Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#26 2012-05-09 09:08:22

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: [Trot] New Beginnings and Victory

Lilac Iris began sweeping the leaves and petal off the table and onto the ground, and from there she would swept them all up so she could discard them. She didn't look back but as she worked she heard somepony coming up behind her.

"Look!" She heard Victory Star say with a pleading voice "I know you're disappointed that I'm not a great flutist... but... that doesn't mean I played the song by accident! I sincerely only wanted to express my gratitude... and the song just... happened... I'm sort of... lucky like that..."

She still didn't turn around to face him, but she heard him walk up closer and begin helping her sweep up the debris.

"Luck." He said.
"That's my talent. I'm not strong, fast, tall, smart... I can't juggle or make candy... I'm just lucky."

“Luck!?!” Lilac thought to herself, “How can a pony survive on luck!?!” Lilac had known science and study and hard work all her life, one didn't make flowers grow and flourish using luck, nor did one become the primary shareholder and boss of one of the largest flower gardens in all of Equestria with luck. One made it as far as she had with hard work, hard study, and lots of care and determination.

She heard Victory Star continue,

" I knew that whatever happened, it probably would have been good... so I thought that relying on my luck would be good for you. Let the universe settle my debt, y'know? It's the only thing I could have given... "
She heard him pause for a moment
"Looks like somepony else could use a little good luck right now... I guess I'll leave you alone forever now..."

She heard him trotting away, and finally Lilac turned to look at him as he trotted away towards a pony that was leaning over a table a looked rather ill. Continuing to watch she saw him walk over and pat the stallion on the back, and begin talking to him. The stallion seemed to respond well and them began trotting back towards town turning once to talk to Victory Start again.

Lilac Iris turned to continue cleaning up her booth, and as she looked at the ground she saw that where the White Pegasus had been sweeping the debris had formed a small neat pile.

“Well that was lucky,” She said to herself with sarcastic laugh, thinking about what Victory Star had said.

" I knew that whatever happened, it probably would have been good... so I thought that relying on my luck would be good for you. Let the universe settle my debt, y'know? It's the only thing I could have given... "

She kept hearing over and over in her head as she continued cleaning and selling the last of her bouquets. He had just been trying to repay her the money she had given him and for the watering can he had “ruined”  (though she still planned of trying to find a way to make and market the idea). As a businesspony she could respect someone for wanting to repay their debts, even if the way the pegasus had chosen had been a bit.... Unorthodox. 

It's the only thing I could have given... "

It was true that Victory Star had very little to his name in this world, and he had some if not all of what little he had on the flute to play for her. The thought of that touched her heart, and made her feel somewhat regretful of the way she had treated him. She brushed those thoughts aside though as she sold the last of her flowers, an arrangement of six yellow roses. She set up a “Closed” sign on the counter, finished cleaning up, and began walking back into  town so she could drop all her newly made bits and then return to enjoy the rest of the festival.

As she trotted over the bridge into town and past the statue of Trotsiphone a thought cross her mind that made her giggle. Her conversations with Victory Star had been the longest non-business ones she had had in a very long time.

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#27 2012-05-09 16:15:48

Ooc: Ha! You triggered my trap card! Wall of text, Activate!

Well this was it...

Whatever festivities were occuring, were coming to a close. As ponies began to pack up for the day, Victory found himself feeling more alone then ever.

The last of the crowd trickled away to their homes, lives, friends...
Things that, for his quest, he never had the luxury of making. It was a little funny actually...  He only wanted to find his father to quell his loneliness, but he could never stop to meet anypony  because of how badly he needed his dad.
Victory Stared at the flute as the blue night dropped like a great blanket and enveloped the sky in a calm, clear stillness.
The town became a world transformed almost instantly.
Fireflies skitted in any direction they please.

"Well... better late then never."

Victory played. He played to the fireflies and stars.
He played to every living creature a ballad of his own creation, a melody only the silence of the night could appreciate.
He didn't care if anypony heard. He didn't even care if  his playing mediocre.
At least the noise was predictable, soothing...
Even friendly.
He felt as though somepony was with him.
It was beautiful things like these that inspired him to keep going.
It filled his heart with an oil fit for fueling an undying flame.
He decided he would keep the flute after all.
It gave him a moment of much needed determination... The least he could do was give it a home.

He wondered how the Canterlot pony was doing. Or the large, Zen pony... or Lilac Iris...
~♦♦♦~
Ooc 2:The squeakwal
[Well that didn't take long at all! O,0]

Last edited by Victory Star ♦♦♦ (2012-05-09 16:50:46)

Supsup?
"Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel."

#28 2012-05-09 18:47:52

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Lilac Iris walked into the room in the Local Inn, The Sleeping Hydra, She dropped her saddlebags on the bed. The weight coming off her back was a relief, she hadn't carried the bits far but she was never a pony known for her brute strength.  She harnessed on one smaller one, she wouldn't need to carry near as much now, and transferred a small number of bits into it, and headed back outside to enjoy the festival.

There was still some life left in the festival when she returned, though it appeared that things were beginning to wind down. She walked over to a stand and bought some hay fries, a yummy smelling apple fritter and a few caramel apples for later. She sat down at a nearby table, making sure that it wasn't the one where the stallion had gotten sick earlier, and enjoyed her meal while watching all the people walk by. Even in a town this small there were many ponies to watch, and so many happy couples, the wedding festivities had truly brought out the best in everyone.

She sat at that bench long after most ponies had left the fairgrounds, and she saw Luna's sun slowly rising over the horizon. When the moon had crested the horizon line she saw it, the first fireflies. She always loved sitting back at her garden at home as watching the little glimmers of light play over her flowers. At almost the same time she her a strange but familiar sound carrying through the still night air. It was the sound of a flute.

“Victory Star....” Lilac whispered to herself, and with that she got up from where she was sitting and began walking towards the source of the music.
It didn't take her long to find him, he was laying on the ground and playing his flute once more. It was a different tune then it had been before, but it was still good, and as she watched him play he seemed to get....happier.

Lilac trotted over quietly and laid down next to him. She waited for him to finish the song and she began speaking.

“Hi again Victory Star....” she took a deep breath, “I'm sorry for the way I snapped at you earlier, you were just trying to repay the debt you felt you had to me. When you started laughing at the end I felt like you had tricked me and led me on to a you that wasn't really there, and I can't blame you for that. Your playing was very good, and you made a lot of ponies happy, I can't be mad at anypony for that. Once again, thank you for your kindness” She finished with a kind smile.

She looked at the pegasus next to hear once more and a thought came to her.

“I know I have no idea who you really are, but I do know that you don't have two bits to rub together. I have a room at The Sleeping Hydra and a sofa in the room you can sleep on. It isn't much but it is soft and warm.”

Normal is boring.

#29 2012-05-09 21:18:46

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Arcane found himself in a dark and empty chamber. The voice of a thousand pony chorus spoke: "Equestria will be burning, Beware 'Meany Sport'!"

Then flashes of a cloaked blue earth pony with a yellow mane tapping his hoof to a familiar four beat pattern.

Suddenly, Arcane saw spots of glowing pink in the darkness marching towards him. As they got closer he saw that they were the eyes of ponies all with dark gray coats and scraggly dirty silver manes. Around each of their necks was a metal collar with a device fitted on the back of their necks also glowing a bright pink. Soon there were hundreds of these strange ponies all surrounding him and staring into his soul. For what seemed like hours the weird ponies just stood there and never moved - except for one who pulled out a brown disk with something gooey and green inside and slowly munched on it.

Then a cloud descended from above and a pair of dark grey wings popped out, followed by part of a crimson and midnight blue mane, and finally a set of very determined looking light amber eyes.

"BEEP!!! BEEP!!!", a mare's voice screamed, "I'M A CLOUD MOTHERBUCKERS!!!!!"

Bolts of lightning burst in all directions from the cloud impacting on the collar devices which exploded in small puffs of pink smoke. Instantly the pink glow in the eyes of the weird ponies faded away as every one of them dropped to the floor... all of them dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arcane awoke and found himself staring directly into a pair of light amber eyes on a dark gray mare with a crimson and midnight blue striped mane. They mare was giving him a very sultry look and batting her eyes in a very teasing manner.

"Mmmmmm....  Good morning handsome!", the mare said with a dreamy voice as she grasped Arcane in her hooves and pulled him close for a rather large and deep kiss.

Arcane shrieked and leapt out of Lunar Shine's bed as Shine began giggling like a little school filly. The door to Shine's quarters burst open and Glorious Dusk attracted by the sound of commotion ran in.

"Oh Celestia... Tell me I didn't...", Arcane began mumbling but was downed out by Shine laughing harder.

"My Lord,", Dusk shouted trying to restore some semblance of order, "you and Ms. Shine both passed out after you tried to purge Ms. Shine of her drunkenness."

At this Arcane Flame's eyes began blazing with anger and he turned towards the cackling Lunar Shine.

"NOW SEE HERE!!!", He shouted, "I am THE GREAT AND POWERFUL FLAME OF THE ARCANE!!! - Arcane Flame!!! Your employer, the Baron of Trotton, a Knight of the Sock, Initiate of the Illustrious Order of the Celestial Dawn, Board Member in good standing of the Great and Powerful Trixie Fan Club, and a student of Princess Celestia herself! You will treat me with respect you rough and tumble brute pegasus! If I didn't hire you as a favor to Lyra Heartstrings and your Sister..."

Dusk sighed as she turned and left the ranting Arcane and the laughing Shine. Shutting the door behind her, she began walking down the hall when she heard a bell signaling that someone was at the main door.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#30 2012-05-09 22:10:42

“I know I have no idea who you really are, but I do know that you don't have two bits to rub together. I have a room at The Sleeping Hydra and a sofa in the room you can sleep on. It isn't much but it is soft and warm.”
Victory smiled as though nothing had happened. His face made it clear her appology wasn't nessesary... but he was glad Lilac was there. He stared back into the stars, some would say the eyes of god. Victory turned to see the remorse in Lilac's eyes. He closed them and inhaled the cold, night air. If he breathed slowly it felt as though he was drinking the purest of pure liquids.
After a long beat of silence, Victory managed to mutter something.
"I know this will sound weird... but I want to sleep out here tonight..."
Victory was very calm. He felt in control of things... for this one moment in time, he could say his life was his. Not since he was a foal had he felt such freedom...
"Why don't you join me instead? The stars are amazing tonight. Like Luna's own private portrait. He wondered if those princesses heard everything in the times they respectively governed. Did Luna hear him play? That sounds like a big honor, but was actually a small feat. Victory liked the Idea. It was now fact to him.

Supsup?

#31 2012-05-09 23:28:10

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

After Lilac Iris finished speaking Victory Star looked up at her with a warm smile, one that made her feel like he was happy she was here and all was forgiven. He took a deep breath and said to her.

"I know this will sound weird... but I want to sleep out here tonight..."

The thought of turning down a warm room to sleep outside seemed slightly insane to The purple earth pony, but as she looked into The pegasus's eyes she could tell he was not only serious, but that he seemed very relaxed, even more so then when he had been playing the flute.

"Why don't you join me instead? The stars are amazing tonight. Like Luna's own private portrait.”

Lilac Iris looked up at the stars and saw exactly what she meant. Above her were hundreds..... No, Thousands, of tiny pricks of light above her, each one like a small blossom poking it's head out of the dark blue soil of the sky. Instantly she could see the appeal of being outside that Victory saw.

She gave him a smile and a slight nod, “I will be back in just a moment.” With that she galloped over to her booth from earlier and reach under the counter, pulling out a large blanket. Normally she used it to keep her and her flowers warm and dry while traveling, but it would be perfect for tonight.

Lilac Iris returned to where Victory Star was laying looking up at the stars. She unfolded the blanket and laid down next to him, with just a few inches of distance between them and draped the blanket over them both. She continued to lay there next to the pegasus, watching the fireflies and staring into the vastness of Luna's sky.

“That you for inviting me Victory Star, it has been such luck to meet you.”

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-05-09 23:30:11)

Normal is boring.

#32 2012-05-10 01:20:51

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

As Free Form made his way through town, he tried his hardest to push the memories of the last hour from his head. Unfortunately, it was practically impossible. Instead of heading straight to Trotton Manor, he had decided to stop by the inn in which he had been assigned a reservation for for his duration in Trotton, which gave him far too much extra time to think.

The stallion was a little bit unnerved that his staying quarters happened to be nothing more than a wayside inn near the edge of the town, but he had been assured by one of the Pegasi Royal Guard that had brought him that it was the best inn on this side of the Everfree. They weren't wrong. The Sleeping Hydra was well furnished, had an excellent tavern that rivaled even those within Canterlot, and best of all, he had been assigned a suite. It was one of the better rooms in the whole inn and he had the luxury of staying there. It may have been an inn, but it was definitely worthy of the reputation that preceded it.

Free Form had taken the time to stop by his room and scope it out for a moment. He was in a hurry after all. A fine and beautifully furnished Oak desk sat at one edge of the room, opposite of a window that overlooked the stretch of fairground just on the other side of the small river. Setting his saddlebags down next to the desk, Free Form decided to take a peek out the window and observe how the festival was going without him out there... making a mess of himself.

The sun had begun setting over the festival grounds, which had prompted most of the booths to close for the night. Luna had started her work on raising the moon for the night, which meant that Free Form had spent more time than he thought milling around the fairgrounds. He had seen quite a bit up to the point where he had tried to eat, and thankfully, recalled all of it. Without his photographic memory, Free Form was sure he would be lost, and sadly, a lot less useful to the Archives. Hopefully heading to Trotton Manor now wouldn't end up being such a horrible idea.

As Free Form left the sweet smell of the inn, he also left behind a bit of his peace of mind. The thoughts of that afternoon came rushing back and hit him square in the forehead as he made his way down the dimly lit path leading to the Manor. It was so unbelievable that someone would play that song out of the blue like that. It wasn't such an unpopular song that he shouldn't expect to hear it, but at the same time, it wasn't a song that someone just played on some old faire flute. The thought of hearing that song again, either from the flute or the inner workings of his head horrified him. It was a struggle just to focus on something else so that wouldn't happen.

Then, before Free Form knew it, he had finally reached the front door to Trotton Manor. The building was a lot taller than it looked from town. Actually, it was a lot more imposing and haunting too. Free Form chalked that up to the twilight sky that was quickly fading into night, though. Not like it mattered much to him. There were far scarier things hiding behind the Gates of Tartarus, which was a stone's throw from the Manor. The facade of this building might scare off the other ponies in Trotton, but not him. Not when it came to the knowledge within.

Reaching for the door bell, Free Form gave it a firm press with his hoof and waited eagerly for the door to open. He had finally pushed his memories of that day aside and let the excitement of what lay within the Manor take over. He hoped that the library inside was as grand as he expected. If that were the case, then Celestia knows that there would be no hope of him checking out the evening festivities for the festival, if there even were any. There was likely to be a fireworks show, but if it was anything like the one in Canterlot that he had heard about, then it probably wasn't anything too special. It just didn't compare to the font of knowledge within...

-------------------------------------------

Firecracker Burst had finally finished setting up her line of fireworks for the showing that evening. She had been so excited for this moment that the pyrotechnic unicorn hadn't a clue what to do with herself. The time had passed so slowly that she had spent time idling near her pile of fireworks trying to force the sun to set. Sure, it may have been Luna's job, but she was set and determined to make the moon obey for her sake. Sadly, it was a futile effort as the magic from her horn had sparked and flared in a pointless shower of sparks that did nothing more than nearly set off the stack of fireworks prematurely. Not like that would have been the first time...

This was it, though. This was the moment that Burst had been waiting all week for. Ever since she came back from Canterlot and was informed that she'd get to do the fireworks show for Trotton's festival. Now that she thought about it, why hadn't she tried to learn the moon raising spell sooner? She'd have totally learned it by now if she had worked on it as soon as she arrived back in Trotton. Today wouldn't have been such a drag then!

Burst sighed at her lack of foresight. If only she had thought ahead. That hardly mattered now, though. If anything, her waiting had paid off. Now was her moment to shine as she breathed life into Luna's perfect night sky. Warm nights like tonight were what Firecracker Burst lived for. It was these nights that were the most special. It wasn't because she got to do the one job that excited her, but because of the thought of all the happy ponies that were out tonight on the grass in the festival ground or on their roofs just waiting for the show to begin. Most of them knew that they were in for a show, but it was the ones that were unaware that she felt a connection with. There had to be at least one couple out there that wouldn't be expecting her display. There had to be one couple that would love it more than the rest...

Firecracker Burst sighed again. No need to get all gushy. Sure, it was a nice thought, but she needed to get real. Nopony felt as excited about shooting off fireworks as she did. C'est la vie.

As Burst tuned her magic to the line of fireworks, she lit each one carefully and in rhythm. The pyro unicorn made sure that each fuse was perfect and that each rocket went off without a hitch. The show unfolded before her eyes and she reveled in it. Each firework blasted off in a bright, rhythmic cycle that almost looked and sounded like music. It truly was a musical light show to those that saw the beauty of it. The short burst of energy that sizzled it's way through the festival grounds gave way to the shrill scream of the rocket as it reached its peak before exploding into a thunderous blast of color and sound. It really was amazing. The blues, whites, and pinks thumped in unison, like drum beats.

Even if this was no different than the display at the Royal Wedding, it felt significantly more special tonight. Perhaps it was just Burst feeling caught up in the moment, but it was something she couldn't help but become enthralled in. Thankfully, her reverie didn't keep her from completing her job. It was quite the opposite, actually. Each burst of sound and color drove her to light another firework and another and another, until she was down to her last three. It was the end of the show and all she had left were her "Love Rockets". She hoped these were extra special for somepony in town tonight.

Firecracker Burst let a dramatic pause overtake the town and felt the tension rise. She was sure they were wondering if the show had reached its end prematurely or not, but before they got too antsy she cut the fuses on her special rockets and lit them. They flew skyward almost instantly and lit the night sky with an array of hearts. It was beautiful. Far more beautiful than the show in Canterlot.

The soft, cool grass greeted Burst's backside as she fell backwards. She noted that her job for the night was finally done as she watched the final embers of the hearts fade into the night sky. Tonight was a good night, and she wanted to enjoy it while the thundering of hooves she heard from a short distance away rumbled through the ground.

Last edited by DashAttack (2012-05-10 01:39:01)

#33 2012-05-10 07:58:50

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

OOC: A short add-on, basically an attachment to my last post.

“That you for inviting me Victory Star, it has been such luck to meet you.”

No sooner had she finished speaking when she saw a flash of light in the sky and a loud BOOM!
Fireworks! Lilac had never been a big fan of fireworks, she liked looking at all the pretty lights and colors and they soared through the air, exploding at their apex, but the noise always scared her, ever since she was a filly.

Normally when she was at a festival or event she made an excuse to leave early, not too hard since she was rarely there with anypony. As the display continued on she realized that she had moved right against Victory Star and was holding him tightly. She felt slightly embarrassed that she had reacted by grabbing him, but she didn't let it show, besides, it seemed to calm her and there was still a fireworks show to enjoy.

Normal is boring.

#34 2012-05-10 15:49:44

Ooc:omg. A legit wall of text! One more, and we can build a small house! O,0

Victory Star had already fallen, fast asleep. Normally, the squeeze Lilac gave or the thundering sound of fireworks could awaken him with ease... He was a fairly light sleeper.
But this was no normal slumber... This was blackness.

~♦♦♦~

A lone Pegasus foal floated in a sea of black. Coiled and alone, his eyes shine with a glimmer of hope he had hidden in his heart, but the darkness was strong and overbearing. He slowly descended in a direction he assumed was down.
Victory has had this dream many times before. In it, he continues to attempt to land, but never has any luck. He feels differently too, confusion and free spirit become determination and concentration. Drive and focus. He felt mature and powerful, but appeared small and weak.
And overwhelmed. By darkness.

But tonight... something was different. The feeling of falling had stopped.
Shocked, the snow white Pegasus tested this feeling. He acted on it. Like a dog, testing the temperature of water, he attempted to feel for a place he could step...
And was met with a satisfying crunch.
Almost instantly he took off, each hoofstep colliding into the ground as forceful as lightning.
Could this be it?
Is this the night?
Would this foothold be his escape?
It could lead to freedom.
No.
It could lead to Victory.

~♦♦♦~

He galloped and galloped into oblivion. He may not know where he was, but he certainly knew he was going somewhere. That was a good enough reason to keep moving.
Eventually he could see a light in the distance... It was small, but it was certainly there. Was he not moving fast enough?
By the time he was close enough to see, it was heartbreak, not freedom that met his hoof. He stood before a large glass wall. The light he had seen, was but a reflection of the light in his heart.

He began to investigate the wall, and desperately. The glass did not budge nor break nor show any signs of wavering. When he looked into the glass closely he could see faces... faces he could recognize, but not recall why... some that seemed completely foreign... but they definitely weren't strangers.
One was a mare surrounded by beautiful flowers. That one was Lilac Iris. He couldn't remember why or how... but he knew that name.
One was a large stallion who seemed to rest on a hammock. His aura seemed soothing and chill.
One was a writer. He was very frantic, and didn't seem to have much time for anything but the book infront of him.
Then, a loud, flamboyant mare lit up bursts of color in his far field of vision. They weren't bright enough to light the darkness, but they certainly were noticeable. And loud.
Then stood a unicorn, wrapped in flames. Beside him was a mare eating a banana, and radiating the kind of safety only the night could provide. He didn't look at her very long. For some reason, his throat burned when he did.
And in the far distance... was Victory Star.
He had to get in there now. He HAD to.

~♦♦♦~

Supsup?

#35 2012-05-10 18:45:43

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Lilac Iris continued to watch the fireworks display overhead. She couldn't help to admire the pony who had created it. They were like beautiful flowers in the sky, and as soon as they were there, they were gone. Someone put so much care and work into each shell and an entire display only lasted a few minutes.

She watch as the bouquet in the sky and all the amazing colors, the sounds still scared her some, and with every explosion she briefly tightened her grip on Victory Star. She felt him breathing deeply and while her stirred some, it didn't appear to be linked to the fireworks.

Suddenly there were three bright pink explosions in the shape of hearts. Lilac Iris had heard that fireworks could come in different shapes but she had never seen one with her own eyes. As the final echoes passed into the night she smiled again.

“Thank you, whoever you are, for that amazing end to the day and the festival.”

With that she snuggled up closer to Victory Star, who had somehow remained asleep throughout the entire display, and fell asleep.

Normal is boring.

#36 2012-05-11 03:14:37

andapanda
FluxBB bbcode test

By the time Pandamento had left the Festivities and set up his hammock for the night the Fireworks had just began. He watched as the rockets and explosions lit up Luna's dark sky. He felt almost at peace with himself as he went over the day in his head. For a day meant for celebrating and socializing, he didn't do a whole lot. The highlights of his day including nearly being thrown up upon by a random pony, finally finding a stand that sold a kazoo, and taking a nap to a flautist playing a sweet little tune. In all honestly he probably wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Maybe deep down he wanted to do something more on such an important day but like always he was content with just getting by. "I know I'll do something really cool and exciting tomorrow, like go for a long hike or spend the day in town." Pandamento promised to himself. He sighed when he tried to remember all the other times he had also said "I promise I'll do it tomorrow".

Laying in his hammock in the cool night breeze Pandamento came to realize he had gone off on a tangent and was missing the fireworks, in fact they were just about to get to the finale. "Well what would a fireworks finale be without Tchaitrotsky's 1812 Overture?" He said while smiling at himself as he pulled a kazoo out from behind his ear.

Last edited by andapanda (2012-05-11 03:17:05)

you better shrek yo self before you dreck yo self

FluxBB bbcode test

#37 2012-05-11 22:54:57

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"...and it's all your fault!" Arcane's voice echoed through the maneor.

"Nuh uh! It was your weirdo horny magic!", Shine yelled in reply.

Glorious Dusk sighed trying to put on her best face as both Arcane Flame and Lunar Shine seemed to be carrying on like a pair sibling foals. Honestly. They even kind of looked the part. That Lunar Shine did kind of look familiar but where had... Oh well, no time to think of that now.

Dusk opened the door to find Free Form standing there.

"Greetings on behalf of his lordship Baron----"

*CRASH*

"HOW DARE YOU THROW FRUIT AT NOBILITY!!!", Arcane roared, "LET'S SEE HOW YOU LIKE THESE APPLES!!!!"

Shine laughed heartily and then yelled "BANANAS!!! I CHOOSE YOU!!!"

Dusk sighed and facehoofed. "To be frank," she continued "His lordship the Baron can be extremely foalish at times... On behalf of his lordship, Earl Nocturnal Flame, I'd like to welcome you to Trotton Maneor. If you're coming for the library the rear door is closer and always open although I can lead you there now if you wish."

"EAT... EAT... EAT EE-PLES AND BEE-NEE-NEES!!!" Shine's voice echoed through the halls.

"I'm afraid the Baron and his assistant are probably occupied at the moment if you were hoping to talk to one of them", Dusk added sighing.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#38 2012-05-12 00:43:45

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

As that night continued a somewhat lost stallion walked into town with cart behind him and a horn on his head, he walked. On his cart was simply art supplies with his two cats draped over them picking at the hairs of his many brushes. "spunky! Sydney! will you stop that! Those are very important" They looked at him with annoyance and continued "what will I ever do with you two" looking for nothing particular, he just walked through the town and continued until he made it to the statue of Commander Trotsiphone.

"Quite a big statue for someone I've never heard of" Unlike most unicorns he was not a big magic user nor did he particularly care for the immense libraries of Canterlot and the magical academy, he was more logical than theoretical(smart in the common ways of the world)

"oh well, off I go" he started to walk till the fireworks caught his eye

"I wonder whats happening over there" as he walked closer he saw the booths

"OPPORTUNITY!!" He rushed with his cart behind him! His cats Clinging for dear life! thinking of the money he could make from selling his many works of art.

His excitement only went to disappointment when he saw that most if not all the stalls were closed "Well Buck, that figures with my luck. Its getting pretty late, I might as well see if the inn has any rooms available.

He walked back into the town looking forward to a warn bed and hot food, his cats looking forward to the same.

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#39 2012-05-12 20:35:28

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Lilac Iris awoke with a start, she dreams had been filled with odd visions of creatures she had never seen and was facing them down, but she was not alone, on both sides of her she could feel the presence of other ponies, but she couldn't see them.

As she looked around it was still dark, and Luna's moon was only a quarter way through its journey across the sky, but Lilac Iris no longer felt like sleeping. Slowly she slide her arms from around Victory Star, careful not to wake him from his slumber. Once she was free to move she got out from under the blanket, and the first thing that struck her was how much the air had chilled. Shivering slightly she looked longingly at the blanket, but she could not bring herself to take it and leave Victory Star uncovered and exposed.

The Earth pony decided that the best thing to do would be to go into town and see if anypony else was still awake, at worst she could back to The Sleeping Hydra and her room there. The rummaged in her saddlebags for something to write a note on to tell Victory Star where she had gone, but found none.

“Sorry Victory, I will try to find you again in the morning.”

Lilac Iris began trotting back into town and was passing the fairground when she saw a White Unicorn pulling a cart, he looked kind of lost. She walked up to him, “Uh, hello, can I help you find anything? My name is Lilac Iris by the way, what's yours?”

Normal is boring.

#40 2012-05-12 21:42:34

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

As he was leaving the fair ground he saw a mare walking toward him asking him

“Uh, hello, can I help you find anything? My name is Lilac Iris by the way, what's yours?”

In his mind he wasn't sure what to say, he had never really been approached by many mares in his life. He just stood there somewhat frozen till he saw a chance to make a sale!

"My name is Rare. Art and advertising are my game! What is it a business needs you may ask....POSTERS! BANNERS! PAMPHLETS! I got it all! Don't own a business I got PAINTINGS! I GOT JEWELRY TOO, for the discerning lady of course. I DO TASTEFUL PHOTOS ALBUMS! I DO WEDDINGS! FASHION SHOWS ANYTHING YOU MIGHT WANT, I GOT!"

He pulled out example after example of products from his cart until a large pile of different stuff had formed on the ground, he continued to talk fast not letting a word to come from the mare in front of him. He continued yammering on and on. Not till his cats had a hankering for attention, they both jumped from the pile on the cart.....claws out. Landing on Rare's back he jumped in the air screaming in pain, landing in the large pile of product examples...head first.

"I'm okay" (said in a very disoriented tone)

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#41 2012-05-12 23:22:27

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

Free Form hardly caught what Glorious Dusk had said after her introduction. She said something about the library in the Manor, a backdoor, and leading him there. The bewildered stallion just nodded and hoped that Dusk would accept that as some form of willingness to be guided towards the library.

What had caught the Earth pony's attention wasn't so much the view of the lavish lobby behind Dusk, but the argument that seemed to be going on somewhere inside the Manor. It sounded like nothing more than a petty squabble between a brother and sister than anything, but Free Form couldn't even begin to guess what it was over. All he knew is that it sounded far more ridiculous than it should have been.

And was the male voice the Baron? He sounded far too young to be the Earl of Hoofington, Nocturnal Flame, which meant that the Baron had to be... Free Form shook his head and suddenly forced the voices into the background where they belonged.

"Hello? So, were you interested in the library or not?" Glorious Dusk prodded somewhat impatiently.

"Sorry! Yes! Excuse my rudeness! Please, allow me to introduce myself," Free Form refocused on Dusk and realized that he had completely spaced out upon hearing the quarrel. "I am Free Form, Senior Archivist of Canterlot University's official Equestrian Archives."

"Oh! I wasn't made aware that we would be having an official representative from Canterlot with us for the festival!" Glorious Dusk exclaimed, her straight emotionless face playing at some hint of legitimate surprise.

"Ah, well, take that introduction with a grain of salt. It's a formality more than anything," Free Form waved a hoof somewhat dismissively at Dusk as she began to lead him into the Manor.

"I see..."

"It's not like that, though!" Free Form realized that he had more or less told her to completely disregard his status and fought to correct himself. "I mean, I do have an important job here, I just..."

"You prefer not to flaunt it, huh?" Dusk finished the stallion's thought.

"I guess you could say that. I've just never been one for all that attention or those who do make a spectacle of it," Free Form looked off into space to detract from the awkwardness.

"Huh... Well, follow me and I shall show you to Trotton Manor's extravagant library," Dusk seemed to brush off Free Form's remark before turning and making her way towards the inner reaches of the Manor.

Free Form rolled his eyes and sighed inwardly. This was unfolding less gracefully than he had been expecting. The impression he was leaving was surely less than stellar. He was an official Archivist, so why was he so reluctant to announce it when he needed to? It must have been his upbringing. Not that it was bad, but it definitely never helped when dealing with Canterlot nobility and aristocracy. Of course, that also could be due in part to his general disdain for them. It could go without saying that the down-to-earth stallion didn't get along with too many ponies inside Canterlot.

"So... is that the Baron having... a disagreement?" Free Form inquired in hope of breaking up the awkward silence that had begun to form between them.

"Well, yes and no. The "Baron" is in an interesting situation he prefers not to be in. As such, he holds certain responsibilities... he must fulfill. But, um... promise to keep this between us?" Dusk glanced at Free Form and looked for some form of agreement. The Earth pony nodded curiously.

"He is the son of the Earl, Nocturnal Flame. He really only holds the title..." Dusk paused and chuckled before continuing, "Well, he holds it as a formality."

Free Form suddenly found himself grinning like an idiot. Perhaps he hadn't rubbed off wrong on Glorious Dusk after all.

"The extent of his power begins and ends with his father, so I'll let you decide whether you think he's worthy of that title or not. Any squabbles he decides to have are merely due to his distaste for the task he has been given or his ego," Dusk added as an addendum to her point. It was clear to Free Form that her position on him was slightly questionable. That didn't speak very highly of him, considering that she was something of a servant to the Baron. "Well, here we are."

Dusk had stopped before a set of large double doors that sat at the end of a long hallway. Free Form figured that it was just off the main atrium or hoped so anyways. Getting lost was something that he didn't have in mind tonight.

"Please feel free to use any and all resources within the library. As a representative of Canterlot, Archivist, and Scribe, they are at your disposal," Glorious Dusk pushed the doors to the library open and revealed the wealth of knowledge within.

"I thank you, Ms. Dusk-"

"Glorious Dusk, please."

"Glorious Dusk... I appreciate your help and hospitality," Free Form corrected and nodded as he trotted excitedly through the threshold.

"Please make yourself at home for the night if need be. I must be off to tend to a couple of children and inform the "Baron" of your presence," Glorious Dusk dismissed herself gracefully as she bowed her head and closed the large double doors.

Free Form looked around the library like a young colt in a candy store. There was so much here to learn and such little left of Luna's night...

OOC: Okay, I think I fixed it. neutral

#42 2012-05-12 23:58:35

"LET... ME... PASS!"
A disgruntled Pegasus showed no signs of whatever cursed him before had done. He would not let his burdens own him...
He had already let his fear.
He was certain that was how he wound up here.

~♦♦♦~

Victory was asleep long into the day. He fought valiantly to awaken, but the wall would not permit. His fear would control him for another day...
If that day ever came.
Everypony who passed could see something ailed the sleeping stallion, but none had stopped to help.
The absence of his only friend had phased him very little.
Well, maybe not his only friend. There was always...

~♦♦♦~

"Manti!"
Manti Armanti was standing atop a long bridge.
"Victory! How many times have I told you not to play in the water? It's dirty!"
The small, white foal was already a rusty brown. He looked straight at the tall, dark unicorn above him with a face of upmost confusion.
"Whuttt?"
Victory gigged, but cleaned off and complied. Normally  he would have just done his own thing, but Manti had a thing about sunlight...
Manti had no real friends. He admired Victory's freedom, and Victory just thought hanging with older colts just made you cool. The two were accidentally inseparable.
Manti was a dark purple. A unicorn with a gift for the dark arts... this meant only bad things. Because of this, his parents disowned him and most magic academies wouldn't accept him.
Hell, Victoey was just about the only place he could ever turn...

~♦♦♦~
"CELESTIA... DAMN... WALL!"
The Stallion had resorted to ramming his head into the wall of what he had decided was glass.
After a few hours, he figured he should just rest. Hopefully his escape meant control would return upon awakening... but... how could he do that?

Last edited by Victory Star ♦♦♦ (2012-05-13 00:01:16)

Supsup?

#43 2012-05-13 06:28:02

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Lilac Iris didn't know exactly what had brought her over to the stallion, she barely knew the town herself but she had wanted to help in whatever way she could. After she had spoke the White Unicorn had just stood there for a moment, and Lilac could almost see the gears turning is his mind grind to a halt at whatever thought they had been working on. Right before she was about to speak again to see what was the matter he jumped back into gear and his eyes lit up.

"My name is Rare. Art and advertising are my game! What is it a business needs you may ask....POSTERS! BANNERS! PAMPHLETS! I got it all! Don't own a business I got PAINTINGS! I GOT JEWELRY TOO, for the discerning lady of course. I DO TASTEFUL PHOTOS ALBUMS! I DO WEDDINGS! FASHION SHOWS ANYTHING YOU MIGHT WANT, I GOT!"

As Rare spoke he pulled item after item from his cart and tossed it onto a quickly growing pile, and Lilac, who was already taken aback by the sudden outburst, had to step back further in order to keep from getting buried. The white unicorn continued to ramble about something, but the words were lost to Lilac as she tried to figure out how many laws of physics had just been broken it order to fit all those items on the cart without breaking any of them.

Suddenly two balls of fur jumped out of the seemingly bottomless cart and landed on Rare's back. They were CATS! Lilac Iris had never been a big fan of cats. They had several on the farm back near Manehatten to help keep mice from eating the seeds, but she never liked them. They were mean and scary and they left those poor mice's remains just wherever after they were done “playing” with them. Plus hairballs were just disgusting, she much preferred her quiet, gentle, and hairless flowers.

AS the cat's landed on Rare's back her gave a horrible scream and Lilac almost ran then and there, but instead she just reared up on he hindhooves with a high pitch scream as she saw rare fall and tumble into his pile of merchandise that he had pulled out of his cart. Lilac stood there for a moment simply staring at the event that has transpired and the white rump whose front half was now buried in art supplies.

She knew she couldn't just leave him like this and moved behind him to help unbury the pony and pull him out. It took them several minute but Rare was once again free.

“Well it has been....interesting to meet you Mr......Rare,” Lilac Iris said haltingly, “Maybe we will meet at the festival tomorrow.” With that she began quickly trotting back to town. First odd dreams and then strange new ponies, a warm bed at The Sleeping Hydra was sounding better and better.

Normal is boring.

#44 2012-05-13 12:16:24

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

As she started trotting away rare yelled out

"twas a pleasure to meet you Miss Iris! Come back later I'll have a booth setup and you can see the full presentation!"

Once Iris was out of sight Rare looked at his back continuing to feel the immense pain that had just transpired. After pulling bandages from his cart he healed his wounds, after which he started to shove many upon many samples back into his cart. After he had finished he turned to his cats who had been acting quite content with themselves.

"You just ruined a sale, that could have been money I just made. I understand I haven't really been paying attention to you, but I've had to find people to sell are many products to. How do you think I afford are meals and many inn rooms we've rented"

Sydney and spunky continued to look at him with no looks of remorse or even interest in what he was saying, until they gave him a look that only the hardest rock could take.

looking at his cat "Oh how can I be mad at you!" Hugging his cats with almost a deathly tight hug, until they swiped at his face.

Letting go of his cats due to the hurt of the scratch "I thought we were having a moment"

The cats jumped back onto the cart and Rare continued to trot back into town toward the inn, when he got there he realized he was broke. "Well buck" In the distance he saw a tree that would be well suited as a good sleeping spot. There he set up a make shift tent out of one of the many banner examples he had brought with him "well come on" the cats acknowledged his invitation and jumped on his back. and he laid down and fell asleep. Then his loud snoring started

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#45 2012-05-13 21:50:21

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

Free Form poured over the books in the Manor's library. One after the other he dug into the depths of Trotton's history. Some of them were copies of books already in the Archives, or more likely, the original copy that the Archives version was based on, while most others were an extensive encyclopaedia of information about Trotton's history, Tartarus, Hippocrene, and various other discoveries about this side of the Everfree Forest. There was even an extensive bestiary of the creatures that lived around and inside the Gates of Tartarus. There was no doubt that this knowledge would be invaluable.

The most exciting section, though, was that based on Trotsiphone. There was an entire bookcase, no, an entire section of wall dedicated to her. Free Form gushed upon this discovery. Sure, there were some of the same tales and recordings that the Archivist had stumbled upon while "on the job", but they were few and far between the works that he found unique to this library. There was no way Free Form would have enough time to absorb all of this knowledge tonight. It was impossible.

Modesty suddenly overtook Free Form and forced him to make a judgement call. He'd have to leave his personal interests for another day and instead focus on reading and recording the works within Trotton Manor's library that were imperative to Canterlot's safety. Reluctantly, Free Form trotted away from the massive shrine dedicated to Trotsiphone and towards the remainder of the library. He had obligations to the Archives to fulfill. There was new information here and he had to record it for the betterment of Equestria whether it was against the Earl's will or not. Free Form couldn't be sure if this was even part of his order from Celestia, but it was unlikely that her or any of the other Scribes would argue. In fact, they'd likely do the same.

The stallion poured over several books regarding the history of the Manor itself from its original point of conception to the frivolous ghost tales that had been shared between the citizens of Trotton. Sure, maybe this was a little unnecessary, but Free Form refused to refute his self-imposed duty. He then moved on to Tartarus and the mystique surrounding it. The Archives had very little on Tartarus as few ponies dared venture around the gates let alone inside. This was a treasure trove of new information, though, and it was all likely thanks to Trotsiphone.

Free Form absorbed everything he read for what seemed like hours. Truth be told, the Scribe was so enveloped in his reading that he had no idea how long it had been since he entered the library. Every book that he had brought back to the lone table in the library had been read from cover to cover. It wasn't more than a dozen of the most important ones, but how long had he been at it?

Looking towards one of the few windows in the library, Free Form noted that the night sky seemed mostly unchanged. Chances were that the night was still pretty young, and now that he had finished the most important books the stallion saw fit to use some leisure time exploring Trotsiphone's wall. Though, as he stood, a Free Form noticed a wave of weariness overtake him. He shook it off as best as he could and slowly shuffled his hooves towards the massive wall of books.

Somewhere along the wall was a book that Free Form knew he had to delve into, but which one was it? There were so many to chose from, but which one first? Free Form browsed the wall of text for a couple of moments, which then turned into minutes. There was just too much. The Earth pony shook his head again, he was getting way too drowsy. That's when it hit him. Not any idea or revelation, but a book. In his sleepy state, Free Form had accidentally managed to lean into the massive book case before him. It hardly felt like enough to move such a large book case, but then he considered that he was more tired than he originally thought. Maybe the book had been just barely hanging off the top shelf. He couldn't even begin to guess with the endless collection of loose hanging books that he noticed above him.

Free Form glanced at the old large-spiral bound book that had hit him in the head. It was laying upside down, but he could already tell it was an unusual book. It was beaten and worn. The cover was nearly eroded, but the pages were miraculously intact if a little browned and weathered. He was afraid to touch it for fear of the book turning to dust, but then reconsidered its durability. It had landed on him from who knows how high up. Shaking the drowsiness from his head again, Free Form turned the book over and gasped.

Trotsiphone:
Trials and Tribulations

The words emblazoned the front of the bound book in gold. Was this what it looked like? This book looked like no other in the library, or Trotsiphone's wall. Every book on every shelf was perfectly bound and maintained. This book was well beyond what the age of what its usefulness should have been, but it was still strong. It was unbound at the spine and some of the pages even seemed a bit disheveled, as if they had ripped from the ring binding well before the book had fallen. Free Form studied it a little longer before something else caught his eye. A piece of paper stuck out of the book that was thicker than the rest of the pages in the book. The curious stallion couldn't help but tug at it gently. Gentle lines painted the corners of the paper enough to give hint at an obvious, consistent form somewhere on it.

Free Form resisted, though. He couldn't if this is what he thought it was. But this was a once-in-a-lifetime chance. What if someone else found this book and disposed of it, or hid it? He might be the only pony to have seen this book in ages. That's when curiosity got the best of the stallion as he quickly scooped the book up and carried it gently in his mouth towards the table.

As he sat, Free Form didn't hesitate to open the book and study what was before him. The thick, folded paper was right on top and the first object on his list. The Archivist unfolded it gently and knew exactly what he was looking at. It was a perfectly detailed body-shot of Trotsiphone standing boldly with a certain poise that only a pegasus of her caliber might have. Free Form knew exactly what he was looking at now, and the handwriting on the first page gave it all away: this was Trotsiphone's personal journal.

Free Form had accidentally stumbled upon a gold mine.

OOC: I'm not 100% familiar with Tisiphone or Tartarus, so I might do a little research for my next post. In any case, I might do some backstory building with Trotsiphone just for the sake of giving a little more depth to the world so long as nobody minds.

#46 2012-05-14 16:57:16

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Lilac Iris opened the door to her room at The Sleeping Hydra. She hadn't spent too much time her since her arrival in Trotton, instead spending the day at the festival and the night outside with Victory Star.

The room was similar to most decent inn rooms, with the standard bathroom sofa,  a small table, two chairs,and a bed big enough for two.
The few items that she had brought with her were sitting at the base of the bed, still packed after her journey. Lilac walked over to her bags and opened a long flat one. From out of it she slid a dark pink dress with white swirls all along the border, if one looked closer they would notice that  the swirls were white stems that ended in small white blossoms, similar to Lilies of the Valley.  She had gotten the dress  from a boutique in Manehatten during a visit to her parents perfumery, and had fallen in love with it the moment she had laid eyes on it.

She took it and draped it gently over the back of one of the chairs, she would be wearing it tomorrow during the dance that would be at the end of the next day of the festival. Lilac Iris had to admit she was excited for tomorrow, since she had sold her entire stock of flowers the day before she would have the entire day off to relax and enjoy herself. For the moment though it was late, and if she wanted to have enough energy for tomorrow she would have to get some sleep. The trouble was that after her dream in the forest and her meeting with Rare, she was too charged up to sleep.

“Well only one way to solve this,” Lilac said to herself, and she walked into the bathroom to begin running a bath. Once she got the water going and the tub began to fill she walked back into the main room and began digging through another bag she had brought with her, drawing out a small pouch. Opening it she took a sniff and a slow relaxing breath. The pouch contained a mixture of several flowers, the main one being lavender. In all honesty she normally drank it as a tea, but it created an incredible relaxing atmosphere when added to any water.  Walking back into the bathroom she found the tub half full and a thin could of steam beginning to form. She promptly upended the pouch and poured it's contents into the bath.

The effect was almost immediate as the scents spread to fill the small rooms, and quickly turning the water a light purple. The effect on Lilac Iris was almost immediate, and she undid the wilting lilacs from her hair, allowing them to fall to the ground, and slid into the water. She could could feel her muscles loosening in the hot water also immediatly. She laid there in the water for several minutes, simply enjoying the feel of the water surrounding her and the scent of lavender and moist air filling her nostrils. Some ponies needed grand adventure to feel happy and fulfilled, but for Lilac it was moments like this were she felt the happiest, short of those spent in her gardens of course, but she was getting less and less of that.

Being the owner of one of the largest and most successful flower gardens in Equestria had it's perks, but it had many downsides. The greatest one being that she got to spend less and less time in her garden as she spent more and more time making deals and looking over the books, making sure that everything added up. Lilac had had to make sure everyone else was busy so she could take this delivery and get away from the pressures of business for a few short days.

Lilac pushed those thoughts away as she add some more hot water to the bath. Her time in Trotten was to relax, she could worry about business on the entire journey to Manehatten if she wanted, but for now she just wanted to enjoy a day or two of freedom. The earth pony laid there for several minutes more, enjoying the scent of flowers and the sound of near silence.

With a final sigh she righted herself and climbed out of the tub, drying herself with a towel emblazoned with the logo of The Inn. Grabbing a comb off the sink she brushed her mane, allowing it to dry some before leaving the bathroom, sauntering slowly towards the bed. Before she had barely been able to think of sleep, but now she could hardly hardly keep her eyes open.

Lilac Iris crawled into the large bed and under the blankets, her last thought being of the scent of lavender still hanging in her mane.

OOC: So many others are having times of massive story development and here I am taking a bath haha.

Normal is boring.

#47 2012-05-14 22:23:02

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

As Rare slept his cats awoke; the snoring had awoken them up and they felt playful enough to explore the town around them. As they started there little walk they caught the sweetest smell of lavender, they snuck there way into the inn and followed the smell leading them to Liliac's room. Then they managed to get the door open through there crafty ways, then they saw what looked like flowers(their favorite snack) Walking toward the dress like a starving pony in front of a buffet, Sydney bit it only to find it being fabric. So she started to pick at the many threads of the dresses trim, while Spunky followed the smell to the bathroom where he saw a emptied tub still with the intense smell of lavender in it. He jumped in only to jump out due to the unseen water, they picked up another smell of lavender guiding them to the bed. There they saw Liliac sleeping, they both jumped on the bed and snuggled up to Liliac's head. Purring Happily they fell asleep, while the room it self looked as if a tornado had gone through it. While this had been happening Rare started to dream.

*There Rare stood in a blank darkness only with light around him and what sounded like a whisper in the distance*

"They'll never accept you....They don't know you like I do...."

Rare hearing this responded "WHOS THERE!"

All of the sudden a mirror appeared in front of him "well hey there good looking, whats cooking"

his reflection just stood there like he was looking at a portrait, not matching a single movement he did

"What the...." All of the sudden the reflection burst out of the mirror jumping on Rare showing fangs and solid blue eyes, then in the distance was a large pair of florescent green eyes.

The whisper turned into a shout "YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL NEVER GET AWAY FROM ME!"

Then he awoke screaming, head hitting the branch above him knocking him out

Last edited by Acheron187 (2012-05-15 00:05:30)

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#48 2012-05-15 08:59:27

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Lilac Iris had had as far as she could tell a deep and dreamless sleep, the lavender bath had more then helped to calm her nerves. As she slowly woke back up she felt....warm, almost too warm. She thought maybe that the sun was shining through the window onto her head, but as she continued to awake that the it didn't just feel warm, but fuzzy? AND BREATHING!!!

Lilac shot up with a start, catapulting one of the fuzzballs to the end of the bed, as it turned to face her the second one hopped over and joined its companion. Both turning to look back at the purple earth pony with the cutest looks they could muster.

(OOC:Cats attempt to distract Lilac Iris from what they did last night. Roll d6 at -2 for Lilac's strong dislike of cats and rude awakening)

(RESULT= 4-2=2 (failure))

The cats gave their best effort to try to distract the earth pony, but Lilac Iris was already scanning the room, horrified at what she saw. The door was unlocked and her belonging were strewn all over the room.

“Oh please don't have touched...” she said as her eyes scanned over to her dress, it was still draped over the chair but she could see some of the white thread on the bottom that had form beautiful delicate flowers was now hanging off the dress and lying on the floor.

“WHY YOU LITTLE!!!!!” Lilac dove from her position and grabbed at the cats, she manage to get her hooves around one of them while the second jumped backwards, only to spring forward and scratch her in order to try and free their companion. The cat grab onto Lilac's back, and she rolled over in order to try to dislodge her unwanted passenger, all while refusing to let go of the other, which was all the while trying to scratch her also.

The feline on her back jumped off as the pony rolled and landed near her rump, but before it could make a move back into the fight it received a glancing kick from one of lilac's back hooves, and while she hadn't hit dead on it was enough to make the cat fall back and run out the door.

Left now with only the one she was holding, Lilac Iris stumbled over the end of the bed and grabbed a heavy canvas bag, using her mouth to upend it and pour it's few remaining contents on the floor. Then using her mouth to help hold the cat in place like a lion holding her cub, she struggle to hold the bag open with one hoof and shoved her assaulter inside, promptly closing it with the drawstring.

“There,” Lilac said breathing hard, the cat would eventually be able to claw their way through, but it would take it a very long while, that canvas was made to withstand almost anything and Lilac used ones just like to to hold sharp gardening equipment.

Finally Lilac was able to inspect the damage. Everything was intact, just tossed about, all expect her dress of course. As she examined the dress she found that the damage wasn't too severe, hopefully no pony would notice the damage, and she would try to find someone in town to repair it.

“Now how did you get in her?” She ask the still writhing sack, getting nothing but an angry yowl for a response. She walked over to the door and saw all the scratch marks on and around the lock, so the cats had somehow let themselves in, at least that meant nopony had been trying to purposely harm her.

Still... she needed to find who own these cats and see if she couldn't get them to pay for some of the damages, especially for her dress repairs. She quickly slid on her saddlebags and dropped a pouch of bits and the dress(neatly folded) into one and the captive cat into the other. Not knowing where to start first, Lilac Iris decided to try and find the owner, so she began walking to the last place she had seen cats, with Rare at the fairgrounds.

It didn't take her long to reach the fairgrounds, especially at the speeds the fuming earth pony was going. At the far end she saw a banner set up like a tent, and when she got closer she saw Rare snoring beneath it, moving slightly in his dreams while one cat laid by his side, a piece of white thread still hanging from it's mouth. Wanting answers immediately she gave the white unicorn several swift, and not so gentle, kicks to the abdomen until he awoke and promptly took the dress out and laid it before him.

“LOOK WHAT YOUR LITTLE BRUTES DID TO MY DRESS! NOT TO MENTION ALL THE OTHER CHAOS THEY CAUSED! CARE TO EXPLAIN MR.RARE? OR SHOULD I GET THE PROPER AUTHORITIES INVOLVED!”

Normal is boring.

#49 2012-05-15 11:22:29

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

After Rare had been knocked out after hitting his head into the branch, he was awoken later by none other than Iris who had a very angry look on her face.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR!" in response to getting kicked a few times

“LOOK WHAT YOUR LITTLE BRUTES DID TO MY DRESS! NOT TO MENTION ALL THE OTHER CHAOS THEY CAUSED! CARE TO EXPLAIN MR.RARE? OR SHOULD I GET THE PROPER AUTHORITIES INVOLVED!”

Rare just stood there looking at the damaged dress not sure exactly what to say or do, his mind had just halted not able to process the information in front of him. He tried and tried to think of a way to escape from this bad predicament. It had been a solid minute of silence until Rare could think of anything to do, He saw another opportunity for a sale.

"Well Miss Iris I see this beautiful dress is damaged, not to worry cause Rare's dress repair is on the job! *Rushing to the cart and back* " I also design them myself!" *eyebrows going up and down*

He rushed back to his cart, once again digging through pulling out all sorts of things till he found his sewing supplies. He ran back up to Iris sewing machine, pincushion, fabric, threads, needles, and manican in a massive pile all on his back. He ran back to his cart once again and pulled out a large stack of crudely made clothing.

"SO WHAT IS IT YOU WOULD LIKE! I GOT VESTS! DRESSES! SLIPPERS! how about this tasteful hat?" *Daintily slamming it on her head* "How about a necklace!" *flashing his front hooves full of different necklaces*

"and I'll tell you what, because I'm such a nice guy I'll both repair your current dress and allow you to pick from my glorious selection of clothing and jewelry. Popping his head close to hers "Discounted of course" rushing back to his sewing machine, and pulling out a note pad and quil "so! what can I put you down for?" *His eyes open wide, sparkling and awaiting a response*

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#50 2012-05-15 13:31:13

"Who's there?"
The white stallion was startled by a loud noise.

"Show yourself!"

Perhaps it wasn't a loud noise at all... In this prison, noise itself was a rarity. Almost to the point of sight taking it's place.
The stallion had begun to identify volume based entirely on appearance.

~♦♦♦~
Long ago, there was a Pegasus named Victory Star, son of Simple Melody and Adventure Star.
He lived alone on the streets of Canterlot, causing all sorts of mischief in the name of "freedom." Though incredibly young, he seemed unstoppable. No obstacle ever stood in his way he belived he couldn't shatter to pieces.
He was good at alot of things, sure, but he wasn't invincible. There were always bigger fish to fry. He wanted to be on top.

But one day, his arrogance got the best of him.

He wanted magic.

So he begged and pleaded his only friend to use his dark magic to transform Victory into a Chala Il.
(An animal blessed to transcend natural ability.)
His friend consulted his mentor, who realized the danger of Victory's reckless greed when others could not.
"Leave the young one to me. He will get his transformation."

The mentor stood before Victory, and warned him the dangers of arrogance.
"You walk a path of self-destruction. You will be taught discipline, by my hoof or the hooves of others."
"I want some kind of magic. I need luck or something! Good luck!"
The determination in his eyes only disappointed the Mentor.
"Very well, but in exchange for this luck, You shall lose what is most precious to you... Your freedom."
Dubious clouds filled the sky.
Victory's soul was stripped from his body, sent to the abyss until he had learned the error of his ways.
All that remained was an empty shell. His friend had gone to confort him. With all of his might, a small fraction of his foolish friend was able to surface.
The mentor however, had kept his promise. What was left of Victory was very lucky.
~♦♦♦~
The stallion heard noise, and felt warmth radiate around him. Indicators night was ending, and he would be suppressed again, until his next slumber.
One day, he'd get his life back. That old stallion may have been right, but Victory certainly didn't deserve to die here.

~♦♦♦~

Victory awoke to soft grass and warm sunlight. He yawned, stretched and celebrated his soft, dreamless sleep with a warm smile. He turned to his friend to greet her on such a beautiful morning...
But she was gone. Victory was confused. O.0
"Oh well. Nothing to do now, but explore!"
Victory set off for another day in town.

Supsup?

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB