Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-21 23:20:30

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

[Trot] (Social) Trotton Rekindled (Open)

((OOC: Well since the new season here it seems like a good time to try to get the restart the RP threads which have kind of petered out to life. This thread will hopefully stay a social thread limited to light RP. At times things may split off - such as one of the events I have planned is a Jousting Tournament which will have a few rules, dice rolling, and stats which will be generated - more on that in it's actual thread which will start up when we get some things getting active again here. For basic background about the town see this post))

♪♫ AND NOW,
IT'S ALL OVER NOW
THE SPARKLE IS GONE,
SEE ME SHIMMER ON... ♫♪

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Trotton

Rain patter pattered outside of the Sleeping Hydra, a well stocked tavern on the edge of town as one of the bartenders a white pegasus named Misty May stared out bored. "Having fun watching the rain Blood eye?" one of the regulars a brown unicorn stallion named Bittersweet asked.
Misty frowned not much caring for the nickname based on reddish brown patch surrounding her right eye.
"Same as always. One would think having the Earl of Hoofington in town would bring some excitement."

Lighting flashed and then Misty noticed a cloaked figure standing outside... funny, she hadn't see that pony there moments before. The pony quickly levitated something out of from her bag and into her hood using turquoise colored magic. A unicorn, probably one who knew a teleporation spell, well that solved one mystery. The cloaked unicorn pony turned and opened the door entering the tavern.

"Excuse me," an unsteady voice asked from under the cloak, "But could you tell me where Trotton Maneor is?"

Trotton Maneor, A few hours later

A knock was heard at main door of stately Trotton Maneor. Glorious Dusk, a maid and housekeeper, opened the door for the cloaked figure.

"I have returned." The cloaked unicorn said.

The Sleeping Hydra, the next day

A blueish gray earth pony mail mare walked into the tavern and dropped off a stack of flyers onto the bar.

"What's this Bubblecup?", Misty asked turning about.

"The Earl is announcing a fair an jousting tournament since an ambassador from the crystal Empire is coming to town and his son has returned." Bubblecup replied.

"That little snot is back? Oh well at least having some visitors will be good for business."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#2 2013-11-24 13:04:56

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: [Trot] (Social) Trotton Rekindled (Open)

Blizzard awoke and stretched her wings. She had been riding the stagecoach yesterday and it had stopped for the night in the small town of Trotton.

The mare trotted into the bathroom and saw her ice blue face looking back at her, her deep blue mane suffering from a serious case of bed head.

“Oh...wow...” the pegasus said to herself as she began to brush her mane, a longer mane then she had ever been able to keep before. Brushing a mane before showering was rather useless, but it was something that Blizzard couldn't help but enjoy. It made her feel like her own mare, since the Cloudsdale schools and Wonderbolt Academy, not to mention her father, had always made her keep it short.

But she was on her own, exploring Equestria, going where she wanted to go for the first time ever. After finishing cleaning up the Blizzard headed downstairs to find some food, hopping up on a chair at the bar near the white pegasus behind it, who said something about somepony coming back to town.

“Can I get some wheatgrass juice and some plain oatmeal with.... you know what, no, I want the unhealthiest thing you can give me, with extra gravy! And can I get a chocolate milkshake?" She said with a huge grin on her face. "and who's coming back to town by the way?”

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#3 2013-11-24 20:38:56

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

“Can I get some wheatgrass juice and some plain oatmeal with.... you know what, no, I want the unhealthiest thing you can give me, with extra gravy! And can I get a chocolate milkshake?" Blizzard said with a huge grin on her face. "and who's coming back to town by the way?”

"Absolutely", Misty said with a smile, "One chocolate chili hay fries smothered in chocolate gravy with a chocolate milkshake coming up!"

Misty then reached below the counter with the wing and dropped a toothbrush and slip of paper on the counter. "Also a free toothbrush and sample of Minuette's Colgate Toothpaste!"

Misty stopped smiling and then continued, "Sorry, but a certain mare offered to provide the complementary toiletries for our rooms in exchange to giving these to ponies with sweet tooths... As for whose coming back it's blue blooded little pick of a unicorn colt who acts like a total snob to any of the 'little ponies' and doesn't particularly care for us pegasus ponies. He's technically the lord baron of this town and had thankfully buggered off for a bit leaving us alone. He apparently came back yesterday with a longer mane and he's prancing more like a fancy nancy in more of an elaborate getup - He's even wearing pants now!"

Misty went and got Blizzard's food and dropped it in front of her.

"Anyways enough about our troubles," Misty said returning to a cheerful tone, "what brings you to our small village?"

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#4 2013-11-24 21:31:00

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard listened to her order repeated back by the white pegasus behind the counter.

Wow, when you ask a small town pony for unhealthy you sure do get it The ice blue pegasus thought to herself as she listened to the barmare describe the unicorn she had mention, making sure to take the toothbrush  as she did so.

The white pegasus went and got Blizzard's food and dropped it in front of her.

"Anyways enough about our troubles," The barmare said returning to a cheerful tone, "what brings you to our small village?"

Blizzard paused for a moment as she stared at the food in front of her, the hay fries literally swimming in a sea of chocolate and chili, as much a soup as anything else. She took a sip of the mixture before speaking, it wasn't bad, but she could just feel the pure calories being ingested. It felt like freedom, especially after so many healthy meals at The Academy.

"Name's Blizzard, and I'm here because I can be." She began with a smile.

"I spent nearly my whole life in Cloudsdale, my grandfather Stormbreaker was a Wonderbolt, and my father would have been if he hadn't broke his wing at the academy. It never healed back up to 100 percent, so when he had a filly of his own he made sure to put his dream on them, his filly being me of course." She paused briefly for some more fries and some milkshake.

"Shake's really good by the way, anyways because of my dad I spent my fillyhood in the best flight schools money could buy, and when I was only average I got the best tutors money could buy to go with it. Managed to get accepted to the Wonderbolt Academy despite my best efforts, probably because I was a legacy. Lucky for me about that time a small trust fund my grandfather had made for me before he died matured, and the second it did I withdrew every bit, dropped out of the academy, and started traveling, don't really know where to, but I'll find out when I get there." Blizzard finished with another wide grin.

"So what's there to do around here Ms.... I don't think I caught your name?"

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2013-11-24 21:52:23)

Normal is boring.

#5 2013-11-27 00:28:56

TheBerchie

Dazzle walked through the woods on a road leading to Trotton. Dazzle is a sapphire blue unicorn wearing a hooded cloak, with the hood down, and also a saddle bag underneath.

Not long now, the unicorn thought, I would’ve gotten to Trotton the other day if it wasn’t for that storm last night.

A breeze came down the road making all of the nearby trees dance. Dazzle closed his forest green eyes waiting for the refreshing breeze to hit him. The wind came and pasted through his somewhat kept silver mane, motivating him to continue on his journey. The breeze also kicked up the cloak a little, revealing a silver flute at an angel on the unicorn’s flank and his silver tale that came about half way down his hind legs. As the breeze pasted, Dazzle opened his eyes and continued walking toward his destination.

Dazzle hasn’t been to Trotton yet and he was planning to go sometime, but after getting word that there was a jousting tournament, he couldn’t put it off any longer. He was actually lucky hearing about the tournament, he was in the right place at the right time. Now he can beat the rush and get a good room.

Dazzle rounded a corner and saw a building in the distance, it’s Trotton, he thought. The sapphire unicorn burst into a gallop for the final stretch. Thoughts of all the ponies he would meet, events that would take place, and the memories he would make only made him more excited. He slowed down when came up to the building, there was a sign that read The Sleeping Hydra. Dazzle walked up to the tavern door, opened it, and walked in.

Well, for better or for worst, I made it to Trotton….

(OOC: Hey guys! This is my first time role-playing, so hopefully I won't make too many noob mistakes. xD Anyways, let’s do this!)

I am not crazy!
My reality is just different than yours....

#6 2013-11-27 20:50:15

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"I spent nearly my whole life in Cloudsdale, my grandfather Stormbreaker was a Wonderbolt, and my father would have been if he hadn't broke his wing at the academy. It never healed back up to 100 percent, so when he had a filly of his own he made sure to put his dream on them, his filly being me of course." She paused briefly for some more fries and some milkshake.

"Shake's really good by the way, anyways because of my dad I spent my fillyhood in the best flight schools money could buy, and when I was only average I got the best tutors money could buy to go with it. Managed to get accepted to the Wonderbolt Academy despite my best efforts, probably because I was a legacy. Lucky for me about that time a small trust fund my grandfather had made for me before he died matured, and the second it did I withdrew every bit, dropped out of the academy, and started traveling, don't really know where to, but I'll find out when I get there." Blizzard finished with another wide grin.

"So what's there to do around here Ms.... I don't think I caught your name?"

"Misty May," Misty replied, "And not a lot unless you're rather very interested in old Pegasus History or one of those weirdos who want to see the Gates of Tartarus which are over to the east. That big castley fortress which is currently home to that little unicorn prick was originally built by Commander Trotsiphone as a fortress to protect Equestrian Settlers in the area until the gates of Tartarus were well shut. It has a nice library but again you'll have to deal with the little unicorn bastard. There is the Hippocrene spring if you're of a literary bent or interested in the legends that the first Pegasus created it which is probably a bunch of hogwash cooked up by those folks with a literary bent.

Oh, and there is going to be a festival and joust here starting soon. I think some ponies have already started putting up stuff in the green. Other than that stuff a few sleep shops and not much else. And personally, if I was in your place I would have stayed at the Academy - being a famous Wonderbolt would be much better than say being a bartender in a sleepy small town."

Suddenly, the door opened and a sapphire blue unicorn wearing a hooded cloak walked in.

'What is it with these unicorns wearing cloaks all of a sudden?' Misty thought before waving at the new guest, smiling, and offering a cheery "Welcome! You here for the festival?"

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#7 2013-11-28 00:14:07

TheBerchie

Dazzle walked through the door of the tavern and took a look around. He saw fire place in one of the walls with a few chairs around it. There were also a few tables around the tavern as well. The unicorn took in a breath to smell the air.

The smell of home, he thought. Wait, what is that smell, is it food? Well whatever it is, I think I gained a few hundred calories just by smelling it.

At that moment, Dazzle heard somepony say "Welcome! You here for the festival?" He looked at the source of the voice and saw a white pegasus smiling at him and a icy blue pegasus turning around to look at him too.

(OOC: Lilac, if you don’t want Blizzard to turn around and just continue eating her heart attack on a plate, just let me know and I’ll change it.)

Dazzle returned the smile with one of his own, “Wow, is it really that obvious?” he said in a charismatic voice. He started to walk towards the bar and continued to speak, “But to answer your question, yes I am. I was actually hoping to stay here for the festival, and maybe even perform in it. However, we’ll talk about that in a moment.” Dazzle reached the bar and sat in a chair next to the icy blue pegasus, and found the source of the smell from earlier as well as the mare who was eating it. That is one brave pony. he thought. He looked up at the menu; apparently the meal that the mare next to him ordered was called ‘The Life Shortener.’ He looked down the list a bit more and found what he wanted. He took out the correct amount of bits and placed them on the bar table.

“I’ll have one Hot Chocolate Supreme please. By the way, I’m Dazzle, what are your two names?” He said looking between the two mares.

I am not crazy!

#8 2013-11-28 15:43:31

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard listened to the suggestions that Misty May had given, she vaugly recalled hearing about general touchtonephone in one of her history classes, but it was the jousting that interested her. It was something new to try and a few extra bits never hurt anypony.

Just then the ice blue Pegasus heard the door open and a sapphire blue unicorn stallion enter The Sleeping Hydra. Blizzard listened as the newcomer, who introduced themselves as Dazzle, place his order and talk about performing at the festival.

"My name Blizzard", the ice blue mare said, taking a break from the meal she would never finish.

"I'll be jousting at the festival, assuming I can find a sign up sheet. So what's your story newcomer? I'm a Mare who left the pressure of becoming a Wonderbolt to find my place, and Misty here is a bartender." She said as she featured to the white Pegasus behind the counter.

Normal is boring.

#9 2013-11-28 17:32:42

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

“I’ll have one Hot Chocolate Supreme please. By the way, I’m Dazzle, what are your two names?” He said looking between the two mares.

"My name Blizzard", the ice blue mare said, taking a break from the meal she would never finish.

"I'll be jousting at the festival, assuming I can find a sign up sheet. So what's your story newcomer? I'm a Mare who left the pressure of becoming a Wonderbolt to find my place, and Misty here is a bartender." She said as she featured to the white Pegasus behind the counter.

As Blizzard talked Misty turned to relay the order of the Hot Chocolate Supreme and saw one sitting on the counter behind her. 'Hrm. Maybe olde lefty actually heard it and made it while I zoned out or something'.

"Here's your order sir!", Misty said, "And as she said I'm Misty May, your humble bartender."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#10 2013-11-28 21:04:14

TheBerchie

"Here's your order sir!", she said, "And as she said I'm Misty May, your humble bartender."

Dazzle took the drink with his magic and brought it up to take a drink. This is great! he thought. Satisfied with the drink, he put it down on the bar table and said,

“Well first off, compliments to the chef, this hot chocolate is great! Anyways, my story is that I’m a travelling musician, to be more specific I play the flute. I go around to towns and cities and play at anything from on the streets to performances. Then, once I earn enough bits, I move on to the next town or city and do it again. During the time I making those bits I also make friends, have fun, and make memories, I guess that’s the reason why I haven’t been to Las Pegasus yet.” He stopped to take another drink, before continuing. “Travelling has also made me a better musician as well; learning new songs, techniques, and a couple of spells.”

I am not crazy!

#11 2013-11-28 21:52:04

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard listened attentively as Dazzle told his tale.

A traveling musician, he could be interesting Blizzard thought as she listened. Her stomach gurgling in protest at the sugary fatty food that had been her breakfast.

"Well I'm new here too, and about to go figure out were to sign up for this jousting thing, maybe we can find you a crowd."

Blizzard hopped off her chair and onto the floor,

"So which way was it to town square Misty?"

Normal is boring.

#12 2013-11-30 00:50:37

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"So which way was it to town square Misty?"

"You just take the main road through town," Misty replied, "just head towards the statue of Commander Trotsiphone and cross the bridge. You shouldn't be able to miss the large colorful tents and wagons."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#13 2013-11-30 18:28:26

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"Thanks Misty, put the breakfast on my tab, you gonna join me Dazzle, or you gonna stay here a while longer?"

Normal is boring.

#14 2013-12-01 09:59:54

TheBerchie

"Thanks Misty, put the breakfast on my tab, you gonna join me Dazzle, or you gonna stay here a while longer?"

The unicorn finished off the last of his hot chocolate and said, “Might as well go with you Blizzard, I need to find that signup sheet as well. Not to mention that I also want to see the town and that festival.” Dazzle got up from his chair, “Hey Misty, I’ll be back later to rent that room.” He then opened up the tavern door with his magic and said in a playful tone, “Well Blizzard, ladies first….”

I am not crazy!

#15 2013-12-01 12:11:53

Fire Blossom

Taking a seat at the bar, as she marveled at all the smell that wondered about around the eatery, a peculiar pony raised a hoof for an order.

One her way into this establishment, she heard the whisper's, " Why is she wearing her Nightmare night costume still?" and " Wow those look so real!" None of those statements really bothered her, as the two big horns on her head, and the long smooth tail with it's gold spines and strips was just who she was. Granted it could get annoying to a point when a young filly or colt tried and poke them.

Her mind wandering back to trying to get some food, She raised her voice, "May I take an order p-please?

[OOC: just for those who wonder what the heck she fully looks like]
fire_blossom_chibi_poni_by_lewa008-d6v76m4.jpg

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2013-12-01 12:18:58)

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#16 2013-12-01 13:09:44

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"Thanks" Blizzard said with a small grin as she walked out the door opened for her, a black pony in a costume of some sort passing past her as she did.

The directions Misty gave were hardly needed once the ice blue pegasus stepped outside, most everypony was headed in the same direction. As they trotted along Blizzard got her first chance to see Trotton in the daylight. It was a small town, many of the building looked old as if not older then her grandfather had been, but at the same time they all looked well cared for. She also noticed that most of the stores were closed, their closed signed mentioning that it was because of the festival.

Hopefully I don't need to buy much while I'm here The pegasus thought with a chuckle.

Rounding a corner the town square came into view. Tents and booths were being erected all around the statue of a pegasus soldier. Tapping her companion the ice blue pegasus pointed at the statue.

"That's General Touchtonephone, he helped defend the Gate of Tartar. Misty told me about him, she quite smart for a barmare."

A gentle breeze wafted through the square, the sound of soft rolling canvas adding to the sounds of setup. Looking up Blizzard saw only a few clouds in the sky, looked like it was going to be a clear day. Scanning the booths she found one of the already set up booths whose banner depicted crossed lances. Trotting over Blizzard found a brown earth stallion sitting with a sign up sheet.

"This the sign up for jousting?" Blizzard asked

"Indeed it is, entry fee is 5 bits, and come back an hour before the event for armor fitting."

"This could be fun." Blizzard said as she signed her name and gave the stallion the bits and turned to Dazzle.

"Well I got what I wanted done, ready to find someponies to play for?"

Normal is boring.

#17 2013-12-01 18:31:22

TheBerchie

This town is amazing! Dazzle thought as he waited for Blizzard to sign up. For the unicorn it was like stepping through a time portal into the past! Best of all, it was all kept in order; there was no brick out of place and no rotted wood either. Though it was a bit sad that all the buildings were closed and he couldn’t go inside. However, the sapphire stallion perked back up once he and his companion got to all of the tents around that statue. Everypony was in the spirit of the festival, heck even that black pony back at the tavern was in custom. Dressing up as a… a pony… dragon… thing, well at least it was original.

"Well I got what I wanted done, ready to find someponies to play for?"

“Sure.” Dazzle said, and started to find a good place to play his flute with Blizzard following. “By the way, I haven’t told you this, but there is a spell that I’ve learn from Manehattan. I have been practicing it but the spell is difficult to perform, well at least for me it is. You know on how a song is supposed to make the audience feel a certain way, like joy, bliss, or something else?” She gave a nod. “Well this spell is suppose to make that feeling stronger, like if a song is suppose to make a pony feel relaxed, that pony would feel even more relaxed with this spell. The reason why it’s so difficult for me is that I have to play the song and constantly cast the spell. Though, funny thing about this spell is that I can choose ponies that can be excluded from the affects of the spell. Which I have no idea why somepony would want to do that, I mean it's easier not to exclude ponies. So I’m going to try and cast that spell while I play today. Oh here’s a good spot.”

It was a good size area in front of the statue on what seemed to be the main road. I pulled off my cloak and saddle bags and placed them at the foot of the statue. Then I took out my flute and a good size bag that I normally use for street performances. I placed the bag out in front of me and took a few steps back from it. Finally, I brought up my flute, casted the spell, and started playing a happy/joyous song.

(OOC: 5/6 + 1 = 6/6, +1: it’s my special talent, +1: I’ve practiced and played this song before, -1: I’m casting a spell while playing. If I’ve done something wrong or someone doesn’t agree with my bonuses, just tell me and I’ll change them)

Last edited by TheBerchie (2013-12-01 18:59:17)

I am not crazy!

#18 2013-12-01 21:08:47

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Misty heard another pony call out "May I take an order p-please?"

And turned to see a rather weird looking pony with two horns. Well, the town had been strange lately with the occasional tales of ghosts, stuff randomly appearing, and ponies being in multiple places at once along with some rather weird visitors - one more odd visitor wasn't anything that special even if she looked like some sort of dragon. Though she should probably warn Sunny Daze as the white earth pony mare had a massive fear of dragons since that one time her mane and tail were ablaze with dragon fire when she was watching a dragon migration.

"Ummm... Yes...", Misty replied, "I mean Welcome! I'm Misty! What will ya have?"

-----

Meanwhile a large crowd surrounded Dazzle and were wowed by the music singing and dancing along with the melody.

OOC: It's fine the rules for rolling are rather very loose and meant mostly to give a little restraint so things are not always 100% perfect with spells and such so it doesn't get dull or characters become unrealistically over powered.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#19 2013-12-01 22:23:25

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard had to say Dazzle was playing well, kid of really well. She was unable to keep her hooves still as she listened, and apparently no pony else could either as a crowd formed and began dancing along to the music. With a sharp flap the ice blue pegasus took to the air and began twirling through the air, as did several other pegasi.

(Roll to see if no collision = 5+1 for flight school training)

Blizzard could feel her flight school training kicking in as she dipped and dodge around other flyers while keeping with the beat, even adding in a few barrel rolls.

Guess my flight school training was worth something after all

As the song came to an end Blizzard join the crowd in a round of hoof stomping and cheers, added a few of her bits to the ones being thrown into Dazzle's bag before landing next to him.

"You weren't kidding, you sure can play!"  The mare said as she slapped him on the shoulder.

"Think you got another one in there for us?" She asked, she could tell that many ponies in the crowd were thinking the same thing.

Normal is boring.

#20 2013-12-02 00:19:09

Night's Honor
Itinerant Mystic

((OOC: This is also my first time RPing on a message board. I play a lot of tabletop, and have both played and hosted chatroom games in the past, but this seems to be a whole different beast.))

Flying over the Everfree Forest was nerve-wracking work, but Lance had a job to do. There weren't many who could cross the whole thing without landing. His maneuverability wasn't great, but he made up for it with speed, stamina and an excellent dive.  Why else would they send him and not some other messenger to Trotton if it weren't for necessary speed? He had come from Cloudsdale to Canterlot with delusions of joining the royal guard as a brave knight. The palace had hired him, but the competition even after being accepted was fiercer than he had anticipated, and the other pegasi could be cruel. They had quickly spotted his talents and used him to send messages long-distance, but he got the feeling that there wasn't anyone in the palace who wanted him around anyway. They hadn't even let him don a helmet yet. Oh, well. It was good to feel useful. At least Canterlot had that over Cloudsdale.

Something had been irking him these past few hours. The long flights gave him time to think, but all he could think about was how strange his orders had been. Not only was there no message to carry, and nopony to go to, but they had even been on the wrong stationery, and written in the wrong hoof, and there was a lot more paper than message, and who even had blue vellum? But they had been delivered by the proper channels, and what, were they going to stage a coup while he was gone? The writing was too fine. It certainly wasn't his commander and probably wasn't even a pegasus. It had to be a unicorn, but he didn't think that any unicorns even he was there. They were all busy throwing fancy parties and being beautiful and whatever else they got up to. He wished that they would let him stand guard for those parties, but they didn't even let him guard that birthday party that some fillies from Ponyville threw. How did they even get that?

The forest was thinning out, and that iron spire was getting close. He started to smell fires from town. He began to slow as he got closer, both to get a better look at the town and to cool down from that long flight. As the spire passed him on the left, he spotted a stature. Was that Trotsiphone the Brave, holding the gates of Tartarus closed with her steely stare? Neat! He was thirsty and hungry, and with no-place else to go, he spotted the most inn-like building he could see. A strange pony with the longest and unhairiest tail he had ever seen was entering the place. Letting some tension out from his trip, he entered a power dive, building tremendous speed before flaring his wings at the last second and letting the energy out as a massive wingblast, flapping cloaks, blowing the door open, and knocking the shingle loose. He stepped in sheepishly. He probably should have done that outside of town.

He found himself a table as far from the barmare's lethal stare as he could, shielding himself with a menu for good measure. He edged the menu forward slightly to get a better look at that strange pony he saw entering the place. Everyone always told him not to stare, but he just couldn't help it this time. That tail was real, which meant that those horns probably were, too. What was she? He hoped that she didn't mind him staring like this this. She didn't seem to have noticed yet...

#21 2013-12-02 16:45:06

TheBerchie

"You weren't kidding, you sure can play!"  Blizzard said as she slapped Dazzle on the shoulder.

Dazzle could say that he was overjoyed by how the spell went off and how he did it without making a mistake. And he could tell that everypony loved the performance too. Not to mention he got plenty of bits in his bag. The next thing Blizzard said made Dazzle’s heart stop, and not in a good way.

"Think you got another one in there for us?" She asked, and of course since she said that, everypony wanted another performance as good as that one. Oh buck me. Dazzle thought, the unicorn was magically drained because of the last performance. Dazzle wasn’t good with spells that were more difficult than simple, even if it had something to do with his special talent. He could do the levitate spell and the spell that allows him to play his flute just fine. In fact, he was great with those spells because those were the only few he could cast without becoming magically drained.

Darn it! Why didn’t you wait and use that spell for your last song! You know, ‘save the best for last?’ Performance 101. The unicorn thought, then he remembered a lesson from one of his old teachers, Vio. 'Remember, always save the best for last.' …that doesn’t help! '…also picking the right song for the audience will always help a performance.' That’s it! The right song! My audience just physically exerted themselves by dancing, flying, and in general having fun. Whether it was large or small, I can still work with that! As long as I play a relaxing song, it won’t matter if it’s as good as the first, because it’s the right song to play after physically exerting yourself!

“Okay, I’ll play another.” The stallion said, and of course cheers went out throughout the crowd. “However this will be my last song.” Most of the crowd was okay with that, but there were a few ‘aww’s. “I’ll be back later, so don’t get your mane in a twist.” Dazzle jokingly said, he then brought up his flute and started to play a relaxing song without casting a spell.

(OOC: rolling for the song: 4/6 + 1 = 5/6, +2 special talent and played song before, -1 magically drained)

I am not crazy!

#22 2013-12-02 19:09:50

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard took to the air again as Dazzle brought the flute to his mouth, and as the unicorn began to play Blizzard faltered slightly, she had been geared up for another fast tempo song, but the musician had chosen a much slower pace then before. She hovered on the air and listened for a moment, almost not noticing the tap on her shoulder, she turned her head to see a stallion, his coat the color of bricks, a type of reddish brown.

The stallion dipped his head and held out a hoof. Blizzard had to say he wasn't a bad looking pony, and with a mental shrug of "eh, why not" she took his hoof and joined him in a Arial  waltz circling and twirling above the ground. It was nothing fancy, but it fit the song well.

As Dazzle played the last notes of the song cheers once again filled the air before the crowd began to disperse, back to whatever they had been doing before. Blizzard turned to her dancing partner, who gave a simple nod, and with a smile he fluttered off and around a corner. She thought briefly about following him out of curiosity, but decided instead to land back next to Dazzle.

"That was awesome Dazzle! I haven't heard music that good in years. I'm kind of thirsty after all that flying, I say we find something to drink, maybe see what this festival has to offer. What ya think Dazzle?"

Normal is boring.

#23 2013-12-02 22:50:06

TheBerchie

“Sure, give me a sec.” The sapphire unicorn levitated both his flute and the bag full of bits to his saddle bags and put them inside. Then rolled up his cloak and also put it inside as well. Finally, he put on his saddle bags and said, “Okay ready, let’s find a place to get something to eat and drink.” After getting a nod from Blizzard, the two started to walk through the festival.

The festival was in full swing. All of the tents were up and had some pony inside doing something, whether it was selling an item or giving a show. The mare and stallion saw two colts with fake lances and armor having a little competition of their own, only to be bested by a filly also wearing fake armor and having a fake lance. There was a family of a mother, father, and a young colt with a balloon, all having fun. In addition, some ponies that looked like they were going to be part of the tournament were walking around too. Most of them looked to be casual jousters. However, there were a few well known jousters walking around. The beautiful Elegant Swift, not wearing her helmet allowing her silky mane to flow down and had her wings on display without a feather out of place. Sir Diamond Hoof, a unicorn that you only need to look at point five of a second to know he’s rich. Finally, there was the big Earth pony nicknamed Juggernaut.

Apparently, Dazzle wasn’t the only street performer. There was a magician, a pyro pony, singers, dancers, a juggler, and a juggler team. It would be pretty difficult to miss the latter, because the team of six jugglers got on different sides of the street, three on each side, and start to juggle rubber balls. This forced the traffic of ponies walking on the dirt road to go under the two and a half dozen rubber balls in the air being pasted by the jugglers.

Finally, Blizzard and Dazzle got to a booth that sold food and drinks. Blizzard placed her order for her drink and Dazzle ordered a corn on a cob that was put into a pot of melted butter. As Blizzard was reaching for her bits, Dazzle stopped her and said, “Hey, it’s on me.” He then put the correct amount of bits on the table for the pony behind the counter for both of their orders.

(OOC: Okay Lilac, your turn… big_smile)

I am not crazy!

#24 2013-12-03 02:19:01

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

(OOC: Good post Berchie, let's see if I can follow up well)

Blizzard walked with Dazzle through the festival, which was quickly becoming busier and busier, that pony that had called for the festival must have invited ponies from out of town, though that makes sense, otherwise how would Dazzle have known about it. 

A few ponies caught her eye, a few colts and filly play jousting made her giggle, but then she saw a few ponies decked in their own engraved and decorated armor. Blizzard didn't recognize a single one, but they all looked liked they met business.

Oh Celestia please have let me have sign up for the amateur  tournament, oh please let there be an amateur tournament.

The ice blue pegasus's mind was suddenly too occupied to pay attention to much, as mentally she searched through every file in her brain for every scrap of information about jousting it had.

1: Has long history, dates back to founding of Equestria.

2: Was an extracurricular at Cloudsdale Academy (That I didn't do)

3: Once got in a drunken fight using a broom (That counts right?)

4:.................. oh ponyfeathers..........

She snapped back to reality in front of a booth Dazzle must have steered them to, and the pony operating it was looking at her expecting an order. But Blizzard couldn't even tell you what they served. Looking around the booth she saw a barrel with a picture of an apple on it.

“I'll take a large one of those.” The mare said as she pointed at the barrel, and then began digging for bits when she felt Dazzle place his hoof on her foreleg.

“Hey, it’s on me.”  he said as her pulled the money from his saddlebag.

“Thanks, let's go sit at that table over there...” Blizzard called as she headed over with her cider, sitting down and taking a few drinks, her stomach feeling a little queasy after chocolate chili fries and the revelation that she may be way out of her league in the competition.  It didn't really matter that much to  her if she won, but at the same time she didn't want to be utterly humiliated in front of this many ponies. She looked over at Dazzle enjoying his corn on the cob.

“Hey, can I make a confession....” She took a deep breath and began to talk faster, “IknowabsolutelynothingaboutjoustingandIcouldenduphumilatedinfrontoftheentirefestival!” taking a deep breath she regathered herself.

“Sorry about that, but yeah...that....but I remember Misty mentioning that some old manor in town had a big Library, maybe there is a book I can read on jousting quick, maybe learn how to do this in the next..... 5 hours.....oh cloudcakes.”

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2013-12-03 13:32:57)

Normal is boring.

#25 2013-12-03 17:37:45

TheBerchie

Dazzle smiled at the nervous pegasus and said, “I’ll be glad to help you with your little predicament.” The stallion finished off his snack and threw the cob away in the trash, “Let’s go and find that library!” After getting directions, the two ponies were off to the library.

As they walked through the roads that would get them to their destination, Dazzle notice that Blizzard was still a little uneasy. “While we walk to the library, how about I tell you some of the basics and stuff to help you get started.” One look at the mare was all Dazzle needed to get the go ahead. “Lucky for you I have a friend in Trottingham that was a jouster, and I watched a few of his matches. Well first off, two ponies get on the opposite sides of a barricade, most of the time you get on your left side of the barricade so your right wing is going to be the closest to it. Then the two ponies run at each other and try to score points for the round. There are three rounds, but if there is a tie, then there will be additional rounds until the tie is broken. Jousters need to be wearing armor, no exceptions. Do not worry about your lance, that will be provided to you at the beginning at each round. You will wear your lance on the side closest to the barricade. The judge will stand off to the side, and once both ponies are ready he will start the round. Also, the lances that will be provided to you and everypony else are going to be wood with a blunt end. Now before you say ‘that could kill a pony,’ these lances are made so that if it does break, then it breaks in a way that doesn’t harm the pony who just got hit. I don’t know how it works, but I’ve seen many matches and not one did a pony get hurt, well besides for some bruises. And even if you got injured, there is always a medical team on standby with a unicorn that knows the teleportation spell to get you to the hospital within seconds of the injury.

“Now there are three ways to score. The first is to hit the opponent with the blunt end of the lance, however it’s only the blunt end, no sides of the lance; this is one point. The next is to hit the opponent hard enough to break your lance into one piece of debris, this is two points. Lastly, hitting your opponent hard enough to break your lance into more than one debris, this is three points. Be aware that you can jump, but if one of your hooves goes above the barricade, then the judge will take off a point. Also, both ponies can get points in the same round. Before I forget, all three races of ponies have advantages in jousting. Earth ponies almost always break or shatter their lance when they hit their opponent. Unicorns use their magic to pivot their lances for greater accuracy and skilled unicorns can deflect their opponent’s lance and still get a hit, however a unicorn is not allowed to use their magic to affect their opponent in any way. Pegasi use their agility to dodge their opponent’s lance, and their wings to keep themselves balanced, and bursts of speed to break their lances. Also, if a pegasi sacrifices agility, they can use their wing to pivot their lances for accuracy.

“And here we are, the library. Let’s go see if I missed anything.” Dazzle said to Blizzard, as both of them stood just outside of the library’s main doors.

Last edited by TheBerchie (2013-12-03 17:38:49)

I am not crazy!

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB