Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-18 00:00:19

Dusk
Magic Researcher

Greetings! Dusk here!

Hello, everypony!  My name is Dusk and I'm new here to the forums.

I've been a fan and brony since the middle of the first season of FiM.  I've been a cartoon fan for ages, especially since Tiny Toons really hooked me.  But I never ever ever ever ever thought I'd be watching MLP.  But my best friend who knows my tastes well kept trying until I finally realized how awesome FiM was. :-)

I'm perhaps more known as "Squirrelly" online.  I'm part of a Tiny Toons fan group and someone there got me to try out a place called a "Muck."  I had to come up with a character name to sign up.  I was thinking of playing someone from Tiny Toons, but then decided to create my own original character, and thus Squirrelly was born.  Since then I've been a wizard and coder on lots of mu*s (the generic term for mucks/muds/mushes/etc.) and various groups and mailing lists, including the local Maximillian sci-fi club here.

With the arrival of FiM there then came FiM themed mu*s, and one, EquestriaMUCK, that wanted some coding help.  At first I was there as Squirrelly.  But then it seemed awkward to have a big humanoid toon squirrel there.  Maybe should turn him into a squirrel-like pony there with a busy squirrel tail?  Then I recalled I had a little-used horse character, Dusk, on another muck.  Had him there since 1994, and already a great pony name.  So in 2011 he become ponified and became a unicorn, but otherwise the same colorings and general looks, plus a cutie mark, and the new Dusk was born.  Squirrelly on there became the squirrel Dash turned down as a pet, and is now Dusk's pet instead. :-)

So I've been staff on EquestriaMUCK since 2011, and host and maintain the EquestriaMUCK.com web site for them as well.

I've been in Ohio since 2003, moved here from Michigan for work and because I had some friends here.

And finally I'm here on the Ohio Bronies group.  I don't normally do a lot of the fan stuff online.  Well there is some really good fan art and various videos out there.  But in my quest for a new roommate (which I'll get to in another post later) it was suggested I check if there are local bronies, since it would be great to find someone with similar interests.  And low and behold, Ohio Bronies right here near Columbus.  Woo hoo! :-)

So it's nice to get to meet you all and hopefully get to check out some get-togethers sometime!

Picture of Dusk

Visit Dusk on EquestriaMUCK!

#2 2015-03-18 14:16:20

Strat
Unavailable at this time

Re: Greetings! Dusk here!

Hey yo! Welcome to the forums. Im sure there will be plenty of meetups in Columbus real soon. It is spring after all!

#3 2015-03-18 18:00:57

Howdy and welcome.

I'm up closer to Toledo, but I do get down to Columbus occasionally.

#4 2015-03-18 22:09:35

Dusk
Magic Researcher

Thanks!  Yes, maybe not 100% Spring yet, but I think we're at least out of the deep-deep freeze!

And cool.  I go through Toledo when I visit family up in Michigan. :-)

#5 2015-03-19 04:16:19

Luna_T_Nox
Dark Pegasus Lord

Welcome to the' forums

Have seen any of my Silverrangs?

Current Mood:
medium.png

#6 2015-03-20 00:05:04

Dusk
Magic Researcher

Thank you as well!  And no, don't believe I've seen any Silverrangs, or sure what they are even. :-)

#7 2015-03-22 00:06:48

Luna_T_Nox
Dark Pegasus Lord

You are only the second person to react to the Silverrangs Message I place in every welcome post I give people

Current Mood:
medium.png

#8 2015-03-22 01:03:59

DerbyGirl
Should switch to DerpyGirl. Derpy is Epic.

Welcome to the forums! /)

My OCs are crazy ponehs....
aLXueo2.png?1FKDTliy.png?1
(art credit to a fellow dA'er, Cerynitian. Good times, good times. xD)

#9 2015-03-22 20:37:57

Dusk
Magic Researcher

Do I win a prize, Luna Nox? :-)  And yes I searched for the Silverrangs, but answers.

And thanks too, DerbyGirl!  (And yes, almost reflexively typed 'DerpyGirl' before caught myself!)

#10 2015-03-23 10:54:04

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

welcome sir

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#11 2015-03-24 00:01:04

Dusk
Magic Researcher

Thank you, miss!

#12 2015-03-25 23:48:22

Midimistro
One Person... One logo... Infinite possibilities

Wow. I haven't been on the forums in over 20 days and what does it bring? An old fan, but forum newbie.

Welcome!

PS1 - If you have Skype, look up my forum username and add me, then I can add you to the Skype Group.
PS2 - What type of coding do you know?

My YouTube | My Soundcloud | My deviantArt | Skype Username: Midimistro
Request, commment, rate and subscribe!
tumblr_nelqkiTUgE1sdgqyuo1_500.png
If I don't get to you within 24 hours....I will get to you.... Eventually....

#13 2015-03-26 02:24:33

Dusk
Magic Researcher

Thank you, Midimistro!  I'm pretty sure I have signed up for Skype, but have never used it so far. :-)  Only my laptop has a camera at all.

As for coding, I've taught myself quite a number.  First learned BASIC on a Tandy Color Computer right in Radio Shack.  Would go there most everyday, and the staff would save my programs and use them as demos. :-)  Eventually got my own machine.  Learned assembly/ML, C, C++, COBOL, HTML (yes a 'markup' not a language), Javascript, Java, Perl, PHP, Pascal, MUF (a multi-user variant of Fourth for programming on MUCKs), and so on. :-)  Of course I don't use a lot of them regularly, and some in not quite a while, so would be rather rusty.  Probably PHP and MUF I use the most.  Some Javascript as needed.  And of course don't really forget BASIC. :-)  I think my favorite though was C/C++.  I just loved how almost everything in it worked exactly the way I would expect it to.

#14 2015-03-28 19:01:59

SidewaysV2
neutral side-fliping transdimensional pony

lovely coding gets so complicated yet looks so wonderful... how did that song go again. all these points of data make a beautiful line

giant mech battle is now reality, USA vs Japan. WE ARE GOING MECHA! *please someone make mecha ponies soon*

#15 2015-03-30 11:51:29

Midimistro
One Person... One logo... Infinite possibilities

SidewaysV2 wrote:

lovely coding gets so complicated yet looks so wonderful... how did that song go again. all these points of data make a beautiful line

You mean:
Now, these points of data make a beautiful line. And we're out of beta, we're releasing on time!

My YouTube | My Soundcloud | My deviantArt | Skype Username: Midimistro
Request, commment, rate and subscribe!
tumblr_nelqkiTUgE1sdgqyuo1_500.png
If I don't get to you within 24 hours....I will get to you.... Eventually....

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB