Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-01 20:52:40

Ember Swift
Newfound Fan of WaterFire

Welcome to Hoofstock

Welcome to Hoofstock, the location of the first annual Hoofstock Music and Arts Festival.  Sponsored by the prominent family in the area, the Notes, the festival allows up and coming talent to showcase themselves in various ways. 

The opening ceremonies begin in the main square where a large stage is built for featured musical performances.  A brown unicorn with a greying black mane steps on stage followed by a beautiful unicorn mare that looks young enough to be his daughter.  The white mare has a flowing pink mane and tail and walks gracefully to the center of the stage behind the unicorn stallion.

"Good afternoon, everyone," the brown unicorn stallion says into a microphone on the stage, "My name is Clef Note, and I am proud to sponsor this wonderful event in my hometown of Hoofstock.  Everything you are are about to experience is the result of my passion, your desire, and the wonderful talented ponies exhibiting their talents.  As you all know, we have events planned over the course of the next few days, leading up to the exhilarating fireworks display at the closing of the festival.  And now, I would like to introduce you to my lovely daughter, Sweet Note."  Clef Note steps away from the microphone, allowing his daughter to speak.

Sweet Note steps up to the microphone, bowing to the crowd, "I am honored that so many are in attendance.  I look forward to seeing many of you throughout the festival and wish everyone a good time."  Clef and Sweet Note depart, going backstage, and the crowd disperses to various sections of town.

Meanwhile, rumors have been spoken around town about a string of robberies.  The thief is only known by E, the name on the notes found at each crime.

Forum_sig.png
                                 My OC Ponies: Midnight Jewel, Ember Swift
My DeviantArt

#2 2013-08-02 13:03:50

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: Welcome to Hoofstock

Liriope had always loved festivals, so much so that she had gone through the trouble of bleach her black mane a stark white, and then had put in some temporary hair dye to make it pink like cotton candy.

For the deep purple pegasus it didn't really matter the kind of festival, she loved them all. The different sights and the sounds and everypony's focus on whatever was going on nearby.

It almost made things to easy.

Liriope had arrives on the train only a few hours ago, her ticket to the festival and her hotel room had been paid in full thanks to the generous, and unobservant, citizens of Manehatten, and a stopover in Neighagra Falls had made sure she would have a little extra spending money.

Liriope had been busy in her short time in town.  she'd set up a small tent and had hung the sign she had brought with her outside it.

Store your Saddlebags!
2 Bits!

She had been able to get a few ponies to leave there bags with her, at which time she put a piece of paper over the sign that read "Back in 20 minutes", loaded the saddlebags into a duffel bag, and returned to her room at The Griffin's Roost. Leaving the bag of saddlebags on the bed and trotting into the bathroom.

Standing in front of the mirror could help but smile at the pony looking back at her. She still had her deep purple fur, but her mane was nowhere near it's original color, and her eyes were currently a shade of blue-grey. Liriope took a contact case out of her bag and placed the contacts she had been wearing inside them, returning her eyes to their natural green. She took out a bottle of shampoo and a container of blue hair dye, placing the dye on the edge of the sink before taking the shampoo into the shower with her to help wash out the pink she was currently sporting as a mane color.

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#3 2013-08-02 13:21:51

Fire Blossom

"THATS SO ADORABLE!" An over exited lite blue pegasus mare cooed over an item at a souvenir stand.
"I guess it..does," a goldish orange pegasus mare tried to agree with her companion.
A third pony, whom was the twin unicorn sister of the lite blue pegasus, waitied patiently while the other two were debating about the adorabilty of the plush musician doll the town had been selling for its first musician fair. She would admit that it did look nice, but wasn't something she was into. "Why don't you buy it for Silver Note, Inferno."
"I-If that's what my sweet wing wishes." Silver Note's eyes gleamed as she watched Inferno hand over the bits for the plush toy. "By the way Silver Tongue," Inferno asked the unicorn in their group of three, "How did you find out about this festival? It wasn't really advertised in Canterlot."

Silver Tongue had found a flyer while she had been doing daily maintenance of tidying the bookshop. She thought this would be a good chance to get her sister and her...as much as it felt awkward to say...fillyfriend something to do during their vist. There had been a small incident of a white changeling a while back, and had a feeling Inferno would try see if it was still around. Considering it had been wearing royal guard armour, and Inferno and her sister were royal guards. She just hoped this was a good distraction.

"Oh, I heard about it from around." She gave a sly smile while they moved on, the plush toy now sitting on the back of Silver Note.

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2013-08-02 13:30:37)

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#4 2013-08-02 18:27:16

Ember Swift

Emerald Riff watched the opening ceremonies from a nearby roof, carefully hiding herself from view, "The last thing I want is to be seen up here."  After Clef and Sweet Note went backstage, Emerald flew to a nearby alley where she could emerge and hide herself in the crowd.  The pink pegasus mare walked casually to a cider stand nearby, "I'll have a cider please.  Put it on my tab." 

Emerald watched a small group of ponies played a game for a plush, speaking under her breath, "This festival is the perfect cover."  She turned to the pony behind the counter, "Have you heard anything about the recent thefts?  Maybe something more than a letter for name."

"Can't say I have.  The guard doesn't seem to have any idea who it is," the stallion said.  Emerald looked back at the group playing games, "that's good to know."

Last edited by Ember Swift (2013-08-02 18:36:53)

Forum_sig.png
My DeviantArt

#5 2013-08-02 19:16:13

BlazingEmber
The Heroic Firepony

Blazing Ember had been sent by her captain to keep watch over the event as Cloudsdale's Firepony Deparment didn't have the funds to get more than one pony into the event at a time. "I guess If The Captain Is Paying for me To attend this kind of event I might as well enjoy it as much as I can" Blazing Ember Said with a smile over her face. "Haven't had much time to myself since that spell messed me up" She added stomping her hoof Furiously On the ground.

Looking around she smiles and heads off to a nearby cider stand "Havent Had any Good Cider In a while maybe Since Im not on duty right Now ill Have a bit to drink" She said with a smile As she got in line behind the pegasus with the green and brown mane. As the Pegasus in front of her left she happily Sideled up. "Could I get 2 Ciders Please" She said as she Put her bits on the counter and happily downs both mugs of Cider without stopping. "Delicious Cider" she complimented before placing the mugs back onto the counter.

#6 2013-08-03 10:22:04

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

A shadowy figure stands in the forest, it hears the openings ceremony and huffs. It's intense eyes and muscular body glisten as the sun pokes through the leaves of the trees, it huffs again then begins its trek into the town...

Last edited by Acheron187 (2013-08-03 10:22:52)

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#7 2013-08-03 15:30:20

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

A grim red striped zebra mare wearing a red tunic tunic with black metal armor having gold highlights, an armor of Roam. In addition to this the mare was armed having two pila, a shield, and a sword in a sheath along with loaded down saddle bags. She ignores the stares as ponies eye the odd sight and some dart back into their domiciles at the mere sight of the zebra.

Up ahead she caught a glimpse of a pub, The Griffin's Roost, and trotted off towards it. The zebra got to the door, pushed it open, and trotted inside.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#8 2013-08-03 20:23:49

Fire Blossom

"So where are we spending the night again" Inferno had asked Silver tongue, with a hint of worry of what might be the response.
Without having to give a second thought as to how her sister's fillyfriend had asked, Silver Tongue spoke in a monologue tone. "Griffin's Roost," she turned the the goldish orange pegasus while they trotted on, "It's the best I could do for the three of us. it has good reputation...from what I hear...and we will have to be sharing the same room." a groan of disappointment had escaped from the fiery maned pegasus, while Silver Note had let a small giggle of amusement out. "just about every other place is booked, so you will just have to deal with it...." She turned away from Inferno, trying her best to keep her expression clear, "So that means you two will have to endure not being alone for a while."

The three had walked around for a small while. Taking in all the sights they could muster, such as a few street performers, while Silver Tongue was leading them to the establishment where they were going to be spend their nights at. The Griffin's Roost did look rather rustic, but the building itself did fit it's reputation.

While Silver Tongue went to retrieve their rooms key, Inferno was cautiously watching a heavily armoured zebra that was secluded from the rest of the buildings partons. She had an edgy feeling about the zebra. It was her instincts as a guard.

thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#9 2013-08-03 21:37:30

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Soon the figure made it's way into the town, it kept to the shadows and saw the a building. It saw the name Griffon's Roost, it soon went into the building not sure what to expect. In the pub the form emerged, a mighty buck. He had a locket around his neck; he looked around and sniffed the air...

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#10 2013-08-03 22:01:42

Ember Swift

"I suppose Suds is my next stop.  He usually has all the latest information on anything," Emerald said starting off towards Griffon's Roost.  the pub was fairly packed, including the ponies from before and a zebra with red stripes.

The pink pegasus walked to the bar looking for a green unicorn with an apron, "How's business, Suds?  The festival seems to have brought a hefty amount of bits."  The bartender looked back at Emerald, "You hiding again?  I typically don't see you in here unless you're looking for help."  Emerald looked hurt, "That hurts, Suds.  You know I can't get out much."

At that moment the door opened and the room turned quiet.  Emerald looked towards the door, finding a buck looking around the room, "Well I'll be, its a deer.  What's he doing here?"

Forum_sig.png
My DeviantArt

#11 2013-08-04 09:41:20

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Liriope finished in the shower shower, her mane now a pale white, getting her black mane that color had cost quite a few bits,and her mane was a little more brittle then normal, but it was worth it for it's versatility. walking over to the sink she used a foreleg to clear up the steam mirror, and began following the instructions on the bottle of hair dye.

Normal is boring.

#12 2013-08-04 17:53:19

Fire Blossom

If the silence that filled the room didn't catch the threes attention, the numerous stares at the figure standing at the entrance did.

"Am I seeing things, or is that a deer," Silver Tongue asked in a hushed voice, trying her best not to break the still air.
Taking note of her sister's return, she herself couldn't believe what had just entered. "It is...and its hard to believe one came into a such crowded town." She leaned closer to her sister, "didn't the ones close to Trotton-"
"Yes. They didn't like going into town. This though isn't Trotton."

Inferno didn't make sense of what the Silver twins were talking about. Though the "Deer" looked interesting, the zebra concerned her interest more. "Excuse me Sweet Wing, I'm going to check something before I head to the room." Silver Note shared their room number before she trotted off.

"So," Inferno announced herself as she sat next to the zebra, "What's a nicely armed zebra doing in such a peaceful town?"

#13 2013-08-05 20:17:27

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

The Zebra trotted up to the bar and dropped a couple of bits.

"Mnazi, diluted with seawater," she requested, "not that barbaric merum stuff."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#14 2013-08-05 20:31:12

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

The buck saw the zebra and approached her, he soon was right in her face and began to sniff her mane. He continued sniffing her till he got down to her cheek, he then licked her cheek.

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#15 2013-08-05 20:50:34

BlazingEmber
The Heroic Firepony

Blazing Ember Has already enjoyed two large pints of cider and was now making her way to the inn where she would be staying. "Gee the chief was quite nice to give me extra money so that i dont have to sleep outside. Though since ive changed he wont stop looking at me Weird!" She says as she stomps her hoof not realizing that the chief had payed out of his pocket for her vacation.

"Griffin's Roost" She said reading a sign on the door and pushed the door open with her hoof. Quickly she walks over to the Pony at the bar who she assume was in charge of rooms. She Slams her money on the counter "One Room for the whole event Please" She said to the Bartender whom told her there were no rooms left "WHAT DO YOU.....what do you mean there are none left! My Chief Lettered Ahead to have one Reserved for me" SHe sounded angry that her room had been given to someone else! "I better get A room or there is no one around to save this place if it catches fire!" She says stomping as she pulls her Equestrian Firepony badge out of her saddlebags "SEE!" she yells Loudly only to be told again no one can help.

#16 2013-08-06 19:33:52

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

(Ooc:speeding up the mane dyeing process a little)

Liriope looke at herself in the mirror when she was finished. Her mane was now a cornflower blue, at least it was unless it rained. A can of manespray helped to give it a bit of lift. As a finishing touch she grabbed out a different contact case as made her iris's a deep purple.

After making sure everything was in place she left the bathroom and went to the bag of saddlebags.

"I'll look through them later, but right now I should get out there before everypony spends their bits." Taking the duffel bag she shoved it under the bed and out of sight before leaving the room, making sure to lock the door on the way out, taking her own plain saddlebags and ticket with her.

As the purple Pegasus made her way down the stairs she saw an interesting group forming as Liriope made her observations. A buck (rare sight in crowds like this, possible trinkets), a red zebra (armed, best to avoid, but zebra made items can fetch good prices), and an orange mare yelling at the innkeeper (possible authority, but low rank, loudness makes a scene or a distraction). Breezing by the other ponies in the lobby Liriope made it outside and took flight, scanning the crowd for areas or ponies of interest.

Normal is boring.

#17 2013-08-07 13:17:37

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

OOC: Thought it was another Zebra at first since Marakekunda had just trotted in and hadn't gone anywhere to sit down yet and was just at the door.

"So," Inferno announced herself as she sat next to the zebra, "What's a nicely armed zebra doing in such a peaceful town?"

"None of your business unless you have a quest. I'm Marakekunda and not here to grace any pony's bedchamber, so end the flattery...", the Zebra replied gruffly.

The buck saw the zebra and approached her, he soon was right in her face and began to sniff her mane. He continued sniffing her till he got down to her cheek, he then licked her cheek.

Marakekunda turned and locked dagger like eyes on the buck. "Do that again and those horns of yours will be sticking out of your other end."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#18 2013-08-07 13:31:56

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Acheron backed off and huffed, he walked trotted around and approached the fire pony. He saw the badge and sniffed it, he then looked at the fire pony and got in her face sniffing her mane. He proceeded doing the same thing as he did to the zebra licking her cheek.

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#19 2013-08-07 14:19:07

Fire Blossom

"None of your business unless you have a quest. I'm Marakekunda and not here to grace any pony's bedchamber, so end the flattery...", the Zebra replied gruffly.

She had expected some sort of harsh comment, as she had handled some of the more back ally pubs of Canterlot and some of the more questionable ponies gathered their. Mercenaries, pickpockets of the likes. But bringing her or the pony she was dealing with sexuality in the picture was something Inferno could never stand.

She had been about to demand why in the heavenly sky would she even care about laying with the crimson stripped zebra, until she noticed that the deer that had entered had just licked the zebra. The deers action had only just had irritated the zebra more, and Caused the deer to be threatened with a rather colorful remark.

Once the deer was away, Inferno spoke what she was about to before the interruption. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not a here for a quest or coax you to bed my chambers," Inferno said rather harshly with sarcasm. clearing her throat for a more professional manner, she continued to speak. "I'm actually asking because its my job to insure the safety of the public...and you might of heard the rumors as well."

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB