Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-04 01:38:25

Luna_T_Nox
Dark Pegasus Lord

Is this foreshadowing?

So is this foreshadowing something to see in the future of the show? I have a headcannon that this is the daughter of Cadance and Shining Armor.
rnVhs7i.jpg
Personally I don't think this is foreshadowing the future of the show. But what are your opinions on a baby alicorn being born?

Current Mood:
medium.png

#2 2013-09-04 09:36:34

Re: Is this foreshadowing?

While the show makes the toys, the toys don't make the show. Three seasons and we haven't seen Applejack's truck or Pinkie Pie's car. There hasn't been a masquerade. My prediction is that Skyla is a toy and will remain a toy, meant to appeal to the intended demographic. Baby, check. Princess, check.
Edit to include my opinion. Adding Cadance and Twilight to the alicorn club was bad enough. Don't want to see a babby princess.
Just so used to seeing ponies freak out about Skyla that I go on automatic reply mode.

Last edited by MysteriousMerchPony (2013-09-04 16:11:06)

#3 2013-09-04 14:56:23

Luna_T_Nox
Dark Pegasus Lord

Luna_Nox wrote:

Personally I don't think this is foreshadowing the future of the show. But what are your opinions on a baby alicorn being born?

Let me repost what I said at the end of my first one. I was more going on what is everyones opinion on a baby alicorn appearing in the show.

Last edited by Luna_T_Nox (2013-09-04 14:58:01)

Current Mood:
medium.png

#4 2013-09-04 20:40:03

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

People were predicting her in season 3 since that toy first showed up after season 2 - she probably won't exist in the show.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#5 2013-09-04 20:47:27

Rekibrony
Luna Fan Club Member

Personally, I agree that it probably wont. But, to answer the question at hand, I personally would have mixed feelings about a baby alicorn. I personally like to think that being an Alicorn is something you're born into. If you hold the books as canon, then Twilight wasn't the only one to become an alicorn. I'd like to think the same for Luna and Celestia as well. So, for me having a baby alicorn would just ruin that idea. But that's just my 2 cents.

#6 2013-09-05 00:33:16

thepine
...I'd like to be a tree.

Kinda like Hasbro telling writers to get rid of Derpy because it might offend someone. I can totally see Hasbro saying "This show is still for real little girls and they LOVE babies and baby dolls. So lets make a baby alicorn character in the show to sell more toys."

I dont put it too far past them...they are still a toy company first and animation second. Sadly has happened many times before look at Transformers and GI Joe. Just hope it does not get as bad as other companies and shows like He-man and the 80's TMNT, when ratings started to slip or toy sales fell off they introduced all kinds of characters to try to boost them.

But if she does end up in the show...keep calm and trust the writers, i hope.

*edit* The question about what happened with Derpy came up at Cincy ComicCon with the IDW comic writer's panel and apparently it's not Hasbro, but I-tunes. They made a preemptive complaint that moms were going to contact them and complain and then they never did.

Last edited by thepine (2013-09-23 00:03:14)

http://thepine.deviantart.com/
If Fluttershy falls in the woods does she make a sound?
153038_safe_rainbow_2_Bdash_applejack_photo_pony.png

#7 2013-11-06 21:03:45

I really just think it's a just a merch release to make us go ahhh an buy it up as fast as possible but I also heard that princess skyla isn't princess cadence's daughter but twilight's daughter but that was a really random rumour I stumbled onto a while back buried under 30 pages of google search Lol

#8 2013-11-06 21:15:13

Pokota

Wasn't that random animation error alicorn from Lesson Zero called Skyla?

sigimage.php?u=639661&t=212997&b=rainbowdash2

#9 2014-12-28 21:50:31

Isabelle merie fernandez

Princess skyla what's your baby's      name.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB