Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#26 2013-12-04 00:34:15

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: [Trot] (Social) Trotton Rekindled (Open)

Blizzard listened to Dazzle as they walked, eventually finding themselves at the doors to a grand old manor, a building that had been built generations ago and would stand for generations more.  she knocked on the door and then asked her companion a question that was nagging on her mind.

"Hey Dazzle, why does a musician know so much about jousting?"

(OOC: The Manor belongs to the family of Arcane Flame, Arcane Flame's OC of the same name, so gonna let him control the servant and Arcane and everypony inside unless Arcane says otherwise)

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2013-12-04 03:40:03)

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#27 2013-12-04 15:25:32

TheBerchie

Dazzle started to walk towards the front doors of the building, when he heard Blizzard say, "Hey Dazzle, why does a musician know so much about jousting?"

The unicorn stopped, and tried to find the right words. He let out a breath that he didn’t know he was holding and looked at the mare beside him. “I guess that’s a fair question to ask.” He paused for a moment, and then said, “Back when I was just a colt, before I got my Cutie Mark, my parents took me to a jousting tournament. I loved watching that tournament, and I truly enjoyed watching those jousters. So much so, that I wanted to be a jouster, to wear that armor, to hear the crowd cheer my name as I would walk out into the arena. Of course back then I didn’t know playing the flute was my special talent. Instead, I truly believed that jousting was my special talent. However, I was a year too young to enter the junior jousting tournament, you know with the rubber lances.” Dazzle gave out a chuckle, then his smile vanished, “I spent that entire year learning as much as I could about jousting, heck I even became a squire to a jouster to learn things that I couldn’t in books. Then, after that year, I joined the junior jousting tournament.” The unicorn looked away from Blizzard as he continued speaking, “That’s when reality hit me like a bucket of ice water. I lost that tournament, came in last place, and I also came in last place in the next tournament too.” Dazzle let out a sigh, “I guess all that information I got when I was a colt, stuck with me all of these years. And I guess that’s the main reason why I want to help you too.”

I am not crazy!
My reality is just different than yours....

#28 2013-12-04 17:16:37

Fire Blossom

Arcane Flame wrote:

Misty heard another pony call out "May I take an order p-please?"

And turned to see a rather weird looking pony with two horns. Well, the town had been strange lately with the occasional tales of ghosts, stuff randomly appearing, and ponies being in multiple places at once along with some rather weird visitors - one more odd visitor wasn't anything that special even if she looked like some sort of dragon. Though she should probably warn Sunny Daze as the white earth pony mare had a massive fear of dragons since that one time her mane and tail were ablaze with dragon fire when she was watching a dragon migration.

"Ummm... Yes...", Misty replied, "I mean Welcome! I'm Misty! What will ya have?"

Oh um, I'd like a w-wildflower salad. "Looks around the crowded area, a bit nervous with the large amount of ponies" Also m-may you tell me whats happening?

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#29 2013-12-04 23:06:27

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

OOC: Sorry, have been putting in long hours at work for this week and nearly going crazy from the stress. Though I should be more available the next few days since I think I've burned though most of my allotted hours for the week.

==========================================
The Sleeping Hydra
"Oh um, I'd like a w-wildflower salad." Looks around the crowded area, a bit nervous with the large amount of ponies" Also m-may you tell me whats happening?

"Sure," Misty said, "and it's a festival with a jousting competition as a centerpiece... You're not here as a performer?"

Misty then saw a pegasus violently blow open the doors and then try to hide in the back out of embarrassment as her eyes shot daggers in her general direction.

"May I help you with something?" Misty called out in the new Pegasus' general direction.

Trotton Maneor

Glorious Dusk an grey pegasus mare heard a knock on the door and walked over to open it.

"Hello?", she said as she opened the door to find a unicorn and pegasus standing outside it.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#30 2013-12-05 00:11:39

Fire Blossom

Arcane Flame wrote:

"Sure," Misty said, "and it's a festival with a jousting competition as a centerpiece... You're not here as a performer?"

Misty then saw a pegasus violently blow open the doors and then try to hide in the back out of embarrassment as her eyes shot daggers in her general direction.

"May I help you with something?" Misty called out in the new Pegasus' general direction.

"Responds nervously at the question, as her cheeks turn pink" No. I came to town for the extensive l-library I heard was here. "Turns to follow the Bar-mare's call out, eyeing the pegasus" I was wondering if it m-might have some books on dragons.

"Changing the subject, Blossom looked back at the mare" Why do you ask if i'm a performer? I-Is it because of how I look?

thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#31 2013-12-05 03:46:44

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard stood listening to Dazzle, her mouth hanging agap as she processed the tale of fallen dreams that was being laid out before her by her companion.

When he finished Blizzard was left at a lose for words, but the door chose that moment to open and change the subject.

"Hello" said the grey pegasus mare on the other side.

"Oh.... Hi there, I heard you had a library here, and I needed to read up on jousting before the tournament this evening, since I am participating and know only what I was just told by my friend here."

"And by the way, does anypony live here or is it some kind of museum?"

Normal is boring.

#32 2013-12-05 15:24:04

Night's Honor
Itinerant Mystic

((OOC: I know that feel, bro. I've been working 49 hours a week over at Sears))

Arcane Flame wrote:

Lance's large yellow eyes poked up over the menu when he realized that he was being addressed, then darted back down as he dug through his saddlebags, finally pulling out a roll of paper.

He set the menu down and rasped something unintelligible, took a few seconds and worked up some spit before trying again. "This should cover it... and if, uh, if I did any damage to your building. I don't think I did, though." He smoothed out his mane, a somewhat lighter gray than his dark gray coat. "Oh, I haven't ordered yet. Oatmeal, please? Oh, I'm being rude." He steeled himself and walked up to the bar.

"Airpony Basic Lance of the Canterlot Air Corps, message division." He unrolled the paper onto the bar. "This letter of credit should cover a room and basic meals for the duration of my stay." He blinked a couple of times. "I'd like a bucket of water, please. And bowl of oatmeal. A large one, please. Fruit, if you have any. Whatever's good around here."

He blinked again, then made his way back to his table, choosing to stare at that big bowl of fries and gravy on the counter like he was doing tesseromancy with it rather than risk meeting anyone else's eyes for the moment.

#33 2013-12-05 16:41:36

Fire Blossom

Night's Honor wrote:

He blinked again, then made his way back to his table, choosing to stare at that big bowl of fries and gravy on the counter like he was doing tesseromancy with it rather than risk meeting anyone else's eyes for the moment.

"Stares at the Pegasi a bit, as she waits for her own order"

#34 2013-12-05 17:26:59

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

=======================
Trotton Maneor
=======================

"Oh.... Hi there, I heard you had a library here, and I needed to read up on jousting before the tournament this evening, since I am participating and know only what I was just told by my friend here."

"And by the way, does anypony live here or is it some kind of museum?"

"Yes," Dusk said, "his lordship the Earl Hoofington is currently here along with a couple of ambassadors and his children currently live here. If you wish to follow me, quietly, I'll guide you to the library."

=======================
The Sleeping Hydra
=======================

"Responds nervously at the question, as her cheeks turn pink" No. I came to town for the extensive l-library I heard was here. "Turns to follow the Bar-mare's call out, eyeing the pegasus" I was wondering if it m-might have some books on dragons.

"Changing the subject, Blossom looked back at the mare" Why do you ask if i'm a performer? I-Is it because of how I look?

"Yes, the libarary might have some texts but I don't really go there my self and you're not a performer?" Misty replied

Lance's large yellow eyes poked up over the menu when he realized that he was being addressed, then darted back down as he dug through his saddlebags, finally pulling out a roll of paper.

He set the menu down and rasped something unintelligible, took a few seconds and worked up some spit before trying again. "This should cover it... and if, uh, if I did any damage to your building. I don't think I did, though." He smoothed out his mane, a somewhat lighter gray than his dark gray coat. "Oh, I haven't ordered yet. Oatmeal, please? Oh, I'm being rude." He steeled himself and walked up to the bar.

"Airpony Basic Lance of the Canterlot Air Corps, message division." He unrolled the paper onto the bar. "This letter of credit should cover a room and basic meals for the duration of my stay." He blinked a couple of times. "I'd like a bucket of water, please. And bowl of oatmeal. A large one, please. Fruit, if you have any. Whatever's good around here."

Misty sighed. It was going to be another one of those days. Misty walked off and returned a few minutes later with the two ponies orders. Dropping a bucket of water, oatmeal, and a key in front of Lance adding 'It's the last door on the left try not to do any more damage.'

Misty then deposited a wildflower salad in front of the dragon pony...

"So you were saying?" Misty asked.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#35 2013-12-05 21:50:28

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard followed the grey mare quietly, there were tapetries along the walls as she walked, depicting various scenes armored ponies fighting with creatures te likes of which Blizzard had ever seen.

When they got to the library the smell of musky old books was nearly overpowering, as shelf upon shelf was laid out before her eyes.

"Wow that's a lot of books, any guest where I could find one on jousting?"

Normal is boring.

#36 2013-12-05 23:02:42

TheBerchie

"Wow that's a lot of books, any guest where I could find one on jousting?" Blizzard said.

At first, Dazzle thought that she was just joking, but then he realized that she wasn’t. The unicorn started chucking to mostly himself before turning to the mare with smirk and said, “Instead of spending Celestia knows how long looking for a book on jousting, how about we just head over to the ‘J’ section of the library. You know, because we are racing against the clock here.”

The look Blizzard gave Dazzle, forced the stallion to throw his hoof up to cover his month so he could muffle his laughter. He did this so he would still be following the ‘Be quiet’ rule.

Hopefully, Blizzard realizes that I’m just having a little fun with her.

(OOC: The reason why I have crossed out those two lines at the end is because I thought Blizzard was going to do something else that what she actually did. And since I'm wrong now it's confusing. I also didn't want to just remove it too. Anyways, if you guys think I should remove it or put it back to the way it was, just tell me. Also the reason why I thought the library was just in alphabetical order was, well Pinkie Pie can explain it better. I guess I forgot libraries could be different.)

Last edited by TheBerchie (2013-12-06 11:18:37)

I am not crazy!

#37 2013-12-05 23:43:47

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"Well I know I haven't been on the surface for too long, but I know in Cloudsdale the books were arranged by category, and then in alphabetical order." Blizzard said to Dazzle with a hint of questioning in her voice, maybe libraries were different on the surface, she only been in the ones at her schools.

The ice blue pegasus turned to the Grey mare,

"AS Dazzle did say there is a bit of a deadline, so books on jousting, where could we find some?"

Normal is boring.

#38 2013-12-06 20:28:45

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"AS Dazzle did say there is a bit of a deadline, so books on jousting, where could we find some?"

"Oh they're over here" said a yellow unicorn with a mane a rainbow of dark green to chartreuse done up in an elaborate fashion and wearing a gorgeous blue cloak with an embalm of the Crystal Empire as the clasp who appeared from from behind a set of shelves. "The Imperial Guide to jousting should be near the top of the shelf, about five to ten flaps depending on how good you are." She continued with a smile and pointed with her hoof to a set of shelves behind her.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#39 2013-12-06 22:02:20

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard turned to face the newcomer, a yellow unicorn with her hair in various shades of green done up, and a crystal clasp on a blue cloak.

The ice blue pegasus moved to where she was pointing and began flapping, kicking up just enough dust to make her cough a little.

"So *cough* who are you? I love your hair by the way, I'm working on growing my mane out myself *achoo!*.... Excuse me, must be the dust, my name's Blizzard, and I'm jousting in the tournament this afternoon." She said as she scanned the titles in front of her.

Normal is boring.

#40 2013-12-07 23:43:03

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"So *cough* who are you? I love your hair by the way, I'm working on growing my mane out myself *achoo!*.... Excuse me, must be the dust, my name's Blizzard, and I'm jousting in the tournament this afternoon." She said as she scanned the titles in front of her.

"Oh, I'm Disguise. My mother's Masquerade an ambassador from the Crystal Empire and I've never been fond of these ceremonial hairstyle they're just too complicated and a bit of a drag."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#41 2013-12-08 13:38:33

TheBerchie

"Oh, I'm Disguise. My mother's Masquerade an ambassador from the Crystal Empire and I've never been fond of these ceremonial hairstyle they're just too complicated and a bit of a drag."

Dazzle walked up and smiled, “And I’m Dazzle, a travelling musician. I’m here to help my feathered friend with jousting. And personally, I think you look great with that mane style.” The unicorn then said jokingly, “Though I am a stallion, so what would I know about mare mane styles.”

I am not crazy!

#42 2013-12-08 20:43:28

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard scanned the shelves until she came upon the title Disguise had mentioned, "The Imperial Guide to Jousting" the Pegasus flew down to a nearby table and set the book down, but now she had more interesting things to think about at the moment.

"So if your mother is the ambassador from the crystal empire to equestria, then does that mean you are a crystal pony? I haven't met a crystal pony before!" Blizzard ace lit up with the prospect.

Normal is boring.

#43 2013-12-09 04:36:46

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Dazzle walked up and smiled, “And I’m Dazzle, a travelling musician. I’m here to help my feathered friend with jousting. And personally, I think you look great with that mane style.” The unicorn then said jokingly, “Though I am a stallion, so what would I know about mare mane styles.”

"Thanks, I think." Disguise said slightly blushing.

"So if your mother is the ambassador from the crystal empire to equestria, then does that mean you are a crystal pony? I haven't met a crystal pony before!" Blizzard ace lit up with the prospect.

"Well I was born and raised there so I guess that would make me one.", Disguise said with a coy smile, "Though I'm not 100% pure Crystal Pony some ancestors of the Flames was a relation or friend or something back before the Empire was sealed away for a thousand years."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#44 2013-12-09 11:41:46

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

*SQUEEEEEEEE* Blizzard squeaked out before bolting over to where Disguise was standing, causing the cover of "The Imperial Guide to Jousting" to come open and the first few page to flap about.

"If you're a crystal pony, does that mean that you can turn into crystal? do you remember anything from before the empire was sealed away? Oh I have so many questions!" Blizzards eyes were wide as a filly who was getting ready for story time as she volleyed questions at the yellow mare.

Normal is boring.

#45 2013-12-09 17:12:16

TheBerchie

“Wait, you were raised in the Crystal Empire!” The unicorn was getting excited by the minute. “The Crystal Empire is one of the places that I haven’t been to yet. Is it really as warm as ponies say it is? Are there any celebrations or crystal pony holidays that are coming up? Is it better to go in the summer, fall, winter, or spring?”

Dazzle was thrilled to find a crystal pony to know when is a great time to go to the Crystal Empire. However, the enthusiastic unicorn had to resist the urge to ask more and more questions, because that would ruin the point of going there.

I am not crazy!

#46 2013-12-11 08:24:03

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"If you're a crystal pony, does that mean that you can turn into crystal? do you remember anything from before the empire was sealed away? Oh I have so many questions!" Blizzards eyes were wide as a filly who was getting ready for story time as she volleyed questions at the yellow mare.

“Wait, you were raised in the Crystal Empire!” The unicorn was getting excited by the minute. “The Crystal Empire is one of the places that I haven’t been to yet. Is it really as warm as ponies say it is? Are there any celebrations or crystal pony holidays that are coming up? Is it better to go in the summer, fall, winter, or spring?”

Dazzle was thrilled to find a crystal pony to know when is a great time to go to the Crystal Empire. However, the enthusiastic unicorn had to resist the urge to ask more and more questions, because that would ruin the point of going there.

"Uhhh..." Disguise said taken aback by the barrage of questions, "Yes, I can kind of twinkle and you really don't want to hear about the time before the Empire came back - most of my memories are during Sombra's reign and rise to power and I don't like to revisit them... And yes it's warm there and Fizzywizzy Night happened not long ago but winter is probably the best time to go since the Crystal Feast happens during the deepest part of the winter."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#47 2013-12-11 14:38:17

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard saw Disguise take a step back as she was assaulted with questions by Dazzle and the pegasus, but at the same time she hadn't said to stop....

"Oooooo, FizzyWizzy night sounds fun! how long was the journey from here to the crystal empire? what is your favorite color? what is the airspeed of an unladen Crystal Empire Swallow?"

Normal is boring.

#48 2013-12-11 16:21:34

TheBerchie

Dazzle just couldn’t help himself when asking these questions. All the unicorn could think about is what different viewpoints crystal ponies would have, and what knowledge.

“A Crystal Feast! Does that mean we use crystalware instead of silverware? What was it like to travel through time? What happens if Ponyocchio (OOC: Pinocchio) says ‘My nose is going to grow now’?”

(OOC: By the way, what season is it?)

Last edited by TheBerchie (2013-12-11 16:29:44)

I am not crazy!

#49 2013-12-11 17:43:19

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"Oooooo, FizzyWizzy night sounds fun! how long was the journey from here to the crystal empire? what is your favorite color? what is the airspeed of an unladen Crystal Empire Swallow?"

Dazzle just couldn’t help himself when asking these questions. All the unicorn could think about is what different viewpoints crystal ponies would have, and what knowledge.

“A Crystal Feast! Does that mean we use crystalware instead of silverware? What was it like to travel through time? What happens if Ponyocchio says ‘My nose is going to grow now’?”

"Easy now," Disguise said as she was getting annoyed at all the questions and weirdly her cloak popped up slightly on the sides of her body. "Don't you think you should really be reading an preparing for the joust or something? I'm just a normal pony like you. Gah. Maybe I should just fly back to the Empire now - all you Equestrian Ponies do is ask questions for hours on end."

(OOC: I'm going to say it's the current show season and Springish)

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#50 2013-12-11 20:58:27

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"You can fly!?! Oh right, study.... Blizzard zoomed back to the table, and cracked open the book.

Normal is boring.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB