Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-14 22:55:21

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Ohio Bronies Original Character Database (OBOCDB)

First off this is a really hard thread to categorize and ended up erring on the side of Fan Fiction here since this deals a lot with character back story.

Ohio Bronies Original Character Database (OBOCDB)

Canterlot_Archives_SSBW.png

What is the OBOCDB?

The OBOCDB is a database for all of the Original Characters developed by Ohio Bronies whether as a Ponysona, Fan fic Character, Random Joke Characters, Personal OCs, et cetera. The primary mission of the database is to provide a place to put and easily find information and back stories on all those OCs running about. Feel free to provide information for any OC.

A
Alex the Double Alicorn
Arcane Flame
B
Brickule
C
CM Pony
D
Django
Dream Weaver
Duct Toast
E
Eagle Hooves
Edin Burg
Ember Swift
Etheric Nocturne
F
Free Form
G
H
I
J
K
L
Lilac Iris
Lovely Nightmare
Lunar Shine (aka Nightjack)
M
Mango Melody
Midnight Flash
Midnight Jewel
N
N
O
P
Paddy Lownote
Pandamento
Pickles
Pyrite
Q
R
Racer's Edge
S
Scribbles
Sekurai Sword Skewer
Silver "Rune" Tongue
Silver Wings
Spazzy Jamz
Spinning "Spinny" Beats
Spooky Sprout
Sprocket
Stereotypischer Unterseekommandant Pony
(Lord) Stormageddon
Storm Chaser
Strat Tremolo
Summer Rose
T
Trippy Glitters
U
V
Victory Star
W
X
Y
Z

Other
REDACTED

Forum staff: Feel Free to edit this entry to maintain the index.

Last edited by Arcane Flame (2012-05-02 13:54:00)

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#2 2012-03-14 22:55:36

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Re: Ohio Bronies Original Character Database (OBOCDB)

Arcane_Flame_400x362.jpg

Name:
Arcane Flame

Pony Type:
Unicorn

Eyes:
Amber ( #fecb00 )

Coat:
Strong Lime Green ( #88aa00 )

Mane:
Grayish-greenish-whiteish ( #edfee2 ) with a pale green stripe ( #dafec6 )

Cutie Mark:
AF_Cutie_Mark.jpg
Tripartite flame over a 'infinity' symbol with six hexagram sparks floating around the flame.

Possible Meaning(s) of the Cutie Mark:
The inner flame arises out of the infinite All and both empowers and is fed by six sparks representing the Elements of Harmony. Thus when one is in perfect harmony with the universe one finds profound inner strength, knowledge, and peace.

Residence(s):
Advanced Studies Student Villa, Canterlot
Trotton Maneor, Trotton
Flame Family Estate, Hoofington

Relations with show characters:
Friends with Lyra Heartstrings (and by extension Bon Bon), Acquaintance with Twilight Sparkle.
Admirer of The Great and Powerful Trixie.

Relations with OC characters:
Lunar Shine is his current assistant.
Lunar Shine is his sister (Currently unknown to him).
Son of Nocturnal Flame, the Earl of Hoofington
Daughter of Shimming Shield, Countess of Hoofington (deceased)

Dislikes:
Large segments of Canterlot society. Pegasi.

Backstory:
Arcane Flame is a member of the Equestrian nobility and an advanced studies student at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns (CSGU) specializing in Lore and Mythology. During his time at CSGU Arcane formed a friendship with Lyra Heartstrings due to their common interest in lore and rare/probably mythical creatures such as humans. Due to Lyra's bad influence Arcane Flame sometimes sits oddly claiming that it is 'interesting'. In public Arcane tends to be a bit arrogant and overly concerned with maintaining the family honor and appearance. Outside of a few of his fellow student and a few select others (such as Lyra's marefriend Bon Bon) most ponies do not know Arcane as anything other than just another aristopony with a few weird quirks. Arcane's father is the current Earl of Hoofington, Nocturnal Flame.

Arcane Flame most notably has a bit of a bias against 'Rough and Tumble Pegasi' considering the bulk of them to be brash and empty headed morons.

Even though he hates pegasi with a passion he's hired one, Lunar Shine, as an assistant. Shine seems designed to drive him absolutely crazy with her drunken antics but he puts up with her as a favor to Lyra. Lyra asked him as a favor to Sugar Grape - and Arcane feels horrible about pulling strings to get Lyra a bridesmaid position and what happened to her during the Royal Wedding as she's a Childhood and School friend - one of his very few friends since he tends to massively alienate others by emulating Trixie and following The Great and Powerful Trixie's Guide to Appearing Almost as Great and Powerful as The Great and Powerful Trixie!: The Great and Powerful Edition as a bible due to felling of inferiority (his statue is closer to normal ponies that the taller look of some other high placed ponies).

Unbeknownst to him Lunar Shine is actually his Twin Sister:

Trotton RP wrote:

Trotton RP wrote:

Nocturnal Flame wiped away his tears and coughed, "She's my daughter."

"What?!", Dusk said as her jaw dropped.

"She is my daughter... and she is the late Countess of Hoofington's daughter as well."

"But... But.. my lord..."

"She is Shimmer's daughter and Arcane's twin sister. She had the misfortune of being born a pegasus... I don't mean it like that! A few members of the family thought having a pegasus in the family would hurt the family's reputation of being a pure line of highly magical unicorns... And with Shimmer's death, I was in no condition to challenge them. So she was spirited away to be raised by a friend of the family, Sweet Grape, who had just given birth to a foal. Lunar Flame was renamed Lunar Shine by me as a tribute to Shimmer and she was passed off as Sweet Grape's child and a twin of Sweet's real child Sugar Grape... I wish things would have gone differently but I was in no condition..."

Dusk's mind reeled as Nocturnal's voice trailed off and he stared at Lunar Shine for a few moments.

"She deserves so much more...", Nocturnal continued, "but I can't acknowledge her. This must remain secret – at the very least until I can find a way to fix it. Arcane must not know Lunar Shine is his sister, it would cause too many problems. Dusk, from now on your pay is tripled and you must never share this with anypony. I want you to stay here and to be my eyes and ears. Officially, you'll be here to keep up this Maneor house and look after it. Can I trust you?"

"Of course sir," Dusk replied softly

Magic:
As CSGU Advanced Studies student Arcane Flame is has learned a wide variety of spells (with varying degrees of success) but his specialty, like those of the other members of his family, is fire related magic.

Cutie Mark Story:
As a member of the Flame family, Arcane Flame was put through the ancient family initiation ritual as a colt and forced to stare deeply into a magical flame composed of very primal sparks of magic. Gazing upon the vastness of eternity Arcane Flame was inspired with deep awe and reverence but also heard a very particular four-part drumbeat. Following the ordeal Arcane Flame's mark appeared on his flank.

Last edited by Arcane Flame (2012-05-02 12:39:25)

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#3 2012-03-14 23:08:49

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Behold Lord Stormageddon! Dark Lord of ALL!!!
Lord_Stormageddon_sm.png

Name:
(Lord) Stormageddon

Pony Type:
Alicorn

Backstory:
The lost son of Molestia, Lord Stormageddon has a harem composed of the Mane 6 and the characters you specifically like! He reads your minds and then starts abusing and mind controlling the ponies you like to perform his every twisted pleasure while crackling gleefully! Lord Stormageddon then rolls around in piles of money taken from the helpless ponies in a tryst with Mayor Mare. Muhahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Made in Pony Creator trying to make a stereotypical bad OC (I kinda failed as he doesn't really hurt the eyes). CM is public domain storm cloud clip art.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#4 2012-03-15 02:11:27

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

FreeForm.png
Name:
Free Form

Pony Type:
Earth

Eyes:
Forest Green ( #738539 )

Coat:
Darker Golden Yellow ( #d2a528 )

Mane:
Reddish Brown ( #541109 )

Cutie Mark:
free_form_cutie_mark_by_faithlessrurouni-d4s9jlm.png
A quill pen spilling ink in a nondescript manner.

The literal expression of Free Form's desire to fabricate ideas through written and visual media regardless of his skill and ability to form complete coherence.

Residence:
Canterlot/Abroad

Reports directly to Princess Celestia regarding matters of archiving and census collection.

REDACTED

Most forms of visual and written art, sports, Wonderbolt airshows.

Dislikes:
Censorship, the monotony of archiving and census collecting, most of Canterlot's high society.

Backstory:
Free Form was born and raised within the rural outreaches of Fillydelphia and lived a relatively simple life helping his parents create the paper used in various books and scrolls throughout Equestria. After forming a solid bond with the Canterlot Archives through their continued commissions, Free Form was able to obtain a scholarship to the Canterlot Archive's School of Literature. In his time there, Free Form studied Creative Writing as well as Historical and Theological Research. However, after several years of extensive study, Free Form grew at odds with the school and its practices regarding the biased study of Equestia's roots (both historical and theological) and left. Without much to his name, Free Form still found himself skilled enough in his writing to manage obtaining a job working within the archives and census department at the school.

Cutie Mark Story:
During his time working closely with his parents, Free Form would often be found skipping out on his duties maintaining the components of the paper during its creation in order to amuse himself. In one particular incident during his young colt-hood, he became distracted by the family's pet cat and found himself playing with it a little too closely to the mixing pot for the liquid paper. In his excitement, Free Form accidentally bucked and cracked the bowl, thus spilling its contents everywhere. Once his parents found out, Free Form did his best to hide his fault by stretching the truth and fabricating an elaborate tale that would have held its own had he not come clean shortly thereafter. Though he was punished for lying, Free Form's parents celebrated his ability to form a coherent story out of what little alibi he had. With his parents praise and direction, Free Form realized that stretching the truth and creating fabrications for others enjoyment was far more entertaining than flat out lying. It was in that moment of realization that Free Form discovered the cutie mark that had suddenly appeared upon his flank.

#5 2012-03-15 03:48:19

andapanda
FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test
FluxBB bbcode test
Name:
Pandamento

Pony Type:
Earth

Eyes:
Vivid Green (#08c420)

Coat:
Light emerald greenish gray (#d2a528)

Mane:
very dark light green color [wat?] (#1b271c)

Cutie Mark:
FluxBB bbcode test
A hammock with Bamboo poles

Lives life without a care in the world.

Residence:
edge of the Everfree forest

Sometimes hangs out with Zecora to get some magic herbs

iono man

Dislikes:
Stress, Pears, Smooth Jazz

Backstory:
Born in west. . . Who cares?

Cutie Mark Story:
Even though he was the last in his class to get his Cutie Mark, He thought about how he didn't really care if he ever got his Cutie Mark. His Cutie Mark most likely appeared during the subsequent Nap that followed.

you better shrek yo self before you dreck yo self

FluxBB bbcode test

#6 2012-03-15 04:13:15

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

REDACTED2.png

Name:
REDACTED

Pony Type:
???

Eyes:
Crimson ( #662102 )

Coat:
Pearl ( #e8e8e8 )

Mane:
Golden Bronze ( #665202 )

Cutie Mark:
REDACTEDCM.jpg
A censor bar, duh.

Censor everything.

Residence:
Everywhere

Resides within the hearts of every REDACTED in Equestria.

The anti-thesis to everything REDACTED stands for.

Dislikes:
Self-expression, individualism, the sharing of ideas.

Backstory:
REDACTED comes from origins that are currently unknown based on research into the Canterlot Archives. REDACTED has emerged REDACTED times throughout the history of Equestria through means that are yet to be discovered. It is thought that REDACTED is an anomoly based on the merging of REDACTED and REDACTED in which the two caused a breach in the REDACTED (a theorized connection between our world and another, which has been REDACTED us). The emergence of REDACTED is most notably seen in records within the REDACTED that literally skip a couple of generations before continuing. Whether this is due to REDACTED's meddling, or the desire of REDACTED to banish all traces of REDACTED from history are unknown. REDACTED has been seen within our current REDACTED and several scribes and archivists are feverishly working to discover the meaning of REDACTED remergence before we're victim of a purge in our current records. 

Cutie Mark Story:
REDACTED REDACTED  REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED

#7 2012-03-15 19:49:42

AgileCharge
WHO IN THE HAY DO YOU THINK I AM?!

my_oc_pony_racers_edge_by_starcraftghost-d4s9fa8.png

Name:
Racer's Edge

Pony Type:
Pegasus

Eyes:
Light Pale Blue (#3F729D)

Coat:
Medium Green (#40B548)

Mane:
Black with a White stripe

Cutie Mark:
2nm0qrb.jpg
Cross Checkered Flags

Easy...He's a competitive spirit and never turns a challenge down

Residence:
Cloudsdale

Friend with Rainbow Dash and Vinyl Scratch, Shipping with Spitfire (Racer's Fire best shipping)

None.

Dislikes:
Losing

Backstory:
He is a classmate and 2nd fastest only to Rainbow Dash when they were at Flight school. He had a mad crush on Spitfire because he was friendzoned by Dash until one day he was chilling after a Wonderbolt's performance and she overheard him defending her with some friends and they went out on their first date that night, the rest is history. He is rather mischievous and likes to gloat when he is the best at anything mainly due to taking a backseat to Dash at school

Cutie Mark Story:
Earned it after he won his first race during flight school

My DA- http://starcraftghost.deviantart.com
BEST IN THE WORLD!

#8 2012-03-15 20:27:29

SKooKuM
Minty Clean

tumblr_lz7fm6AB1I1rprtvoo1_500.jpg

Name:
Dream Weaver

Pony Type:
Unicorn

Eyes:
Light Blue

Coat:
Black/White (pattern is called a splashed white http://greenfield.fortunecity.com/dream … lashed.htm )

Mane:
Blonde that fades to Teal at the tips with 1 crimson strip

Cutie Mark:
Crescent moon with corset stitching with a needle coming off the stitching, On a splash of crimson red

Mysterious and Creative, with a passion for sewing

Residence:
Los Pegasus

None

None

Sewing, Corsets, Night time, pulling pranks, competitions and dream magic

Dislikes:
People with no humor, being left out of activities, not being able to sew or create

Backstory:
Was born to be competitive and creative. Her mother was a seamstress and her father was a racer (true story bro). She moved away to the ever busy city that never sleeps, Los Pegasus to pursue her likes of sewing and creating interesting commodities and to escape getting into more trouble from pulling pranks and tampering with dreams.

Cutie Mark Story:
She got her cutie marks after her friends because she was never able to decide what she wanted until she met a special unicorn who revealed to her all that she was only dreaming about.

Last edited by SKooKuM (2012-03-15 20:29:19)

#9 2012-03-15 22:20:26

Jinzo
The veteran of many pretend wars

Sprocket1-1.png

Name:
Sprocket

Pony Type:
Unicorn

Eyes:
D4D4D4

Coat:
1B47A4

Mane:
Mane is shaggy and unkempt looking.

Cutie Mark:
cutie.png

It's mainly for his love of machines and technical things

Residence:
Ponyville

Friends with Twilight Sparkle (has a secret crush on her), Rainbow Dash (Maintains Tanks flying apparati). Does frequent repair work for Rarity cause of Sweetie Belle. Knows the other ponies in Ponyville as customers. The Cutie Mark Crusaders are know to frequent the shop and bug him or make them some machine.

None.

Dislikes:
Being disturbed while working. Small talk. The Flim Flam brothers.

Backstory:
Being born in Hayton he was always a different pony. Always modifying his toys or building his own. Never really cared to interact with the other Fillies and Colts in his class at school. Always loved entering the Science fairs the school had with his creations. His Alma Mater is Canterlot Institute of Technology. Socially he kinda of a wallflower and is really shy when it comes to ponies he doesn't know too well. He currently works and maintains the machines of Ponyville and runs the local Machine/Repair shop. 

Cutie Mark Story:
Entering the Science Fair at school he entered a machine that would detect gems in geodes and underground. This was no normal fair though one the judges was the Dean of C.I.T. who became impressed with this unicorns skill in building machines. After the fair in which he won his teacher called him and his parents to meet the Dean. The Dean basically told him and his parents that he would like get the young unicorn enrolled into C.I.T as his personal protégé at the school. Being overjoyed with this he didn't notice that his cutie mark formed. Stopping the young one the Dean pointed to his flank showed him he earned his cutie mark.

Last edited by Jinzo (2012-05-02 12:15:40)

sprocket_zpsecd406b8.png
"The world needs more Bronies" - John de Lancie
Twitter @JinzoDefiler

#10 2012-03-16 22:22:26

Pickles
Everything is magic...except for me!

Sorry, I'm STILL working on doing a solo/ref picture of my guy. I'm incredibly lazy and distracted as of late. I'll edit this post with his picture when I get it done XD

Name:
Pickles (Hates his name at times)

Pony Type:
Unicorn

Eyes:
Bright Green

Coat:
Aqua-Green

Mane:
White and Green striped on both his mane and tail. Mane is usually a bit ruffled.

Cutie Mark:
A pickle surrounded in a silver cloud.

Was SUPPOSED to be a silver cloud with a clear heart in the center to represent his ability to sense the emotions of others. His specially talent is Empathy, using his magic to sense how others are truly feeling.

Residence:
Ponyville

Relationship with Trixie whom he shares an adopted daughter with.

None

Drawing, Writing, staying up late, winter and long thunderstorms.

Dislikes:
Early mornings, loud annoying sounds, tomatoes

Backstory:
He was born into a normal family with a mother and father Pegasus outside of Ponyville. Grew up in an average family, and had an average childhood with nothing special to speak of. As an adult, he eventually moved to Ponyville, where he got a job at the City Archives sorting city history files and other documents. He also takes on other side jobs of helping others with there writings. After seeing Trixie’s performance and flee from Ponyville, he went looking for her. After finding her, and a lot of fighting to get her to spill the beans, he finally learned about the true girl behind the act. They returned to Ponyville together, where he helped her to face up to the rest of the town. Later, he and Trixie adopt a newborn daughter they named Stardust, who was orphaned after her mother passed away upon her birth. While being a unicorn, he actually has very little magic ability. He's not very outgoing, but once he DOES get pulled into something, he takes it with stride. Lacks confidence, but always tries his hardest and loves to try and get others to laugh.

Cutie Mark Story:
His cutie mark was purely an accident. One day while walking through town, he happened to be getting sudden floods of the emotions from other ponies. While it was forming, he had been eating a chilled pickle from one of the stands at the festival, and the thought of how delicious combined with the magical forming of his mark crossed paths, resulting in the marking on his flank (it was SUPPOSED to be a silver cloud with a clear heart outline in the center, way to go there Pickles XD)

Last edited by Pickles (2012-03-16 22:28:34)

Even should the stars stop gleaming,
Their fiery glow now fleeting,
If death itself comes my heart to take,
Never shall my promise break.

#11 2012-04-18 14:37:03

Star ★
Pony
Starshine Trotter

Now that it exists, should this be moved to the RP/OOC board?

#12 2012-04-18 14:45:25

Argembarger
Pizza hut Waffles

<------------ here you go

Fuck your pony debates
-Ghostface Killah

#13 2012-04-18 19:22:56

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Starshine wrote:

Now that it exists, should this be moved to the RP/OOC board?

Sure why not. as most OCs we've made will probably end up in RPs anyways.

If no one has any objections...

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#14 2012-04-18 20:24:10

Chibi-TrippyGlitters.png

(Sorry I don't know the neato color codes. If someone tells me how to easily find these, I will edit the post to include them. ;u;)

Name:
Trippy Glitters.

Pony Type:
Pegasus.

Eyes:
Light bluish greenish. Aqua, maybe?

Coat:
Very pale lime green, darker olive green accents.

Mane:
Yellow.

Cutie Mark:
A mushroom surrounded by two clover-esque leaves.

Trippy is a psychedelic artist. She prides herself on imagination and the wanderings her brain makes sometimes. Often, this art involves mushrooms.
Also, being a peculiar individual, she relates to the mushroom in that although she may not be as automatically pleasing as the beauty and scent of a flower, she may be even more captivating (as mushrooms are) to those who can really make sense of her and strangeness.

Residence:
Everfree Forest.

-Lives near Zecora. They exchange herbs sometimes.
-Also has a lot of interaction with Fluttershy but she is offput and sometimes frightened by Trippy's strangeness and vulgarity. Allows Trippy to play with her animals while watching carefully.
-Gets along surprisingly well with Rarity for their shared love of swag... I mean, uh, fabulousness. Trippy has had many a vivid outfit made by her.

Has been friends with Darkly Cute since they were wee fillies. <3

Mushrooms, cats, art, alternative fashion, obscenities, herbs, teas, being lazy, making others laugh.

Dislikes:
Rich ponies, carrots, physical labor, strict time schedules, waking up early, anything that bores her.

Backstory:
Trippy was born in Ponyville but relocated to the outskirts of Ponyville as soon as she could. Since she was a filly, she had always loved the woods and sleeping in treetops as opposed to clouds or beds. Trippy was an awkward filly in school and spent most of her time doodling on her work or sleeping in class. She made few friends, one of which was a young Darkly Cute.
She now spends her days lazing about in her treetop home, occasionally painting and drinking tea. Also, she enjoys her special herbs from Zecora possibly too much and too often. She makes a small amount of money selling her art and pre-mixing tea concoctions to sell but mostly wastes it all on obscure collections of trinkets and lives cheaply. She enjoys random explorations and finds socializing sometimes difficult because of her tendency towards not filtering her thoughts and being a bit vulgar.

Cutie Mark Story:
Trippy used to draw in only black and white. Pencil sketches on paper were her only skill.
One fated day, a tiny filly Trippy went into Everfree Forest with only her pencils and sketchbook to try to find some inspiration. She ended up lost for days, hungry and too weak to fly. She would flitter as high as she could and settle back to the ground. As a filly, she was quite a weak flier to begin with. In desperation, she found a patch of mushrooms that looked much like her future cutie mark, and devoured all of them. They tasted delicious and her tummy was full. Not so suddenly, she felt a bit odd. Her vision was a smeared blur and she couldn't even see her own hoof clearly. She gazed around, confused, all the colors of the forest's flora flooding her eyes and overwhelming her. But... she managed to think as she rolled around in the grass, it was... quite beautiful. She stumbled to her sketchbook and her hooves flew around the page, her eyes not even keeping up.
Darkly Cute and Trippy's parents searched for her the entire time she was missing. She was found eventually, totally passed out on the ground, all the flowers and mushrooms ripped out of the dirt around her and her hooves stained like a rainbow. Her front legs clutched her sketchbook. Every page was full of color where she had picked up all the flowers around her and smeared them into a paint-like paste to color all of her art. This was the day she had found the true beauty of color and nature and her own imagination. This was also the day she woke up drearily in a hospital bed to a mushroom on her flank. <3

#15 2012-04-19 19:56:32

edinpony
Life is an adventure!

0hSlj.png

Name:
Edin Burg

Pony Type:
Pegasus

Eyes:
Blue

Coat:
Kumera/Earl's Green

Mane:
Old Gold

Cutie Mark:
None.

Edin apparently has yet to discover any special talent or specific purpose in life. He privately suspects that the lack of a cutie mark might be his cutie mark in that he doesn't believe in purposes in life or being tied down to one thing, but that would be pretty ridiculous.

Residence:
Cloudsdale.

Is professionally acquainted with Rainbow Dash through their shared occupation, but that's about it.

None.

Weather planning (his job), talking about himself, flying to new and interesting places, having fun.

Dislikes:
Commitment, narrow-minded people.

Backstory:
Edin Burg has had a relatively ordinary life as a pegasus, growing up in Cloudsdale and taking a job as a weather pony after he finished school. Instead of actually controlling the wind and clouds, his task is to help determine what meteorological phenomenon should be manipulated when and where to produce the desired weather overall. Since this intense planning only needs to take place once every few days, he has lots of free time to explore the area and hang out with friends. Edin has always preferred the company of earth or unicorn ponies over his own kind, so he can frequently be found in one or another of the various land-bound towns near Cloudsdale. While not particularly strong or fast, his frequent explorations have left him with good stamina and an excellent knowledge of the area. Edin can be initially shy, but hard to shut up once he gets talking, and he has an insatiable thirst for adventure.

Cutie Mark Story:
Edin acts completely unconcerned about the lack of a cutie mark and happily jokes about it, but he secretly wonders what he's been doing so wrong that he doesn't have one yet.

Last edited by edinpony (2012-04-20 16:05:12)

#16 2012-04-24 08:18:04

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

http://imgur.com/a/eX7ph#bpuVf

Lilac Iris

Name: 
Lilac Iris

Pony Type: 
Earth Pony

Eyes: 
Light Purple (DC69FE)

Coat: 
Very Light Purple (FE9E9E)

Mane: 
Dark Purple ( 600072 ) with purple-grey striping ( 7C3C7B)

Cutie Mark:
A purple Iris (will one day draw an actual version)

Lilac Iris has a gift when it comes to flowers, while she is only an earth pony, others swear they grow faster and stronger when she is around. In reality she just has a green hoof and has studied flowers and plants extensively.

Residence: 
Manehatten, but now in a smaller village on the outskirts

Friendly with Aloe and Lotus, they sell her family's perfume and and Lilac provides them fresh flowers.

None.

Springtime, a relaxing day at the spa, and reading

Dislikes: 
Loud and impolite ponies who trample flowers without caring, freeloaders.

Backstory:
Lilac Iris is the daughter of some the primer perfumers in Manehatten, and in fact in all of Equestria. Growing up she always helped in her parent's shop, watching her parents create essences and combining them into perfumes, all while developing an idea of how to run a business. While still a filly she told her parents that she wanted to see where the flowers they used came from, and that summer they allowed her to go and work with their primary flower supplier who lived in a small village on the outskirts of Manehatten.

Cutie Mark Story:
When Lilac Iris arrived at the suppliers residence she was instantly taken aback. There were gardens of flowers everywhere along with several greenhouses. There were so many different species! So many colors! So many smells! She ran through the fields and greenhouses, seeing more types of flowers then she ever knew existed. During the following weeks she worked hard alongside the owner helping out in the gardens and reading in the library to learn as much as she could about learning flowers. One day after a hard days work she was laying in the fields and simply letting the scents wash over her when she saw a strange light. Her cutie mark had appreared!!! She still works at the gardens, now a full partner and not just a worker, but she does still visit her parents in Manehatten regularly.

Personality notes:
Lilac Iris has been working for most of her life, and as such she feels strongly about honest pay for honest work. At the same time this has left her as always tallying up what has been done for her, making her feel debt very easily.
Has a slight problem with alcohol, drinking to relieve the stress of owning a business , though not to berry punch levels.

P.S. Sorry about the pic size, still learning how to post pictures, in fact this is the first one I have done it smile Hooray for learning!

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-05-19 01:31:19)

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#17 2012-05-01 02:56:22

SpazzyJamz
Everyone's Favorite Hyperactive Knucklehead Brony!

Capture.png

Name:
Spazzy Jamz

Pony Type:
Unicorn

Eyes:
Blue-Green with a silver tint (H: 158, S: 58, B: 90) and glasses (H: 0, S: 0, B: 27)

Coat:
Lighter Goldenrod (H: 53, S: 73, B: 78)

Mane:
Dirty Blond (H: 60, S: 100, B: 75)

Cutie Mark:
red-winged-star-clip-art.jpg
Red Star with Wings

Dreams of music stardom

Residence:
Small house outside of Ponyville, but originally from Manehattan

Friend of Pinkie Pie

None

Personality:
Fun-loving with a light heart, Spazzy Jamz is optimistic and extroverted. He always tries to see the best in everyone, even complete strangers, and goes out of his way to try and help anyone in need. Spazzy is prideful in himself, so it takes quite a bit of courage to ask someone else for help. He also does this in fear of being a burden to the others. He has a terrible tendency to act faster than his mind works. This causes him to undertake more than he can handle or land him into some sort of trouble. He always enjoys the company of others and you can find him singing on Sugar Cube Corner with his guitar on his days off from work.

Playing guitar, singing, reading, video games, watching movies, parties, writing songs, and making friends

Dislikes:
Being alone, writer's block, spiders

Backstory:
Had a happy life as a child, despite growing up in a single-parent home. He always dreamed of becoming a famous singer/songwriter and while growing up, learned to play as many instruments as possible. After his first performance (see Cutie Mark Story), left his home to chase his dream, and found himself living in a small house on the outskirts of Ponyville and working at the record store. Spazzy became good friends with Pinkie Pie shortly after his arrival to Ponyville, and has developed a romantic interest in the new assistant at Rarity's boutique. Despite everything, he's still determined to make his mark as a singer/songwriter and won't stop trying until he makes it big.

Cutie Mark Story:
While he was younger, Spazzy performed at an open mic in a Manehattan coffee shop. Despite his stage fright, he won the crowd over with his song. The sound of the crowd cheering made something click in his brain. That's when he decided that the only thing he could ever want to be was a big name singer/songwriter. His Cutie Mark appeared just as he walked off stage...

Last edited by SpazzyJamz (2012-06-14 19:28:15)

Facebook: (facebook.com/thespazman), PS3: (Captain_Spazzy), Twitter: (@ThatSpazzyKid)
You should add me! big_smile
^_^ Happily Taken ^_^
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-party-hardest.gif

#18 2012-05-01 22:23:36

AgileCharge
WHO IN THE HAY DO YOU THINK I AM?!

cm_pony_best_in_the_world__by_starcraftghost-d4ycxmm.png

Name:
CM Pony

Pony Type:
Earth

Backstory:
CM Pony is the BEST IN THE WORLD...at what nobody knows

CM Pony is based off the WWE wrestler CM Punk

My DA- http://starcraftghost.deviantart.com
BEST IN THE WORLD!

#19 2012-05-01 22:35:12

Brickule

I have more than one OC, is that OK?

#20 2012-05-02 09:29:55

edinpony
Life is an adventure!

Brickule wrote:

This is just a database, so I'm sure it's fine. Describe ALL the OCs!

#21 2012-05-02 10:19:25

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Brickule wrote:

Absolutely.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#22 2012-05-02 13:40:23

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Lunar_Shine.png

Name:
Lunar Shine
aka: Nightjack

Pony Type:
Pegasus

Eyes:
Light Amber ( #adb563 )

Coat:
Dark Grey ( #5b6a7a )

Mane:
Midnight Blue ( #18186f ) with Crimson stripes ( #db133b )

Cutie Mark:
NightJackCM.png
A Crescent Moon and a Jack of Spades

The possible true meaning of Lunar Shine's mark is that she was meant to be a guardian of the night. Probably she would have a member of the Lunar Guard had Poison Joke not interfered the thus the moon and the Jack of Spades playing on the original designation of Knave/Servant which was also known as a 'jack' and the spades/swords connected with weaponry and conflict.

On the other had having no memory of how she got her mark besides believing she was drunk, Shine takes it to believe she has wild nights. Here the connection the Jack gained with the archetype of the trickster 'Jack'.

Residence(s):
Ponyville.
Trotton Maneor, Trotton.

'Sister' of Sugar Grape (Blind Bag Character - adopted into family - currently unknown to her)
Partied often with Berry Punch and Pinkie Pie.

Lunar Shine is Arcane Flames current assistant.
Sister of Arcane Flame (Currently unknown to her and Arcane)
Daughter of Nocturnal Flame & Shimmering Shield (deceased) (Currently unknown to her and Arcane)

Alcohol (preferences Cider & Whiskey), Bananas, the Night.

Dislikes:
Stuck-up ponies.

Backstory:
Lunar Shine has an attention seeking steak since all the praise was centered on her sister, Sugar Grape, and all her accomplishments which she didn't match and as only an average flyer she never really excelled elsewhere. Despite her actions she is actually smarter than she lets on and smarter than she herself believes that she is due to always feeling dumb when not living up to her Parent's high expectations. She has been know to get extremely drunk from time to time and has gained a bit of a bad reputation from her antics around Ponyville. Such as famously getting drunk, putting on a crown made out of cider bottles, mounting the Ponyville town statue of Princess Celestia, and slurring out the notes of Octavia's 'Flight of the Pegasi' over and over again until she passed out

Currently unknown to her and Arcane Flame they are actually twins:

Trotton RP wrote:

Nocturnal Flame wiped away his tears and coughed, "She's my daughter."

"What?!", Dusk said as her jaw dropped.

"She is my daughter... and she is the late Countess of Hoofington's daughter as well."

"But... But.. my lord..."

"She is Shimmer's daughter and Arcane's twin sister. She had the misfortune of being born a pegasus... I don't mean it like that! A few members of the family thought having a pegasus in the family would hurt the family's reputation of being a pure line of highly magical unicorns... And with Shimmer's death, I was in no condition to challenge them. So she was spirited away to be raised by a friend of the family, Sweet Grape, who had just given birth to a foal. Lunar Flame was renamed Lunar Shine by me as a tribute to Shimmer and she was passed off as Sweet Grape's child and a twin of Sweet's real child Sugar Grape... I wish things would have gone differently but I was in no condition..."

Dusk's mind reeled as Nocturnal's voice trailed off and he stared at Lunar Shine for a few moments.

"She deserves so much more...", Nocturnal continued, "but I can't acknowledge her. This must remain secret – at the very least until I can find a way to fix it. Arcane must not know Lunar Shine is his sister, it would cause too many problems. Dusk, from now on your pay is tripled and you must never share this with anypony. I want you to stay here and to be my eyes and ears. Officially, you'll be here to keep up this Maneor house and look after it. Can I trust you?"

"Of course sir," Dusk replied softly

Cutie Mark Story:
As a filly one Nightmare Night Lunar Shine (who was dressed as Nightmare Moon) wandered into the Everfree Forest after being bored and being fool-hearty she came across another filly (possibly Bon Bon) who wandered into the forest after being teased was being chased by Timber Wolves. Shine swooped in grabbed the filly and saved her, later also evading and outsmarting a cockatrice using her reflective costume armor turning the cockatrice itself to stone.

Lunar Shine's Cutie Mark then appeared a Crescent Moon and a Jack of Spades. She found her calling as a guardian of the night and had things gone normally Lunar Shine would have eventually become a distinguished member of the Lunar Guards. But... The Everfree had the last laugh as she with the injured filly on her back walked through a patch of Poison Joke. Lunar Shine upon exiting the forest left the filly at the Nightmare Moon statue where the filly was later found (poison joke had healed her and she thought the events were a dream) and the Poison Joke began taking effect on Lunar Shine herself erasing her memory of the entire night and giving her the physical effects of being extremely drunk on cider. Everypony assumes she just got into cider and got drunk and her cutie mark is about having a wild night (playing on the double meaning of the Jack as both the original Knave (a servant of Royalty/Nobility) and the Jack, which knaves were also called, but connected them to the 'Jack' trickster figures). Besides her distress at not being like her sister she thinks her destiny is to be a party girl which doesn't help things.

Additional info: Because it intersects with the dual nature of her cutie mark, Lunar Shine is capable of some amazing feats while drunk.

Quick Note: Lunar Shine's design, nickname, and cutie mark are a bit of a homage to Blackjack from Somber's Project Horizons. She was partly inspired by (pre-ungodly tons of suffering) Blackjack (along with a few other characters like Jack Sparrow from The Pirates of the Caribbean series and Jack Stiles from Jack of All Trades) and has of course been spinning out as a rather radically different mare but thought I should acknowledge a primary source of inspiration. She's primary designed to counterbalance Arcane Flame and drive him to near insanity with the antics.

banana.gif

Last edited by Arcane Flame (2012-05-12 14:52:28)

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#23 2012-05-02 17:31:27

Name: Victory Star
A.k.a. : Vicky, Vic.

Pony type: Pegasus

Eyes: Red (Self-discript, "Firetruck")
Maine: Blonde
Coat: White

Cutiemark: ♦♦♦
Three yellow diamonds in a vertical line.

Possible meaning(s) of cutiemark:
His mother once told him he would bring hope to the hopeless, guiding the lost and broken to victory. But that's silly! >,< Victory represents good luck, but only to good ponies! He certainly doesn't win EVERYTHING, But he barely tries at what he does! (\ >,0

There was a point when it did mean victory, however that led to greed and that was cast from his heart in an unrelated story you don't need to know to get him. He's unaware of it anyway.
Relations with show charicters:
He's been to ponyville once! ...Pinkie startled him and he flew off.
Relationships with OC(s)
Adventure "Ven" Star
(Father)

Likes: Seeing new places, Helping ponies, and the color orange. He is also rather fond of beaches, and anything that floats.

Dislikes: Mustard, enclosed spaces.

Backstory: Victory Star grew up in the care of his mother. At a young age, his mother's heart gave out, leaving poor Vicky to fend for, and raise himself. Spending most of his childhood wandering Equestria, Victory stumbled upon a beautiful city known as Canterlot. Being small, he could easly get to anything that tickled his fancy: bakeries, toy stores, anything! You name it. He got it. He had no parents, no rules, and nopony who could stop him from doing whatever he wanted. Eventually, after seeing Canterlot Castle's beautiful architecture from afar for so long, Victory grew curious. He ventured deep into it's halls without a single guard noticing him.

He was awestruck at the sight of the beautiful statues and paintings. Suddenly, two managed to catch his eye. One was a statue of a beautiful mare, with a cutie mark he later described as "This thing! › ♦♦♦."  It struck with a familiar aura.
Another was a bold painting of a Pegasus who closely resembled Victory. The plaque beneath said simply "Sir Adventure Star 1976- ____"
Victory's heart nearly skipped a beat. Suddenly he wasn't just a free spirit, he was a colt with a purpose! "That stallion must be my father!" O,0
And so he set out to find his dad...

Though often careless and easly found off task, Victory is a very trusting and trust WORTHY pony, making him easy to take advantage of. Some would say he's extremely lucky. Other's belive he has a gift.
He says... Supsup? >,0/)

Cutiemark story:
Inherented from his mother, Victory is unable to recall it showing up. To him it just did. It's appearance was due to skillfully evading a swarm of Canterlot Guards after breaking a window into the Princess's quarters. His escape was swift and narrow, but he hardly broke a sweat. Coincidentally, he also avoids flying when unnecessary, for fear of flying too low from this day onward.

Last edited by Victory Star ♦♦♦ (2012-05-23 20:28:33)

Supsup?
"Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel."

#24 2012-05-17 22:42:36

eaglehooves
Procrastinating with ponies, again.

Name: Eagle Hooves (Or just 'Eagle')

(Picture available in avatar or ponysona thread)

Pony Type: Pegasus

Coat: Tan

Mane/tail: Dark Green

Cutiemark: Red/White/Blue Fleur-de-lis (Comes from being highly loyal, although his family is pretty sure the shape has something to do with how fancy he thinks he is)

Backstory: Eagle doesn't exactly know what he's doing. Coming from a family of earth ponies and unicorns, he's had minimal training with flying and clouds, and it shows. Lots of crash landings and more than a few misplaced storms since he set out on his own and moved to Cloudsdale. Undeterred and much to Cloudsdale's dismay, he hasn't given up yet and continues to practice. He's loyal, persistent, curious, and just little shy.

Likes: Big cities, close friends, Wonderbolt shows (what pegasus doesn't?)

Dislikes: Getting his hooves dirty, finishing his alfalfa, violence (In that order)

Relations with other characters: Familiarity with Dash and Wonderbolts from them passing through Cloudsdale, doesn't know them personally.

(Kinda a work in progress. Expect things to change as a write myself a better/interesting backstory. Need something to jump into the roll to pony pony with for now)

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-hard-at-work1.jpg
Random journals and the occasional post -> http://eaglehooves.deviantart.com/
Also now on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040248536
Do ponies really even read signatures?

#25 2012-06-11 23:09:10

chaoticpix93
This Space Left Unintentionally Blank

Didn't know this thread existed.... >.>

Scribbles.png

Name:
Scribbles

Pony Type:
Unicorn

Eyes:
Dark Blue

Coat:
Light blue that almost looks white

Mane/Tail:
Yellow

Cutie Mark:
Still working on that one... >.> (Special talent is journalism but I can't for the life of me figure out how to show that... >.<)

Residences:
Above the offices of Ponyville Times (canon! HAHAHAHA)

Relation to Show Characters:
Derpy is an aquaintence, Dinky her daughter delivers the newspapers to help pay for the damages her mom does on the town. Tough kid.
Was banned from being in the same room as Pinkie Pie after an explsion of giddiness that overtook the both of them and just escalated out of control.

Relation to OC:
I don't know any more/have anymore.

Writing articles (and sometimes mixes up both... causing troubles!)
Feigning being dramatic
Coffee
Afternoon naps
Doughnuts
Apple Cider

Dislikes:
Getting up early
Late editions
Not having a notebook and quill nearby

Backstory:
Originally growing up would daydream and write stories in school. She did such and found she liked the whole journalism process and decided that Ponyville needed a newspaper. She'd create one when she grew up. 10 years later, she started writing actual news articles and stories in what she called the Ponyville Times. Until there was a dry spell on her hands and she started writing stories about the people in the town, passing them as truth. That's when she found out that it was FUN. And she started finding out real stuff about people. This caused her to get banned with Spike (This was right after his birthday episode) to roam around for a year. And then she was allowed to come back under the stern reminder to don't mix the truth and lies. Especially after what happened at her Alma Mater.

Magic:
Mostly dealing with writing. On scrolls, using this complex printing machine she created that prints several copies at once.

Cutie Mark story:

Pretty much after writing those essays and discovering a whole new world of people wanting to read stuff she gets her cutie mark. :D (However, I dont' know what it is/how to draw it... LOL I thought two crossed pens but that don't work. Maybe an open newspaper? OOO that would work!)

Last edited by chaoticpix93 (2012-06-11 23:15:20)

This Space for Sale!

My DeviantArt

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB