Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-16 06:05:44

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Rainbow Falls

So Meghan McCarty is teasing something that will make Bronies lose their minds on Twitter - any guesses?

My guessed: Ether Derpy has a role or Firefly shows up and is voiced by Lauren Faust.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#2 2014-01-16 07:43:10

Re: Rainbow Falls

Derpy isn't listed in the VA credits, so if she makes a major appearance, it's probably going to be like her gag in Feeling Pinkie Keen.
And if Faust's tweets and such about "I don't want to think about FiM anymore, it's painful" are any indication, I doubt she'd voice a character (and I have a feeling Firefly would have a non-speaking cameo if she actually does appear, which is doubtful).

She also said we'd lose our minds when Discord said Friendship is Magic back in KCaFO. So my guess is she's just going off the hype train of having Bulk Biceps/snowflake/Roid rage officially named.

#3 2014-01-16 08:00:42

Naki
Sup.

There was also that announcement earlier about a specific pony finally getting to speak again after a long time, which is likely Soarin' (since he is credited in this episode). I don't really mind what happens so long as they don't turn the Wonderbolts into douchebag traitors to their cause. (I'm actually just hoping they're relay referees.)

People were also speaking possibility of Gilda/Lightning Dust coming back and being a part of the Cloudsdale team.

My PERSONAL guess? This is also a Wonderbolts scouting relay. Its possible the Bolts are legitimately looking for members and using the E-games as a way to recruit new members and using it as a test run to see who they can find. Dash probably trusts her team hard core, is friends with many of them for being local but doesn't think she has a chance with them and potentially "ditches" them. This particular instance could be considered a test of "corrupted loyalty.", since we've already seen Rarity turn for a split second and the realization that she was wrong and being very ungenerous, and the fact that she realized her mistake and returned to her friends was a great test of her element and gave her which is likely the first key. This is probably RBD's key episode. In the end, she returns to the PVille team and realizes she was being very un-rainbow (cwutididthar), being given her key either by the P-ville team, or Spitfire (As Spitfire realizes she made the wrong move and returned home to where she belonged.), or even Soarin' (considering you know the poor Pie-wonderbolt has been very nonexistent and Rarity's was given to her by Coco Pebbles, so a much less seen character may be better.).

Sorry, musing. XD

#4 2014-01-16 19:12:14

Just saw a couple clips (easy enough to find through EQD or other "news" sites).
Yeesh... Glad I'm working that morning so I don't have to hear all the headcanons shattering.

That said, I'm like 95% sure this is going to be rainbow dash' test of loyalty for her rainbow power key.

#5 2014-01-17 15:23:28

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Meghan Teasing Muffins

Yeah, there is going to be a major Derpy gag scene.

Let me guess Derpy gets to join the Wonderbolts Relay team over Rainbow Dash or when Rainbow turns them down.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#6 2014-01-18 11:42:49

thepine
...I'd like to be a tree.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/muffins.html

/)^3^(\

Don't click if you have not seen the ep yet but the Tweet here made me happy.

http://thepine.deviantart.com/
If Fluttershy falls in the woods does she make a sound?
153038_safe_rainbow_2_Bdash_applejack_photo_pony.png

#7 2014-01-18 13:09:21

Luna_T_Nox
Dark Pegasus Lord

Can we start including spoilers in this thread?

Current Mood:
medium.png

#8 2014-01-18 16:27:13

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Luna_Nox wrote:

Can we start including spoilers in this thread?

I believe so. This is episode discussion so we should start discussing it.

So yeah as a warning:

spoiler2.jpg

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#9 2014-01-18 19:42:01

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Anyways a few things:

Yay, griffins. One point to Gryffindor.

DAMN YOU! YOU TEASERS! tongue

RF-Damn_Tease_zps61902a9f.png

I thought that was going to be in each case a Firefly or North Star cameo - but on closer inspection they weren't

RF-Lyra-Bon_zpsa7c34f33.png

Lyra and Bon Bon on a bench. Lyra however is sitting normally. -200 points from Gryffindor.

RF-Drift_Pony_zpsbad11bcf.png

One of these ponies is drifting. 50 style points to Slytherin.

RF-Alicorn_Lemon_zpsaccedc26.png

When did Lemon Hearts become an alicorn? There seems to be a rash of ponies becoming alicorns lately... tongue

RF-Dont_Touch_Hoof_zpsa934b516.png

"Forget it, I don't like ponies touching my hooves."
~Rainbow Dash

RF-SkyGuyra_zpsb0ea7235.png

Skyguyra? tongue

RF-Ditzy_Do_Not_Derpy_zpsc3378112.png

And yes, Ditzy Do is back - and she has a scream.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#10 2014-01-18 21:20:47

smileyssd

Captain Fireass wrote:

There was also that announcement earlier about a specific pony finally getting to speak again after a long time, which is likely Soarin' (since he is credited in this episode). I don't really mind what happens so long as they don't turn the Wonderbolts into douchebag traitors to their cause. (I'm actually just hoping they're relay referees.)

spoiler
Looks like there douchebags sad

Well IMO this was one of the best season 4 episodes (even though RD is one of my least favorite mane 6)

#11 2014-01-18 22:16:50

The Bulk Biceps incosistency of him flying fine in Hurricane Fluttershy, then being considered Wonderbolt material in Wonderbolt Academy then suddenly making him Scootaloo 2 (and stupid to boot. Everyone knows Rainbow Dash starts with a W) just took me right out of this episode.

And then the two Wonderbolt mares became colossal douchebags simply to provide Dash with an internal conflict, throwing them right under the characterization bus, and turning Rainbow's aspirations into a broken pedestal.

Not only does Dash have the raw skill to SURPASS her heroes physically, but she's also MORE emotionally AND morally mature than them.
Rainbowbolts better be the new flight team in season 5.

Kind of wish they had just put Derpy back in the background rather than have a song and dance about her non-speaking cameo.

Overall, I was pretty disappointed. And I didn't even go into this episode with any kind of expectation other than "this is Friendship is Magic. A show I like".

#12 2014-01-19 00:22:41

Naki
Sup.

Told you it was going to happen. lol.

Honestly it wasn't AS BAD as I thought it would be and I understand in big competitions like this, you generally get heated (I do too, I play Pokemon competitively and I'm guilty of everything Spitfire has done there). I'm at least glad she had the balls to admit she was being a colossal douchebag.

I did really like Soarin, btw.

#13 2014-01-19 05:46:07

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

One thing I'll add - I know it was for story purposes, but really - the only two other pegasi available for the relay team are the two weakest fliers in the town to the point that any chance of qualifying depends solely on Rainbow Dash? I'm not sure of what they're going for here since it kind of feeds Rainbow's vanity since she even notes that she is the only one on the team who really matters as she can pick up the slack for anypony. Heck, even her joining the team was probably an ego trip since it allows her to say - 'yeah, my team sucks but I'm such a god among pegasi that it doesn't even matter and I can win on my own with the massive handicap.'

MysteriousMerchPony wrote:

Rainbowbolts better be the new flight team in season 5.

How about the New Shadowbolts? tongue

tumblr_lty8ctuSGP1qincmao1_500.png

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB