Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-11 20:18:40

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Pinkie Apple Pie

So... This episode was kind of awesome and had a number of interesting little references.

CPAP-Painting_zpsb357bd80.png

It's that painting being reused again.

CPAP-Drink_zps8d8f0afc.png

And this is an actual drink which is used by health nuts to detox and was popularized by Dr. Oz.

CPAP-PIE_Rates_zps58f9200c.png

So the comics were right - they are Pirates (Panels from MLP:FiM #13). tongue

CPAP-Inconvient_Eagel_zpsf6cc4deb.png

I think Inconvenient Eagles are going to become a meme... Also don't worry - the duck lived!

CPAP-Razzaroo_zpsc80269c6.png

Ummm... Pinkie Pie why are you taking photos of Big Mac's Flank? Oh... You went to the Razzaroo school of creepy photography (Screencap from MLP: A Charming Birthday)... that explains it.

CPAP-Duck_Face_zpsab0be185.png

Duckface.

CPAP-Bub_zps60de7943.png

Something tells me Lil Bub was a major inspiration on the cat designs here.

CPAP-Surprise_zps738dc238.png

Ah an episode about Pinkie's lineage... Oh what's this? This reference came out of nowhere. One might say it was a 'Surprise' (Screen cap from My Little Pony and Friends: The End of Flutter Valley Part 8)... In case you don't get it - see this: MLP:FiM History & Concept

CPAP-Battleships_zps5bb551ed.png

Oh look, that Pony Battleship game again.

CPAP-Cave_zpscd97969d.png

In case you missed it - here is what was in the cave.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#2 2014-01-12 16:41:35

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Re: Pinkie Apple Pie

Also someone noticed this... It shows up around the 17 Min mark...

CPAP-Sombra_zps0472c446.png

4eH0TEU.gif

Slendermare....

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#3 2014-01-12 18:28:56

Rekibrony
Luna Fan Club Member

Arcane Flame wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ … 72c446.png

http://i.imgur.com/4eH0TEU.gif

Slendermare....

For me, once I was done freaking out about what the heck it was. I came to the conclusion that it reminded me of one of these guys

640px-Ahuizotl_preparing_for_ritual_S4E04.png

Now why would one of them be following the apple family and Pinkie? Well I haven't the foggiest clue. This season has been filled with these little tidbits and cliffhangers. On another note, how in the world did someone catch this?

#4 2014-01-12 19:20:29

Good song. (Closest I got to shedding some liquid pride during a song since Smile Smile Smile)
Decently fun and enjoyable episode.

Wish I hadn't had the Slender reference pointed out to me, now I won't not see it.

Personal opinion time! Don't let it bother you or influence your own enjoyment of the show!:
I'd rather internet references like Gangnam, grumpy cat and Slender be reserved for the comics and not the show.
The Lebowski and Madmen ponies are about my limit as far as "human influenced references in Equestria" for my taste as long as it's minimal and executed well.

Homages and nods to things like Benny Hill and Pepe le Pew style chase sequences are alright and they were executed well.

Last edited by MysteriousMerchPony (2014-01-12 19:21:50)

#5 2014-01-13 09:56:37

Zanistor
Soul of Space

I found a comment on youtube that pointed out that before slendermane showed up, Pinkie went to go look for paper in the woods. Also her initial exclamation "I found a noooote!!!" When they walked up to Goldie's door may have been related? Fun fun tongue

Last edited by Zanistor (2014-01-13 09:57:15)

#6 2014-01-13 19:27:43

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Rekibrony wrote:
Arcane Flame wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ … 72c446.png

http://i.imgur.com/4eH0TEU.gif

Slendermare....

For me, once I was done freaking out about what the heck it was. I came to the conclusion that it reminded me of one of these guys

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 … _S4E04.png

Now why would one of them be following the apple family and Pinkie? Well I haven't the foggiest clue. This season has been filled with these little tidbits and cliffhangers. On another note, how in the world did someone catch this?

I think you're doing what I did at first and saw the tie as a mohawk mane and the suit bit as ears... look up to the the rest of him including his blank gray face.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#7 2014-01-13 19:29:30

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

MysteriousMerchPony wrote:

Good song. (Closest I got to shedding some liquid pride during a song since Smile Smile Smile)
Decently fun and enjoyable episode.

Wish I hadn't had the Slender reference pointed out to me, now I won't not see it.

Personal opinion time! Don't let it bother you or influence your own enjoyment of the show!:
I'd rather internet references like Gangnam, grumpy cat and Slender be reserved for the comics and not the show.
The Lebowski and Madmen ponies are about my limit as far as "human influenced references in Equestria" for my taste as long as it's minimal and executed well.

Homages and nods to things like Benny Hill and Pepe le Pew style chase sequences are alright and they were executed well.

I have no real opinion on this - just so long as they aren't front an center and just quick fun references like Grumpy & Slender I'm quite fine with them.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#8 2014-01-13 21:00:41

Grumpy was front and center enough for my taste, and the fandom certainly did it's part to make sure everyone knew about Slender.

It doesn't really bother me or effect my enjoyment of an episode. I just wish they'd keep internetty stuff like Gangnam, Grumpy and Slender out of the show.
Preferences *shrug* smile

#9 2014-01-13 21:16:28

thepine
...I'd like to be a tree.

Quite enjoying most of the references so far but I do agree the grumpycat was a bit much. Great the slender was in it and hidden enough that the average watcher is not going to catch it, I never would have seen if not pointed out by EQD. But the thing that is bothering me the most is 9 episodes down and still none of the real MLP Easter egg....where's Derpy? There was even a EQD post a few episodes ago about Megan McCarthy's twitter that we have not seen our favorite walleyed gray mare or something like that teasing that she would be in an episode.

http://thepine.deviantart.com/
If Fluttershy falls in the woods does she make a sound?
153038_safe_rainbow_2_Bdash_applejack_photo_pony.png

#10 2014-01-13 23:47:03

Midnight_Fyre

I was fine with Slender.  Little things that take a quick eye to catch are nice, like spotting Derpy.  I didn't care for the Grumpy Cat cutie mark because it felt way too forced on us and too out of place on a pony's rear end.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB