Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-26 18:49:43

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

[Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

SoundoBD_TC.png

♪♫ Can you hear them? They're coming
They're in the signal, they're in my head! ♫♪

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Trotton Maneor
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

♪♫ Can you hear the drums?
Don't try to fight them; it's too late. ♫♪

Glorious Dusk sighed as she finally picked up the last of the Wild Pegasus Whiskey bottles that had littered Trotton Maneor's Great Hall. Everything finally was set and cleaned and the baron and his new assistant were now settled into Trotton Maneor and Dusk could finally look forward to returning to Hoofington and a well deserved break from her duties for a couple of weeks.

Suddenly, there was a silver flash and Dusk whirled around to see a tall figure in a cloak and Lunar Shine's utterly still form with a look of sheer horror frozen upon her face. With a small crash the whiskey bottle fell from Dusk's mouth and shattered into a million pieces.

"Hold on!", The cloaked figure pleaded to the prone Shine, "I AM NOT LOSING YOU LIKE SHIMMER!!!"

The cloaked figure's head turned and the hood of the cloak fell away revealing a very dark purple unicorn stallion with a gray mane, a large gray mustache, and pale amber eyes. A moment later the mustache disappeared and Dusk found herself looking into the very pained face of Nocturnal Flame, the Earl of Hoofington.

"M... my... lord?", Dusk chirped utterly confused at the spectacle.

"DUSK!", Nocturnal yelled, "THE ARMORY, GET ME A HELMET.... NOW!!!"

Dusk paused for a second until her brain started functioning again then zipped through the maneor as fast as her wings could carry her. Whatever the helmet was needed for, it was urgent.

Nocturnal returned his attention to Shine and noticed to his horror that the dark gray pegasus mare was not breathing. The psychic feedback from what ever had hit her had enveloped her entire brain. With a determined look on his face Nocturnal rolled Shine onto her back. The stallion's horn flared as his head filled with pain as he tried to take some of the magical energy away from Shine. He opened Shine's mouth with his hooves and through the pain he took a deep breath and then blew deeply into Shine's lungs and then started compressing Shine's chest in an attempt to restart Shine's utterly still heart.

Tears streamed down Nocturnal's face from both the pain of the psychic feedback and the thought of losing Shine. Even if Dusk got the helmet now he feared it might be too late.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Trotton
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

♪♫ Can you hear them? They're coming,
They're in the signal, they're in my head!
Can you hear them? They're coming,
They're in the signal, they're in my head! ♫♪

The bloody gray armored unicorn mare limped through the town of Trotton. Wisps of a once brilliant but now faded midnight blue and crimson striped mane poked out at random from under her battered violet armor with silver trim. The four golden stars on her crest was the only part of her armor that seemed to have not been battered or stained with blood.

A few tears fell from her glowing pink eyes as she realized that her real cutie mark may not be in as good condition and was probably already starting to fade as the dark energy was warping her body, mind, and very soul. She had spent too long in the dead zones and now she was paying the price. Thankfully, she had gotten a hold of one of the metal collars Tambelon had produced that pumped necromantic energy into her body allowing her to survive outside of the dead zones – and which had allowed Tambelon to recruit and use the vengeful damned to continue on the conquest of the few last remaining outposts of her world.

Just when, despite all the horror, they thought they had finally fought off Tambelon, the empire had returned with a vengeance armed with highly advanced magical and conventional technology. Tambelonian alicorns filled the skies wreaking destruction everywhere they set hooves, large striped self-repairing death machines, and mechanical ponies uttering a monotone call of 'CRUSH! KILL! DESTROY! SWAG!' marching through the streets among many other horrors. Even Solaria's folly, which devastated, most of the mare's world only had briefly slowed the empire down as they replaced their numbers with the vengeful damned.

The collar wasn't the only thing she had managed to grab. The mare had managed to pick up some sort of weapon that fired little projectiles she had named 'Loud Shooty', some exploding apple things, and some sort of fantastically advanced tecno-magical device that was now attached to her left foreleg. She had managed to turn the bit that displayed her conditions off – she didn't need a reminder of what a bad shape her body was in or that she was currently 'deceased'.

Tears streaming down her face the unicorn mare silently vowed to Princess Selena to make her last days as herself to count and buy some time for both her world and this one. For the fallen six, the fallen Princess Solaria, and all those lost in Solaria's folly she had to go on.

The blood soaked unicorn mare looked around at the ponies with shocked expressions on their faces. The ponies were staring at her glowing pink eyes or running off to hide as she slowly limped down the street. It was strangely fitting, in a little over a week she would be a monster who should be feared but right now she had to stop Tambelon and needed help. Ahead she saw the sign for an inn, 'The Sleeping Hydra'

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Trotton Maneor
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

♪♫ Don't leave me now,
Think of all we've done together,
Think of all the vanquished foes,
Think of all we could be... ♫♪

Dusk whizzed back into the great hall holding a helmet in her mouth and landed next to Nocturnal Flame who was grimacing and pounding on Shine's still chest.

"LIVE!!!", Nocturnal screamed through his tears, "YOU'RE STRONG, I KNOW IT!!!"

"My lord..." Dusk said as she spat out the helmet, "I got the helmet, but I don't understand..."

Nocturnal Flame briefly took his attention off Lunar Shine and focused on the helmet. His horn and the helmet glowed a brilliant silver as he tried a spell he had learned from his late wife Shimmering Shield to turn the helmet into something that would block the magical signal (OOC: D20: 9, THE POWER OF LOVE! + 5, Shimmer's Shield + 5, == 19). Nocturnal the quickly fitted the helmet on to Shine's head using his magic and then returned to blowing air into Shine's mouth and rhythmically compressing her chest - even adding magical bolts that made Shine's body bounce and twitch.

Finally, Lunar Shine uttered a small cough and Nocturnal Flame froze. Lunar Shine briefly flashed with a wave of silver magic as Nocturnal scanned her over confirming that her heart was now beating again and she was breathing once again... and would no long term damage - although she would probably be unconscious for a good while.

"I knew you could do it my shining one," Nocturnal Flame said gently as he leaned over to kiss the dark gray pegasus mare's bare cheek, "your mother was the one who really saved you. I wish you could have known her..."

"My lord, what...", a confused Dusk tried to ask but was stopped short when Nocturnal turned his tear filled face in her direction.

"I'll explain everything in a moment," Nocturnal said humbly, "but first we need to get Lunar Shine some place where she'll be comfortable... Where is her bed?"

"It's umm... this way my lord", Dusk replied and then led Nocturnal who gently carried Lunar Shine in his magic through the halls to Shine's quarters. Nocturnal Flame gently lowered Shine onto her bed and then tucked her in with care before once again kissing Shine's cheek.

"Rest well my shining one," Nocturnal said gently before turning to Dusk.

Nocturnal Flame wiped away his tears and coughed, "She's my daughter."

"What?!", Dusk said as her jaw dropped.

"She is my daughter... and she is the late Countess of Hoofington's daughter as well."

"But... But.. my lord..."

"She is Shimmer's daughter and Arcane's twin sister. She had the misfortune of being born a pegasus... I don't mean it like that! A few members of the family thought having a pegasus in the family would hurt the family's reputation of being a pure line of highly magical unicorns... And with Shimmer's death, I was in no condition to challenge them. So she was spirited away to be raised by a friend of the family, Sweet Grape, who had just given birth to a foal. Lunar Flame was renamed Lunar Shine by me as a tribute to Shimmer and she was passed off as Sweet Grape's child and a twin of Sweet's real child Sugar Grape... I wish things would have gone differently but I was in no condition..."

Dusk's mind reeled as Nocturnal's voice trailed off and he stared at Lunar Shine for a few moments.

"She deserves so much more...", Nocturnal continued, "but I can't acknowledge her. This must remain secret – at the very least until I can find a way to fix it. Arcane must not know Lunar Shine is his sister, it would cause too many problems. Dusk, from now on your pay is tripled and you must never share this with anypony. I want you to stay here and to be my eyes and ears. Officially, you'll be here to keep up this Maneor house and look after it. Can I trust you?"

"Of course sir," Dusk replied softly, "without you saving me from the fire that killed... mom.. and dad... I don't know where I would have ended up".

"I'm sorry I wasn't there sooner", Nocturnal replied softly remembering the night when he was courting Shimmering Shield and they happened across a burning house. Nocturnal had rushed in while Shimmer had contacted the fire brigade. The parents were dead but Nocturnal managed to save a small frightened light gray pegasus filly. Nocturnal then convinced his father to provide for the little filly and then later he hired her as his most trusted servant.

"It's not your fault", Dusk said tears welling up in her eyes.

"Now I think I may need to rest myself," Nocturnal said as he collapsed to the ground, "I fear that I've put a bit too much of a strain on myself."

Glorious Dusk helped the Earl of Hoofington back onto his hooves and helped him as he unsteadily and slowly trotted down the hall to a free bed to rest.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Sleeping Hydra, Trotton
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

♪♫ Can you hear them?
In my dreams they're calling!
They're coming!
And every waking moment,
They're in the signal!
I heard the vortex calling!
They're in my head! ♫♪

With what little energy she had left the bloody dark gray armored unicorn mare opened the door to The Sleeping Hydra and limped in. She managed to take just a few steps inside and collapsed into a heap drifting into unconsciousness.

♪♫Can you hear them?
I heard the sound!
They're coming!
The sound of drums!
They're in the signal!
They're in my head!♫♪

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OOC: Lyrics taken from the Sound of the Drums by Chameleon Circuit
Tech and references from a metric ton of fics, videos, and comics so far...

As a reminder I'll be acting as a GM. I'll be controlling major NPCs and Tambelonian things although the Town is currently still a free zone outside of town and the immediate area are Adventure Zones.

Base HP:
Unicorns: 70 HP
Pegasi: 100 HP
Earth: 120 HP

Armor etc. will betaken into consideration. Most important thing is going to be being creative not stats.

In Adventure Zones remember this:

Arcane Flame wrote:

The adventure will be voluntary but hopefully it will be somewhat fun. As I stated before I'll get Arcane out of the picture and Shine will be finding the cellar and the stores of alcohol. The adventure will work kind of like this: I'll act as a Game Master controlling the NPCs and Events involved in the Adventure and it will work kind of like Roll to Dodge but only major actions like bucking something, trying to open something, or anything where there can be questionable results. I'll roll and come up with the results then you incorporate them:

Ex:

User: Puppysmiles walks over and opens the big pink box.
GM: There is a Lyra Brushable inside.
User: Puppysmiles looks inside and sees a Lyra Brushable. "It's a Pretty Pony!", she squees as she take the Lyra Brushie out and begins hugging it. "I'm going to dye her hair pink and blue and call her Bon Bon!", Puppysmiles adds as she continues squeeing and hugging the pretty pony.

User: Nyx turns about and faces down the giant wolf made of stars threatening Derpy and Dinky. Her eyes narrow as she charges ahead to attack the wolf.
GM: 12. The Wolf is knocked back but hits you for a loss of 15hp (Nyx: 75/100 hp now). Wolf loses 5 hp (Wolf 15/20) - It is now focusing it's attention on you.
User: Nyx slams into the wolf catching in nearly by surprise but it turns at the last second and delivers a vicious swipe of it's claws drawing blood and chunks of flesh from Nyx's body. A swift kick from the alicorn knocks the wolf back and Derpy & Dinky are saved for the moment. Nyx's horn glows and she fires off a lightning bolt at the beast.
GM: 3. It misses. The wolf begins to charge at Nyx.
User: Nyx's lightning bolts miss the dodging wolf but Nyx stands her ground and her horn glows as she fires again!
GM: 18. Nyx's Lightning bolt strikes on target knocking out the Wolf.
User: Nyx's shot fired from with her pure heart to save her friends strikes home on the spectral wolf. As the bolt impacts the wolf, it spasms as hundreds of volts of energy courses through its body and then it collapses uttering a feeble unearthly howl. Nyx turns to the frightened Derpy and yells for her and dinky to get to the nightmare castle while Nyx covers their escape.

If someone new wants to get it you can just show up and town and I'll find a way to get into the action even if everypony else happen to be somewhere else.


BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

Offline

#2 2012-05-26 21:41:53

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

Lilac was waiting down in the lobby for only a few minutes when LewaBolt and Free Form came walking in. “

I will be picking something up at the boutique,” The Dark Blue Unicorn said to Lilac while giving her a guilty smile, as he and The Dark Yellow Earth Pony approached her. “But I think I should do something about this first” He highlighted a poch that was sitting on his back with his blue magic aura, she had no idea what was in it but it seemed important to him. “So I will have to drop this off my shop on our was to the festival. It’s on the way so it shouldn’t do too much harm….”

Before he had the chance to finish speaking a unicorn came bursting through the door. Lilac jumped and fell over the back of the couch when the armored unicorn collapsed on the ground. Lilac peered over the back of the couch and saw that the unicorn was covered in blood and the armor was scarred and broken.

As Lilac starred she saw that the Mare had stopped moving, feeling more courageous and worried for the poor she ran over and knelled next to her, putting her arms around her. She found that the unicorn was still breathing, but shallowly.

Lilac looked over to her two friends, tears forming in her eyes. “We have to help her, please!”


I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

Offline

#3 2012-05-26 22:22:35

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

Rare was standing outside, By this point he was checking his cart seeing if anything had been stolen. He thought to himself of the night that was about to unfold before him, He felt incredibly happy. Before he got too excited he heard what sounded almost like a scream.

“We have to help her, please!”

Hearing this he had assumed something bad had happened to Liliac "I'm coming!" he ran in to see Liliac was fine but had her arm around what looked like a guard, but this guard was different. It was a mare in what looked like armor similar to his, only it looked like it had fallen apart. He wasn't sure where he had seen her, but he knew the armor type was that of a high ranking official like himself. Rare saw that Liliac was crying, so he got the battered and bruised mare on his back. "do we have somewhere we can take her? she doesn't feel or look well" *He wasn't sure, but he could sense something was off about her. It was as if he saw the wounds closing.*
*OOC:I added that after Arcane's recent post*

Last edited by Acheron187 (2012-05-26 23:34:00)


Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

Offline

#4 2012-05-26 22:37:08

Fire Blossom
Member

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

LewaBolt was cowering in fear from the gruesome sight of the unicorn mare. The caked blood seemed to be all over her hair and battle torn armor. He was too afraid to go over to check if the gray unicorn mare, if that was truly her color; such a sight as this has never been witnessed by him. the stillness of the unicorns limp body was causing him to sink in a state of shock.

Lilac ran past him will he was still standing in shock. Seeing her go over to the unicorn mare made him calm down, even though he still wasn't sure how to deal with such a sight. LewaBolt had calm down more when Lilac seem relieved when she was knelling next to her, but he could see tears forming in her eyes when she looked at him and Free Form, and called to them in sadness "We have to help her, please!"

LewaBolt slowly trotted over to Lilac, still staring at the limp body of the unicorn mare just as Rare came barging in. when Rare saw the tears flowing down Lilac’s cheeks, he pulled the unicorns limp body to his back. "Do we have somewhere we can take her? She doesn't feel or look well" Rare had asked. "We can take her to…my house...It would be better than staying here" LewaBolt said, his voice shaking as he spoke. "I have some medical supplies…thought not sure if they will be enough." LewaBolt was feeling helpless at this point, so he added with his still shaky voice, "I know some...mending magic...but...I’m not sure it could help her. I have healed some minor wounds to animal when I was learning it...but...I have mostly used it only on machinery."


TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

Offline

#5 2012-05-27 00:47:59

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

Free Form tore his attention away from LewaBolt as an armor-clad Unicorn found her way through the front door of the inn before collapsing on the floor in a heap. The Archivist was taken aback by the scene. The Unicorn was layered in dry blood and she looked...

"Grey... But something looks off," Free Form thought to himself. This was already a strange scenario, but the Earth pony felt a sudden sickness churning in his stomach. Something wasn't right.

Lilac Iris and LewaBolt had already hurried off to the Unicorn's side by the time Free Form had regained a grasp of the situation unfolding before him. This was beginning to get desperate, but something needed to be done. Now out of his reverie, Free Form quickly trotted over towards the fallen Unicorn just as Rare Art burst through the door. The Archivist jumped at the sight of him and fought back and urge to charge the Changeling, but remembered himself and calmed the fire that had started burning in his heart. The Changeling was good. Rare Art was a friend. He had to remember that.

As Rare Art picked the unconscious mare up, Free Form recovered from his startled position and curiously observed her. Her armor was foreign to Equestria. It had its similarities, sure, but definitely nothing like what was worn by the Royal Guard or other assorted town guards. It seemed a bit more... excessive. In fact, it looked like full on battle armor.

"I have some medical supplies…thought not sure if they will be enough." LewaBolt said in a weak and uncertain tone before continuing. "I know some...mending magic...but...I’m not sure it could help her. I have healed some minor wounds to animal when I was learning it...but...I have mostly used it only on machinery."

Free Form pulled himself away from his observation of the armor-clad Unicorn to consider what LewaBolt had said. He was right. It was imperative that this gravely injured Unicorn be healed.

"We definitely need to get her some attention of-" Free Form cut himself off as he spied something most peculiar under the mare's armor.

As Free Form leaned in closer, he noticed a few lacerations here and there that were barely peeking out from under the Unicorn's armor. Or, he thought he had seen them. No, the Archivist knew he had seen wounds under the mare's armor. How else would she be covered in blood? Where had the wounds gone? Self-restoring magic? That couldn't be possible while the Unicorn was unconscious. There would have to be a conscious, magical effort on her part to perform that spell. Perhaps it was passive? But that was unheard of. Nopony, not even Alicorns, had any supernatural passive-healing spells. At least not in recorded history.

"Actually, I'm not sure we'll need to heal her. I think... I think this particular Unicorn has some sort of self-healing ability," Free Form shared his observational discovery with the group before refocusing on the Unicorn. He hadn't really given himself a chance to hear their response as he had already begun extensively looking over the mare's armor.

Thankfully, Rare Art stood still long enough for Free Form to stumble across another oddity on the Unicorn. This time it was part of her armor, or well, something that wasn't part of her armor. A rather thick collar was clasped around the Unicorn's neck. For the most part, it looked relatively plain, but Free Form knew better than to assume that it did nothing. Curious, he reached up with a hoof to touch the collar. He had to know what it did.

Offline

#6 2012-05-27 04:11:44

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

As Free Form touched the collar he involuntarily shuddered as he felt some sort of wave of dark magic sweep through his magic - for an instant every dark fear, depressed, or anger filled episode of his life flashed before his eyes.

The Unicorn Mare herself shuddered opened her glowing pink eyes and groaned "Tambelon" and then "Don't touch... the coll...". The unicorn mare however fell back into unconsciousness before she could finish the sentence.

OOC: There is a chance that Free Form might have heard the name 'Tambelon' before... There are at least two mares who would have been around the archives who would know what it is.


BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

Offline

#7 2012-05-27 08:53:10

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

Lilac was holding the Unicorn when Rare art came bursting through the door, he looked over at Lilac and the other mare can walked over, quickly and almost effortlessly hoisting the mare onto his back.

"Do we have somewhere we can take her? she doesn't feel or look well"  The changeling said as he looked back at his unconscious passenger. This left Lilac alone on the ground, and she noticed all the blood that had gotten on her and she couldn't shake the coppery smell that came with it.

As she stared at the blood both on her and the armored unicorn, she heard the voice of LewaBolt, looking at him through tear filled eyes and heard him speak as he stepped forward.

"We can take her to…my house...It would be better than staying here" the dark blue unicorn said shakily, "I have some medical supplies…thought not sure if they will be enough." EH paused for another moment, but Lilac was glad that they had somewhere to take her, all she wanted was to find out what was going on "I know some...mending magic...but...I’m not sure it could help her. I have healed some minor wounds to animal when I was learning it...but...I have mostly used it only on machinery."

Calemed slightly by the strength of her friends lilac began to calm down ever so slightly.Free From finally stepped forward and began examining the fallen stranger.

"We definitely need to get her some attention of-"  he cut off mid sentence, examining her further. What could possibly grab his attention so much, didn't he realize they needed to do something quick to save the gray mare!?!

"Actually, I'm not sure we'll need to heal her. I think... I think this particular Unicorn has some sort of self-healing ability,"  Lilac Eyes nearly popped out of her head. She had never even heard of self healing magic, was it even possible. The purple earth pony had very little knowledge about magic, ask her about flowers she could go on for days, but ask her about magic and she could give her whole knowledge on the subject in 10 seconds flat.

As she continued to lay there and watch her friends, she saw Free Form reach out and touch the Neck armor (OOC: The collar, Lilac hasn't put together they are different pieces) and she saw him shudder and a frown form on his face as his eyes went wides, several tears sliding down his muzzle.

The Unicorn moved slightly and opened her eyes, her GLOWING PINK EYES! Lilac gave a small scream and involuntary scooted away several feet.

"Tambelon" the unicorn groaned "Don't touch... the coll...". Her eyes shut again and once again went limp on Rare's back.

A few moments ago Lilac's only concern and been how much her dress would cost and what to eat at the fair, and now she was covered in blood and a badly wounded but healing unicorn with glowing pink eyes was laying on her friend's back. The purple earth pony walked shakily over to a nearby waste basket and proceeded to vomit everything she had eaten in the past 2 days.

(OOC: Poor Lilac, so out of her element, but I promise she will be more useful then this as we continue.)


I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

Offline

#8 2012-05-27 12:11:55

Fire Blossom
Member

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

"We definitely need to get her some attention of-" Free Form had started to respond to LewaBolt’s offered ideas, but stopped when it seemed he had seen something as he looked at the limp unicorn’s body. LewaBolt saw him lean closer to the unicorn’s body, which was still on the back of Rare. "Actually, I'm not sure we'll need to heal her. I think... I think this particular Unicorn has some sort of self-healing ability," Free Form said, while still looking at the mare’s limp body.

“Self-healing?” LewaBolt thought, “That can’t be quite right…magic needs the user’s concentration, and she’s unconscious.” He was still shaky from the presence of the blood covered mare, and still didn’t know what he should do.

Unexpectedly, LewaBolt noticed Free Form acting strange as he was touching something on the unicorn mare’s neck. Just as Free Form touched whatever he had, the Unicorn mare opened her eyes. Her eyes were glowing in a unnatural manner, and this had made LewaBolt stand still in more shock, though more in wonderment then of fear. He could hear the mare mutter in a groan, "Tambelon. Don't touch... the coll...” Her eyes shut once again and fell back into the depths of her unconsciousness.

Seeing a now shaky Lilac slowly walk over to a nearby waste basket, making an unmentionable sound, LewaBolt said in his now more calm voice. “I think we should still take her to my House. I have some…things… that might help us understand what is happening with our unknown guest here.” He didn’t quite want to explain to them what it was he had, but he did own some rather rare and powerful items that were not of his creation.

NOTE: let's just say it's a glimpse of the Bolt family's past.


TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

Offline

#9 2012-05-27 18:52:11

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

OOC: The fun begins! Incidentally, I had started typing out something almost exactly like what you had posted, Arcane, but figured it was an unknown and decided to see what you wanted to do.

As Free Form touched the collar he felt a chill pass from it to his hoof that slowly traveled down his foreleg to the base before swiftly enveloping his body. The chill was unlike anything he had ever felt before. His body remained fine, but he felt something inside. He felt his very essence freezing to its core. The Archivist shuddered uncontrollably as his body tried to rid itself of the taint. It was a hopeless effort. His body shuddered again as he suddenly slipped into a daze. It consumed him whole and brought forth every moment of fear, depression, and despair in his life.

Suddenly, Free Form was standing in Fillydelphia, alone and lost. He was just a colt and unsure what to do or where to go. He cried desperately for his parents, but to no avail. He wandered the city for hours on end and found nothing but rude ponies and sprawling city-scape. It was never ending. It surely felt like it would never end to his young mind. The little colt was sure he would be stuck in Fillydelphia forever. He huddled in the corner of an alley and cried silently to himself. The fear had forced him to pray that nothing scary would find him. He didn't want any big, mean ponies to hurt him. Free Form felt as if his eyes were closing. Finally, some respite.

Free Form felt his eyes open suddenly to a different scene. He was in Canterlot, or to be more specific, his room at Canterlot University. He remembered this. The foolish young stallion had declared his disinterest in the academics there. He had argued vehemently against almost every professor. They didn't know what they were talking about. There were things that Free Form had read and learned and seen that contradicted everything he was being taught. He had enough of it and left. He felt sick and miserable. Had he made the right choice? His parents caught wind but didn't even consider visiting him. Free Form was horrified that they would never love him again. He didn't want them to come and comfort him, because he knew that they would hate him forever for wasting this opportunity that they had worked so hard to create for him. Free Form buried his face into his pillow and the scene changed.

It was Canterlot again. It was the wedding. Free Form didn't even have to raise his head or see the scene change to know. He could smell the foul stench of the Changelings in the air. This scene again. Free Form felt hopeless. He raised his head slowly and watched as his parents were mobbed by an endless stream of the rotten creatures. The Archivist wanted to scream at the top of his lungs and lunge at them, but his body refused to cooperate. This wasn't happening. His parents didn't fall to these things. They lived, and he knew it. Free Form had enough. This wasn't the truth!

Free Form opened his mouth to yell at the top of his lungs, but nothing came out. He felt hot tears streaming down his face and instantly regained his senses. The Archivist was suddenly back in The Sleeping Hydra. It was all an illusion created by the collar. He quickly pulled his hoof back and stumbled away from Rare Art before looking the Unicorn square in the eyes.

"Tambelon," she groaned. "Don't touch... the coll..."

Those glowing pink eyes. They were horrifying, but still very much alive. There was some waning life left in this mare, but it was fading fast. It had to be the collar. Free Form had felt some dark, corruptible magic emanating from it when he touched it, but it very well could be tethered to her life force.

As Free Form regrouped completely, he took note of his companions. Rare Art looked absolutely confounded by what was happening to his side, though, his attention seemed to be more directed towards Lilac Iris. The Archivist glanced in her direction and noticed that she had been stricken by what she saw and was reacting as any pony might expect to in this situation. He didn't feel particularly well himself all of a sudden.

“I think we should still take her to my House. I have some…things… that might help us understand what is happening with our unknown guest here.” LewaBolt suddenly chimed in. His voice was just a tad shaky still, but he had seemed to recover and gauge the situation as well.

Free Form considered the thought before being interrupted by his own wandering mind, "Tambelon..."

"Hold on a moment. She mentioned Tambelon. I feel like I recognize that name..." Free Form trailed off for a moment as he considered everything. If everyone else had been in the middle of discussing anything else he hadn't heard it. Instead, his incessant nature to know everything took over and guided his actions. "I have to get to somepony or something that can tell me what Tambelon is. We need to go to Trotton Manor. There must be some information there! Lewabolt, why don't you and Rare Art take this Unicorn to your place and see what you can do to help her. Lilac Iris can come with me to the Manor and help me look for any information on whatever this Tambelon is. Otherwise, it's going to gnaw at me endlessly until I do."

Offline

#10 2012-05-27 20:42:41

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

Lilac Iris was retching into the waste basket, but between heaves she hear Free Form mention her name and something about Trotten Manor. She heaved several more times but her stomach was empty. The purple rose back to hooves wobbling slightly, her mane was a mess, and she still had drying blood on her face and hooves, the only clean spots on her face where it had been cleaned by tears.

" I will do what is needed, but wherever we go, can it please be somewhere I can clean up?" She said to free form and she cautiously waked over, know her breath smelt of death and her appearance fit the part.


I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

Offline

#11 2012-05-27 20:54:28

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

Rare had noticed what had just unfolded, with Ree Forms sudden freeze and return, as well as Liliac's moment of sickness.

Free Form started talking in a authoritative voice "I have to get to somepony or something that can tell me what Tambelon is. We need to go to Trotton Manor. There must be some information there! Lewabolt, why don't you and Rare Art take this Unicorn to your place and see what you can do to help her. Lilac Iris can come with me to the Manor and help me look for any information on whatever this Tambelon is. Otherwise, it's going to gnaw at me endlessly until I do."

Liliac Responded to this "I will do what is needed, but wherever we go, can it please be somewhere I can clean up?" It was understandable why, she had looked rough.

Rare looked toward LewaBolt "lets get her to your shop, shes starting to really weigh on my back" He had walked out and signaled Lewa to follow him out, and as he got out of the inn "I want to speak to this mare in private"


Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

Offline

#12 2012-05-27 22:26:01

Fire Blossom
Member

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

LewaBolts suggestion to take the Unicorn mare to his house seemed agreeable when Free form had told him the he and rare should take her there, but the yellows earth pony's deep thoughts on the word "Tambelon" was a bit confusing to LewaBolt. Lilac was go with Free Form on looking for more information at the Trotton Manor, she had said that she would go with him but wanted to clean up first. She was still covered with blood from when she had been trying to help the unicorn.


Rare looked toward LewaBolt "let’s get her to your shop, shes starting to really weigh on my back" He said, signaled Lewa to follow him out as he walked out of the Inn

The journey to his shop had been occurred, as faces of most ponies that walked pasted had expressions of horror when they looked at the bloody limp body of the unicorn mare on Rare's back. LewaBolt was glad when they had reached his place, still reeking of the smoke from the small accident that had happened a while ago. the inside of his establishment looked a touch less maintained then the houses exterior. Organized piles of gears, wires, and strips of metal were next to his rather old desk. "It's not much," LewaBolt said "but this should be a better place for her to rest." point to the only couch in his houses living-room, "It should be best to place her then then on one of my benches." he told Rare as he went to go search in a cabinet next to his work desk.

"Come on Cilce, where are you....." LewaBolt said to himself as he dug through the items in his cabinet. ", ah there it is" he announced happily, holding a blue crystal with his magic. The crystal was fashioned in an oval shape. "This should be able to wake her up...though Cilce can be stubborn sometimes." LewaBolt could tell that Rare seemed a bit confused as to why he was calling a crystal by a name. Giving out a sigh, LewaBolt gave the blue crystal a small zap of his magic. This causing it to start to glow in a luminescent blue light, and give off annoyed grunt of something in protest. LewaBolt placed the glowing Crystal at the base of the mares horn, hoping for some sort of reaction.

NOTE:not sure is this the best ive done, but Cilce is not an ordinary magic crystal

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2012-05-27 22:27:59)


TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

Offline

#13 2012-05-28 13:45:59

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

"I will do what is needed, but wherever we go, can it please be somewhere I can clean up?" Lilac Iris said as she cautiously walked back towards the group. She looked and smelled horrid, but obviously appeared to be well aware of that fact.

"Sure, let's get you back up to your room and cleaned up before we head over," Free Form said with some hint of sympathy. The Archivist watched as Rare Art left the inn and ushered LewaBolt out after him. Hopefully they would be able to do something for the Unicorn, though Free Form had little reserve for whatever LewaBolt had in his house. It was something about that collar that lead him to believe there was little they could do with what they had.

Free Form turned back to Lilac Iris and helped guide her back up to her room. As they entered the room, a mixed smell of flowers and sweet cider almost overpowered the stench radiating from Lilac Iris. It was almost alluring, but the Archivist shook it from his mind. There was too much to worry about.

"I don't mean to rush, but please be as quick as you can. Research has a habit of taking up most of what little precious time anypony might have," Free Form gently urged as he helped guide Lilac Iris into her room's bathroom. He did his best to remain calm and patient, but this situation was suddenly turning dire.

The Archivist refused to take the passing events lightly, even if it was something easily explainable. He wanted to be on top of it as soon as possible. Nopony just wanders into an inn covered in blood, heals themselves, and wears a horrific collar without something strange going on.

Offline

#14 2012-05-29 13:52:57

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

"Sure, let's get you back up to your room and cleaned up before we head over,"  She heard Free Form say, but after everything that had happened she was in a daze. The Purple mare nodded slightly and began walking back to her room, only faintly hearing the door to the Inn open and close.

She could feel The Yellow Earth pony gently guiding her along as she walked back to her room, opening the door, she could smell the scent of her flowers and the open bottles of cider, it helped to calm her and bring her back into this world, but she wasn't sure if this world was even where she wanted to be.

"I don't mean to rush, but please be as quick as you can. Research has a habit of taking up most of what little precious time anypony might have," She could feel her companion nudging her towards the bathroom, and she was more then willing to comply. Lilac turned the water on and stepped into the water, grabbing the soap and doing her best to scrape the others mare blood off her, she watch it mix with the water and suds and the light red mixture went down the drain and away from her.

She furiously washed her mane, trying to get the last few minutes from her mind, praying to Luna and Celestia that when she got out of the shower Free Form wouldn't be there and everything would be normal. Dried off and hoping against hope it was all dream she open the door only to find Free Form standing there, and judging by his posture he was ready too head out to wherever.

“Lead the way,” she said sullenly as she slid on her saddlebags. Hoping that maybe there would be some answers where Free Form took her.


I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

Offline

#15 2012-05-30 00:55:23

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

OOC: DashAttack casts Wall of Text! It crits for massive damage! The RP has been slain!

The Sleeping Hydra: Lilac Iris's Room

Lilac Iris exited the bathroom refreshed, but Free Form could tell that she was still rather stricken by what had just happened. He didn't blame her. In all honesty, the golden Earth pony didn't understand how he was as level-headed as he was. Perhaps the incident at the Royal Wedding had changed him more than he thought. The sickness brewing in his stomach had simmered since they left the battered mare, but that didn't make him any less leery of the situation. Before his struggle at the wedding, he might have even been where Lilac was now. The Archivist shook the thought from his head. It didn't matter anymore. He was going to see this through to whatever the end may be and he needed the strength to do so. Nobody was going to die if he could help it, nor were they going to be horribly scarred.

"Lead the way," Lilac Iris said sullenly as she walked slowly towards her saddlebags and slid them on.

Free Form could read Lilac like a book. She was still incredibly shaken up. In fact, the purple Earth pony almost looked like she didn't want to be anywhere near him. He was sure he knew that look. There was too much happening too fast. The Archivist went back on his previous thought. Nobody was going to end up like his parents if he could help it.

The dull-golden Earth pony slowly walked towards Lilac Iris, his head slightly hung in uncertainty. He was torn between a sense of duty and the uneasiness of invading the mare's personal space. This wasn't something the stoic Archivist normally did. Then again, nothing he has done since Rare Art appeared in the middle of Trotton was normal. That thought bucked Free Form up and with some enthusiasm, he suddenly wrapped a foreleg around Lilac Iris and gave her a confident, but sympathetic smile.

"Hey, I know how you feel, Lilac. Please believe me when I say that this is the last place I want to be right now," Free Form looked the purple mare in the eye and hoped that he was hitting home. "There is no place I would rather be right now than my room in Canterlot studying, or at home with my..."

Free Form felt the thought catch in his throat. He suddenly had trouble putting words to what he felt, and turned away knowing his face showed it. The confidence and sympathy he tried to display slowly melted away leaving nothing but a small fit of panic. Lilac Iris's expression said everything he needed to know now. The Archivist closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and swallowed his despair.

"Or at home with my parents reading in my free time and helping them with their paper mill," the golden Earth pony didn't even bother to fake enthusiasm anymore. The message he sent was clear: he was just as scared as Lilac was. What Princess Celestia saw in him was somewhere way over his head; it was probably in her sun and so far out of his reach.

"This really would be the last place I want to be, if I didn't have a promise to uphold," Free Form said matter-of-factly. The truth of the matter instilled just a small amount of the confidence that he had lost. "When I was with my parents at their home after the attack at the Royal Wedding, I promised myself and them that nopony would ever have to deal with what we went through ever again. I want all of us, everypony that's in this thing together, to be strong for each other and see this through."

Free Form pulled himself away from Lilac Iris and finally looked back towards her. The confidence had snowballed itself with each word until it had finally reached a respectable size. The Archivist was still somewhat uneasy, but he seemed to have a greater air of confidence than before.

"I'll admit that I find it strange throwing my trust into anypony so soon after meeting them in the least of glamorous ways, but for such understanding ponies, I can't help but feel that I must do what I can in any way that I can," the Archivist felt the confident smile creep across his face again. "We were all pulled into this together and I will stand with you till the end."

"Now, let's head to the Manor."

---------------------------------------------------------

Trotton Manor Library

After a quick stop to Free Form's suite, both Earth ponies had managed to make their way to the library's back door. The cloak that Free Form had been wearing was far too nice to be wearing around, and there was no telling what mess they might get into with an armor-clad and gravely injured Unicorn in tow. So, he took the time to toss his cloak onto his bed, secret the key to his locked drawer inside a hidden pocket with the cloak, and grab his own saddlebags. He wasn't exactly the best equipped stallion in Equestria, but he knew he had some books stashed in his saddlebag that he could use to cross reference whatever they might hope to find in the Manor's library.

"Tambelon..." Free Form let the name play across his mind again. There had to be someone in Canterlot University's Archives that knew that name. It sounded so familiar to him, and he felt a bit of shame for not instantly recalling it. For once, his photographic memory was failing him. He didn't like it and contributed his lack of performance to the stress of the current situation. Perhaps Glorious Dusk might know of somepony who is familiar with the Archives who could aid him. Maybe even Arcane Flame himself was familiar with them. The thought wasn't entirely pleasing, but his distaste in the Unicorn hardly mattered now.

As Free Form pulled the door to the library open, he calmly ushered Lilac Iris inside before following her. He took a deep breath and admired the Manor's library once again. It was grand and so full of new information. He knew that somewhere in here was a lead. It was just a matter of finding it. That was the hard part. It didn't help that he wasn't familiar with the cataloging system they were using here either. It was almost chaotic.

"Alright, I know this is quite the undertaking, but I'm going to need you to do your best here. I need to find the Baron or the Manor's keeper. One of them might be able to help. In the mean time, look in these two reference isles. I hate to admit that there is no order what-so-ever, but they are all reference books to various places and things in Equestria," Free Form paused as he thought about the best way to tackle such a near-hopeless endeavor. "Look for anything that mentions 'otherworldly magic', 'otherworldly locations', or, well... 'Tambelon'. I'll be back as quick as I can to help."

With that, Free Form cantered as carefully as he could through the library isles and through the large double doors to look for the current residents of the Manor.

----------------------------------------------

Trotton Manor

"Hello! Glorious Dusk? Arcane Flame? Is anyone here still?" Free Form yelled from the Manor lobby. He prayed to Celestia's aging sun that somepony was here to answer him. He needed answers, fast.

Offline

#16 2012-05-30 14:26:34

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Somewhere in Tambelon,
The Realm of Darkness
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The glow faded from the blue ram's horns and the bell around his neck.

"Hrm... That explains some things... And he could be valuable...", the ram mumbled to himself before turning to a nearby yellow maned blue earth pony, "Sport! The potion, I can't have Tabelonian nobility and a possible valuable asset skilled in fire magic dying here!"

"Of course," the earth pony said as he came over with a vile of purple liquid and pored it down the unconscious Arcane's throat.

"Still... I sensed something...", the Ram continued, "Put him under mind control as soon as he wakes up as a precaution... I'll have to got deeper but we don't have time for that now. That Star Maiden must be destroyed! Send word that whoever brings me that troublesome mare's head will be rewarded hansomely!"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Dreamtime
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Darkness.

Out of the darkness comes a brilliant blue-white light. A beautiful blue pony with turquoise dragon-like eyes and a magificent blue horn appears wearing a cloak froms from the center of the brilliant an mesmerizing light. A luscious blueish-white mane could be seen flowing out from under the cloak's hood.

"The glorious time is beginning!", the pony declared in a soothing voice, "Soon Tambelon shall fall and its darkness swept away by the light! Then the heart shall rise from the soil of Equestria and all of reality will be united in a glorious joyful song!"

The charming blue pony with brilliant blue light irradiating from him then smiled happily.

OOC: Free Form and Lilac_Iris will see this dream next time they sleep.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
LewaBolt's Shop
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A wave of energy splashed over the unconscious mare. She took a deep breath and then her glowing pink eyes opened.

"TAMBELON! WE HAVE TO STOP IT!", She yelled as she bolted up from the couch.

Her eyes flashed everywhere as she looked like she was ether about to run away from or attack the next thing that moved.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Trotton Manor
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nocturnal Flame and Glorious Dusk had just gotten to a bedroom when as Free Forms call echoed through the maneor: "Hello! Glorious Dusk? Arcane Flame? Is anyone here still?"

Nocturnal froze.

"Dusk, make sure no one knows I'm here.", Nocturnal said quietly, "I'm suppose to be on a short visit to Zanzebra and questions might be asked if I were suddenly to appear here."

"Yes, my lord", Dusk said in a hushed tone as well, "just please concentrate on resting."

Nocturnal then collapsed onto the bed to rest while Dusk exited the bedroom closing the door behind her.

"Coming!", Dusk shouted as began trotting down the hall towards the sound of Free Form's voice.


BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

Offline

#17 2012-05-30 16:03:25

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

As Lilac Iris put her saddlebags one The Golden Earth pony began walking over to her slowly, his face showing that he didn't know for sure of what he would do. He stood right in front of The Purple mare and suddenly wrapped his foreleg around her. She flinched slightly, but as she looked at him there was a empathic smile forming on his face.


"Hey, I know how you feel, Lilac. Please believe me when I say that this is the last place I want to be right now," Free Form Looked her right in the eye.  "There is no place I would rather be right now than my room in Canterlot studying, or at home with my..."

The Golden Stallion suddenly turned away, an expression of panic forming on his face, and one of confusion and concern spreading on Lilac's, wanting to know what had happened and help, even through she didn't know if she could.

"Or at home with my parents reading in my free time and helping them with their paper mill,” For the first time Lilac realized that Free Form was just as scared as she was, she could see it in his eyes. 

"This really would be the last place I want to be, if I didn't have a promise to uphold,"  his voice had once again returned to its even tone she had heard the first time she had spoken to him. The stallion began to straighten slightly. "When I was with my parents at their home after the attack at the Royal Wedding, I promised myself and them that nopony would ever have to deal with what we went through ever again. I want all of us, everypony that's in this thing together, to be strong for each other and see this through."

Lilac had already known that he had been at the Wedding, but to know the details, and fighting to defend his parents even against the changeling hordes. She saw the confidence building in his eyes. His strong,beautiful forest green eyes, reminding her of home and the peacefulness of a warm summer afternoon. The mare shook he head, trying to bring herself back to the subject at hand.

Free form took his foreleg from around her and stepped back slightly, and the certainty which which he held him self was contagious as she began to recompose also.

"I'll admit that I find it strange throwing my trust into anypony so soon after meeting them in the least of glamorous ways, but for such understanding ponies, I can't help but feel that I must do what I can in any way that I can,"the golden stallion began to smile confidently once more. "We were all pulled into this together and I will stand with you till the end."

Lilac could feel his sincerity, she trusted him completely, only hours ago they hadn't even known of each others existence, but now she was will to follow him wherever he was going. She wanted to show that she was deserving of his friendship and his trust. A small part of Lilac also simply wanted to hold Free Form and not leave her room, hoping that if they stayed here long enough maybe some other ponies night solve the mystery, like the Elements of Harmony, while they could be warm and safe and together. The Purple mare pushed those thoughts away, to even suggest such a think to Free Form would go against what he had said just moments earlier.

"Now, let's head to the Manor." Free Form concluded and with that he turned to the door and she followed.

They made a brief stop at the stallion's room where he dropped off his cloak and picked up his own saddlebags. AS she stood watching him Lilac was struck by the smell of books, it reminded her of the Library back in Manehattan, where she had spent so many hours reading about flowers and romance and dashing stallions in shining armor. “Come on Lilac....Focus!” She thought, she couldn't disappoint Free Form.


The two ponies left the Sleeping Hydra and began trotting through town, She saw a few ponies milling about, many headed back to the festival grounds. Several stopped at the sight of Free Form and Lilac, pointing and whispering. The purple mares cheeks reddened slightly, she couldn't hear them but she was sure it was because they recognized them from the incident with Rare Art earlier.

The two earth ponies continued through town and walked for a while until they finally reached Trotten Manor. Lilac had never seen a place like this before. It rose before her with ancient strength and grace, and she could almost feel the history emanating from it.

Free Form led her around the Manor and into a back door revealing to her the largest library she had ever seen. Floor to ceiling shelves lined each wall and there were several aisles set up also covered in tomes. The very sight of it was almost overwhelming to the mare, while Free Form was admiring it, seeming almost as if he was home.

    "Alright, I know this is quite the undertaking, but I'm going to need you to do your best here. I need to find the Baron or the Manor's keeper. One of them might be able to help. In the mean time, look in these two reference isles. I hate to admit that there is no order what-so-ever, but they are all reference books to various places and things in Equestria," Free Form paused contemplating for a moment. "Look for anything that mentions 'otherworldly magic', 'otherworldly locations', or, well... 'Tambelon'. I'll be back as quick as I can to help." With that The Golden earth pony walked out of a door at the end of the Library, leaving Lilac to her task.

[[Roll for effectiveness of search d20. RESULT=12]]

Lilac looked at the shelves that Free From had gestured towards and began moving along them, scanning the names of books as she past. “Wow, Free Form was right, these don't have any order to them.” she said. Still she was able to find several books that held promise: Beyond the Borders of Equestria, Otherworldly Occurrences and for good measure, The Encyclopedia of Everything: Ta-Te.

sitting down at a nearby desk began to read, hoping to find something useful before Free Form returned, she wanted to do her part to help.


I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

Offline

#18 2012-05-30 20:55:05

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

Rare stood there for a bit after dropping the bloodied mare on the couch, he saw Lewa Bolt pull out what looked like a gem. Rare had noticed that he called it by a name "Cilce", Rare wasn't sure what it was for but he knew nothing that was going on so anything could help the the bruised and bloodied mare. Lewa zapped it with his magic and touched it to the mare's horn, she all the sudden awoke! Rare quickly shifted back to his unicorn form as not to scare the mare.

"TAMBELON! WE HAVE TO STOP IT!" she said hastily as she jumped on her hooves, she looked as if she was going to attack someone or runaway.

"I am Rare Arts! High ranking officer in the personal guard of Princess Celestia and you will sit soldier. Lewa wait outside, I wish to talk to her alone." He looked at him with a serious look, a look he had used on the many recruits he had trained before.

"I know there is something different about you, you seem to be wearing soldiers armor but I have not seen many mares in my training of recruits. Now tell me who are you?"


Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

Offline

#19 2012-05-30 23:19:11

Fire Blossom
Member

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

"TAMBELON! WE HAVE TO STOP IT!" the unicorn mare suddenly said, making LewaBolt jump back an inch, and seemingly causing Rare to shift back into his normal unicorn form. The mare looked about with a panicked expression, as if she might suddenly attack somepony or runaway.

LewaBolt was happy that Cilce, the mysterious magic sapphire crystal, had worked in waking the unconsiouse unicorn mare. Cilce itself though was a crystal being capable of many things, even LewaBolt did know all it could do. It had come into his possession from his father, saying that it was from a star that had impacted the ground close to the Gate of Tartarus. his father though, disappeared almost exactly a year when he had taken that small visit that was so close to the gate.

Breaking his train of thought, LewaBolt heard Rare announce "I am Rare Arts! High ranking officer in the personal guard of Princess Celestia and you will sit soldier." turning his head to face LewaBolt, Rare looked at him with a serious look. "Lewa wait outside, I wish to talk to her alone."

LewaBolt complied with Rare's command. No matter how exited it was that Cilce had done what he had intended, he was afraid of how the mare had been staring at him. He was going to tell the Unicorn mare that the thing that had awaken her was still attached to the base of her horn, but her stare had once again made him want to leave the room.

A thought had pop up in his head when he had walked into his kitchen, leaving the two unicorns alone. LewaBolt still had to pick up his order form the Bakery. He had only been able to eat an apple and a brownie all day, and was about to run out of energy again soon. The kitchen was still empty too, and if any of his guests wanted some sort of food, they would be out of luck. Thinking that it would be best to retrieve his order from the Bakery, LewaBolt left his house through the kitchens back door, closing it silently in order to not disturb them. "I should be back before they are finished... hopefully."

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2012-05-30 23:22:49)


TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

Offline

#20 2012-05-31 00:52:48

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

"Coming!" Free Form heard Glorious Dusk's voice echo from somewhere upstairs. She must have been tending to one of the rooms or whatever it was she did during the day as the Manor's keeper. Actually, he wondered why she wasn't at the festival with Arcane Flame.

For a brief moment, the thought of Arcane Flame running past in terror crossed his mind. Free Form realized that he hadn't seen him after that. He hadn't been anywhere near the crowd as it dispersed nor did he happen to stumble into him around the inn or on the way to the Manor. Perhaps he was upstairs being tended to? It was a strange thought, but Free Form shrugged it off. It was likely that the cowardly Unicorn had run all the way back here and was huddling under his bed and Glorious Dusk was just now leaving his side to tend to the Archivist's need for assistance.

"Umm... is Arcane Flame in by chance? I was wondering if he knew the library well enough to assist me in finding something," Free Form called up the stares as he started making his way towards the second floor. He hoped to meet Glorious Dusk halfway and maybe be lead to where Arcane Flame might be.

"Free Form? Uh, no... Arcane isn't in right now," Glorious Dusk answered as she made her way onto the loft that overlooked the first floor of the main hall of the Manor. "What exactly is it that you need help with in the library? I may be of some assistance. I know it fairly well."

"Well, we're in a bit of a rush and we need as much information as we can muster as soon as possible," Free Form spat out quickly, his desperation to discover a lead becoming apparent now. "We're looking for any information on a place called Tambelon. Any chance that holds some significance to you?"

Offline

#21 2012-05-31 01:31:51

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
LewaBolt's Shop
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"I am Rare Arts! High ranking officer in the personal guard of Princess Celestia and you will sit soldier. Lewa wait outside, I wish to talk to her alone." He looked at him with a serious look, a look he had used on the many recruits he had trained before.

"I know there is something different about you, you seem to be wearing soldiers armor but I have not seen many mares in my training of recruits. Now tell me who are you?"

The unicorn mare's horn flared and she withdrew a blade.

"I am Lucky Stars, Captain of Princess Selena's Royal Guard of the Kingdom of Asteria!", The mare declared, "Choose your next words carefully, does your 'Princess Celestia' stand with Tambelon and Grogar or oppose him?!"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Trotton Maneor
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"We're looking for any information on a place called Tambelon." Free Form asked, "Any chance that holds some significance to you?"

"Strangely, I believe I have heard that before..." Dusk said trying to remember, "Oh yes, Arcane's little friend Lyra Heartstrings! I overheard her mention it once when she was going on about humans to Arcane and this pegasus mare named Sugar Grape. Seems the leader of this mythical place was almost as obsessed with finding humans as that weird mare is. She even had some weird idea that both the ancestors of the Flame and Heartstrings family came from that nasty place based on some old vague references in the Equestria Chronicles about the 'Child of the Ram' and his assistant the 'Crafter of Flame'. Pure poppycock like those 'humans' of hers."

OOC: Edit- originally had it posed as the Kingdom of Ishuwa but on second though while it's a clever reference - It's a minor kingdom whose name meant 'Horse-land' and was filled with Hurrians who preserved their star worshiping pagan religion into the 10th century AD by claiming the Hermetic Corpus as their holy book (and also preserved and transmitted a whole lot of other classical documents) but it just sounds too weird to say in connection with ponies especially one ruled by princess with Greek-ish name (even if the Hurrians preserved a lot of Ancient Greek documents and philosophy).

Also the 'Child of the Ram' and the 'Crafter of Flame' would have appeared way back early in the pre-classical era in the old pony homeland.


BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

Offline

#22 2012-05-31 04:00:02

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

The mare responded by drawing a sword "I am Lucky Stars, Captain of Princess Selena's Royal Guard of the Kingdom of Asteria!", The mare declared, "Choose your next words carefully, does your 'Princess Celestia' stand with Tambelon and Grogar or oppose him?!"

Rare wasn't sure how to respond to this other than opposing the threat, his natural instinct took over "I have no idea who this Tambleon or Grogar are, but its best you drop the blade" Allowing his magic to flare and going back to his changeling form. "Now drop it! before I drop you"


Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

Offline

#23 2012-05-31 05:01:35

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
LewaBolt's Shop
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rare wasn't sure how to respond to this other than opposing the threat, his natural instinct took over "I have no idea who this Tambleon or Grogar are, but its best you drop the blade" Allowing his magic to flare and going back to his changeling form. "Now drop it! before I drop you"

Lucky Stars breathed a sigh of relief and replaced the blade. Clearly Tambelon wasn't on this world in force yet.

"Easy now!", Lucky said trying to calm the provoked changeling, "I come in peace then... and far worse things than you have tried to drop me lately shape shifter... Where am I exactly? Who is this Princess Celestia? and what are you?"


BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

Offline

#24 2012-05-31 08:55:36

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

Lilac was scanning through the three old books she had found. The Encyclopedia of Everything's  full entry on the subject was: an ancient city that resides in the Realm of Darkness, an 'in-between place'.
The Purple mare had looked at those words and read them over and over. She didn't want anything to do with a Realm of Darkness, and what the hay did it mean when it said an “In between place”?

Beyond the Borders of Equestria had proven slightly more useful, it had entries of many different creatures she had never seen before, including “Ponyland” where strange looking ponies that only looked vaguely like Equestrians had lived side by side with even stranger creatures called humans. She paused at that entry and lifted the book to look at the cover. Finding the name of the author, Clarsach Heartstrings. Lilac could only wonder if this poor pony had spent the entire time they were writing this hallucinating or something.

Nevertheless she contintued on reading, and struck luck when she found that there had appently been a battle of sorts between Tambelon and Ponyland, but details were sparse and left her more confused then before, since it seemed this Tambelon somehow existed in another dimension, but she was bolstered slightly by the fact that it seems the "ponies" had won.

Lilac held her head in her hooves and closed her eyes. The events of today had left her with a headache, and books on strange creatures and realms of darkness weren't help. The purple earth pony hoped that Free Form would return soon, hopefully with someone from the manor, any of them was bound to know more about what was going on then her.

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-06-01 09:22:51)


I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

Offline

#25 2012-06-01 01:26:06

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

OOC: I should probably stop dicking around with character stuff and just progress the story. I also feel like this post is a clusterfuck of nonsense. Maybe I'll proofread it tomorrow or something. Until then I'll hope it isn't.

Equestria Chronicles!" Free Form repeated the name of the book in his head. That's why Tambelon rang a distant bell!

"Thank you so much Glorious Dusk! I can't believe I hadn't remembered that ridiculous book!" Free Form grinned excitedly at the grey Pegasus. "I had taken a class once at Canterlot University that centered entirely upon theorizing the content within it. We were all so sure that it was such a farfetched account of Equestria's history that it was more a work of fiction than anything. It was the most absurd thing I had ever been a part of. By the end of the semester, our class had pieced together an elaborate alternate universe based entirely on the nonsense explained in that book where Princess Celestia came to power by sending random ponies to the moon for disobeying her, having a strange obsession with courting anypony she set her eyes on, and some ridiculous thing she had with bananas."

Free Form was chuckling so hard now at the thought that tears were streaming from his eyes. It was one of the few classes where he felt like he was having fun at Canterlot University. Though, it helped a lot that his instructor for the class, Abstract Theory, was one of the few there that reveled in unearthing ridiculous Equestrian customs and sharing even more absurd books from the Archives.

As the golden Earth pony pushed that thought aside, he finally considered the use of this new knowledge. Equestrian Chronicles was ridiculed as an absurd and inaccurate depiction of Equestria's history. Although, despite a lot of its inconsistencies, it still had a plausible amount of fairly accurate, if not mostly vague, history within it. In fact, that book was how the Archivist first learned about Trotsiphone. Free Form had spent hours upon hours cross referencing Trotsiphone and her discovery of the Gates of Tartarus as it had been offhandedly mentioned in the book. Most of the regional history texts he had delved into gave a base overview of the land, how it was discovered, and eventually settled. They were the horribly boring reference books found in practically every library and his go-to choice. That hadn't been enough, though. So, he dug deeper. There was one little book he found tucked away in the Archives titled Intricate History that accounted for every major event in Equestria's history and gave some considerable length to Trotsiphone's exploits within Equestria's newly formed nation including "her discovery of previously unknown lands" and "bravery fending off the wicked creatures on the other side of the Everfree Forest".

"Well... I'm glad I could be of assistance," Glorious Dusk gave Free Form a hesitant and awkward look before turning her head. She had only met this pony twice, but her opinion of him was beginning to grow towards a position of "awkward and eccentric". Even if he was the polar opposite of Arcane Flame, the grey Pegasus couldn't help but think of them as exactly the same. Perhaps she was wrong and he was a more down-to-earth pony than she gave him credit for. Then again, who rambles about a ludicrous past scenario with somepony they barely know?

"Is it safe for me to assume that Equestrian Chronicles is in the Manor's library?" Free Form couldn't imagine why it wouldn't be. Most every library had a copy for some reason or another. It was like the new age history book for everypony around Equestria and, sadly, a lot of ponies were starting to believe it was one hundred percent accurate.

"Ah, well, I'm not personally familiar with the Manor's library to be honest. I seldom go in other than to make sure that it is dusted, clean, and in acceptable shape. Other than that, I'm not even here all year around, so I'd never have a chance to fully explore it even if I had wanted to," Glorious Dusk said solemnly. It was obvious to her now that he had high hopes riding on finding this book, but she truly wasn't sure if he'd find it or not. She really wished she could help more than that, and showed her regret.

"Don't worry about it. At the very least, you gave us some information to work with," Free Form reassured the grey Pegasus of her usefulness. "Even if we don't find that particular book, I may be able to find something in the Manor's library about this 'Child of the Ram' and 'Crafter of Flame'. If what you said is even remotely close to true, then there is undoubtedly an extended history of the family somewhere here that may mention Tambelon in the slightest."

"Wait, did you say 'us'? Is somepony else with you?" Glorious Dusk wasn't entirely sure if she heard the Archivist correctly.

"Umm... yeah. A friend from town. She's umm... helping me figure out what this Tambelon thing is," Free Form stumbled on his words slightly. He was reluctant to share any more information than he had to. There was no need for anypony else to get involved with this is he could help it.

"Well, I wish you luck in finding more information on this and I hope you aren't too enthusiastic about any of it. No need for other ponies to be running around spouting the nonsense in that book as truth," Glorious Dusk said rather grimly. She hoped that Free Form was at least a little more normal than he was beginning to let on to.

"Of course. Don't worry about that. I would never consider treating anything in that book as a fact without some hard evidence and extensive research, and since we're a little short on time, I doubt we'll find what we need," Free Form realized the grey Pegasus wasn't entirely enthusiastic about the idea of any of what he was looking into as being real. All the more reason not to inform her as to what he was doing. For now, it could stay as simple research and curiosity. "Anyways, I thank you again for your help."

Free Form nodded to Glorious Dusk and made his way down the stairs towards the library. His hopes were high that this lead would net them something useful. The Archivist didn't doubt that Lilac Iris was doing her best to find what she could, but his faith in her ability to find what they needed was sketchy at best. He hated to admit it to himself, but she didn't quite seem like the kind of pony that spent a lot of time searching libraries and researching for a living or for fun. Even his confidence to find what they needed was in question. The Archivist was going to attempt searching a library he wasn't familiar with after all.

As the dull-gold Earth pony pushed the large double doors open, he quickly trotted over towards where he saw Lilac Iris nose deep in a book she had found. Perhaps Free Form was too quick to judge her after all. It looked like she was intensely focused on something in the book she was reading.

"I'm back, and I think I may have a lead! Did you happen to find anything useful, Lilac?"

Offline

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB