Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#76 2013-12-27 17:45:20

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Re: [Trot] (Social) Trotton Rekindled (Open)

Mara eagerly grabbed a lance while the guard scowled. "You will need one of these and they attach to a peg on your jousting armor... here let me show you..."

Mara donned a shiny set of armor and tried to attach the lance using her mouth several times before managing to get it somewhat attached.

"This is much easier for unicorns, pegasi, or those who have assistants...", Mara said with a hint of embarrassment in her voice.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#77 2013-12-31 12:19:07

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard watched as the Zebra donned a set of armor, taking note of how each thing went together. The pegasi looked at Mara once she had finished, she looked alomst like a normal pony with most of her stripes covered, but her legs still gave her away.

"Alright, seems easy enough..." she said as she began a quick  search for armor that had a space for her wings. finding one not too far away she took it off its stand, and blizzard fumbled with it as she took the surprisingly heavy weight befpre she got it slung over her back...sideways...

The mare began twisting her body, trying to get the armor to slide into the right position, but in the process managed to flank check a rack of lances, sending them tumbling to the floor, a few bouncing off of the pegasus.

"OW BUCK!" Blazzard yelled as she rubbed her noggin. "How did you make this looks so easy?"

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#78 2013-12-31 15:52:18

TheBerchie

Dazzle watched Mara and Blizzard as they both on their two separate suits of armor. And if there is one thing anypony would tell you, it is that when putting on armor for the first or hundredth time, it is always easier to have a little help.

The unicorn took a few steps forward and said, “Here let me help out.” His horn glowed as he firmly attached Mara’s lance. Dazzle’s attention was brought over to Blizzard and his horn glowed again as the armor that Blizzard had chosen was lifted up and spun around until it was facing the right direction.

From that point on, Dazzle helped out Blizzard where she needed some assistance. He made sure to let Blizzard do most of the work so that she would learn how to put on the armor correctly. And after the lance was attached, Blizzard was ready for some practice.

Dazzle walked around Blizzard to get in front of her. Next he gave her a quick once over to make sure everything was in place, then smiled and said, “Jeez Blizzard, you look good in armor.”

(OOC: Happy Holidays everypony! Now I was thinking, ‘Let’s have some fun’ because it’s the end of the year and we are starting a new one. And I want to be hunched over laughing when that happens. So let’s post a video each that will make us do just that! The video doesn’t have to be a brony/pony video, just one that will get people laughing. So I guess I’ll start!)

Last edited by TheBerchie (2013-12-31 15:53:19)

I am not crazy!
My reality is just different than yours....

#79 2014-01-01 20:04:57

Night's Honor
Itinerant Mystic

(( OOC: Well, I haven't posted in roughly a month. December was just like a December to me. Here, have America's current mindvirus. http://youtu.be/mbyzgeee2mg ))

*Glub Glub Glub Glub*

The bucket was empty in seconds. Lance's whole body quivered as the water settled in his stomach, then he got to work on his oatmeal. His ears swiveled around as he chewed, trying to pick up anything interesting going on in the room. He was so curious about that funny pony the barmare was talking to. Finishing his food, pocketed the key and bussed his dishes to the bar. On his way back, he stopped behind Misty May and waited for a pause in the conversation.

"Thank you for the meal, ma'am, and I apologize again for my entrance." His discipline seemed to have kicked in now that he wasn't hungry anymore. So much for discipline. "I should probably announce my presence to the local authorities as long as I'm here. They may well need my services. Could you point me in the right direction?"

#80 2014-01-03 02:32:16

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

((OOC: Sorry had a busier week than anticipated though since a lot of the Christmas Clean-up is now done I should be less busy from now now - Well except for most of this weekend which will be spent at the meet-up - meant to post earlier. As for a video have two - Dalek Christmas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDXDkWd8eq0 and Batman's True Origin: http://youtu.be/PTRUdRA_srw ))

////////////////////////////
Trotton Maneor
///////////////////////////

"Thank you for the assistance... though I did not need it.", Mara said to Dazzle trying to maintain some face, as she did not like to appear weak or untrained with the antagonistic guard in the room.

Dazzle walked around Blizzard to get in front of her. Next he gave her a quick once over to make sure everything was in place, then smiled and said, “Jeez Blizzard, you look good in armor.”

"Indeed, the armor fits you well.", Mara added, "though perhaps we should head out towards the practice field soon - I do not like standing here with that guard staring at my every little movement."

/////////////////////////////////////////////
Sleeping Hydra
////////////////////////////////////////////

"Thank you for the meal, ma'am, and I apologize again for my entrance." Lance said. "I should probably announce my presence to the local authorities as long as I'm here. They may well need my services. Could you point me in the right direction?"

"Well for the nobles and guards just follow the road out of town and towards the rather castley place with the big black tower." Misty replied, "I think they might still be there. There is also the town hall down in the center of town where the Mayor works..."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#81 2014-01-03 16:20:21

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard felt the weight of the armor lift slight and begin to move as Dazzle adjusted it for her, sliding it down unto her back, her wings fitting nicely through a slit of either side.

Jeez, how I am going to compete when I can't even get myself dress? the pegasus thought to herself.

“Jeez Blizzard, you look good in armor.”  Dazzle said as she looked Blizzard over.

I guess this armor isn't all bad Blizzard said as she looked herself over.

"Indeed, the armor fits you well.", Mara added, "though perhaps we should head out towards the practice field soon - I do not like standing here with that guard staring at my every little movement."

“Sounds like a plan, lead the way Mara.” Blizzard said as she started towards the door, managing to jam the lance against the wall or shelf a few time on her way out.

(OOC:my Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwvXtfRj … rdozUS-Idw)

Normal is boring.

#82 2014-01-08 20:30:40

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"Here, let me help you with that..." came a voice from the shadows. A light blue magic aura moved Blizzard's lance around so he could fit through the door.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#83 2014-01-09 17:40:04

TheBerchie

“Sounds like a plan, lead the way Mara.” Blizzard said as she started towards the door, managing to jam the lance against the wall or shelf a few time on her way out.

Dazzle couldn’t help but be entertained by the sight of Blizzard’s noble crusade by hitting random innocent objects with her lance, while she walked toward the exit.

If this is how she is when she’s sober, I wonder how she was when she’s drunk and a broom in hoof…. A thought entered Dazzle’s head of Blizzard drunk, broom in hoof, and speaking in the old Royal Canterlot, smiting a chair for its heresy. And it was that thought that made the unicorn burst out laughing.

After a moment to collect himself, he started to walk out with Blizzard and Mara, when he got a feeling like he was forgetting something… Disguise! He turned around to find said pony.

He walked up to her and said, “Hey Disguise, are you alright? You haven’t been talking all that much, is something on your mind?”

I am not crazy!

#84 2014-01-10 19:45:33

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

He walked up to her and said, “Hey Disguise, are you alright? You haven’t been talking all that much, is something on your mind?”

"No...", Disguise said and then whispered, "It's just that everything is just so different and well I can't place it but something rather funny is going on around here. It's not the massive amount of copies of Wingboner magazine my cousin... well some relation... keeps hidden in his room despite supposedly hating pegasi. That's kind of normal weird. Granted, I haven't known him much but he seems... different from the few letters we exchanged and a brief visit a while ago. That and some weird things keep happening like how and why I am suddenly have a book in one of my hooves."

True to what she said Disguise was now holding a book entitled 'A Treatise on the Nature of Destrucity' with a outstretched hooves. Disguise set the book down. "I guess I could have picked it up while we were talking", she continued, "...and maybe I'm just going crazy from having the world change around me and suddenly losing friends who now have been dead for nearly a thousand years..."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#85 2014-01-11 13:16:00

TheBerchie

"...and maybe I'm just going crazy from having the world change around me and suddenly losing friends who now have been dead for nearly a thousand years..."

Dazzle’s ears went flat against his head and said, “I’m sorry, normally how I help ponies is using my past experiences to give advice and stuff. But I haven’t lost a friend during my travels, let alone multiple friends. I guess I’ve been fortunate enough not to have that experience.”

Then the unicorn’s ears perk back up straight as he continued, “As for the world changing all around you, that’s something that you should be excited about! Think about it, not many ponies can say that they traveled into the future. You have seen how the world was, and now you get to see how its evolution over the centuries that you were gone! You can go and see locations that have survived over the years, and see new locations. Not to mention all of the songs, books, new instruments, and plays that was made.” Dazzle took a deep breath to calm himself down before he talked Disguise’s ear off about the opportunities that she has at her hooves. After calming down, he looked back at Disguise and smiled, “What I’ve learned during my travels is to never let opportunities past you up. Especially an opportunity that you might later regret.”

Dazzle waited a moment to let that last statement sink in before continuing, “You also said that your cousin, or whoever he is, was acting a little weird? What did you mean by that? I haven’t met him, or at least I don’t think I have….”

I am not crazy!

#86 2014-01-11 22:23:01

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"Yes, travel into the distant future...", Disguise replied in a sad voice, "though it's a one way trip, you can never go back, and all those things that have survived remind you how alien you are and what you have lost... As for my cousin, well... Like I said I can't really place it but he's just different. He was less of a jerk than he used to be, he spends a lot of time in the restroom every morning, and yesterday night he walked around the maneor wearing sunglasses while looking for... something. He wouldn't say what."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#87 2014-01-13 02:40:18

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard followed Mara as she went out to the training field, her vision was obstructed partially by the helmet, giving her tunnel vision as she walked down the hallway, and the clanking of her armor was a sound Blizzard wasn't used to and she was having trouble hearing. She could have swore she could have heard somepony laughing, but right now she was on a mission. Learn enough so that she didn't make a complete Mule of herself at the festival.

"Hey Mara, be honest....you think I got any chance to learn enough for the festival tonight?" The pegasus said to the Zebra she could only say was her teacher.

Normal is boring.

#88 2014-01-15 11:01:54

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"Maybe... but it's going to take a good bit of work,", Mara replied, "most jousters take a lot of time to become good... maybe you should try to run down the length of the course of and not fall over or bump the rail first."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#89 2014-01-15 23:37:45

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"Okay, Step one: Run in straight line... you must have had years of training to learn that..." Blizzard replied with sarcasm, through the roll of her eyes may not have been visible in her helmet.

Normal is boring.

#90 2014-01-15 23:45:13

TheBerchie

“He wouldn't say what." Disguise finished her statement.

Well Blizzard is going to be practicing jousting for the next few hours. So why not go and see this cousin? Not to mention that Disguise is depress/sad about losing her friends, and though I can’t bring her friends back or send her back. I can still be there for her and help her. And hopefully she’ll realize that you can have friends no matter where or when.

“Well, what are we waiting for?” Dazzle asked as he tried to pick up the mood, “Let’s go and find this cousin of yours. Or we could always do a less direct approach, like some investigating! I’ve never been an investigator before nor a detective.” Then the smile on the unicorn’s lips faded, “Okay, I’ve been a detective only once before, but it wasn’t really all that interesting. I mean, when the guilty pony is the butler, it’s kind of obvious who did it!” Dazzle spoke as if Disguise knew exactly what he was talking about.

I am not crazy!

#91 2014-01-17 12:07:22

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"Guilty? butler?", Disguise turned her head slightly askew... "Did this become some sort of live action Clue? I guess a different set of eyes could help if we took another look around. His room is at the top of the stairs, first on the left, I can show you if you want."

///

"Okay, Step one: Run in straight line... you must have had years of training to learn that..." Blizzard replied with sarcasm, through the roll of her eyes may not have been visible in her helmet.

"It's actually a lot harder than it sounds," Mara replied,  "since you have the weight of a lance on one side and heavy armor. Not going perfectly straight could unbalance you and knock you off your feet when stuck."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#92 2014-01-19 16:08:24

TheBerchie

“His room is at the top of the stairs, first on the left, I can show you if you want." Disguise asked.

“Yeah, let’s go together. I don’t really know this cousin of yours all that well, and it would be great to have somepony there to have that knowledge. Not to mention having somepony there to bounce ideas off of.”  Dazzle faced the door and opened it with his magic. He turned back to Disguise and said, “Well Lady Disguise, after you.”

I am not crazy!

#93 2014-01-20 14:54:54

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

With Mara words Blizzard's head filled with a vision of her veering off, then digging the lance into the ground and pole vaulting into the audience. The Pegasus shook her head and tried to clear he mind out. She had learned to fly and had passed most her tests in The Academy, she could do this.

As they went through one final door they came to entered into a courtyard. It didn't appear to be set up for jousting practice, though there was a large opening in the center, bordered by statues of ponies and topiries cut into many shapes.

"So any more pointers before we get started Mara?" Blizzard said as she trotted to te far end of the clearing.

Normal is boring.

#94 2014-01-22 15:00:35

Night's Honor
Itinerant Mystic

((OOC: Well I was just without a computer for 15 days.))

Misty: "Well for the nobles and guards just follow the road out of town and towards the rather castley place with the big black tower."

That tower is inhabited? "Thank you, ma'am. I'll be on my way."

Just before sauntering out the door, he turned his head said, "That keyfruit was delicious, by the way. Best I've had since I was a foal." He barely contained a snicker as he walked out.

He looked around when he got outside and spotted the inn's shingle on the ground. That actually shouldn't be too hard to fix, he thought. He picked it up and set it back on its hooks. It looked like maybe they weren't originally hooks, but they were now, and he couldn't do any more without tools, so he decided to leave it. He avoided the main drag out of habit and missed the town hall entirely. It wasn't good to fly after a big meal like that, but the walk was nice. When he reached the edge of town, he thought he spotted a bridge in the distance, and cut across a field to reach it. He could have just hopped the river, but it seemed rude to enter the Maneor's grounds by any way other than the front gate, and he didn't want to make things any worse after his showing in town.
    He saluted the guards on the bridge and asked if the lord of the Maneor was in, and was directed to the front door. He hesitated a moment, then lifted the ring and knocked.

#95 2014-01-22 22:54:38

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

===============
Arcane's Room
===============

Dazzle faced the door and opened it with his magic. He turned back to Disguise and said, “Well Lady Disguise, after you.”

"Thank you," Disguise blushed as her dress slightly ruffled. Disguise leads Dazzle up a set of stairs and looks around before opening the door to Arcane's private room. Inside is a writing desk, a red comfy chair, a grandfather clock, a globe, and shelves lining the walls filled with books where there are not book there are ancient maps and portraits. A side door leads off to a bedroom with with a regal oak canopy bead with green blankets. On top of the ancient oak desk are several stacks of books including The Moment of Mastery, Through the Looking Glass, Canterlot Castle: A History - Volume II, Planar Dynamics and the Terrain of Testament, A History of Equestria, and The Ponyland Chronicles. A book entitled A History of the Flame Family which lies open on the desk. There is also a wastebasket next to the desk.

Besides that on top of the desk is a half drunken bottle of whiskey and several pictures of various mares.

===============
The Training Field
===============

"So any more pointers before we get started Mara?" Blizzard said as she trotted to te far end of the clearing.

"Don't panic...", Mara replied, "a lot of ponies panic when they see a lance about to hit them and flinch causing them to be knocked back."

===============
The Sleeping Hydra
===============

'Right,' Misty thought as she watched Lance leaving snickering, 'He's getting the room with the paper thin walls next to that insane old viol playing music pony from Germaneigh who rants about unseen creatures in the night'.

==============
Trotton Maneor
==============

"*Burp!* Hello?", said a slightly intoxicated dark gray mare with a midnight blue and crimson mane with a black cowpony hat on bearing a jeweled Crescent Moon and Jack of Spades.

OOC: Sorry worked two 16 hour days in a row Monday & Tuesday, been sick, had little sleep, and I've been at the point where I've wanted to seal myself away from everything a good bit of the day. Thanks a lot of deadlines falling together in one insane mash...

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#96 2014-01-24 11:24:23

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"Don't panic...", Mara replied, "a lot of ponies panic when they see a lance about to hit them and flinch causing them to be knocked back."

"Okay..." Blizzard called back,

Alright Blizzard, you can do this, just keep calm, run straight, and try not to imagine that lance going into you eye and coming out the back of your skull.... Oh Celestia help me....

The Pegasus started breathing rapidly for a moment, but was able to reign her heart back in and get calm enough to get ready to run, though she could see the end of her lance already shaking and bobbing even when she was standing still.

"Alright, I'm ready when you are! So do we count down or do we just say go?"

Normal is boring.

#97 2014-01-26 22:36:46

Night's Honor
Itinerant Mystic

Arcane Flame wrote:

"*Burp!* Hello?", said a slightly intoxicated dark gray mare with a midnight blue and crimson mane with a black cowpony hat on bearing a jeweled Crescent Moon and Jack of Spades.

"Airpony Basic Lance of the Canterlot Air Corps, message division. I was dispatched to Trotton yesterday, so I've come to announce my presence to the local authorities in case my services are needed." Celestia, it's not even noon yet! "Er, are you alright, ma'am?"

#98 2014-01-27 01:03:42

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

===============
The Training Field
===============

"Alright, I'm ready when you are! So do we count down or do we just say go?" Blizzard asked

"Go when you are ready and only when you are ready and only when you are ready" Mara replied.

((OOC: I'll introduce some simple mechanics here for a test run in a little bit - but for right now ether freeform it or make a quick judgement roll))

==============
Trotton Maneor
==============

"Airpony Basic Lance of the Canterlot Air Corps, message division. I was dispatched to Trotton yesterday, so I've come to announce my presence to the local authorities in case my services are needed." Celestia, it's not even noon yet! "Er, are you alright, ma'am?"

"I'm perfectly fine Air Breakdance," the swaying pony slured, "well, mostly fine anyways, I was out of it for little while after a seizure or something but I'm fine now and sooo is the whiskey and that is all that matters!"

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#99 2014-01-27 19:24:25

Night's Honor
Itinerant Mystic

Lance frowned for a moment, but then decided to smile. "I tried air breakdancing one time. It... did not turn out well. I'm just not built with that kind of maneuverability. Anyhow, is the lord of the maneor in?"

#100 2014-01-27 21:18:18

TheBerchie

A book entitled A History of the Flame Family which lies open on the desk. There is also a wastebasket next to the desk.
Besides that on top of the desk is a half drunken bottle of whiskey and several pictures of various mares.

(OOC: I would just like to say that the ‘several pictures of various mares’ part confused me a bit. I didn’t know if you meant normal pictures or arousing pictures of mares. But I’m to think it’s the latter because A) it makes more sense due to the stallion we’re talking about and B) it’s funnier. However, if it is not, please tell me.)

Dazzle walked into the room looking around for a bit, just to know the lay out a little better. The unicorn had to admit that this stallion liked to read and drink. As walked over to look at the books that were on the desk, more specifically the one already open, caught sight of the pictures on the desk too. These pictures were of very attractive mares in various ‘positions’ and other things. Dazzle probably looked at those pictures longer than he should of have. The unicorn shook his head to snap himself out of it.

Get a hold of yourself Dazzle, the last thing you need is to travel to a city where you would recognize one of these mares. And they would go off and say, “Hey there, do you know me from one of my photo shots?” Being the way I am, I would freeze up and say, “Yes.” Then she would say with a smile, “Why so nervous? Don’t worry, I know on how to make you relax. All you have to do is stand there, while I….”

The unicorn ended that train of thought by grabbing the tower of books, lifting it, putting the pictures under it, and putting the books back on top of it. Dazzle was blushing all of the while he was doing this. After a moment of calming himself down, the stallion looked over at A History of the Flame Family that was still open on the desk and started to read the page that it was left on.

Last edited by TheBerchie (2014-01-27 21:20:14)

I am not crazy!

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB