Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#51 2013-12-11 22:09:57

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Re: [Trot] (Social) Trotton Rekindled (Open)

"You can fly!?! Oh right, study.... Blizzard zoomed back to the table, and cracked open the book.

"Like the..." Disguise said and then paused for a second, "I mean the chariot pegasi fly like the wind."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#52 2013-12-11 22:49:04

TheBerchie

"Like the..." Disguise said and then paused for a second, "I mean the chariot pegasi fly like the wind."

Dazzle was sad that Disguise was going so soon, but the jousting tournament was coming up. With a sigh and a smile, the unicorn said, “Well, it was nice meeting you Disguise, and maybe when I travel to the Crystal Empire, we can get together. Perhaps you could even give me the grand tour. But until that day, safe journeys.”

I am not crazy!
My reality is just different than yours....

#53 2013-12-11 22:55:43

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"I wasn't being serious," Disguise laughed, "I just don't like being constantly peppered with questions... besides mom would kill me if I just ran off back home."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#54 2013-12-12 00:00:05

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard opened the book to page 1

The history of jousting in Equestria begins back in.......

The pegasus rolled her eyes, she was never much into dry school reading like this, she was more the "show me how, don't tell me how" type of learner. She began flipping through the dusty pages of the book until she cam across what she was looking for,  an illustration. In it she saw a pagasus all suited up for  a joust.

step 1: wear armor, got it flipping more pages she found another picture, this on a series of drawing showing two ponies charging at each other, the end of the lances circled with some angle measurements near them, a dotted line pointing to where they would land at the point of collision.  Combining that with the knowledge she had gotten from Dazzle, she felt she knew enough, slamming the book cover shut.

"Alright that's enough book learning, somepony get me a lance."

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#55 2013-12-12 17:26:07

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"Alright that's enough book learning, somepony get me a lance."

Disguise brought her hoof to her face in the common gesture known as a 'face hoof'.

"Really that's all," Disguise groaned, "you do know you could be rather seriously injured if you have no clue what you're doing right? In any case the lances in armor will be over in the armory... I could show you the way if you want."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#56 2013-12-12 19:24:47

TheBerchie

"Really that's all," Disguise groaned, "you do know you could be rather seriously injured if you have no clue what you're doing right? In any case the lances in armor will be over in the armory... I could show you the way if you want."

“Yeah, that would be great.” The unicorn said, “And didn’t worry about Blizzard, I already informed her of some of basics in jousting. What she really needs now is experience, because I seriously doubt book smarts is going to win her the day.” Dazzle then turned to the pegasus and said, “You ready to go Blizzard?”

I am not crazy!

#57 2013-12-12 20:15:15

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"Yeah, hit them with the pointy part, more points if I break the lance. Sounds simple enough. Lead the way to the armory please Ms. Disguise." Blizzard said with a grin, she knew she didn't know near as much as she could, but she was too nervous to sit and read, moving and running should Help her calm down a bit.

Normal is boring.

#58 2013-12-13 21:59:54

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

“Yeah, that would be great.” The unicorn said, “And didn’t worry about Blizzard, I already informed her of some of basics in jousting. What she really needs now is experience, because I seriously doubt book smarts is going to win her the day.” Dazzle then turned to the pegasus and said, “You ready to go Blizzard?”

"Yeah, hit them with the pointy part, more points if I break the lance. Sounds simple enough. Lead the way to the armory please Ms. Disguise." Blizzard said with a grin, she knew she didn't know near as much as she could, but she was too nervous to sit and read, moving and running should Help her calm down a bit.

"Gladly," Disguise said with a smirk.

Disguise led them out of the library and through the ornate halls and down a set of steps to an room filled with armors, lances, swords, and bows and arrows. A brown pony in the armor of the town guard stood in a corner arguing with a red striped Zebra.

"I'd be careful some of this stuff is as old as I should be and others have been rather scuffed up by some of this town's guards."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#59 2013-12-14 19:13:07

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard followed Disguise through the hallways, watching the tapestries go by, she had had no idea the castle had been this big when she looked at it, I must go back further then she thought.

They came to a stop after going down a flight of stairs, to a room filled with weapons and armor, which were being watched over by an armored stallion and a ....... Red zebra? The pegasus couldn't help but stare for a moment, first a crystal pony, now a red zebra, was there anypony or anyzebra not coming to this festival?

Blizzard took a step forward, adopting the military style posture she'd needed at the academy.

"Pardon my inturuption, but I am in need of armor and a lance, to practice for this evenings tournament."

Normal is boring.

#60 2013-12-16 05:14:05

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"Pardon my inturuption, but I am in need of armor and a lance, to practice for this evenings tournament."

"In a moment!", the guard said with clear disdain, "It's bad enough that our leaders have some stripes here but I'm not going to let them touch our arms."

"I have every right to be here and practice as any other", the red stripped Zebra said back.

((OOC: Sorry got busy with work will try to be better but the with the holidays here.))

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#61 2013-12-16 14:36:56

TheBerchie

Dazzle looked between the pony and zebra as they continued with their argument.

Darn it, why is it that I always get to a problem after missing the beginning of it? Is it too much to ask to hear and see the beginning?

The sapphire unicorn sighed, looked at Disguise, and said, “Before I do something that may or may not help, do you know what these two are arguing about?”

I am not crazy!

#62 2013-12-17 17:30:55

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

The sapphire unicorn sighed, looked at Disguise, and said, “Before I do something that may or may not help, do you know what these two are arguing about?”

"I've kinda been away a thousand years.", Disguise frowned, "The whole Nightmare Moon thing was news to me and what I know about inter-tribal relations and history is about a thousand years out of date. Though zebras in Equestria proper were rare in my time and seen as strange and it seems to still be the case."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#63 2013-12-17 22:14:06

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard stepped back slightly as the guard snapped at her, but she stepped back forward to talk to the guard.

"If she is your leader, isn't she the one in charge. She could report you for unsubordination. Is you job really worth this?

Normal is boring.

#64 2013-12-18 08:23:36

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"If she is your leader, isn't she the one in charge. She could report you for unsubordination. Is you job really worth this?"

The guard gave a hearty laugh. "I doubt that", he said, "She wasn't too keen on the stripes ether until the nobles forced it on us."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#65 2013-12-18 14:14:50

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

The guard gave a hearty laugh. "I doubt that", he said, "She wasn't too keen on the stripes ether until the nobles forced it on us."

Blizzard was trying to think of a way to defuse the situation, but was drawing a blank.

"Why are zebras so bad anyways? They just look like ponies with a paint job to me."

Normal is boring.

#66 2013-12-18 14:37:44

TheBerchie

(OOC: Dear Celestia I hope I’m understanding the conflict as well as I think I do.)

Ok this isn’t getting us anywhere. Dazzle thought as he took a step forward. He looked at the guard pony and said,

“Maybe you don’t know our current situation here. You see, we are kinda in a rush, which means that we will take the fastest action that will get our group the supplies it needs. Whether that means asking you nicely to allow us and the zebra to use this armory, or going to get one of the nobles that enforces the rights on zebras. Whichever is faster, but I doubt that it will go to that, because we’re all reasonable ponies here.”

I am not crazy!

#67 2013-12-19 12:02:50

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"Why are zebras so bad anyways? They just look like ponies with a paint job to me." said Bizzard.

Ok this isn’t getting us anywhere. Dazzle thought as he took a step forward. He looked at the guard pony and said,

“Maybe you don’t know our current situation here. You see, we are kinda in a rush, which means that we will take the fastest action that will get our group the supplies it needs. Whether that means asking you nicely to allow us and the zebra to use this armory, or going to get one of the nobles that enforces the rights on zebras. Whichever is faster, but I doubt that it will go to that, because we’re all reasonable ponies here.”

"alright." The guard grumbled, "but I'll let you not the Stripe touch the pointy things. They may look like ponies but they do things like dig in the ground and haven't you heard  the old tale of Zeb who in ancient days worked with a demon to steal the souls of the innocent?" the guard added.

"Zeb lied thousands of years ago," The Zebra said, "he doesn't represent all of us and I have lived in Equestria all of my life."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#68 2013-12-19 13:45:13

TheBerchie

Good, one problem down, one to go.

Dazzle gave a smile and said, “Thank you for your understanding, but now we have a second problem. The reason why we needed those supplies is my feathered friend here is trying to get some practice with jousting. However, it is hard to practice when there is only one jouster. And I think there is a way so that everypony is happy.” The unicorn moved so that he could get a better line of sight of everypony. He then looked back at the guard and said, “Now before you say ‘no’ I just want you to hear me out. How about we have the zebra be Blizzard’s training partner?” Dazzle looked at Blizzard, “You would get your training partner.” Then looked at the zebra, “You would get to touch the ‘pointy things.’” Lastly, he looked at the guard pony, “And you would get a zebra out of your mane. The three of us and the zebra would all be together at the same time. So if something does happen,” Dazzle looked at the zebra, “which I highly doubt,” he looked back at the guard pony, “then we would be there. Not to mention, if something does happen, then I will take full responsibility.”

Dazzle walked in front of the guard pony and said, “Of course you could decline this deal, and go back to arguing for who knows how long. Or you could let me handle this, and you can have no worries that something is going to happen or any fears of consequences if something does happen.” The unicorn looked from Blizzard, to the zebra, to finally the guard pony, “Deal?”

I am not crazy!

#69 2013-12-19 14:44:34

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard raised her eyebrow in confusion when the guard mentioned Zeb.

Can Zebras do that? I don't even thing that was in a class I wasn't paying attention to... probably

Dazzle suddenly stepped forward and began speaking, negotiating with the guard pony that he would watch over the zebra in exchange for her being Blizzard's practice partner.

"Deal?" The unicorn asked to The Zebra, The guardpony, and the ice blue pegasus.

"Ummmmm yeah, sure, I guess a partner could be useful, sure." She finished with a bit of confidence in her voice, thought facing down a zebra she didn't know with them pointing lances at each other seemed scary.

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2013-12-19 14:47:12)

Normal is boring.

#70 2013-12-20 12:59:37

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Dazzle walked in front of the guard pony and said, “Of course you could decline this deal, and go back to arguing for who knows how long. Or you could let me handle this, and you can have no worries that something is going to happen or any fears of consequences if something does happen.” The unicorn looked from Blizzard, to the zebra, to finally the guard pony, “Deal?”

"Ummmmm yeah, sure, I guess a partner could be useful, sure." She finished with a bit of confidence in her voice, thought facing down a zebra she didn't know with them pointing lances at each other seemed scary.

"Alright fine." The guard replied, "just get this stripe out of here."

The red striped Zebra mare glared at the guard but then turned to Dazzle and Blizzard. "I thank you", she said softly while holding out her hoof, "not many ponies speak up for my kind, my name is Marakekunda - or Mara for short."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#71 2013-12-20 15:10:49

TheBerchie

Dazzle smiled and reached out and shook Mara’s hoof. Then he spoke in his normal friendly tone, “Don’t mention it, I always hated it when ponies or any species looks down on another just because of who they are. I mean, there is just so much we could learn from other species and see the world in a different way. Personally, I don’t know why some ponies give zebras such a hard time. I think your race is actually quite fascinating, from your different type of magic to your different viewpoints!”

Dazzle was getting excited again, just like when he met Disguise, because the thought of experiencing a different culture captivated him. Then realization hit the unicorn in the face, “Oh hayseed, I’m being rude aren’t I? My name is Dazzle, a travelling musician.”

I am not crazy!

#72 2013-12-20 19:17:55

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard listened as Mara introduced herself, and once Dazzle had finished speaking the Pegasus stepped forward cautiously.

"I'm Blizzard, the one competing this evening in the jousting competition, have you ever jousted before?"

Normal is boring.

#73 2013-12-21 09:03:09

Fire Blossom

"So you were saying?" Misty asked.

Blossom tried her best to explain that she wasn't a performer, and that she wasn't wearing a costume. She knew her appearance would confuse most ponies, but didn't expect a local fair to get her tangled in with it.

"And like I said. I-I here for books...but I heard not just anypony can go look at the library....

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#74 2013-12-23 05:31:22

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

///////////////////
Armory
//////////////////

Dazzle was getting excited again, just like when he met Disguise, because the thought of experiencing a different culture captivated him. Then realization hit the unicorn in the face, “Oh hayseed, I’m being rude aren’t I? My name is Dazzle, a travelling musician.”

"Pleased to meet you." Mara replied.

Blizzard listened as Mara introduced herself, and once Dazzle had finished speaking the Pegasus stepped forward cautiously.

"I'm Blizzard, the one competing this evening in the jousting competition, have you ever jousted before?"

"I have...", Mara said, "against practice dummies."

//////////////////////
Sleeping Hydra
/////////////////////

"And like I said. I-I here for books...but I heard not just anypony can go look at the library...." said Blossom.

"That's not true," Misty replied, "anyone can go there though sometimes an insufferable brat will be there complaining."

((OOC: Sorry for my lateness. I've been occupied a lot.))

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#75 2013-12-23 13:21:48

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"I have...", Mara said, "against practice dummies." The Zebra replied to Blizzard.

"Well I once fought with a broomstick while drunk, so I think we are both ready to find some equipment, Lead the way Mara." Blizzard said with a weak smile, hlyer confidence flagging slightly as she once again realized how inexperienced she was.

Normal is boring.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB