Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-24 08:43:46

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Roll to Pony (again): Let's see what happens...

Hello and Welcome everypony to another game of Roll to Doge Pony Roleplaying! Since Argembarger's game has filled up, I am seeing if there is enough interest to start a second game. Can't say I've ever done much like this, but let's do it. For the most part (by that I mean everypart) I will be copying Argembarger's rules which are....

Argembarger wrote:

It works in rounds. During each round, everyone posts what it is they're doing. That's it. Then I roll a dice for everyone to see how you did.
Please make an attempt to post once per day. I will move the game along at my own convenience, probably at some point in the evening. If I see everyone has submitted their turn early, I will try to compile the turn early. If it has been a while and someone has not submitted a turn, I take control, most likely making you do nothing.
Some versions of RTD are reasonable. The one I enjoy the most is not.
Results table:
1: Crippling failure. Not only did you not succeed at what you were doing, but some other unfortunate side-effects occurred! ooooooh
2: Failure. You didn't succeed at what you were doing at all.
3: Meager failure. You very nearly succeeded, but you didn't. Them's the breaks.
4: Meager success. You barely scratched your way through whatever it was you were doing.
5: Success. Good job! You made your momma proud.
6: Intense Success. You so completely dominated whatever it was you were doing that no one can possibly predict what will happen now. It could be spectacular or terrible. But it will almost certainly be hilarious.
All of that handles all of the uncontested checks. If you try to do something that is opposed, such as combat, or stealing from someone, or anything that involves some other living thing that might not want you to do it, then I simply roll dice for both of you and decide who wins.
Anything you do that would require even a little bit of concentration or effort requires a roll. Casual speech and normal movement does not require a roll, for instance. Trying to improvise a poem on the spot requires a roll, as does dancing.
Physics is altogether questionable, but is still somewhat in place. For instance, unless you're a pegasus or know a flying spell, you can never fly, no matter how high you roll. Etc.
========CHARACTER CREATION========
Simply post the following.
Name: what yer name is
Race: Earth Pony, Unicorn, Pegasus.
Cutie Mark: What it is, and what your special talent is. Can/May provide bonuses. My discretion.
Description: Whachoo look-a like. Personality. Roleplaying crap.

========OTHER THINGS TO KNOW========
Race matters.
Pegasus: y'all can fly. Normal flight doesn't require a roll.
Unicorn: Telekinesis. Range: within reason, I decide what's 'reasonable'. You can let yourself have some other kind of magic, if you make it your cutie mark. If it's overpowered, I'll make it /very/ easy to fail. Twilight fucks spells up all the time.
Earth Pony: y'all are dependable. Y'all have a 33% chance for +1 on your roll. If y'all get a +1, y'all don't have to worry about negative effects from rolling a 6.
Cutie mark matters.
Mary Sue bullshit at your own risk. If you are better at something than the Elements of Harmony, expect me to fuck with you mercilessly.
Last but not least, everything is decided by me. I don't have time to entertain appeals and arguments. If you want a serious game, go play something else.
Roll to Dodge is primarily for laughs.

=======================================================================================

Now then: I'm looking for 4 ponies to start this up
I will take up to 6 ponies total to start, but may allow others to be added later if I feel I can handle it.
willing to make it a little more complex if the RPer's request it, maybe add a stat/flaw or something.

Well here we go, the First round will begin when 4 brave equestrians have stepped forward!

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#2 2012-04-24 09:41:29

edinpony
Life is an adventure!

Re: Roll to Pony (again): Let's see what happens...

Can I roll to pony twice? Or is that TOO MUCH PONY??

Edit: Actually, what I should probably do is wait for everyone else who isn't in the other game to join, and then re-ask this question if there are still any open slots. So just ignore me for the moment.

Last edited by edinpony (2012-04-24 09:49:14)

#3 2012-04-24 09:49:54

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Give people not involved in the first one until 10:00 pm EST (an hour or so before I get off work and would be able to write the first round starter), if there is open spots left I will add you in and the others in the first game are welcome to join! Feel free to post or PM me your second pony (if you are in Am's game) so I can add them if there is a spot.

Thanks for asking, I knew I was forgetting something

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-04-24 10:53:10)

Normal is boring.

#4 2012-04-24 10:01:27

Ahuizotl
Crusader

Name: Dance Fever
Male Earth Pony
Cutie Mark: Disco Ball
Physical Description: White coat, brown mane slicked back. Short tail.
A disco dancer pony. just an ordinary pony by day...but on the dance floor he is king. Prone to delinquency.

(Also enjoy my horrible puns: John Tracolta starring as Pony Manero in Saturday Neight Fever)

#5 2012-04-24 23:44:01

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Well I feel enough time has elapsed for people. People from the first RP are now free to join in! I am however reserving 2 spots for 2 ponies who expressed interest in the First game but were unable to join, so I will be taking 3 more lucky adventurers smile

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-04-24 23:52:18)

Normal is boring.

#6 2012-04-25 09:52:00

edinpony
Life is an adventure!

I'll join in then! Arcane Flame made me a glorious OC here, so I'll RP as him.

Name: Cupcakeity
Male Earth Pony
Cutie Mark: Sapphire Cupcake
Physical Description: Looks like Rarity
Cupcakeity's special talent is baking cupcakes. All kinds of cupcakes, made from all kinds of sources. My goal is to turn Rarity into a cupcake.

#7 2012-04-25 09:58:13

Count me in! O,0
Name: Victory Star
Male Pegasus
Cutiemark: ♦♦♦
Physical description:
A white Pegasus who is extremely lucky. He is often spacey and careless, but chances are He can pull through any obstacle.

Supsup?
"Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel."

#8 2012-04-25 10:00:37

My goal is to deliver my Amazon package. :3

Supsup?

#9 2012-04-25 11:33:53

redcladhero
Nurse Pony and Professional Colour

Guess I'll also join in this one for funsies.

Name: Supernova Smash (usually goes by Silly Frilly)
Male Unicorn Pony
Cutie Mark: a frilly pink dress
Physical Description: White coat, blonde mane, a bit like Prince Blueblood overall (in appearance only).  Features are somewhat feminine and are easily disguised as such.

Frilly (as he likes to be called) has a special talent for fashion design and makeup application, and likes to dress up as a mare.  Most ponies are unable to tell that he is in fact a colt.  Was born and raised to a family of masked wrestling ponies (thus his true name), and knows a few good moves, but usually detests fighting and will only use it as a last resort.

Last edited by redcladhero (2012-04-25 11:34:47)

#10 2012-04-25 14:34:50

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Current Players List
(7/7 Current players active) (0 spots open, except for those emailed)

Player:Ahuizotl

Name: Dance Fever
Male Earth Pony
Cutie Mark: Disco Ball
Physical Description: White coat, brown mane slicked back. Short tail.
A disco dancer pony. just an ordinary pony by day...but on the dance floor he is king. Prone to delinquency.
(Also enjoy my horrible puns: John Tracolta starring as Pony Manero in Saturday Neight Fever)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player: edinpony

Name: Cupcakeity
Male Earth Pony
Cutie Mark: Sapphire Cupcake
Physical Description: Looks like Rarity
Cupcakeity's special talent is baking cupcakes. All kinds of cupcakes, made from all kinds of sources. My goal is to turn Rarity into a cupcake.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player: Victory Star

Name: Victory Star
Male Pegasus
Cutiemark: ♦♦♦
Physical description:
A white Pegasus who is extremely lucky. He is often spacey and careless, but chances are He can pull through any obstacle.
My goal is to deliver my Amazon package. :3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player: redcladhero

Name: Supernova Smash (usually goes by Silly Frilly)
Male Unicorn Pony
Cutie Mark: a frilly pink dress
Physical Description: White coat, blonde mane, a bit like Prince Blueblood overall (in appearance only).  Features are somewhat feminine and are easily disguised as such.
Frilly (as he likes to be called) has a special talent for fashion design and makeup application, and likes to dress up as a mare.  Most ponies are unable to tell that he is in fact a colt.  Was born and raised to a family of masked wrestling ponies (thus his true name), and knows a few good moves, but usually detests fighting and will only use it as a last resort.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player: Arcane Flame

Name: Lunar Shine aka 'Nightjack'
Female Pegasus
Crescent Moon and a Jack of Spades
Physical Description: Dark Grey coat, Crimson & Midnight Blue striped mane, pale amber eyes.
Personality: 'Jack'-type character, lazy, heavy drinker - often very drunk, has sister issues, thinks her special talent is having wild times when it's actually protecting other ponies.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player: Brickule

Name: Stereotypischer Unterseekommandant Pony (UnterseePony for short)
Sex: Male Unicorn
Cutie Mark: Nautical Sextant and a Spy glass. (Very good at navigating without a map)
Physical Description: Pure White coat, with a dark brown mane and tail. Mane is styled in a smooth well kept manner, He also has a beard (not a long dwarf beard, just a beard). He has a little more physical strength compared to normal ponies.
Personality: Thinks he is better than everypony else, and is very sure of his abilities. Loves going to pubs and sampling the local booze (once met Trixie in a tavern and had "fun" as they were both stuck up and rude they got along quite well)
Personal Belongings: He is wearing a black leather trench-coat, and a Naval Officer hat. He has a wooden smoking pipe with carvings of old sailing ships on the sides. And also under the coat a belt that has a large sheathed knife.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player: Agile Charge

Name: Agile Charge
Sex:Male Earth Pony
Cutie Mark: Hand holding lightning bolt, with stars on each side
Physical Description: White coat, black and red mane. Short tail.
A Pony obsessed with following Equestria Wide Wrestling (EWW) He believes he is the best, but at what he doesn't know.

ROUND 0
ROUND 1
ROUND 2
ROUND 3
ROUND 4
ROUND 5
ROUND 6
ROUND 7
ROUND 8
ROUND 9
ROUND 10

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-05-10 11:00:32)

Normal is boring.

#11 2012-04-25 14:39:43

/)«O,0›\
Why am I so exited!?!

Supsup?

#12 2012-04-25 14:44:06

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Round 0
And so it all begins

It is a bright summer morning in Equestria and The Friendship express has just pulled into the station in Canterlot from Ponyville. The Royal wedding was several months ago and things have returned to normal. As the train pulls up there are many royal guards waiting at the station for the disembarking passengers.

DANCE FEVER

You are in one of the UPPER BUNKS of the SLEEPER CAR and are awakened when the train comes to a stop. You hear the QUIET MURMURINGS of ponies below

CUPCAKEITY

You are in the DINING CAR enjoying a quick breakfast before you depart. As the train pulls into the station you see all the GUARDS through the window.

VICTORY STAR

You are in the PASSANGER CAR anxious for the train to stop, all you want to do it GET OFF the train to DELIVER your AMAZON PACKAGE.

SILLY FRILLY

You are in the BATHROOM getting yourself ready for your stay in CANTERLOT as you feel the train begin to slow beneath your hooves.

/* CURRENT STATUS ////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Player:Ahuizotl
// Name:Dance Fever
// Race: Earth Pony
// Health: 10/10
// Inventory: Nothing (0)
// Status: Normal
//--------------------------------------------------------
// 
// Player:edinpony
// Name: Cupcakeity
// Health 10/10
// Inventory: Copy of Raricake recipe (1)
//
// Player:Victory Star
// Name: Victory Star
// Race: Pegasus
// Inventory: Package (1)
//
// Player:redcladhero
// Name: Silly Frilly (Supernova Smash)
// Race: Unicorn Pony
// Health: 11/11
// Inventory: Eyeliner
// Status: Normal/In drag
//========================================================

Please submit your ACTIONS within a reasonable TIMEFRAME and the SYSTEM will compile the RESULTS at an UNSPECIFIED TIME

NEW PLAYERS may sign up at ANY TIME

REMINDER: TALKING is a FREE ACTION, but PLEASE make it OBVIOUS to the SYSTEM what your ACTION is if there is a LOT OF TALKING happening.

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-04-25 14:52:54)

Normal is boring.

#13 2012-04-25 14:59:41

"Ladada... singing my package holding song... dada!~♪" O,0
*Victory attempts to EXIT the train*

Last edited by Victory Star ♦♦♦ (2012-04-25 15:19:18)

Supsup?

#14 2012-04-25 15:06:00

Ahuizotl
Crusader

I CLIMB DOWN from my bunk to look around at the noise and attempt to LISTEN TO WHAT THE MAGIC TALKING HORSES ARE SAYING.

Last edited by Ahuizotl (2012-04-25 15:16:31)

#15 2012-04-25 15:35:08

redcladhero

Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh, today is the big day!  Frilly will be showing off all of his greatest designs to the richest ponies in Canterlot.  He quickly finishes applying his makeup, gathers up his things, and ATTEMPTS TO EXIT THE TRAIN IN THE MOST GRACEFUL AND DIGNIFIED WAY POSSIBLE.

#16 2012-04-25 17:21:43

edinpony
Life is an adventure!

The cupcakes on this train were most excellent. I need to collect some for...samples. Obviously for my completely legitimately scientific and not at all stemming from an obsession with cupcakes research I must gather as large a sample size as possible. I attempt to SURREPTITIOUSLY STEAL ALL THE LEFTOVER CUPCAKES IN THE DINING CAR

#17 2012-04-25 23:05:12

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

ROUND 1

"Pieces in motion tend to stay in motion"

VICTORY STAR

< EXIT the train

<Result= 5 (Success)

You continue to sing your jaunty delivery tune as you make your way down the aisle. You begin to contemplate why they call it an aisle, and in turn begin to write an “aisle walking song”

♪ ♪ dododo.. walking down an aisle… dedede… seats on both sides… ♪ ♪ ♪

As you come back to reality, you are standing at the EXIT to the train, you see the other passengers forming into lines and shuffling forward as they are checked over by a unicorn guard and then allowed to pass through. As you survey the scene you can’t help but wonder…

“Does a turtle’s shell grow with its body, or does it have to find a new one that fits as it gets older?”

DANCE FEVER

< CLIMB DOWN

< Result = 1 (Crippling Failure)

Curiosity getting the best of you and knowing that you will need to get off of the train soon anyways. You turn and begin to descend from the bunk rump first.

However, your back right hoof becomes tangled in your blanket, and in your struggle to free it you unbalance yourself and go tumbling over and land on the ground.

The rest of the blanket falls over you like a net, causing you to panic and start thrashing about in your confines, managing to kick yourself several times.

Finally you are able to free yourself.

[[HEALTH -1]]

<Listen in on conversation

< Result = 2 (Failure)

As you finally escape from your fabric prison. You look around your car, and you see two mares standing and staring dumbfounded at you. You grin sheepishly as your face turns red as a ripe apple while the mares walk out giggling to themselves.

DANCE FEVER is EMBARRASSED and BRUISED, but ready to keep going.

SILLY FRILLY

< Exit the train while staying classy

< Result= 2 (Failure)

You take one last look in the mirror and then turn and exit the RESTROOM.

Your makeup is perfect, your dress divine, your shoes the epitome of super fabulousity!! Today is turning out to be a great day.

About halfway to the EXIT you feel a rumbling in your lower stomach and like a true mare of class you hold it in and look all around, luckily seeing nopony in sight.

You proceed to let out a very unladylike noise from a very unladylike place. As you sigh in relief two young colts peek their heads over a bench near the front of the car. They look at you wide-eyed, then at each other, and begin to LAUGH THEIR LITTLE PONY BUTTS OFF!!

You try to regain your composure as you walk forward pass them and out of the train, the colts laughter and the sound of them imitating you still ringing in your ears.

AS you EXIT the Train you see the other ponies standing in a SINGLE FILE LINE and being INSPECTED.

CUPCAKEITY

<Steal ALL the cupcakes!

< Result = 3 (Meager Failure)

Knowing that having all of these CUPCAKES and learning the secrets that they hold could aid in your TOTALLY LEGITIMATE RESEARCH

You lay out a TABLECLOTH on the ground and begin to pile as many CUPCAKES as possible into it and tie it off into a bundle.

As you pick up the CUPCAKE BUNDLE you hear the DOOR on the far end of the car begin to open.

You PANIC, drop you bundle of sweet, sugary, research material, run to the opposite end of the DINING CAR, and hide under a TABLE as you hearing hoofstepss moving in YOUR DIRECTION.

LUNAR SHINE

You WAKE up in the BAGGAGE CAR of the train, laying on top of an open crate of STETSON HATS. There are several empty CIDER MUGS on the floor and not a memory of the last 12 hours in your head.

It takes you a few minutes, but you finally realize.... you are on a train, and the train has stopped...

/* CURRENT STATUS ////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Player:Ahuizotl
// Name:Dance Fever
// Health: 9/10
// Inventory: Nothing (0)
// Status: Damaged Pride
// 
// Player:edinpony
// Name: Cupcakeity
// Health 10/10
// Inventory: Copy of raricake recipe (1)
//
// Player:Victory Star
// Name: Victory Star
// Inventory: Package (1)
//
// Player:redcladhero
// Name: Silly Frilly (Supernova Smash)
// Race: Unicorn Pony
// Health: 11/11
// Inventory: Eyeliner
// Status: Normal/In Drag
//---------------------------------------------------------
//
// Player:Arcane Flame
// Name: Lunar Shine
// Health: 9/9
// Inventory: Banana (1) 
// Status: Hungover

Please submit your ACTIONS within a reasonable TIMEFRAME and the SYSTEM will
compile the RESULTS at an UNSPECIFIED TIME

NEW PLAYERS may sign up at ANY TIME

REMINDER: TALKING is a FREE ACTION, but PLEASE make it OBVIOUS to the SYSTEM what
your ACTION is if there is a LOT OF TALKING happening.

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-04-25 23:38:14)

Normal is boring.

#18 2012-04-25 23:13:22

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

OOC: I'll Join in with the current version of Lunar Shine since she's probably going to be the final version anyways - and she is a silly pony.

Name: Lunar Shine aka 'Nightjack'
Female Pegasus
Crescent Moon and a Jack of Spades
Physical Description: Dark Grey coat, Crimson & Midnight Blue striped mane, pale amber eyes.
Personality: 'Jack'-type character, lazy, heavy drinker - often very drunk, has sister issues, thinks her special talent is having wild times when it's actually protecting other ponies.

Last edited by Arcane Flame (2012-04-25 23:27:22)

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#19 2012-04-25 23:40:41

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Arcane,

I added Lunar Shine into the previous round since you added in only 10 minutes after it was posted, have fun and enjoy smile

Normal is boring.

#20 2012-04-25 23:41:59

*Victory fails to realize he is annoying others in line with his line waiting song*
"Hey GUARD! Can I ASK YOU a couple of questions?" O.0
*The GUARD is offset by how akward conversation with somepony you're frisking for dangerous items is*
"Do you know anything about turtles, this PACKAGE, or how to stick spoons to your face?" O,0

Supsup?

#21 2012-04-25 23:49:51

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Lunar Shine looks around and groans 'Merh... Did I hang out with that Doctor guy again?'

LUNAR SHINE ATTEMPTS TO WEAR A STETSON HAT

Last edited by Arcane Flame (2012-04-25 23:50:15)

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#22 2012-04-25 23:56:39

Ahuizotl
Crusader

I LEAVE the room EXTREMELY EMBARRASSED, attempting to AVOID those mares who witnessed my failure. I breath a sigh of shame, attempting to REGAIN MY COMPOSURE as I move out of the cabin.

#23 2012-04-26 13:42:33

redcladhero

Well, I certainly hope those colts weren't anypony important, Frilly thinks to himself.  As he regains composure and exits the train, he FLIRTS WITH THE GUARDS, hoping they will allow him to pass unhindered.

#24 2012-04-26 17:15:41

Brickule

Do y'all have room for me?

#25 2012-04-26 17:51:38

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

SURE!!! JOIN THE INSANITY BRICK!!! (\030/)

Normal is boring.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB