Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-10 15:32:56

Jorganstan
Ruv roo rong time

Season 5 is confirmed

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/s … irmed.html

I don't really know how to feel about this. Yea its a new season. Yea its more of the mane 6 and other characters we get to see. But how long is it until they run out of ideas for episodes? I mean actual good episodes. Seasons 1 and 2 both were great, but seasons 3 and 4 seem to be lacking something. And this season alone just lacks a lot of purpose in the episodes. Like the villain in the season 4 premier was Discord's seeds that he was eating gone tentacle.

Thoughts?

#2 2014-01-10 16:03:49

thepine
...I'd like to be a tree.

Re: Season 5 is confirmed

Have to say I am the opposite. Enjoying season 4 more than any other season. Adding season long arcs, good episode stories, lots more Easter eggs and references to other media.

But I do hope they can keep it up. The "rainbow power" toys have me worried. Like Hasbro demanding to put something in the show they can make new toys of. A lot of the toy/cartoons that I grew up with added battle damage/super/special/etc versions to their action figures that appeared soon after in the show and it was the jump the shark moment that the show started to decline. Hopefully Hasbro learns from the past and puts cartoons before toys but I dont know, they and Mattel have failed at it so many times before.

....and I still have my battle damage He-man and sewer surfing Michelangelo lol.

Last edited by thepine (2014-01-10 18:12:56)

http://thepine.deviantart.com/
If Fluttershy falls in the woods does she make a sound?
153038_safe_rainbow_2_Bdash_applejack_photo_pony.png

#3 2014-01-10 19:03:42

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

I'm quite enjoying the ride - until they get worse than some of the specials in the previous generation that were ether so half assed as to make crappy animated gifs look good (the baby pony specials) or just devoid of actual content (the parties specials) I'm sticking around. I wasn't very encouraged by the begining of this season but this has been the best the show has been since season 2 for me.

I don't really see anything to be worried about regarding the toys they have always been rather vaguely connected and it's my guess that as a replacement for the elements well get a g4 version of g1's Rainbow of Light within the box.

262514__safe_g1_megan_rainbowoflight_locket_zps092554a6.jpg

It would actually be kind of interesting since the six wands from g1 which are kind of similar to the six elements had to be recharged and took their power from 'the Heart of Ponyland' and underground in a cave... huh...

Heart_Dias2_zps6e7b00e9.png

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#4 2014-01-11 00:10:47

Midnight_Fyre

I'm still enjoying it, but I think I know what you are saying about the different seasons.  In my opinion Season 4 so far is, on the whole, better than Season 3, but not as good as Seasons 1 and 2, although I think there are still some individual episodes from Season 3 that are better than anything in 4 so far.

I think part of the problem is that the show has lost part of the charm it originally had.  It started as a cartoon about ponies and friendship.  Now I see it as a cartoon about ponies.  It seems to be pushing the friendship angle a lot less than it used to, and I think it has lost a bit of what made it charming and innocent.  That's not to say these things can't still be found in the show, but when there were friendship reports they had to work the story around that theme.  I don't see it as much in episodes like Castle Mane-ia, Daring Don't, or Bats.  It's not just the friendship thing either.  Episodes like Daring Don't, and Power Ponies are just edgier than anything I would have expected from Season 1.  Part of what got me into the show was that it was so well done while being sickeningly sweet at the same time, which somehow worked. 

Again, I still enjoy the new episodes.  They just feel a bit different to me.

#5 2014-01-11 06:02:52

Spongebob.

But in all seriousness; I'm both glad the ride continues, and dreading the impact another season will have on my wallet.

Damn you, Hasbro! I <3 ponies...

#6 2014-01-11 06:10:56

thepine wrote:

But I do hope they can keep it up. The "rainbow power" toys have me worried. Like Hasbro demanding to put something in the show they can make new toys of. A lot of the toy/cartoons that I grew up with added battle damage/super/special/etc versions to their action figures that appeared soon after in the show and it was the jump the shark moment that the show started to decline. Hopefully Hasbro learns from the past and puts cartoons before toys but I dont know, they and Mattel have failed at it so many times before

Just want to take a moment and point to the Crystal Empire line of toys, the Royal Wedding (CADANCE!) line of toys, PRINCESS Twilight Sparkle line of toys, and the Friendship Express toy.

The show has always been about the toys. The show has always been about selling products. Having a Super Form to replace the Elements of Deus Ex Machina isn't nearly as bad as some other ideas.

Like the Breezies "it ain't easy being Breezies" is the title of an upcoming episode.
Or the seaponies (which have already debuted G4 style in the picture book along with the mermares, who also appeared in the comic series.)

Oh well. At least people are feeling how I felt about Cadance and surprise brother when I first heard about the toys.

#7 2014-01-11 09:48:30

thepine
...I'd like to be a tree.

MysteriousMerchPony wrote:

Just want to take a moment and point to the Crystal Empire line of toys, the Royal Wedding (CADANCE!) line of toys, PRINCESS Twilight Sparkle line of toys, and the Friendship Express toy.

The show has always been about the toys. The show has always been about selling products. Having a Super Form to replace the Elements of Deus Ex Machina isn't nearly as bad as some other ideas.

Like the Breezies "it ain't easy being Breezies" is the title of an upcoming episode.
Or the seaponies (which have already debuted G4 style in the picture book along with the mermares, who also appeared in the comic series.)

Oh well. At least people are feeling how I felt about Cadance and surprise brother when I first heard about the toys.

That's true and the show has survived many toy additions already. Just saying that in a lot of shows I grew up with we got REALLY bad new characters and gimmicks towards the end to squeeze a few more dollars out of the fans they had left.  I don't think MLP:FIM is there yet but I do fear that is bound to happen.

I am very happy to see a season 5 is on the way and hope to see many more to follow. I am just an overactive worrier that would hate to see the fandom die out just as I am getting in to it!

....as long as we don't get "shoo-be-do" music when the seaponies show up and EVERY time they pop up after. *cringe*

http://thepine.deviantart.com/
If Fluttershy falls in the woods does she make a sound?
153038_safe_rainbow_2_Bdash_applejack_photo_pony.png

#8 2014-01-11 10:27:46

Jorganstan
Ruv roo rong time

thepine wrote:

Have to say I am the opposite. Enjoying season 4 more than any other season. Adding season long arcs, good episode stories, lots more Easter eggs and references to other media.

I could go without the references and easter eggs. But no matter how much the show changes to where it becomes like crappy specials and events. I will like the show.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Arcane Flame wrote:

until they get worse than some of the specials in the previous generation that were ether so half assed as to make crappy animated gifs look good (the baby pony specials) or just devoid of actual content (the parties specials) I'm sticking around. I wasn't very encouraged by the begining of this season but this has been the best the show has been since season 2 for me.

My favorites shows are Ed Edd'n Eddy, and Avatar: The Last Air Bender. They didn't have many, or if any, references. But maybe easter eggs. But they had good stories and neat little antics.

Last edited by Jorganstan (2014-01-11 10:29:53)

#9 2014-03-23 15:03:20

Spiritotter

Season 4 has been amazing in my opinion I'm glad there's going to be a season 5 especially if they keep up this streak of awesome episodes

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB