daily one) and has a bit of cool Japanese cultural lore associated with it. It's referencing one of the Seven Lucky Gods - Daikoku who commonly wears a hat of this style (called a Daikoku-zukin 大黒頭巾).

Daikoku is a god of wealth, agriculture, food, and good fortune who in addition to wearing this style of hat he is also well known for carrying around a sack of treasure and a magic hammer (Uchide no Kozuchi) which was said to be able to miraculously produce anything desired when struck.

Really cool that this item is in the game, I probably should have posed with the Hammer tool but instead here's me with the hat and trying out an outfit I'm making for St. Patrick's day (and standing by the information sign in my town's Shinto Shrine).

For ref:
http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/daikoku.shtml

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#22 2015-06-21 22:15:01

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

So this happened to me today:

ScA88o6.png

I think Zucker finally watched the Nintendo E3 Digital Event.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#23 2015-07-05 20:57:05

Strat
Unavailable at this time

Started playing new leaf for the first time in a while (mostly because the girlfriend loves the game). I drew something awful...

CJDGxGqUsAAJmiW.jpg:large

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB