Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-01 03:00:05

SpazzyJamz
Everyone's Favorite Hyperactive Knucklehead Brony!

So lost with the RPing T_T

I haven't RP'd for a looong time. Everything's kinda fuzzy to me, lol. I made my OOC profile in the Database, so where do I go from here?

Facebook: (facebook.com/thespazman), PS3: (Captain_Spazzy), Twitter: (@ThatSpazzyKid)
You should add me! big_smile
^_^ Happily Taken ^_^
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-party-hardest.gif

#2 2012-05-01 21:04:26

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: So lost with the RPing T_T

hmmmm, first look at the ones that Argem and I are doing, and I think Arcane flame will be starting a free form RP soon, I am sure the RP board will grow smile

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#3 2012-05-02 11:07:45

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Well for the Free Form skim over This thread for right now.

I'll probably have something better written out this evening but the main rules as always is:
1. Have fun.
2. Don't be a dick.
3. Use common sense.

Pulling out stuff from old NS FAQ (didn't save many FAQs on general RPing this is from one on Forum Etiquette). Got lots on building a military and figuring out the percentage of men/equipment vs. support, cost etc.

The Player's Guide To Forum Etiquette wrote:

Example Of Good RolePlaying:

User 1: The PRK has just recieved word from our Coast Guard that a number of ships have set sail for Amerigan waters. Apparantly they are either owned or were chartered by a sect of the Church of Vash the Stampede that advocates nonviolent resistence as a method for affecting international crises. There may be as many as five thousand of our citizens aboard these ships.
User 2: King Ian the Second of Velaria issued a proclamation today, declaring a Neutral position in this war. "We must protect our nation and our citizens first. Large scale interferance with the disagreements and policies of other nations is not our way, and the government of Velaria chooses to not to involve our small, defense-oriented army in a conflict that could lead to potential retaliatory attacks on Velaria itself. However, relief for any refuges will be made available in the nation, and diplomats are available via the UN, if neccessary." The royal proclamation was met with a heavy show of support from most of the populace, and the elected Council of Representatives in Velaria has declared it's backing of the King's proclamation.

[TAKEN FROM THE AMERIGAN SLAVE WAR]

Example Of Bad RolePlaying:

User 1: I attack.
User 2: I attack back.
User 1: I attack again.
User 2: I attack back again.
User 1: I defend!
User 2: No! How could you?
User 1: Now I attack again!
User 2: I attack back!
User 1: I... attack.
User 2: I go out for a pizza.
User 1: I... ok.

To put into Pony Context:

"Good" RP (Splitting my post as if they were two different users):

User 1:

Sugar Grape glided as gracefully as a dove over the capitol of Canterlot, below her the many white buildings of the city sparkled like jewels as they were hit by the soft beams of Celestia's rising sun. The feeling of the cold morning air blowing through her purple mane was exhilarating, the white pegasus hardly flew over Canterlot that often but when she fly over the city she savored every moment.

Banking hard she turned towards the luscious and familiar green of the common of Canterlot University Campus and then quickly went into a dive to deftly avoid a grey and golden blur that Sugar had noticed hurtling towards her at the very last second. Beating her wings forcefully, Sugar was able to recover and come to a gentle landing on the common green. As Sugar wiped the sweat from her brow she thanked Celestia for her scholarly ways, for while she had been a weak flier in her youth, the years of flying around with saddlebags loaded full of heavy books and scrolls had given her wings the workout needed to strengthen them enough so that she could handle herself in the air decently now - as long as her saddlebags were not excessively loaded down.

Her mind was however loaded down with thoughts of her sister. Sugar's sister had been spending too much time partying all night with Pinkie Pie and Berry Punch lately. Just last night she had gotten excessively drunk, put on a crown made out of cider bottles, mounted the Ponyville town statue of Princess Celestia, and slurred out the notes of Octavia's 'Flight of the Pegasi' over and over again until she passed out. She did nothing but get drunk and party. Fortunately, Lyra Heartstrings had told Sugar last night that a mutual friend was looking for an assistant, maybe a job away from Ponyville would straighten her sister out after last nights stunt their parents were vowing to no longer support and house her so it was her last chance.

User 2:

Arcane Flame stared out the window of his advanced studies student villa on the campus of Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns raked with chills and covered with cold sweat. The Nightmares had ridden into his mind again last night. Those horrible Nightmares! Full of fire and ice and rage. The marching of hooves, cracked armors, Canterlot in flames, a maniacal cackling blue ram, gem eyed ponies, a bizarre city which looked absolutely wrong in every single way, a horde of soldiers of a dizzying array of species on the march, the darkness, and the bell - The terrible bell! - ringing out the same a four beat pattern over and over again. Da-da-da-Ding! .... Da-da-da-Ding! ... Da-da-da-Ding! ... Da-da-da-Ding! ... Da-da-da-Ding! ...

The same four beat pattern that he had heard in his initiation into the Flame family mysteries and when he had gotten his flame cutie mark. Looking back on the experience, Arcane wondered if he was the only one in his line stretching back to the Monocerovingian Kings who had ever heard the four beat pattern when beholding the vastness of All in the flaming spark of pure magic? Only yesterday had Princess Celestia summoned him and tasked him with investigating reports of anomalous bursts of magical energy and rumors of the sightings of odd ponies and some disappearances from a small backwater town near the Everfree Forest (his family possessed an old maneor house in town so that would be small comfort). A previous magical researcher sent to the town had gotten a reading of one of the energy bursts and sent the readings to Celestia's school before he too disappeared. The Kicker: the magical signal displayed that four beat pattern.

The green unicorn's thoughts were interrupted as his amber eyes caught a graceful white Pegasus descending quickly towards the nearby Canterlot University's Campus. Even if she was a distance away Arcane recognized Sugar Grape immediately. Sugar was one of few pegasi Arcane respected since to him she was so unlike so many of her tribe: She was great intellect and had more than a dash of common sense. If he managed to get some free time he would have to attend Sugar's guest lecture on lost and legendary civilizations and species with a special bit on those Human creatures his old friend Lyra had fancied. Ah Lyra, if only she wasn't only attracted to mares...

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and Arcane opened it to see a wall-eyed grey pegasus with a golden mane. 'Oh good, just what I needed... An especially dumb looking pegasus!' he thought. Arcane began to open his mouth to speak when the grey mare deftly pulled out a letter out of her saddlebags and joyfully squealed, "I brought you a letter!!!"

Arcane took the letter into his hooves and looked at it. Oh, speak of the Chaotic One!, it was from Lyra Heartstrings.

"...And a muffin!!!", the grey mare joyfully chirped.

Arcane looked up from the letter and to his confusion the grey mare was indeed holding a muffin in her outstretched hoof.

"Uhhh... Thanks... I think.", Arcane stammered as he took the muffin.

The grey mare just smiled and then flew off. "Well that was certainly... odd...", Arcane mumbled to himself as he sat the muffin on a table and opened the letter. Arcane smiled as he read the note, it looked like he found the assistant he had been looking for after all. If Sugar Grape's sister was anything like Sugar herself her help might be invaluable especially with this new royal assignment.

"Bad" RP

User 1: PONY POOPS IN DA STREET! BRRRRAAAAAPP!!!!
User 2: MY Ponay EAT THE POOP!
User 3: I crash into a wall! Woo!!!
User 4: Friendship Express off da rails! It kills everyone!

Also you're fairly ahead of the game already since you character has a back-story and some motivation. Just try to but yourselves in his hooves and go with it.

Last edited by Arcane Flame (2012-05-02 11:37:38)

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#4 2012-05-02 14:16:07

edinpony
Life is an adventure!

Arcane Flame wrote:

"Bad" RP
User 4: Friendship Express off da railz! It kills everyone!

This is the best RP ever, just saying.

#5 2012-05-02 16:27:04

Oh my. O.0 I hate acronyms. They always make me take pills. I must now feed this "out of character" my pony?
O-0
Where do I stick it?

Supsup?
"Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel."

#6 2012-05-02 17:27:46

SpazzyJamz
Everyone's Favorite Hyperactive Knucklehead Brony!

Arcane Flame wrote:

Well for the Free Form skim over This thread for right now.

Thanks a lot! ^_^

Facebook: (facebook.com/thespazman), PS3: (Captain_Spazzy), Twitter: (@ThatSpazzyKid)
You should add me! big_smile
^_^ Happily Taken ^_^
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-party-hardest.gif

#7 2012-05-02 18:00:07

Victory Star ♦♦♦ wrote:

Oh my. O.0 I hate acronyms. They always make me take pills. I must now feed this "out of character" my pony?
O-0
Where do I stick it?

Oh, here it is! O,0/)★)
I'll just stick him in this thread here and... Ow! It bit me! TT^TJ

Supsup?
"Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel."

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB