Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#76 2012-05-18 13:31:36

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: [Trot] New Beginnings and Victory

"What are you talking about? I am Rare Arts" The creature said as he continued to to walk towards Lilac Iris as she back further and further back. It seemed confident, as if it believed every word of what it was saying. The changeling stopped and stared at a nearby window for a moment, it's eyes growing even larger then they already were.

He turned back towards Lilac Iris "Please STOP! hear me out" He yelled, and as he did the baker ran out of the door of his bakery screaming “CHANGLING!” over and over as he ran towards the fairgrounds.

"Please Liliac, let me explain myself" The white changeling said and once again continued to advance on her. She backed away yet again. "I may look like this but I am the pony who you have been talking to, and getting to know. This is not my permanent form, the way you have seen me is how I normally am"

Her steps began to falter, could thing creature really be Rare Art? The colors matched but.... was it possible?

"FINE! be that way!" it screamed out, and with that it unfolded it's wings and took flight. Lilac tried to follow where he was going, but lost him in the sun, and she couldn't hear the rasp of his wings over the sound of the mob that had begun to form, the townsponies arriving just in time to see the changeling take flight, some of them setting of in pursuit, but going in several different directions.

Lilac just stood there dumbfounded. There was no way that changeling was Rare Art, but it had changed while she was holding it...him. What did he mean by not his permanent form?
Lilac stood there in the street for a while longer, going back in forth in her head over her time with Rare and what had just happened. 

By the end she still didn't know for sure what to believe, she had seen everything happen with her own eyes, and that had left her more confused then she thought possible. Lilac Iris did know one thing though, whether or not that changeling had been Rare Art, she still owed a debt to the white unicorn. With that she began wandering back towards the boutique, no longer feeling like picking flowers.

She found it right where he left it, sitting in front of Trotisphone's closet, Rare's cart. Sitting right on top what what she had been hoping to find.

“Hello,” she said to the two cats, who began looking at her curiously. “I know that you and I have never been on the best of terms, but your owner has been very kind to me. The trouble is that I don't know where he is right now, and I know how much he cared for you too. I have no idea when, or if, he will be back.” Lilac stopped and sniffled.

“He would want you to be  taken care....He was a kind pony, and a pony who I owe a lot. That's why I feel I should be the one to take care of you until he returns. You are welcome to come back to my room at the Inn if you want. I know you know how to find it.” with that she started back to her room, stopping only briefly to pick up milk and some food for the cats in case they decided to join her.

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#77 2012-05-18 17:06:03

Victory ate his fill of grass.

Nopony saw his precious flower's beautiful swan song.

Nopony heard his fast melodic tune...

But he didn't mind.

The feeling was too familiar. He was alone.
Again.

With a depressed sigh, Victory had begun to fashion a temporary home from the live branches of the powerful trees.

The oaks would be his guardians, from the uncertainty of the sky.
A beautiful friend,
a dastardly foe,
And you'll never know why.

The forest is friendly,
Protective and kind,
No matter what you are, who, how or why,
Sanctuary you'll find.

But beware the Ides of march,
For The Forest saves all,
This means you'll lie with demons,
Who hate you in all.

Take shelter in branches,
And weave out a home,
And when danger advances,
Away they will roam.

When Victory felt lonely or cast out, He would remember the soft voice of a mare long forgotten...

She would sing things like that all the time.

~♦♦♦~

When Victory finished his new abode he planted, what he assumed, was a beautiful garden.
Lilac would be proud.

Suddenly,  the woodland creatures began to flee like wildfire.
What was going on?
Did the embers from his fire spread to far?
No. It looked fine.

The screams were unpleasant. Victory put out the flames and prepared to provide assistance when the buzz of a large insect-like pony flew overhead.

Victory was wondering why it was in such a hurry, when he noticed the flames.
" Oh no..."

Victory flew after the insect as hard as his wings could take him, cutting him off in the process.
"Are you okay!? You're on fire!"

Supsup?
"Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel."

#78 2012-05-18 23:16:28

Fire Blossom

LewaBolt had laid low in the side street, waiting out the panic that had occurred from the Changeling. His stomach was still growling in protest for nourishment, but the thought of being trampled about had made him stay put.

LewaBolt had only waited for a little, and the panicked yells had seemed to have stopped. It seemed that without the object of fear present, everything had returned to normal, except for some suspicious glances that could be seen on some ponys faces. Some ponys even gave him a glace as if he were about to transform and attack them when he got back on the main road. The owner bakery that had been the first pony to run from the changeling, had returned to his shop, peering through the window trying to determine if “It” was gone. When the baker saw LewaBolt, a touch of happiness could be seen on the colts face.

“Well if it isn’t my old friend LewaBolt” the baker greeted when he opened door. “How have you been? I haven’t seen you come by for quite a while.”

LewaBolt gave him an innocent smile “ah, you know how I can become preoccupied with my work” starting to fight his urge for muffins as he saw a case full. “I’ve been eating mostly carry out from the small eatery by my house; don’t want to go too far from my house when I’m in the middle of inspiration”

The baker seemed a touch disappointed with LewaBolt’s eating habits, but was still happy see an old face. “So have you come for your usual, a bakers dozen of apple cinnamon muffins?” LewaBolt looked at him with a uneasy look and replied “ye...yes”

The baker was confused with the way LewaBolt had replied, but shrugged to himself, thinking that he could just be experiencing the fear of the sudden appearance of a changeling still.
“May I ask you something?” LewaBolt said as the baker as he went behind the glass case to retrieve his order “sure, what is it?” The baker said, placing muffins in a pink box. “ do you know anything about the,um…white unicorn that changed into a changeling?”

The baker told him that he knew nothing about the unicorn the changeling had been in the form of, but a mare that had come in had asked for a picnic basket for two. It seemed that she was to go somewhere with the changeling unicorn. “I hope that monster didn't harm her in any way” the baker finished

“I think I should check on her” LewaBolt said, the baker had agreed with this statement. “But were am I to find her?”

“I think she might be staying at The Sleeping Hydra, I saw her in the lobby when I was making a delivery.” The baker said in thought.

“Well I guess I better go check” LewaBolt said as he walked out of the shop. “What-wait, what about your order?” the baker shouted out the door. “I’ll be back for it later”

It hadn’t taken long to get to the Inn; it was only about a five minute walk from the bakery. LewaBolt had asked the Pony at the registration desk of the Inn about the purple mare that had been with the changeling, and she was in fact did have a lodging here, he would have to thank his baker friend when he returns.

He knocked on the door he was told was hers.  The door had opened with a purple earth pony greeting “Hello? Can I help you with something?

“Hey, er” LewaBolt started saying “…could I ask you about your unicorn friend that flew off?” He was only replied with a sad and confused look.

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2012-05-21 13:54:39)

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#79 2012-05-19 01:28:08

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Lilac Iris returned to her room at The Sleeping Hydra Inn, she left the items for the cats in the corner. She slowly walked over to the table and set the picnic basket on it.

“I won't be needing that anymore.” She said sadly, and walked over to the bed, curling up on top of the covers, her eyes beginning to tear up again. Today had been going so well after its rough beginnings and opportunities had lay ahead. Now she felt like not doing anything and simply staying here in her room until she left for her gardens near Manehatten.

She looked around and saw that everything was still strewn about from the cat's playtime last night, and seeing something to do to help keep her mind off Rare Art she began to organize her things, packing them into their respective bags, including two bottle of her favorite white wine from a vineyard near her gardens. In her searching she also found another bag of her special teas, and while this one also have a lavender base, it was a much darker, almost sensual aroma. The purple earth pony gave a shrug

“It couldn’t hurt” She thought to herself, opening the pouch and setting it on top of the dresser. Acting like a popuri its scent began slowly filling the room. About this time she heard a knock on the door, startling Lilac slightly, she hadn't been expecting visitors. She walked over and opened the door, finding the dark purple unicorn she had seen on the street earlier.

“Hello? Can I help you with something?” she asked him, trying to keep her tone sounding kind of cheerful.

“Hey, er” The unicorn started saying “…could I ask you about your unicorn friend that flew off?”

The mention of Rare Art and the incident earlier saddened Lilac Iris once again, and this was also the first time anyone had called them friends.

“ummmmmmmm” Lilac said with a hint of sadness, she had known in the back of her mind that ponies would be asking her what happened, but it was a reality she didn't want to accept, she just wanted it to end. When she was about to simply say “no” and close the door she heard the Unicorn's stomach give a terrible growl.

“Oh my,” she said staring at him, now more astonished then sad, “You must be starving, I have a lunch in here if you want it, the pony I was going to go with, well you saw what happened to him.” The sadness return again, and she turned back so The unicorn wouldn't see her misty eyes and walked over to the table, opening the basket and pulling out the bottle of cider, uncapping one for herself and taking a small sip as she walked to sit on the bed

Lilac thanks the goddesses as she felt the slight bite of alcohol and was glad the mare in the cafe had given her hard cider instead of that kiddie stuff. She wasn't an alcoholic she always told herself, it was just after a hard day of dealing with business affairs a drink or three helped to take the edge off the stress so she could sleep better. Even though it was not even noon yet this day had already had plenty of stress, and she took a long pull from the bottle.

“My name is Lilac Iris by the way.” She said to the Dark purple Stallion who had stepped into the room and sat at the table. With that she began telling her story, starting with waking up to find her dress damaged, her confrontation with Rare Art and his act of giving her the Jeweld Iris, pausing only to take sips of cider. She continued on to their time after leaving the boutique and all the way up to when the changeling flew away.

By the time she was finished with her story so was the bottle of cider, and she had a light and pleasant buzz as a result.

“So what's your story Mr.....  you know,I don't think I ever got your name.” she said to the Stallion. She looked at him as he answered she couldn't help looking him up and down, spending a generous amount of time staring at his flank and backside. Maybe it was the cider, or maybe it was the pleasantly dark aroma filling the room, but this Unicorn seemed to be getting more attractive by the minute.

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-05-19 01:28:38)

Normal is boring.

#80 2012-05-19 09:05:07

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Trotton Maneor Library

Arcane Flame looked up from his book to see the groggy and disheveled Earth Pony who had been sleeping in his library.

"Ah, you're up!" Arcane said with a grin as he looked up from the rather horrible pseudo-philosophical garbage that was U. Warrior's A Treatise on the Nature of Destrucity.

Arcane cleared his throat and then walked over to face Free Form. He then rose on his hind legs and spread his fore legs wide as his horn lit up with a silvery glow. Gigantic green colored flames roared up behind him with little sparks shooting off which exploded in little bursts of green and white as a dramatic jolly theme started playing.

"GREETINGS VISITOR," He said in a booming voice, "I AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL FLAME OF THE ARCANE, ARCANE FLAME!!! THE BARON OF TROTTON, A KNIGHT OF THE SOCK, AN INITIATE OF THE ILLUSTRIOUS ORDER OF THE CELESTIAL DAWN, A BOARD MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING OF THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE FAN CLUB, AND A STUDENT OF PRINCESS CELESTIA HERSELF!!!

Arcane paused briefly for dramatic effect while saying under his breath 'pause for dramatic effect'. Arcane then shot out an accusatory hoof at Free Form before booming: "WHO ART THOU WHO HAS COME TO MINE MANEOR?"

Lunar Shine's Quarters,
Trotton Maneor

"I'm not wearing that! It's not aerodynamic!... and it looks like a clown suit to boot!", Shine protested as she was shown the Flame family livery. It was an archaic ghastly tunic with a design that was divided into four quarters on both sides, the front right (left when worn) and lower left had a green and white checker board pattern and the other two quarters were pure white with the exception of the white square on the front left which bared a tri-tipped orange flame.

"Fine," Dusk said finally relented and held up a sliver chain with an nonagon emblem on it bearing the tri-tipped flame symbol of the Flame family, "if nothing else you can just wear the Flame Family livery collar for now until we can find something better... and take off that cowpony hat!"

"No." Shine said as Dusk sighed, this was going to be a long day.

OOC: Wiki article on livery collars.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#81 2012-05-19 11:19:03

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Rare set on his goal flew back to town getting all the power he could muster from his newly formed wings, he noticed a pegasus was following him and sped-up thinking he was a part of the mob. He stopped Rare and started to speak "Are you okay!? You're on fire!"

He was amazed that this one was not running away or attacking him, he was also amazed that he was just asking a question about his wellness. Did he not know what a changeling was? or was he just more understanding then all the other ponies of the town. "I'm fine thank you..." *his tone got more serious* "I have to go to town and talk to someone very important, I would recommend that you don't come into town as there will likely be problems"

With this flew away not letting the pegasus get a word out and started to think of the dream he had previous night, he thought of the dreams meaning of it and how he wants to defy it. As he got closer he saw his cart still sitting where he left it, and landed next to. As quickly as he could without anypony noticing him as they were at the fairgrounds, he dug through the cart looking for his armor he had kept a hold of as a keep sake(it was all purple with a gold trim to it, very similar to the same armor that Shining Armor wears. Since Rare and his brother had both inherited the changeling magic she employed both as underlings to Shining Armor, he himself was aware of their history with the changeling hoard.) He found it and flew back away from the town,*the cats had noticed he had appeared and were at he window of the bathroom clawing at the glass and meowing* he stopped until he found a river he could use as a mirror and put on his old armor reminiscing about the days that he started to miss, the days were he was looked up to as a hero by the many other guard under him. He felt that is was time and walked toward the town and still in changeling form, he walked by the boutique looking up at the window with no regret what he had experienced with Liliac. He continued to walk toward the fairground where he would face the crowd with bravery like his great great grandfather had done before him.

He had dropped a letter by the cart.

Dearest, Liliac

I understand why you would be afraid of me, I have met many friends who were good friends till they learned what I am. *for the next paragraphs he explained what he was and his family history, he had also explained what he was in Canterlot and what had happened to cause him to leave the city* I have run and looked at all those moments with shame, but not today. Today I shall walk to the fair my changeling form, armor on and in full view so they can see me for what I am. If the worst may happen I shall miss you.

Last edited by Acheron187 (2012-05-19 11:28:35)

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#82 2012-05-19 14:10:14

Fire Blossom

“Hey, er” The LewaBolt had started saying “…could I ask you about your unicorn friend that flew off?”

The reply in the purple earth pony’s face seemed to have saddened by his mere mention of the white unicorn. LewaBolt could also tell by the way her eyes looked at him, she was having conflicted thoughts on how to handle the situation.
The earth pony was about to say something to him, until a loud *Growl* interrupted her. “al hay” he had thought to himself “I should have grabbed something before I ran out the bakery.”

“Oh my!” the mare looked at him with a surprised look. “You must be starving, I have a lunch in here if you want it, the pony I was going to go with, well you saw what happened to him.” As she had finished talking, LewaBolt could see the sadness returning back to her, as she turned away from him heading to a small table in the inns room.

LewaBolt followed her in, but had become a touch unnerved being in a room alone with a mare. He wasn’t afraid of her, and she was beautiful, it was just he had always been sky whenever it came to being with one alone. He heard a slight *Pop* from a bottle as he sat across the table in the opposite from  her. The bottle she had opened seemed to be some sort of apple cider “I wonder if it’s hard pressed…”

“My name is Lilac Iris by the way” the purple earth pony told him as she took a small sip from the bottle of cider. After the two seemed be sitting comfortably, she started telling her story about the white unicorn. She had said his name was Rare Art, and that two cats of his can somehow got into her room, damaging a dress she was to be wearing soon. “they must have done more than that” he thought to himself as he glanced about unnoticeably, since he was still wearing his protective eye wear, seeing the room in a bit of a mess.

She continued her story with the confrontation she had with him about her dress, him agreeing on accompany her to retrieve a flower in the EverFree Forest, and the jewel he had gifted to her. The last thing she had told him was when they were at the café, as she lifted the bottle of cider, trying to get the last drop.

The last bit of her story he half knew, since he was there, and he couldn’t help notice from the way she had talked about Rare that she had grown attached to him in the short time she knew him.

“So what’s your story Mr…. you know, I don’t think I ever got your name.” Lilac had said. LewaBolt didn’t notice he hadn’t introduced himself before he had entered this mare’s current establishment. “I am LewaBolt, Local Inventor and mechanical repair pony!” he said, announcing himself happily while eating an apple he had taken from the basket of food. ” I…eh…came to ask if you knew anything about your…um…friends wings?” LewaBolt could feel in his gut that this question of his would seem a bit questionable, since it has become natural for ponies to be afraid of Changeling now, so he finished as best as he could. “Knowledge on them could help me finish a current…project I’m working on….” LewaBolt had noticed that the purple mare was examining him.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” LewaBolt blurted out nervously.

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2012-05-19 15:28:08)

thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#83 2012-05-19 15:50:12

Victory was perplexed.
That insect wasn't...
No.

Every changeling Victory had ever met was black.
But he looked so...

Oh no.
He's heading into town.
Victory recently recalled an article about a changeling army attacking Canterlot. Knowing most ponies, the "changeling" could be attacked in a wave of post-violence paranoia.

He couldn't just let that happen...

Victory garbed himself in the armor of a Canterlot Paige, weilding his flute as a blade.
He had little experience in combat, but a Paige was certainly nothing to scoff at.
Which would be great if Victory was an actual Paige. He hoped it would be enough to derive most challengers.

~♦♦♦~

Victory galloped into town, hoping to make some excuse as to why the changeling was there.
Eventually, he decided he would state that he was ordered to escort a non-violent changeling of high social order through their town.
"Just seeing the sights!"
By the time he arrived
however, he saw the changeling sporting full-on general's armour.

Whoever this was, he was official.

But would the Villagers respond well to his presence?

The stallion decided to wait and see.

Last edited by Victory Star ♦♦♦ (2012-05-19 15:54:41)

Supsup?

#84 2012-05-20 17:18:04

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

OOC: Sorry for the slower response. Was helping with my sister's birthday/graduation/end of drama club Party

“I am LewaBolt, Local Inventor and mechanical repair pony!” he said, announcing himself happily while eating an apple he had taken from the basket of food. ” I…eh…came to ask if you knew anything about your…um…friends wings?”

Lilac Iris only half heard the Dark purple Unicorn say as she continue to ogle him. He was an attractive stallion, and even more so due to the alcohol in her system and the dark scent filling the room. She had never really been good with stallions, but then again she hadn't had too much experience either, always keeping busy in her garden or lost in book.

“Knowledge on them could help me finish a current…project I’m working on….” The Unicorn contiued on, but beginning to trail off. “Why are you looking at me like that?” LewaBolt blurted out nervously.

Lilac Iris may not have had much experience with stallions in real life, but she had read more then her share of romance novels. With that knowledge and the confidence of liquid courage she slid off the bed and began slowly walking over to LewaBolt.

“Well Mr.LewaBolt, I can't say I know much about that changelings wings, but there is something I WOULD like to know.” Lilac Iris continued sauntering over to the still seated unicorn, circling around him and rubbing her flank on his. She moved her head right next to his and whispered in his ear.

“You have any plans for tonight? I would sure love if a handsome stallion like you could....show me the town.

Normal is boring.

#85 2012-05-20 21:07:53

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

"GREETINGS VISITOR," Arcane Flame said in a booming voice, "I AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL FLAME OF THE ARCANE, ARCANE FLAME!!! THE BARON OF TROTTON, A KNIGHT OF THE SOCK, AN INITIATE OF THE ILLUSTRIOUS ORDER OF THE CELESTIAL DAWN, A BOARD MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING OF THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE FAN CLUB, AND A STUDENT OF PRINCESS CELESTIA HERSELF!!!

Free Form glanced away for a brief moment in order to disguise his eye roll. So this was the Baron of Trotton, the son of Nocturnal Flame, and the one who had been yelling nonsense last night? Oh, joyous occasion! He was in the midst of another egotistical member of the upper echelon of Canterlot. Well, as upper echelon as a son of an Earl could be these days. The Earth pony didn't doubt his status, just his presentation. In fact, Free Form hardly noticed the unicorn's dramatic pause and was only drawn back into the conversation when he was directly addressed.

"WHO ART THOU WHO HAS COME TO MINE MANEOR?"

Free Form sat unmoved by Arcane's sudden accusatory tone as he stared past the Unicorn's hoof and directly at him with a look of utmost disdain. He couldn't help but feel cynicism claw its way around in his gut, but kept it down as he cleared his throat. One of them had to have enough sensibility to remain professional.

"I-" Free Form started then cut himself off instantly. Although it was a sudden reaction, the burnt-gold stallion probably looked a little off-put. A wicked thought crossed his mind. Glorious Dusk already knew he was here on official business, and it was likely that this nouveau riche Unicorn did as well. So, why not have a little fun? Maybe he could jostle Arcane a little bit and amuse himself.

"I am Free Form, Royal Inspector of Historic Land and Properties. I am here on official business as per royal decree from Princess Celestia herself," Free Form said with the best stern look he could force his face to form. This wasn't the first time he had weaved an intricate lie for fun. Making up stories was his special talent after all. He watched as Arcane Flame's look of accusation retracted into something more worry stricken before trotting away from the line-green Unicorn and towards a stack of books.

"It has come to her attention that this structure, among other things in this run down little town, are not exactly up to par with the standard of safety that is required for one that is so close to Tartarus and the Everfree Forest. It is my job to inspect several important locations within the town and my first stop happened to be here. My inspection of this rather... shabby looking manor lead me to the library, which, as it were, was exactly where I needed to be in order to make record of the history of these structures for the sake of comparison," Free Form stated officially without taking so much as a peek at Arcane Flame and instead half-heartedly attempted to organize the pile of books for effect. The Earth pony didn't really need to see the Unicorn's reaction. This was for his own enjoyment regardless of the level of success.

"After spending the night doing some extensive research, it has come to my attention that this building is well under the regulations for safety and upkeep, which doesn't speak well for the rest of the town," Free Form paused for just a second, as if to mimic Arcane's dramatic pause, "since this is the focal point of Trotton as a whole. Its condition does not speak well for you either and one should hope that the rest of the structures that are paramount to the town's safety are far better off than this manor."

"You never know when Cerberus might fail his duties guarding the Gates."

((Rolling for effectiveness of lie d6: d4))

OOC: I realize that your character already knows that Free Form is an archivist, due to Glorious Dusk and his introduction with her, but Free Form's special talent is more or less lying (in the most innocent sense of the term, I like to think it's creating fiction, but he's just able to apply it to real world situations). So, if it's alright, I'm rolling against you for the effectiveness in which Arcane will question whether or not Glorious Dusk had been mistaken and thus potentially believe Free Form. Of course, if this seems kinda out of place or unneeded just role play your response sans your roll and I will remove mine.))

#86 2012-05-21 04:34:03

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Arcane's look of worry slowly was replaced with a rather large grin as the wheels started turning in his head. This is perfect... father never spent much on this place and it is utterly archaic and uncomfortable... With an official report he'll have to have it fixed up and made more grand and comfortable... AND it will be to MY specifications since I'll be here... Hrmmm... maybe I can sneak in a Mead-filled hot tub...

"Oh that does sound like a serious issue", Arcane responded, "for the good of this fair town and my... I mean this town's glory, please complete your inspection with all do haste and speed the report to my father the Earl of Hoofington at once!!! The lack of a mead filled hot--- I mean the lack of upkeep and the almost spartan nature of this place does not befit the focal point of this glorious town! Oh, and I shall be leaving soon for the festival soon but do make yourself at home in my unfortunately lacking abode!"

With that the smiling joy-filled Arcane quickly hugged Free Form, and then turned as he started joyfully hopping out of the library daydreaming of mead and mare filled hot tubs.

OOC: I understood Free Form right? He's pretending to be an Inspector saying that the Maneor needs to be improved?

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#87 2012-05-21 08:09:47

Fire Blossom

NOTE: this was a bit uncomfortable to right, but I think I set it write, for future plot development as well.

Lilac Iris had been giving LewaBolt a seductive stare, even after he nervously asked why she was.  “Oh Celestia, please don’t tell me that was truly hard apple cider” he had thought to himself, only a split second after verbally expressing his mind. The bottle that was lying next to the mare was completely empty, seeming to have lowed her inhibition.

The seemingly drunk mare had gotten up from where she had been sitting, started to slowly walk towards LewaBolt. “Well Mr.LewaBolt, I can’t say I know much about that changelings wings, but there is something I WOULD like to know.”  Lilac said as she got closer to LewaBolt, circling and caressing him as the Purple earth pony rubbed her flank against his. Moving her head closer to his ear, she whispered “You have any plans for tonight? I would sure love if a handsome stallion like you could....show me the town.”

LewaBolt was Panicking in his mind, he did know what he should do. Sure he had thought the Mare was Beautiful, but he didn’t want to take advantage of somepony that wasn’t in their right mind.

“I was planning to…um…go check out the festival.” LewaBolt said, thinking this would be the best response. “I have missed most of it due to my…work.”
She was still rubbing her flank against his, even after he had told truthfully what he had plan for the rest of the day, but this was starting to get out of hoove. “You said this Rare Art left his cart by the boutique right. Why don’t I bring it over to the Inn before I leave to the festival.” lewaBolt said, Using this honest excuse to try and leave before something regrettable happened.

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2012-05-21 10:56:47)

#88 2012-05-21 14:49:30

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

“I was planning to…um…go check out the festival.” LewaBolt saidI have missed most of it due to my…work.” 

Lilac Iris continued to rub her flank against LewaBolts as he stood there, she could hear the slight nervousness in his voice, but still she continued, just like the mares did in her stories.

“You said this Rare Art left his cart by the boutique right. Why don’t I bring it over to the Inn before I leave to the festival.” The Dark Purple Unicorn spoke again.  The mention of Rare Art and the boutique brought Lilac Iris down to earth slightly. Had it really only been last night that she had met him? It seemed like forever ago, but he was gone now, and This handsome Unicorn was right in front of her. So Lilac decided to try something right out of one of her favorite stories, An Appolosian Affair

She lifted one hoof over LewaBolt's shoulder and began sliding it up his neck.

“You can go and get the cart from the boutique, but I think I that I'll keep these.” With that she took the stallion's goggles in her hoof and lifted them off his head, revealing his emerald green eyes for the first time.

“I'll be waiting here for when you return, you dashing stallion, hurry back, then we can go to the festival...together.” She said in her most seductive voice possible, turning and walking back to the bed, swaying her hips as she did. She finished by climbing onto the bed and laying across longways near the pillows. Shooting a sultry smile back at the unicorn.

Normal is boring.

#89 2012-05-22 02:52:54

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

OOC: Yeah, you understood right, I was just expecting more of a resistance. Oh, well. It will make for interesting story fodder later on anyways.

As Arcane Flame left the library, a look of incredulity crossed Free Form's face. Did the Baron just completely fall for his farce? It wasn't even the Archivists best fib. Especially considering that the Unicorn had to have known he wasn't there for an inspection. Or maybe his trust in Glorious Dusk was more flighty than he thought. Or maybe the Baron was just incredibly simple-minded. Either way, Free Form was dumbfounded.

The library doors creaked shut before filling the room with a hollow boom. Free Form was alone again. Thankfully, Arcane Flame hadn't noticed what he had been reading or that Trotsiphone's journal was before him on the table. With that in mind, he was willing to bet that the line-green Unicorn wouldn't even miss it. No, if the Earth pony had heard right, he was sure that Arcane would be more upset that there wouldn't be whatever mead-filled construction he was hoping on. Free Form sighed heavily. He wasn't sure how he got involved with these kinds of ponies.

With that, Free Form closed the journal gently before picking it up in his mouth. Unfortunately, he hadn't been expecting to carry anything back to his room at the inn or else he would have brought along his saddlebags. He was just going to have to hope that he didn't accidentally damage it or that nobody noticed what it was. The stallion was sure that the latter wasn't much of an issue with the general populace of Trotton, though. He doubted that any of them would realize how important this book was.

Free Form made for the back door that he recalled from his introduction with Glorious Dusk. The sun was high in the sky and almost looked like it was beginning to make its decent towards the horizon. The Earth pony shook his head in frustration. He hated sleeping in so late, but it was a consequence of staying up until dawn. Though, it wasn't like he hadn't made a habit of that anyways. There had been a countless number of sleepless nights in the Archives and this was almost like the rest with just the one exception.

Gently pushing the door open, Free Form took care not to drop the book in his mouth. The door closed with a thud behind him. It was in his best interest to get back to his room with the book as soon as possible. With that, Free Form followed the small path in an easy trot around the side of the manor until it met with the main path leading from the front door down to Trotton. Once there, he picked up his pace into a brisk canter. He wasn't in a rush, but felt the manor shoving him away as if telling him that Arcane Flame would exit out the front door at any moment.

Even though Free Form had to travel all the way through town just to reach The Sleeping Hydra, he was rather pleased that nopony else as really around. So, it was a mostly uneventful trip. Although, he was a bit unnerved by the number of stray ponies talking about some incident with a Changeling that had happened some short time before he had arrived. The Earth pony suddenly found himself picking up his pace into a full gallop after that. He didn't want to be around to find out what was meant by that rumor. Thankfully, it had only occurred a short distance from the inn, though.

Opening the door to the inn, Free Form carefully trotted in and made his way quietly up to his suite. There was no need to cause any unwanted attention. As the door opened to his room, the stallion instantly began looking for any place to stash the book away for later observation. His saddlebags were out of the question, as they were out in the open and housed some of his other personal belongings. Anyone would be able to root through them and there was no telling if he might actually need to take it out of the room. There wasn't much else than that, though. A closet, his night stand, and a small dresser were a couple of notable hiding places, but all equally pointless. Free Form trotted over to the desk and sat the book down for the time being. It was probably in his best interest to take the time to scan the room better.

As Free Form raised his head and turned, his eye caught on a small drawer at the bottom of the desk. There was a lock on the front of it, which meant there was a key somewhere for it. The Earth pony opened the drawer and noticed a small key sitting flat on the bottom of the wooden drawer. Perfect. It probably wasn't the last place somepony might look, but they'd have a hard time getting to the good stuff they knew would be hidden inside. With that, Free Form removed the key with his mouth and gently sat the book in the drawer before shutting it and locking it. For now the key would probably be better off sitting in his saddlebag so he knew where it was.

With that issue taken care of, Free Form decided that now might be a good time to venture out into the festival and explore it proper. He probably missed a few things of interest, especially considering the rumors he had been hearing, but it wasn't like he hadn't prepared to fill any gaps of information. That journal would be on his mind for the rest of the day if he remained in here, so going out to record the rest of the festival was likely in his best interest. It would take his mind off of it for now. As the stallion trotted towards the door to his room, he took one more glance back at the desk and his saddlebag before opening the door and heading out.

#90 2012-05-22 11:12:27

Fire Blossom

LewaBolt had his nerves shaken from his little visit to the mare Lilac Iris, a bit from the fact she knew nothing about the changeling’s wings…and largely from the idea that the dunk mare had tried to seduce him. She had succeeded with a ploy when she had taken his Special goggles; the goggles were the only thing he had that was his father before he had mysteriously disappeared.

“Don’t worry” he had kept telling himself as he had left the Inn, now walking towards his destination “You’ll get them back.” Sweating due both the powerful rays of sun, and from worry of what might befall of his father’s goggles.

It had taken him longer he thought to reach the boutique, for he was having problems adjusting his eyes to the brightness. He was so use to having his vision tinted that he hadn’t thought that bright light would be this harsh.

The cart LewaBolt saw looked to be old and weather, and he could tell when he had approached it closer, it had a good number of variety of goods. Most of the things he could see on the top of the cart were of low or mid-grade quality. One thing caught his attention as he had exam the cart contents; there was a letter with a name on it in large letters,”Lilac Iris” LewaBolt read in confused wonder.

Even though LewaBolt was a curious colt, it only applied to his passion for his creative work, not Ponies personal business. He didn’t want to pry himself into something that could only put him more in the ways of the mare that had his goggles. Sure he would take her with him to the festival, even though she held something of his hostage, a promise is a promise.
---
Fifteen minutes later, LewaBolt had finally hauled the cart to the side of the Inn. “ darn that that cart is heavy, by the power of Celestia, how did that changeling deal with it!” LewaBolt had thought to himself as he panted heavily, hanging to the side of the cart with one of his front legs to stop him from falling to the ground. Still breathing heavily, he struggled back to the room Lilac was at, the letter levitating in the air next to him with a blue aura.

When LewaBolt knocked on the door, Lilac had opened with a flirty stance, his goggles hanging in her mouth.  “This is for you.” LewaBolt passed her the letter, before he pasted out from exertion from pulling the cart, and the lack of energy from barley eating all day.

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2012-05-22 12:22:13)

#91 2012-05-22 13:46:46

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Lilac was sitting on the bed waiting for LewaBolt to return, she had reached into her saddlebags and had taken out a book she had brought with her, a tale of 2 young lovers fighting the odds during the reign of Discord. She had also grabbed the other bottle of cider out of the basket and was nursing it as she read.

She had just gotten to the chapter where the lovers had made it in a cave in an attempt to escape the chaos when she heard a knock on the door.

“Showtime Lilac” She said as she hopped off the bed, taking the goggles in her mouth. Walking across the room she put a steamy smirk on her face and the sway back in her hips. The Earth Pony open the door to find LewaBolt standing there, levitating something in his blue magic.

“This is for you.” he said, and promptly collapsed onto the ground.

“Oh Sweet Celestia!” Lilac exclaimed, moving to the Unicorns side, dropping the goggles “Are you alright!?!” She realized that he had passed out. Her buzz and any thoughts of flirting and seduction were gone, at least for now. She stepped over the fallen LewaBolt and using her head pushed him out of the hallway and into her room.

“Oh Goddesses please be alright,” Lilac was beginning to panic now, not knowing for sure what to do. She began looking frantically around the room for something that might help. Her eyes came to rest on the bag of dried flowers on the dresser, and see quickly grabbed them and held them under The Dark Purple Unicorn's nose.

Moments later LewaBolt's began to open. Lilac gave a small cheer and took The Unicorn in a big hug. “Thank goodness you're alright, I was so afraid, I have your goggles right.....YOUR GOGGLES!” She abruptly took her arms from around him, causing him to drop back to the floor. Running back to the door she found the goggle sitting where they had fallen. Picking them up she examined them quickly for damage, a sigh escaping her mouth when she saw them still in the same condition, but examining them closely for the first time she saw they were old, but well cared for.

Looking back down Lilac Iris saw the item that had been dropped. It was a letter, addressed to her. Moving back inside she tore open the envelop and began to read.

Dearest, Liliac
I understand why you would be afraid of me, I have met many friends who were good friends till they learned what I am....
It continued on to tell of how many years ago a changeling had defected to the side of Celestia and ever since his family had served in the highest echelons of the royal guard. The letter continued
I have run and looked at all those moments with shame, but not today. Today I shall walk to the fair my changeling form, armor on and in full view so they can see me for what I am. If the worst may happen I shall miss you. -Rare Art

The Dark Purple Unicorn who moments ago had passed out in front of her was forgotten, she dropped the open letter on the table and without even grabbing her saddlebags Lilac Iris ran out of The Sleeping Hydra and towards the fairgrounds, having no idea what she would see outside.

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-05-22 13:48:50)

Normal is boring.

#92 2012-05-22 13:56:49

Victory lowered his flute.
His tension finally subsided.

Clearly the Changeling wasn't in much danger for now...

Maybe Victory wasn't supposed to follow him for protection...
Maybe fate brought him back for a different reason.

Victory set his flute aside and cantered back into town, wandering around like a dog in search of his master.

He found himself, once again in the center of town.
Beside the large statue of who he assumed was some great hero...
He envied that pony.
Whoever it was must be brave and strong...
And have lots of ponies to care for them.

He stood, gazing into it's eyes until fate called him back.

He kept prepared incase the crowd tried something. He wasn't going to let the Changeling fight alone in a battle he didn't start.
~♦♦♦~

Supsup?

#93 2012-05-22 14:12:26

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Rare had finally gotten to the fair ground where he would expect nothing more then his persecution and maybe even extermination, but regardless he trotted into the fair where the expected screams happened.

"CHANGELING!!!!" this had echoed throughout the fair ground and into the town, those who won't at the fair ground had either locked there doors expecting to see a hoard of them or charged to fairgrounds expecting a fight. The fairgrounds themselves had become a mess of ponies in panicked runs while others in a angry mob that had approached Rare expecting there to be a fight.

"I have not come to hurt you my good townsfolk, I simply came to this town to find something more for my life."

Someone in the crowd responded to this in standard fashion "It lies to us!" and As usual the town reacted with hysteria not even listening to his previous saying or looking at the armor he wore, but Rare stood there regardless expecting the worst to happen.

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#94 2012-05-23 06:15:33

Victory wondered how he would react. He certainly wasn't the best fighter... But he LOOKED like it. Perhaps he could...

Victory thought long and hard. Would it be worth losing a second carnation?...

~♦♦♦~

He decided that as long as he could frighten a few of them, that would be enough.

"I have not come to hurt you my good townsfolk, I simply came to this town to find something more for my life."
A voice cried from below.

Go!
From atop a cloud, Victory scattered the petals of his carnation.
This was it...
Descending  slowly he began to play a melody of pure disdain on his flute.

He landed gently, petals and aroma rained from the sky. He immediately stopped playing, only to wield the flute as though it were a wepon.

"I am the prodigy, Victory Star, first Paige of Celestia's order and son of the great Sir Adventure Star. I demand you leave this innocent alone before I am authorized to use deadly force."
A few were startled immediately, fleeing at sight. He stood, awaiting the other's reaction.

Last edited by Victory Star ♦♦♦ (2012-05-23 06:17:24)

Supsup?

#95 2012-05-23 10:48:08

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Trotton Maneor

"That went well!", Arcane smiled as he patted a well worn copy of The Great and Powerful Trixie's Guide to Appearing Almost as Great and Powerful as The Great and Powerful Trixie!: The Great and Powerful Edition (TGPTGAAGPTGPT:TGPE) as he tossed on a white aristocratic jacket with a green sash and a sword and topped off by a redish-orange cape and wizard hat (Trixie's Tip #67: Putting on your robe and wizard hat makes you look Greater and more Powerful, and is almost as effective as casting Lvl. 3 Eroticism on everypony you meet). Fully dressed and groomed Arcane trotted down to the great hall and met a bored looking Lunar Shine wearing a silver Flame livery collar and green saddle bags with the Flame Family crest on them.

"You haven't been drinking today... have you?", Arcane said in a dry tone remembering the previous failed attempt at going to the fair.

"Er... no," Lunar Shine said as she deftly used her wing to hide a partially drunken bottle of Wild Pegasus Whiskey deeper in her saddle bags.

"Good," Arcane said flatly, "Now let's actually try to make it to the festival today."

With that Arcane turned and headed out the door to trot to the festival. As soon as Arcane's back was turned Shine stuck out her tongue and tossed on her old cowpony hat.

The Festival

Approaching the fairground Arcane remembered on of Trixie's tips from TGPTGAAGPTGPT:TGPE ( Trixie's Tip #89: Have your arrival announced grandly by any and all underlings - with song and fanfare if possible! )

"Ms. Shine would you.... GAH!", Arcane said as he turned his head back and noticed Shine wearing the old cowpony hat and had several bottles of Whiskey and Cider peaking out of her saddle bags, "I thought I told you... Well, never mind about that now! walk ahead of me and sing something to announce my glorious arrival to the fair ponyfolk of this town!"

"You want what now?", Shine questioned, visibly annoyed with Arcane's request.

"Just do it."

Shine sighed and trotted ahead of the broadly smiling Arcane. After a few minutes thought, she remembered the lyrics of a song from a musical set in medieval Equestria that would be perfect with just a few changed words. As they entered the fairgrounds Shine began to sing loudly:

♪♫ "Bravely bold Ar-cane trot forth from Canterlot!
He was not afraid to die, O brave Ar-cane!
He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways,
Brave, brave, brave, brave Ar-cane!
He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp,
Or to have his eyes gouged out and his alicorn broken!
To have his kneecaps split and his body burned away,
And all his limbs hacked and mangled, brave Ar-cane!
His head smashed in and his heart cut out
And his liver removed and his bowels unplugged
And his nostrils raped and his bottom burnt off and his peni..." ♫♪

"QUIET YOU!!!", a furious Arcane yelled as he stuffed his hoof into Shine's mouth. Arcane would have said more but at that moment screams shot up around the festival grounds along with shouts of "CHANGELING!!!". Immediately Arcane's expression turned to one of utter fright as he remembered being hopelessly overwhelmed and captured by the changelings in Canterlot. Jumping nearly eight feet into the air, Arcane took off screaming as well and raced into town before running into a random building to hide.

Lunar Shine watched as Arcane Flame galloped off and continued her song:

♪♫ "Brave Ar-cane ran away!
Bravely ran away...away...
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled!
Yes, brave Ar-cane turned about,
And gallantly he scoot-ed out!
Bravely taking to his hooves,
he beat a very brave retreat!
Bravest of the brave, Ar-cane!" ♫♪

Shine finished her song with a fit of giggling. 'As long as I'm here, I might as well as see what all the fun is about', Shine thought to herself as she trotted through the crowds of panicking ponies running off in various directions or trying to hide. Finally she came across a white changeling in high ranking Equestrian Royal Guard armor and a white pegasus in Royal Canterlot Page Armor with a flute landing before the changeling.

"I am the prodigy, Victory Star, first Paige of Celestia's order and son of the great Sir Adventure Star. I demand you leave this innocent alone before I am authorized to use deadly force." Victory shouted as he wielded his flute as though it were a weapon.

Shine calmly pulled out a bottle of Wild Pegasus Whiskey and took a swig. She felt an odd rush as she trotted up to the pair grinning.

"Howdy! Whiskey?", She said as she said as she offered the bottle around before gulping down the last bit.

Shine turned about to face the crowd holding the empty bottle of whiskey menacingly and said "That goes double for me... The protecting the innocents part, not the hoohah about Celestia's thingies and such."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#96 2012-05-23 12:22:50

Fire Blossom

LewaBolt but didn’t know what was happening around him, as just a second ago he was dreaming that he was prancing about in a forest full of muffins before a strong sent penetrated his senses. Everything seemed to be a blur as he tried looking about, feeling something try to help him up. A voice mention goggles, as he felt himself crash back down, still not sure what was happening in his hazy mind.  His memory slowly came into focus, as he realized that he was lying on the hard wooden floor in Lilac’s room.

LewaBolt was trying to up off the floor, when a thought occurred to him nervously “where is that mare?” he didn’t want to think what could have happened to him during his time unconscious, but after examining himself when he was back on all four legs, he saw nothing out of place except his goggles.  A flood of panic started filling him

“My goggles, where are they!?” He said out loud, wobbling about the room on his still tired legs. LewaBolt hadn’t expected that amount of energy he had used to pull Rare Art’s cart would have caused him pass out. He felt embarrassed about the whole event, but all he wanted now was to find his goggles.
He find them on the table he had been laying close to, and was happy when he looked over them he saw no damage on the old fashioned metal or lens.  The only thing that seemed to different was the back of the goggles leather strap, which had a small impressions of where the mare Lilac had been holding them.

LewaBolt was unsure of where Mrs. Lilac had disappeared to. The room’s door was ajar, and the letter that seemed to be the one he had brought from the cart to her was laying discarded on the table, close to where he had found his goggles. Thinking it best to wait and see if she would be back, since he still wanted to keep the small promise to take her with him to the festival, no matter how awkward it had seemed at the time. In order to pass the time, and recuperate his strength, he sat at the chair that was closest to the basket she had previously offered to him the last time he was here, and checked what was inside it.

The temptation of the spread out letter that across the table made him wonder if this had something to do with why Lilac had left him alone in her room. She had been so flirty with him, something must had popped the drunken spell she had.

Taking bites from one of the brownies he had found in the basket, which was slowly recharging him, he picked up the spread out letter with his glowing horn. He read it briefly, as it hovered in front of his eyes, still not sure if he should. The letters contents though peeked his creative curiosity, as the one who had wrote it was the changeling he had not so long ago asked Lilac about. Not caring for what the letter was mostly about; he read at the end that it would be at the festival grounds…undisguised? In royal Amour?

He was a bit shocked with this sudden hit of luck, that he ran out the room the same manner Lilac had seemed to have, not really taking note of what the letter was originally meant for“I hope I don’t miss the chance to talk to it again!” LewaBolt said to himself happily while he walked slowly, yet steady, in the same direction Lilac had not so long ago went.

To the festivals grounds, in which someponys crys of panic could already be heard.

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2012-05-23 12:42:31)

#97 2012-05-23 12:56:47

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Lilac Iris was running through the square when she saw ponies running in the opposite direction.
“Changeling! RUN!!! she heard the ponies yell as the fled deeper into town or into nearby building that had yet to be locked.

Fearing the worst Lilac redoubled her efforts to reach the fairgrounds, galloping faster then she felt she ever had before. She reached the bridge in record time and stop to surevy the scene in front of her. The townsponies had gathered in a rough semicircle, and in the middle she could see some pony....no, something wearing gold and purple armor, for it had the wings of a changeling “Rare Art” She whispered.

On his one side was Victory Star, holding his flute as if he intended to bludgeon anyone who got to close. The other side was covered by a Dark Grey pegasus wearing a cowpony hat and wielding an empty bottle, though she seemed slightly unsteady on her hooves.

Lilac felt that she had to do something, sure he had help, but it was still only 3 ponies against dozens, but what difference could she make?

She shuffled back and forth as the standoff continued, contemplating what she should do. She thought about how she had left Victory Star without explanation even after he had been so kind to her. She looked at Rare Art and remembered how even after all she had done to him he still gave her the Jeweled iris. Both of them and been so kind to her and now they needed help, and she had a debt to them.

The Earth Pony stood up straight, she wasn't a fighter, she didn't even like books that got too violent, but she had friends, something that she had had very few of during her life, and those friends were facing down a mob.

Moving across the bridge she saw various items that had been dropped as ponies fled. One of them was a dark brown cane that had been carved to appear that vines wove their way around it. She took the cane up in her mouth and trotted quickly forward, taking her place next to Victory Star and held the cane like he held the flute.

She glanced over at Rare Art in his armor, catching his attention briefly. “I'm sorry,” she said sullenly before turning back to face the crowd, the cane she was holding shaking noticeably. 

“Please don't hurt him!” She said to the crowd ”He hasn't hurt anypony!”

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-05-23 22:25:34)

Normal is boring.

#98 2012-05-23 13:17:13

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

Free Form had swiftly exited his room and trotted past a rather exhausted looking Unicorn who was having a hard time catching his breath as he made his way back towards the rooms. It was an odd sight, the Earth pony supposed, but nothing extremely out of the ordinary. Somepony must have been under rather difficult employ. Either that or that just weren't all that strong.

As the Earth pony pushed open the door to the inn and stepped into the warm afternoon sun once again, he glanced around long enough to catch his bearings before heading back into town for a brief moment. He didn't need anything in particular, really, but wanted to see the statue of Trotsiphone once more before heading to the festival grounds. Not that it mattered since it was on the way anyways, but Free Form would have went out of his way anyways.

Passing through that part of town, Free Form admired the statue for perhaps only the second or third time since he had arrived. It definitely wasn't enough. At that moment, just as the Archivist was in the midst of his enthrallment with the statue, he heard the one word he didn't want to hear ever again in his life.

"CHANGELING!" Somepony shouted from the festival grounds.

The word shook Free Form to his core, but that didn't stop him from bolting straight for the crowd that was forming amidst the swarm of panicked ponies that had run off to hide. On the way, he had even passed Arcane Flame, which would have been humorous in its own right under normal circumstances. Then again, the Unicorn might not have been running away from the festival grounds scared out of his mind under normal circumstances.

Free Form was terrified to hear that there was a Changeling anywhere near him, let along still in Equestria. He thought that they had been done away with and banished during the wedding, but as sure as Celestia's sun was in the sky there was a Changeling standing in the midst of a seething mob of ponies. The Earth pony felt anger and despair boiling in his heart. He didn't know what to do. This Changeling looked far different than even than the Queen, but he was not acting in a hostile manner. It took every ounce of strength he had not to act out as he joined the mob.

"I have not come to hurt you my good townsfolk, I simply came to this town to find something more for my life." The Changeling calmly stated as he stood his ground.

The stallion had heard enough. No Changeling ever wanted to "fit in" without wanting something in return. The recent invasion was more than a prime example of this.

"It lies to us!" Free Form yelled in a fit of frustrated rage. He remembered his parents and the Changelings that swarmed around them. He recalled the never ending swarm that he had struggled to fight off and his parents falling into an almost irrevocable hysteria. Then Free Form remembered his dream and calmed ever so slightly. Something in it had to have meant something regarding this. It was too late to look into it objectively, though, as the crowd had began moving on his words.

Before Free Form could act for or against the crowd, the white Pegasus from the day before swooped down in a rain of flower petals and readied himself for a fight with his flute. What was going on here?

"I am the prodigy, Victory Star, first Paige of Celestia's order and son of the great Sir Adventure Star. I demand you leave this innocent alone before I am authorized to use deadly force." The white Pegasus called valiantly to the mob before him.

Confused, the Earth pony attempted to explore the reasoning, but came up empty handed. It was only further muddied when yet another of the ponies from his dream stepped forward.

"Howdy! Whiskey?" The grey mare slurred slightly before taking a swig, turning to the crowd, and continuing, "That goes double for me... The protecting the innocents part, not the hoohah about Celestia's thingies and such."

Some in the front row seemed both appalled and confused. Free Form was taken aback himself, but before he could react or respond, a third pony joined the growing group. The purple Earth pony said something to the Changeling before brandishing the cane in her mouth and confronting the crowd.

“Please don't hurt him!” She cried out desperately. ”He hasn't hurt anypony!”

What in Celestia's great sky was this spectacle? Ponies defending a Changeling? Changelings that didn't look like its own kind? This was well beyond Free Form's knowledge of anything regarding the abominable creatures. The confusion and wonder was now enough to almost completely rid Free Form of his hostilities. This was a unique situation that he needed to explore further. It was no better time than to be the voice of reason, though. Or, he'd try to be as best he could. Free Form pushed through the slightly diminished mob of angry ponies as he made his way to the front and burst through the front line.

"What is this madness? Why do you all so willingly defend a Changeling, the very creatures that nearly overtook Canterlot?" Free Form said in his most aggressive tone. The seething anger hadn't completely subsided apparently, but that was to be expected. He was confronting that which he had reason to hate. Though, for the sake of the town, it was in his and everyone else's best interest to diffuse the situation first and act later. In any case, the Earth pony had made it apparent that he was calm enough to talk this situation down, but on edge enough to act if need be.

"And you, Changeling," Free Form eyed the armored creatures standing in between both ponies, "what are you? For the sake of us all, you best answer me in full and truthfully, else Celestia herself catch word of this."

#99 2012-05-23 13:55:33

Fire Blossom

LewaBolt trotted along slowly, his legs still tired from the cart he had pulled not so long ago. Crys of panic and shouts of anger could be heard from the distance at the festivals grounds. He didn’t want to try fight the crowd to get to the changeling, all he wanted was a peaceful talk…unless it lead to violence other was.

LewaBolt thought that this could be a good time to field test his voce enhancer, despite it being a touch incomplete. His house was conveniently on the way to the festivals grounds too, which made him more the happy that he wouldn’t have to lose any more time then was needed.
As he had retrieved the device, he thought it best to grab a pair of his ear plugs, he had no clue how load it was on it’s full setting. He just hoped he didn’t hurt anypony when he used it…
-
When LewaBolt had finally reach the festival’s grounds, he saw ponies running away, and what looked like a gathering of a mob. Lilac was at the center with what looked like to be a cane in her mouth, trying to fend off ponies that intended harm. A white pegasus was next to her, brandishing a metal flute, protecting what seemed to be a…armor clad changeling?

He was glad to see that the changeling was indeed here, but the sight of the mob surrounding it looked imposing. “Well” LewaBolt thought to himself, “I guess it was a good thing I did grab my little toy.”

Taking a deep inhale, he brought his device to his mouth. Like a loud crack of thunder, his voice boomed in such a manner, it could have been mistaken for Luna speaking in Royal Cantarnlot speech

“EVERYPONY CALM DOWN”

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2012-05-23 16:40:42)

#100 2012-05-23 14:20:38

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Rare stood expecting the worse to happen, then a white pegasus came from the sky "I am the prodigy, Victory Star, first Paige of Celestia's order and son of the great Sir Adventure Star. I demand you leave this innocent alone before I am authorized to use deadly force." The white Pegasus called valiantly to the mob before him.

Not long after a almost tipsy mare came to his defense as well "Howdy! Whiskey?" The grey mare slurred slightly before taking a swig, turning to the crowd, and continuing, "That goes double for me... The protecting the innocents part, not the hoohah about Celestia's thingies and such."

After which he heard a familiar voice “Please don't hurt him!” She cried out desperately. ”He hasn't hurt anypony!” He was reassured yet concerned for her safety that the crowd would turn on her as well thinking the worst of those who defended "the creature" as so many others have put it

Rare had also heard what sounded like a bull horn go off “EVERYPONY CALM DOWN”

Just then another came from the crowd "What is this madness? Why do you all so willingly defend a Changeling, the very creatures that nearly overtook Canterlot?" Free Form said this in a aggressive tone, yet he looked as if he just wanted to diffuse the situation

"And you, Changeling," Free Form's focusing on Rare, "what are you? For the sake of us all, you best answer me in full and truthfully, else Celestia herself catch word of this."

Just then a large light formed over the crowd "I CAN ANSWER THAT!" The contents of the mob could not believe what they saw with there eyes, there very ruler "Princess Celestia" had come to defend the changeling that they had feared and hated.

"You see he is a not exactly changeling, he is just like you and me. He is that of a officer in my command, not that of Chrysalis's. I have known his family ever since his great great grandfather walked into town and explained his situation, I have even known Rare since he was just a little Colt." She explained his history and that of his family, she had also explained what had happened to cause him to leave the city and that for the longest time she had been looking for him. "I thank you 3 for coming to defend him as you did, and as for the rest of you! I am ashamed at what you have become not even giving him an attempt to explain himself! Now Rare walk with me, we need to talk about this situation"

Last edited by Acheron187 (2012-05-23 19:26:16)

Fashion_pony_banner.png

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB