Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#26 2012-06-01 09:38:12

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

OOC: Stories going fine DashAttack, We need to see how fast the questioning of lucky star is anyways.

Lilac had continued to work her way through Beyond the Borders of Equestria Clarsach Heartstrings had talked little more about Tambelon, but she was hoping that some clue would be hidden within the pages of this strange tome, but so far all she had found were odd looking sketches of more strange creature, including a cross between a pony and a fish, which Lilac had stared at for a while, trying to decide if she was really seeing that.

Just then she heard the large double doors opening and saw Free Form enter, a smile on his face and a purpose in his stride.

"I'm back, and I think I may have a lead! Did you happen to find anything useful, Lilac?" He said as he entered.

“Thank Celestia! I've been reading some of these books and I don't even know if I am reading fact or fiction. There is a little here about Tambelon. It says that it is a realm of Darkness and an 'In between place', whatever that mean.” The purple mare sighed “All I know for sure is that if it does exist, It's one of the last places I ever want to visit.”

She rubbed her eyes again, “Give me a sunny day and a good romance novel any day., and maybe a glass of wine and.....” She sensed that she was beginning to ramble on at this point, and quickly changed her tone and topic.

“So you said you got a lead? What book should we look for?”

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#27 2012-06-02 12:25:14

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Rare saw the mare sheath her blade "Easy now!", Lucky said trying to calm the provoked changeling, "I come in peace then... and far worse things than you have tried to drop me lately shape shifter... Where am I exactly? Who is this Princess Celestia? and what are you?"

Rare felt that she was at ease so he allowed his magic to cool, allowing him to go back to his unicorn form. "This is Trotton my dear, this is one of the many settlements in our great land of Equestria. Princess Celestia is our ruler, along with her sister Princess Luna. I am Rare art, a high ranking officer in the personal guard of the Princess Celestia. I am also her go to for changes in the changeling hive. Now answer me this, who are you..why are here..who is this Tambelon, Grogar and this Princess Selena..Where is this Asteria"

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#28 2012-06-02 16:59:23

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
LewaBolt's Shop

Rare felt that she was at ease so he allowed his magic to cool, allowing him to go back to his unicorn form. "This is Trotton my dear, this is one of the many settlements in our great land of Equestria. Princess Celestia is our ruler, along with her sister Princess Luna. I am Rare art, a high ranking officer in the personal guard of the Princess Celestia. I am also her go to for changes in the changeling hive. Now answer me this, who are you..why are here..who is this Tambelon, Grogar and this Princess Selena... Where is this Asteria"

Hive? Are all ponies in this land like him? Well seeing the things Tambelon had - anything was possible. Lucky Stars thought.

"It is a long story, and Asteria is on another world." Lucky said preparing to recite the first bit for memory, "In all of Ponydom, there are many tales to be told. But this story is more than a tale — it is a legend, and it takes place in the magical realm of Asteria. Long ago, Asteria was ruled by two twin royal sisters whose job it was to create harmony throughout the land. One of the twin sisters, Princess Solaria, used her alicorn powers to raise the sun in the morning and lower it in the evening. Then the other sister, Princess Selena, would bring out the moon at night and lower it in the morning to make way for the sun.

One day the sun began changing. As she was flying across the sky one day all Solaria could see was frowning faces. Princess Solaria spoke to her sister, Princess Selena, about the ponies of the land. Solaria told Selena that she thought the ponies were ugly, because of the horrible frowns that they had upon their faces when they looked up at her. But, Selena laughed and told the Solaria that she thought the ponies of the realm were quite beautiful creatures, for, when they looked up in the sky at her each night, they always seemed to have a pleasant smile upon their faces.

Solaris_Blaze.png

This made Solaria very angry and jealous. She grew to hate the ponies of the land, for she thought they loved her sister much more than they loved her. She decided that she would kill all of the ponies who did not follow her alone with the heat and light of the blazing sun. One faithful evening Princess Solaria refused to lower the sun to make way for the moon ever again. Princess Solaria became the Wicked Mare of the Blazing Sun, Corona Blaze! A bitter civil war erupted and our world was devastated and many horrors occurred.

Solaris_Blaze_2.png

Finally the two twin princesses met in single combat in the place that would later become the site of the city of Hoofingham. All looked lost as it seemed that Princess Solaria was about to finish off her sister but suddenly four stars shown brightly in the sky and they reigned down power on Selena. Selena managed to contain her sister long enough for the holders of the Harmony Elements to seal her into a metal sculpture of her they had seen in their dreams and had constructed from some unusual metal found in the area around the Hoof. Princess Selena then fixed the sky with the help of a magical device made from the strange metal and reigned from the new capital of Hoofingham as she took responsibility for both the moon and the sun. Harmony was then maintained for generations.

Blaze_Defeated.pngSelena_Ruler.png

After 1,000 years Princess Solaria was released from her metal prison and was quickly blasted by the six with their harmony wands. Princess Solaria was declared purified of evil but few ponies trusted her and things continued on with Solaria regaining control over the sun.

Tabelonian_Fortess.png

Then one day Tambelon, a dark realm between the realms, came. A fortress appeared out of no where and landed near a small village called Hayton and an army of various creatures quickly overrun the village with magical staff weapons. They marched out from there and more fortresses appeared but soon they were beaten back... and then something happened... Suddenly, more fortresses came and out from them came even stranger soldiers, powerful weapons we had never seen before, frightening alicorns filled the sky, striped self-repairing death machines, automatons rampaging with cries of 'CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, SWAG!', some sort of plague bombs, and many many horrors. We heard tales that all this was provided by a mysterious earth pony called 'Meany Sport' who pledged his support to Tambelon and its Emperor - the demonic immortal ram Grogar.

Emperor_Grogar.png

In any event we were no match for the armies of Tambelon, and we were quickly being overrun. Soon they were at the gates of Hoofingham and unbeknownst to her anypony Princess Solaria found a book said to have been written by a mad alchemist during the years when the sun was wrong. In this book she found a terrible spell that she hoped would destroy the Tambelonian armies. She sacrificed herself for the spell and it greatly damaged Tambelon but did worse to our world. Vast 'dead zones' filled with corruptive necromantic energy bespeckled the land, an untold staggering amount of ponies and Tambelonians died - many ponies becoming what we refer to as the 'vengeful damned'. They were warped by the corruptive necromantic energy that killed them and then rose them again as it corrupted their bodies, minds, and very souls. Over the course of a couple of weeks their coats turned a dark gray, their manes silver, their eyes a dull amber, and their cutie marks faded away. Their personalities also become warped; they became focused on death, depression, vengeance, and destruction. After about two weeks when the change has fully occurred it is permanent. Fortunately they were confined to the 'dead zones' as they could not live long without Necromantic energy.

This stopped Tambelon for a time but they soon returned in full force with their ranks supplemented with the 'vengeful dead'. Meany Sport and his assistant a demented scientist pony had developed collars which generated corruptive necromantic energy giving them life support and as a side effect changing their eyes to a glowing pink. The Tambelonians urged the vengeful dead on to destroy us, the ones who had killed and destroyed them.

We're not sure why Tambelon continues to march on our devastated world, maybe it's an honor thing after the impact Solaria's Folly had on them. But they became all the more vicious. My mother was foalnapped in a raid and executed just outside Hoofingham's walls, my poor twin brother... Agile Feather who deserved so much more was captured in battle by a pink pony in a hideous costume who cut off his wings and slowly tortured him to death. I watched her do it, she was about to do the same to me when some of our soldiers came in and rescued me. The pink pony survived and I heard that she took Agile's remains and baked them into cupcakes which were left outside the walls with a note saying they were for me..."

At this Lucky Stars began crying and stomping her hooves into the couch. Tears poured from her pink eyes and she was only able to continue after several minutes.

"If one stays too long with in a dead zone they will 'die' and then be 'raised' to be corrupted. I am now one of those damned ponies, in a way I deserve it for failing to save Agile. I was sent by Princess Selena to investigate some way of stopping Tambelon after the bearers of harmony fell. I spent too much time within a dead zone and died - I managed however to get a collar off one of the recruited vengeful dead and infiltrated a fortress that returned to the Realm of Darkness for reinforcements and supplies. I managed to infiltrate their dark city before I was discovered - they are now planing to attack your realm in an effort to get more resources and slaves in order to bolster their depleted forces."

"This," Lucky gesturing to the weird device attached to her left foreleg, "Is some sort of powerful arcano-tech device, I don't remotely understand it, but it seems to contain a map of this land and indicates a small Tambelonian base in the forest. If we act very soon we could shut them down before they do what ever they're planning to do. We could then infiltrate the Tambelon itself, cause havoc, and hopefully get into their facility around their 'Bell of Order', if the right magical pulses are transmitted to it they will be prevented from traveling to both our worlds for anywhere between a few years and a millennium."

"Now Sir Rare Arts," Lucky said continuing, "are all ponies, or changelings if you prefer to be called that, on this world able to shift forms? Is your Princesses some sort of creatures who hatch you in that hive you mentioned?"

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#29 2012-06-02 18:57:16

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Rare listened as the mare told the story of her land and what had happened; He heard as if this world was an exact opposite to that of Equestria. One where a great evil had taken over.

"Now Sir Rare Arts," Lucky said continuing, "are all ponies, or changelings if you prefer to be called that, on this world able to shift forms? Is your Princesses some sort of creatures who hatch you in that hive you mentioned?"

"Most of the occupancy of this land are that of ponies, I am a hybrid of changeling. I was born a pony and will die as one, but I have access to changeling magic" He said as he allowing his changeling form to take up

"my great great grandfather Noble Heart was a changeling who left his hive to side with Princess Celestia, from what I know me and my family are the only ones like this."

He turned to look at lucky "but there are hives of pure blood changelings, the biggest being led by Chrysalis. She is the queen of this changelings; she attempted to take control of this world a couple weeks ago but failed thanks to our harmony bearers. Now if your saying this Grogar is trying to take this land then we must stop him before his plan can get any farther then it already has."

"Has this device given the information that is most dire, If not I believe my friend may be able to help us with it."

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#30 2012-06-02 20:19:39

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

LewaBolt's Shop

Lucky felt slightly disappointed in the answer, a team of shape-shifting ponies would have made things at lot easier.

"Aye," Lucky replied, "Call your friend over if he might be able help - we should try to get moving soon on a strike..."

Lucky then noticed all the health warnings projected into her vision by way of spell craft - it wouldn't be until at least the next morning that she would be in any condition to actually do anything strenuous.

"But for right now I need to rest and heal", Lucky added with a sigh, "Out of curiosity, you don't happen to have Rampaging Unicorn Whiskey on your world do ya?"

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#31 2012-06-03 00:53:01

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

OOC: Not sure if I crossed the line or anything, but I figured with the information you've already leaked out that certain stuff was fair game to retcon in. Just let me know if I should change something.

“Thank Celestia! I've been reading some of these books and I don't even know if I am reading fact or fiction. There is a little here about Tambelon. It says that it is a realm of Darkness and an 'In between place', whatever that mean.” The purple mare sighed “All I know for sure is that if it does exist, It's one of the last places I ever want to visit.”

Free Form couldn't agree any more with that statement. Though he still struggled to recall much about Tambelon, his slowly returning memory of this dark place was rather grim. It was likely a place that was more trouble than it was worth. However, the Archivist couldn't shrug the feeling that they'd end up there one way or another.

Lilac Iris rubbed her eyes, “Give me a sunny day and a good romance novel any day, and maybe a glass of wine and.....” the purple Earth pony trailed off halfway through her thought and stared blankly at her book for a moment before resetting herself and looking back up to Free Form with a look of eagerness on her face.

“So you said you got a lead? What book should we look for?” She asked hopefully.

"Well, that's still a bit tricky. What you have found is good. It sounds like this place is very interesting. One can only imagine the dangers a place like this might have, or how one would even come and go from such a place," Free Form said as he beat around the bush a bit. He had an idea of how to figure out exactly what Tambelon was, but without the proper knowledge of this library, it was still a bit of a shot in the dark. "What we need are several different books from this library. Your start is good, and even if what you have found is vague, it is still helpful. We know for sure that this place is some sort of otherworldly place, and that it likely links dimensions."

Free Form carefully paced around the table towards the nearest aisle of books. It was one of the reference sections that he had directed Lilac search through. There were far too many books here to even guess which ones were the right ones. Though, for all he knew, the ones that Lilac had picked out might have been their best bet. In any case, the Archivist needed to look for Equestrian Chronicles and anything that might have to do with the Flame's family history.

"I learned from the Manor's keeper of something known as the 'Child of the Ram' and the 'Crafter of Flame'. Something tells me that they are mutually related to both Tambelon and Arcane Flame. It's just a matter of finding the Flame family history here... somewhere..." Free Form trailed off as he passed by a couple more aisles with nothing more than the same types of books he had read the night before. One had the history's of Trotton, the surrounding areas, Canterlot, Ponyville, and just about every other town in Equestria. They were all equally useless.

The next few aisles proved to be as worthless as the previous few. Bestiaries, journals from afar, works of fiction that were obviously ripped straight from the public Canterlot library, and extensive plans and schematics of the structures in Trotton, but nothing regarding the Flame family history. It wasn't until Free Form reached the very end of the row of aisles that he found what he was looking for.

There at the very end of the library was a small nook tucked into the back side of the last large shelf. It was almost like entering an entire separate room within the library. A low, make-shift ceiling was hung from the wall and connected to the back of previous bookcase and kept together a 10-foot by 10-foot, U-shaped shelf that ran all the way around. Free Form almost felt like he needed to duck as he entered the nook. As he stepped in, he noticed that books lined every inch of each shelf. It looked like there were four shelves total, but the Archivist wasn't sure if the lack of light was keeping information from him or not. This had to be what he was looking for.

(d20 Roll for search of proper Flame family history book: d11 + Archivist's Intuition (+5) = 16)

Free Form studied each shelf closely. Even if this filing method in this library made little sense to him, it wouldn't be hard to find the proper book in this tiny space. His eyes passed over several enticing titles, but none seemed to be what he wanted. The Claiming of Trotton, Trotton Manor: Past and Present, The Flame's Finest: Who's Who of Trotton's Rulers...

Free Form chuckled at the last one. Trotton hadn't had been considered its own territory in ages. That book was incredibly ancient and dated. In fact, as he went on, each book drew closer and closer to the pre-classical era. Then his eyes grazed just the book he had been looking for only a few worn spines away, The Flame Family: The "Crafters" of Trotton. The Archivist pulled the book out and coughed as gathered dust billowed out from where the book resided. A sneeze brushed its way past his nose before forcing itself out.

"ACHOO!" The book fell to the floor, it's cover face-up on the floor. The Flame's family crest emblazoned the front of the book, which was already well decorated with golden engravings in the worn leather of the cover. This had to be it. Free Form picked up the book and backed out of the small nook before heading back over to the desk Lilac sat at. He sat the book down before her with a thud and coughed again as dust flew up from the old tome.

"This is what we needed to look for all along," Free Form said triumphantly. "I was thinking I might check the previous ages, where the Flame family might have had more prominence and literature on them, but I ended up stumbling upon something better. Apparently, they keep everything regarding their family in its own area. Hardly a surprise."

Free Form walked back to the side of the table opposite Lilac Iris and put his hooves up on the wooden surface. It was time to get serious. "Before we start looking through this, though, I need to see some passages in Equestian Chronicles/ Ya know... to refresh my memory."

With that, the Archivist set off in the opposite direction. He only had to travel past a couple of aisles before he found the one he wanted. It was filled mostly with general non-fiction, some books of exaggerated tales, and even a few books in the Daring Do series. Kind of surprising to find such frivolous reading in a library like this. Regardless, this aisle seemed to be where some of the books that were unable to be categorized went. Fortunately for Free Form, it was the only section of the library that was organized like a normal library. Bizarre. Though, he decided not to look a gift pony in the mouth and went with it. About half-way down the aisle he found Equestrian Chronicles at the end of the "E's".

"Found it!" Free Form shouted from the aisle before gleefully prancing from the aisle with the book clenched between his teeth. He set the book down next to the other one and looked to Lilac Iris again, "Now we get cracking!"

Free Form opened both books and began to simultaneously search both for what he needed. All he needed in Equestrian Chronicles was to find the one section that spoke of Tambelon. It seemed like something that might have a far larger portion of the book, but, if he remembered correctly, it was just offhandedly mentioned in the section regarding the Everfree Forest and the ancient castle of the royal pony sisters. His real trouble was in the Flame family history book. He needed to find some occurrance of 'Crafter of Flame' that was close to Tambelon.

The Archivist jumped from book to book multiple times before stopping on the Flame family history book long enough to read one particular entry. Silence lingered between the two ponies for a brief moment before Free Form called out in excitement, "Ah ha!"

He turned another page in Equestrian Chronicles while keeping a hoof on one spot in the other book. As he got closer to the page he knew he needed in EC, his wild grin grew more and more excited until he finally reached the page he wanted. Then, nothing. His smile faded into a look of confused disappointment. Half of the page had been torn out of the book. Who would go out of their way to defile a book?

"Well... this is disappointing," Free Form looked up at Lilac Iris for a moment to share his disappointment with her. Though, he could tell by the look on her face that she was more confused than anything.

"Let me just read what I can from Equestrian Chronicles..."

And it is here, at the Lost Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters that we see the damage caused by some unknown catastrophe. Some had contributed its destruction to the falling out the Royal Sisters once had, where Princess Celestia was forced to take up the Elements of Harmony in order to banish her sister to the moon for one-thousand years. Her sacrifice, though valiant, tore the castle asunder. The wild energies of the Elements being turned on one of its own users by another warped their magic to such a degree that it destroyed the castle and ultimately altered the equilibrium of the forest. No longer the controlled environment it had once been, it has now become known as the Everfree Forest, where the chaos of nature rules supreme.

However, there are other theories to this. Princess Celestia has claimed that this story is entirely true, but evidence also points to other energies being at work within the forest around the castle. These energies being ones that let other creatures enter the land of Equestria, perhaps even before the castle itself was destroyed. This is one way that the 'Child ------

"The book cuts off there. I know there is more to it in the rest of that passage, but I guess we'll take what we can get," Free Form said as he looked over the other book.

...and ages long before the Flame family had been known among those in Equestria, there was one who defined them and was known as the 'Crafter of Flame'. It was he who entered this realm just as the rise of Equestria began. In this time, he retained his title of 'Crafter of Flame' and was known almost solely as such. Due to this, he took on the name of 'Flame' and passed it down for generations to come. It is he who found his way to the young land of Equestria, and he who established his place as one of the land's most formidable magic users. It has been passed through the family history that even Starswirl the Bearded was struck in awe at some of the otherworldly feats of magic performed by the 'Crafter of Flame'.

"I think we've found ourselves a pretty valuable piece of information, Lilac. We may not have learned too much more about Tambelon, but it looks like Arcane Flame has more to do with it than anypony could have imagined," Free Form looked at her with a leery eagerness in his eyes. This was a lot deeper than he had imagined and exciting to boot, but that just meant that things might be getting rockier. Looks like he'd be bothering Glorious Dusk once more.

"We might want to find out where Arcane Flame is and fill him in on this," Free Form said as he stood at the table and nodded his head towards the library's large double doors. "Glorious Dusk should know where he's at."

#32 2012-06-03 11:35:35

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Lilac Iris had listen to Free Form after he had returned from talking to the residents of the manor. He told her that while what she had said was interesting, they were going to need more books from this Library, books that he hoped he could find in the unknown organization among the aisles and aisles of books. “ We know for sure that this place is some sort of otherworldly place, and that it likely links dimensions." The Golden Stallion said as he left the table and began walking through the library.

“Links Dimensions?” Lilac mouthed as She heard her friends steps get quieter and quieter. This was getting more and more complicated by the minute. She went back to reading her book, starting an interesting piece about dragons. Only a few paragraphs in she heard something.

“ACHOO”

Lilac jumped in her seat, dropping the book she was holding. She gave a soft chuckle as she settled back down, and Free Form came trotting back hold a very old looking book. He laid the book only the table and triumphantly told her. “"This is what we needed to look for all along,""I was thinking I might check the previous ages, where the Flame family might have had more prominence and literature on them, but I ended up stumbling upon something better. Apparently, they keep everything regarding their family in its own area. Hardly a surprise."

Lilac could tell that her friend did not have a very high opinion of the residents of Trotten Manor, and she watched him as he more back around the table and appeared that he was about to sit. "Before we start looking through this, though, I need to see some passages in Equestian Chronicles/ Ya know... to refresh my memory." He said suddenly and headed back into the Library.

The purple earth pony was left staring at the book emblazoned with a family crest. She was tempted to open it, but she was afraid that the ancient tome would fall apart if she touched it.

"Found it!" She hear the Golden Stallion yell from the aisles, and he came prancing back to the table with a  book held in his smiling mouth. "Now we get cracking!" He said looking at her from across the table.

Lilac watched in awe as Free Formed opened both books and began to read, his eyes jumping from one to the other seamlessly, marveling as she saw his friend in his obvious natural element. They briefly sat there in silence until The stallion let out an  excited “Ah Ha!” He turned one more page with a huge grin on his face, which quickly faded.

"Well... this is disappointing,"  he said to her, but all she could return was a confused look at the sudden change in mood. "Let me just read what I can from Equestrian Chronicles..."

The Golden Stallion proceeded to read her a passage, telling her of  Fall of the  Ancient Castle and the possible origins of the Everfree Forest, but the entry cut off halfway through.

"The book cuts off there. I know there is more to it in the rest of that passage, but I guess we'll take what we can get," He then read from the other book, which toldthe story of the Flame family and the  “Crafter of the Flame” who appeared to be the start of the family line who came to Equestria from another realm.

"I think we've found ourselves a pretty valuable piece of information, Lilac. We may not have learned too much more about Tambelon, but it looks like Arcane Flame has more to do with it than anypony could have imagined," Free From said to Lilac Iris with a wary excitement. "We might want to find out where Arcane Flame is and fill him in on this," he contuned as he stood at the table and nodded his head towards the library's large double doors. "Glorious Dusk should know where he's at."

“I can go see if I can find her if you want to stay and keep reading, and she began towards the doors, not knowing if the other pony would follow. The purple Earth pony stood in the hall looking at the stone walls and tapersties that decorated it.

“Glorious Dusk! Are you there! Free Form and I wanted to know if you Knew where Arcane Flame night be? We would like to speak with him if we could.”

It took a few moments before a gray pegasus mare came around the corner.

“Master Flame is not here at the moment, I haven't seen him since this morning when he left for the Festival with Lunar Shine.

“Thank you mam,  I am Lilac Iris by the way, it is a pleasure to meet you. Now I hate to run, but there is a matter we must attend to that could be of utmost importance. I hope we can meet and chat sometime, I would love to know more about you and the manor.” With that she began trotting back into the Library towards the back door. Turning to Free Form.

“It is getting late, we should probably head back into town. See if  LewaBolt and Rare Art have learned anything.”

Normal is boring.

#33 2012-06-03 12:30:06

Fire Blossom

LewaBolt's trip back to the bakery was quite successful , considering there were no more distraction on thy were there compared to his first time going over about an hour ago. The baker was also quite happy to hear the changeling issue had been resolved, and that no pony was hurt. The baker though had been a bit disappointed on how LewaBolt had ran off, disregarding any danger it could have been when he had went after to check on the purple earth pony that had been with the changeling.

"Oh, could you also add in a few apple tarts with my previous order, I have some company and don't want to disappoint them with my rather lack of food" LewaBolt said, as he produced a pouch filled with bits out of thin air. The baker was awed by the small trick LewaBolt had done, he heard that a pony in a town close by could do such a feat but had never witnessed something like it till now. "That will be 13 bits" After paying, LewaBolt grabbed the box that now contained sweet treats and rushed out of the building. He of course said as he left that he would be back soon if he could manage it.

LewaBolt thought it would be best to re-enter through the back door of his house, but didn't want to be rude to his guests, seeing as he had sneaked out of the house without them knowing. when he opened the door, he was greeted by a suspicious glare from the mare unicorn and Rare. "I'm sorry if you didn't know," LewaBolt said to the two "but i had to go pick up some food...i'm rather out of anything edible in the kitchen."

He couldn't guess what had been going on since he left, but things had seemed to calm down with the gray Unicorn mare, as the atmosphere around her was now more relaxing. "oh, before i get settled in and ask what I've missed, i need to get Cilce off of you." The gray mare him a look of concern, making it seem that she hadn't noticed that there was a blur opal crystal stuck at the bottom of her horn. giving a small zap with his magic to where the crystal was located, a small sound of delight emmeted from the blue stone. As it started floating above the mares head, it morphed into a small crystal pony with insectiod wings, much like a changelings but more like a dragonfly's. the tiny Crystal pony flew over to LewaBolt's work table, landing on it with grace, standing still as if it were waiting for somthing.

The sudden experience of the now pony form of the crystal that had been of the mares head had created some questioning looks at him. Unknowing any of the looks that were now dericted at him, since he was busy with the box filled with food, he asked with a mouth full of a muffin "Hawt hid eh muss, winny hing doohd?"

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#34 2012-06-04 03:25:34

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

LewaBolt's Shop

"whaa whhat is that thing?" Lucky said slightly alarmed by the sight of little blue pony thing that had been on her horn?

Ok... Strange crystal pixie pony things that attach to my horn... This land is wonky., Lucky thought.

"Hawt hid eh muss, winny hing doohd?", the very strange blue stallion said.

Lucky then sighed and briefly explained herself and her story.

"Now kinda forgive me as I'm new to your world," Lucky said to the blue stallion, "BUT WHAT IN THE BUCK IS THAT CRYSTAL PIXIE PONY THINGY?!~ oh, and did ya put any other wonky creature thingies on me that I should probably know about here? Also who are you?"

Trotton Maneor

"Glorious Dusk! Are you there!", Lilac Iris called out, "Free Form and I wanted to know if you Knew where Arcane Flame night be? We would like to speak with him if we could."

It took a few moments before a gray pegasus mare came around the corner.

"Master Flame is not here at the moment," Dusk began, "I haven't seen him since this morning when he left for the Festival with Lunar Shine. He should be out by himself some where now. I wouldn't wait up - back in Hoofington he would sometime disappear for days heading to some tavern, library, or off on some foolish quest with Ms. Lyra Heartstings to look at some supposed evidence of humans or any number of other such nonsense that strange filly had in her head."

"Thank you mam, I am Lilac Iris by the way, it is a pleasure to meet you. Now I hate to run, but there is a matter we must attend to that could be of utmost importance. I hope we can meet and chat sometime, I would love to know more about you and the manor." With that she began trotting back into the Library towards the back door. Turning to Free Form.

"It is getting late, we should probably head back into town. See if  LewaBolt and Rare Art have learned anything."

"It was a pleasure meeting you too dear.", Dusk replied, "Oh Mr. Free Form, can I get you anything?"

Last edited by Arcane Flame (2012-06-04 03:37:33)

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#35 2012-06-04 06:47:58

Fire Blossom

"Whaa whhat is that thing?" The Unicorn mare said slightly alarmed, only a few minutes before LewaBolt had talked with his mouth full of the muffin he was eating. The mare seemed unaware of what to do next since the appearance of Cilce flying off her forehead, though as if  instinctively, she started to tell LewaBolt her herself and her story.

Just as she had finished, the gray unicorn mare asked "Now kinda forgive me as I'm new to your world," she paused the inhale "BUT WHAT IN THE BUCK IS THAT CRYSTAL PIXIE PONY THINGY?!~ oh, and did ya put any other wonky creature thingies on me that I should probably know about here? Also who are you?"

"y..you don't remember me?" Asked, his voice a touch confused "I'm LewaBolt; I was just here when you had woken up in that berserked look on your face." LewaBolt wasn't sure how to make this out, but just guesses that in her disoriented state; he must have been blanked out. Going back to the first and second question she had asked him, all he could say to her was, "That crystal pony, from all my father had told me...fell from the heavens as a falling star, and the closest thing that it comes to being defined as, is a Brezzie...which have never been proven of existence." LewaBolt walked over to the Glowing small crystal pony, handing it an Apple tart from the box of barkers goods. The little crystal thing sat on it rump as it started nibbling on the treat it was given. "I had to use Cilce here to wake you up, if i hadn't you would have been out for who knows how long," turning away from the work table, he looked at the unicorn mare Lucky Star. "And there isn't anything else on you, but I would give a warning for some weird dreams you might have in the future...."

thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#36 2012-06-04 09:57:44

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Rare had seen Lucky Star and LewaBolt talk for some time, mostly about this strange almost fairy looking gem.

After they had finished their chat Rare interrupted "If I may interrupt, I believe we should be talking about the dire situation at hand."

Rare told Lewa of this coming force and the story that lucky had just told him; after the explanation of this other world he pointed to the device on lucky Star's leg "I need you to decipher that device and find whatever information you can, this also needs to be done immediately as our homeland is in imminent danger"

Last edited by Acheron187 (2012-06-04 11:42:30)

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#37 2012-06-04 18:06:24

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

LewaBolt's Shop

"And there isn't anything else on you," LewaBolt added, "but I would give a warning for some weird dreams you might have in the future...."

"Like what kind of dreams?..." Lucky asked, "Although anything would be better than seeing my mother and brother killed every night... You have any hard stuff around here like Whiskey?... Hopefully Rampaging Unicorn somehow?"

"If I may interrupt," Rare interrupted, "I believe we should be talking about the dire situation at hand."

Rare told Lewa of this coming force and the story that lucky had just told him; after the explanation of this other world he pointed to the device on lucky Star's leg "I need you to decipher that device and find whatever information you can, this also needs to be done immediately as our homeland is in imminent danger"

Lucky held out her leg with the device "From what I can tell it's called a PipBuck," Lucky explained, "which stands for Pony Information Processor... Ummm... Buck. I found it sneaking through a laboratory with a lot of other weird things."

OOC:
As some of you might have already surmised, It's a Tambelonian made bootleg of a F:oE Style PipBuck, assuming you investigate it - I'll roll for what you find with what you do as factoring in - any background for LewaBolt (besides the inventor thing) I should know for modifiers? Also it can be removed (and put on again) with some tools Lucky also grabbed with it - but that might change what LewaBolt finds and his experience with it - etc.

It will probably in any case give away a villain reveal for someone who was going to show up in a little bit but investigating it is probably a good idea.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#38 2012-06-04 19:51:51

Fire Blossom

Lucky Star started mumbling to herself after he had mentioned that she might experience some weird dream due to the contact she had with Cilce. When he heard something about seeing members of her family killed every night in her dreams, he could only try to compare them to the nightmares he has had on his wondering thoughts of what may have happened to his father.

"If I may interrupt," Rare said suddenly, breaking both LewaBolt's thoughts on his father and whatever Lucky Star had been talking about. "I believe we should be talking about the dire situation at hand." Rare continued speaking as he talked about some sort of invading force, Lucky Star had seemed to forget to mention during her telling of her story. Rare then started to repeat most of what Lucky Star had told him until he hit a spot at where he point to Lucky Star's forelimb, where some that attached to it. "I need you to decipher that device and find whatever information you can, this also needs to be done immediately as our homeland is in imminent danger" Rare said, seemingly at the end of what he wanted to tell LewaBolt.

Holding out her leg with the device, LewaBolt gave it a quick examination. "From what I can tell it's called a PipBuck," Lucky explained, "which stands for Pony Information Processor... Ummm... Buck. I found it sneaking through a laboratory with a lot of other weird things."

"Interesting," LewaBolt said "I've only just recently started work on magic enhanced mechanical devices, and this seems more advance that anything i have come up with...." Now looking a touch sad, all LewaBolt could tell the two was, "I don't know how to make heads or tails on how it works...but a could use an analyse spell to learn some basic functions. I warn you though, i haven't used it for a long time, it could damage it."

Standing between both Rare and Lucky Star, LewaBolt looked at them as he waited for a reply to his only option he could do for them.

#39 2012-06-05 04:01:14

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

LewaBolt's Shop

"Sure," Lucky Star said holding out her left foreleg with the device attached, "be my guest."

OOC: d20 roll 6 (+5 Technical Expertise) = 11

You will discover only some basics of how it works such as it's basic schematics. From what you can tell the device is a midnight blue metal cuff with a screen and is attached on Lucky Star's left foreleg. It can only be removed by a special set of tools and the object possesses a magical aura of its own. It seems to magically interface directly with Lucky Stars while attached sending some information directly into her mind via some advanced telepathic magic. This creates what it called Eyes Forward Sparkle (which Lucky currently does not have on) additionally the EFS has a spell which tries to determine and evaluate the hostility of threats which are then shown in Red. The EFS also shows data such location information, directions, and if another local PipBuck user has their 'PipTag' transponder broadcasting it can be used to track and determine the location of that user wearing the PipBuck. Lucky Stars' transponder is currently set to 'ON' and is broadcasting her current location and identification as 'Lucky Stars'.

It also monitors the users' physical condition and their current inventory.

Additionally, the device has some inbuilt spells such as SATS (Stable-Tec Arcane Targeting Spell) which seemingly can freeze time for the user allowing them to plan and can assist in targeting (it needs to recharge between uses). It also includes a light, a receiver, magic sensor, and a few things that you cannot identify. Additionally, it seems to have the ability to interface with some devices ether remotely or through an extendable cable.

On the midnight blue casing of this device you notice that there is a makers mark but it is very obscured by dirt and grim what you can make out says "...ano Technol...."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#40 2012-06-05 05:33:53

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

OOC: Good lord, I am sorry that this is being posted so late. Didn't get home till 1 AM and needed to work on a drawing some.

“I can go see if I can find her if you want to stay and keep reading," Lilac Iris said as she began towards the doors, looking as if she half expected Free Form to follow. He decided to inspect both books a little further instead.

The Archivist grunted in frustration as he scanned what he could of Equestrian Chronicles. Unfortunately, there wasn't much more on the opposite side of the torn page. In fact, the passage had ended up moving from the castle ruins to the history and myths behind Nightmare Moon at some point during the cut off. There was little success to be had in the Flame family tome as well. The one passage he had read from was about all the valuable information there was. After that paragraph, the book cut straight into some nonsense about the "Crafter of Flame" and his pursuit of mysterious creatures potentially living in the Everfree Forest, such as these "humans".

"Sweet Celestia. No wonder where Arcane got that nonsense from," Free Form thought to himself in exasperation.

After a brief moment, Lilac Iris had come back through the double doors and made her way through the library to the back doors. Somewhere behind he was Glorious Dusk still standing in the doorway connecting the library to the rest of the manor.

“It is getting late, we should probably head back into town. See if LewaBolt and Rare Art have learned anything," Lilac Iris sounded more like she was trying to kindly move them along than suggesting the idea. The gold Earth pony didn't really disagree, seeing as how they had tapped all the information they likely could from this library.

"It was a pleasure meeting you too dear," Dusk replied to Lilac as a bit of an afterthought to the overall conversation between the three ponies. The grey Pegasus had paused for a brief moment before noticing the slightest look of disappointment and yearning on the Archivist's face, "Oh Mr. Free Form, can I get you anything?"

"Oh, no, that will be quite alright, Glorious Dusk. We really do need to head out. Thank you for your help, though," Free Form said as he dismissed himself from the table and trotted towards the back door. He took a glance at Lilac Iris before whispering, "I take it Arcane isn't in?"

Lilac Iris had shook her head with the slightest bit of worry. It wasn't unusual for somepony to be out and about, especially considering the particular event going on, but they were both uneasy as it was. Arcane Flame not being readily available was more worrisome than it should have been.

Both ponies walked in relative silence as they made their way towards LewaBolt's shop. Free Form felt the somber air around them and decided that it was dictating their conversation, or lack there of. After what they had learned, there wasn't much to talk about. The Archivist was already bad with starting small talk, and this situation didn't give help to his cause of alleviating the awkward silence.

Thankfully, LewaBolt's shop wasn't hard to spot. There was a distinct smell of oil and smoke that stung Free Form's nostrils. It wasn't fresh or lingering from any recent bit of construction or maintenance. Perhaps that's what made the smell so putrid to the Archivist, though. As if that wasn't enough of a tell tale sign, there happened to be an assortment of machine parts casually sorted out front as well.

"I suppose this is LewaBolt's place. I wonder if that armored Unicorn is awake or not," Free Form finally broke the silence as he looked hopefully at Lilac Iris before knocking on the door to LewaBolt's house. "Hey! You guys still in there? We're back with some information!"

#41 2012-06-05 16:19:44

Fire Blossom

"Sure," Lucky Star said holding out her left foreleg with the device attached, "be my guest." Seemingly placing her trust is LewaBolt's skills.

LewaBolt stood still, as a blue aura slowly intensified around his horn. The glowing around his horn lasted for a few moments before it became a beam, connecting the PipBuck to him with his magic. LewaBolt's eyes glowed as information of the device surged through his head.

The spell came to an nauseating stop to LewaBolt after he had learned all that he could. "ahg...no wonder i stopped using that spell." LewaBolt said as he staggered around. "Well I think i can work with it to produce any maps it might have for this area now...but we might have a problem if what you say is true if there is a base of operations out there in the EverFree Forest." Trying to steady himself, LewaBolt said lastly, "Your tracking system is currently on that PipBuck, and anyone with another can find you."

Just then a knock on his door could be heard on his front door, followed with a familiar voice. "Hey! You guys still in there? We're back with some information!"

Still unable to keep himself steady, LewaBolt asked if ether Rare or Lucky Star could answer the door for him.
---
The little Creature Cilce had been happy about the treat it was given, it just loved the taste of the sweet things this town had. where She had come from, everything tasted of nothing, it was just to be eaten for nourishment. With all the events that were happening in it's friends house, she became curious of what was happening, but was able to understand the weird language they spoke. So all she could do was stare at all three of them while it slowly ate the Apple tart it was given, one nibble at a time, until she heard i knocking sound from somewhere, and more of this places langauge.

#42 2012-06-05 20:14:29

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Star Point Park, Hoofington
Many Years Ago...

In was a sunny day in Hoofington, and few ponies payed attention to the little turquoise filly happily trotting through the park looking around for her friend. A slightly salty soft sea breeze blew through the air as the filly came to a stop next to a bush and stared out towards the sea as she became lost in her thoughts. What wonders lay beyond the known world, maybe those humans she had seen drawn in a few dusty old tomes were out there somewhere... Maybe...

"Rawr!!! I'm a Dragon!", a young Arcane Flame yelled as he suddenly jumped out from the bushes along a rock walking path startling the turquoise filly. A tiny burst of green flame erupted from the lime green colt's horn producing a little more smoke than flame.

"Well... then I'm a human knight!" The filly answered back rising on her hind legs.

"Lyra, what in the hay is a human knight?"

"Oh, Humans were things which walked on their hind legs and their forelegs had these things called hands which were kinda like dragon claws! Their knights rode around on ponies in shiny clothes fighting dragons an' acting in movies an' making vaccines and stuff! I love them!"

"Lyra, you're strange..."

"No, you're the strange one." Lyra said as she dropped back on all fours and then stuck out her tongue.

"Whatever... How can you be a human knight when you aren't riding a pony, I mean..."

As Arcane was lost in a mini-lecture the turquoise filly circled around Arcane and hopped on his back yelling "Giddy-up!"

"HEY!" Arcane yelled bucking several times while the turquoise filly sat oddly on his back. Lyra's two hind legs hugging his midsection while she herself was upright and her right foreleg digging into Arcane's mane while she waved her left hoof wildly in the air cheering. A few other ponies in the park looked over at the odd sight, shook their heads, and continued on with their day. It was those two again.

Finally after a few minutes Arcane managed to buck Lyra off and she landed on her back giggling.

"Like I said!", Arcane said as he turned to face the giggling filly, "You are sooo strange!"

"Well,", Lyra replied as getting back on her hooves, "if you're a mighty dragon, how come you're not eating gemstones and stuff like that?"

"Oh, I can!", Arcane declared as he spotted a small silvery rock and levitated it into his mouth and swallowed.

"Wait! I didn't...", Lyra started to say but then her eyes widened, "WHOA!!! How'd you make your eyes do that!? They look like cool turquoise dragon eyes! And they glow! Can you teach me that?!"

"I don't... feel... so good..." Arcane just said as his now glowing turquoise dragon eyes rolled up into his head and he turned beginning to vomit.

"Ewwww!", Lyra yelled in shock as she drew back.

Finally the silver rock tumbled out of Arcane's mouth and he collapsed.

"Arcane, are you ok?", Lyra said poking the unresponsive Arcane with her hoof, "Ohmigosh!! Ohmigosh!!! Help!!! Somepony HELP!!!"

A few hours later in Arcane's Bedroom

"Ugg...", Arcane groaned, "what happened?"

"You ate a rock and threw-up." Lyra said a bit concerned looking into Arcane's now normal amber eyes.

"Looks like I was dumber than you for once..." Arcane groaned with a smile, "Hey... OW!"

The turquoise filly began playfully smacking Arcane with her hooves as the colt cringed back.

"DUSK!", Arcane called out to a gray pegasus mare who was walking down the hallway outside of Arcane's room, "Lyra's hitting me!"

Lyra stopped and looked at the gray mare who trotted in and then just said "Well Ms. Heartstrings, make sure you knock some sense into him... Honestly, trying to eat rocks, what were you thinking Arcane?"

Lyra giggled and resumed playfully smacking Arcane around with her hooves as Glorious Dusk left the room shaking her head. Finally, Lyra stopped and went down to her small saddle bags.

"Oh, I got something for you!", Lyra said as she pulled out a small yellowish-silver stone that looked somewhat like a tri-tipped flame, "I found this in the park after the medics took you away and it looks kind of like your family mark so I thought you should have it! ... Just don't try to eat it!"

"Awww, thanks", Arcane said with a giggle, "and I won't!"

Somewhere in Tambelon
Modern Day

Arcane Flame awoke with a start and started fumbling with his clothes and finally fished out the little yellowish-silver stone that he had set into a pendant. It gave him a small amount of comfort knowing that at least through everything that was still there. He quickly hid it underneath his jacket as the door to the chamber opened and a blue earth pony with a yellow mane walked in.

"Where am I!?", Arcane shouted, "What happened!? I need to go...."

The Earth Pony's eyes became red spirals swirling around his golden irises. The blue earth pony just stared deeply into Arcane's eyes as Arcane suddenly felt at ease and utterly calm.

"You're not going anywhere..." the earth pony flatly.

"I'm not going anywhere...." Arcane repeated as his own eyes began glowing green.

"You are now in my utter control and will only obey me."

"I am in your utter control and will only obey you, my master."

"Good," the earth pony said with a smile, "I'm glad we could come to an understanding without the whole me having to kill you business! Now, I'm a bit parched after breaking your tiny little mind into even tinier little pieces, would you be a dear and fetch me some cider from the fridge there?"

"Yes, my master!", Arcane said as he jumped up and trotted over to the fridge.

"Excellent!" The earth pony declared with a laugh, "I do so enjoy hearing those words!"

LewaBolt's Shop

"Well I think I can work with it to produce any maps it might have for this area now...but we might have a problem if what you say is true if there is a base of operations out there in the EverFree Forest." Trying to steady himself, LewaBolt said lastly, "Your tracking system is currently on that PipBuck, and anyone with another can find you."

"That's a bit bad, let me see if I can fix that!" Lucky said as her horn lit up in a golden glow and she started fiddling with her PipBuck (OOC: Roll d20 = 12 just barely) and after a few minutes of cursing and banging the device with her other hoof as it bleeped, blooped, opened & closed winders, flashed, and played music. Finally, Lucky let loose a sigh.

"There the tag thingy is off!", Lucky said with a smile. She then went back to fiddling with the PipBuck. After that failed she went back to banging on the device with her right hoof.

"Ah ha! Here found the mappy thing again!", Lucky declared proudly as she held out her left leg with the device on it a map was glowing on the screen as there was a knock at the door:

ADV-BD-LaB.png

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#43 2012-06-05 23:34:22

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Lilac Iris left the Manor and walked back into town side by side with Free Form. She tried to think of a topic to discuss, but the recent revelations weigh heavily on her mind, and she could tell The Golden Stallion was feeling them too. A dark  dimension that could be hundreds or thousands or years old and strategically torn pages, How could she not think about that.

Before she relized it a new scent filled her nose, the scent of oil and smoke. Lilac found her and her friend standing in front of a Trotten shop. “This must be LewaBolt's house.” she thought to herself, how had she not noticed it before, but she saw the innn wasn't in sight, she probably hadn't been to this part of town yet.

"I suppose this is LewaBolt's place. I wonder if that armored Unicorn is awake or not," Free Form  broke the silence as he looked hopefully at Lilac Iris before knocking on the door to LewaBolt's house. "Hey! You guys still in there? We're back with some information!" 

Al Lilac Iris could do to return his look of optimism was to bit her lower lip and rub her forehoof against the other, with a look of concern on her face. She prayed to Luna that the Mystery Mare was alright, she could still see herself covered in her blood and those glowing pink eyes.

Normal is boring.

#44 2012-06-06 00:13:36

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

LewaBolt Brought his horn close to the device, and connected himself to it using his magic. Just then his eyes started glowing; Rare wasn't sure what was going on but he was hoping that this might get the important info from the device without ruining it. At some point he stopped "ahg...no wonder i stopped using that spell." LewaBolt staggered around alittle before regaining his composure "Well I think i can work with it to produce any maps it might have for this area now...but we might have a problem if what you say is true if there is a base of operations out there in the EverFree Forest. Your tracking system is currently on that PipBuck, and anyone with another can find you."

Lucky responded "That's a bit bad, let me see if I can fix that!" She started to fiddle with the PipBuck, she banged it on her other hoof in frustration. "There the tag thingy is off!" she started messing with it again and finally got the map function to work again "Ah ha! Here found the mappy thing again!"

Then there was a knock on the door "Hey! You guys still in there? We're back with some information!" Lewa almost looked hesitant to open so Rare walked up to the door and opened it to find Liliac and FreeForm

Rare saw them and felt relief that they were alright and had info "I good you got here when you did, we have found some troubling news" Rare told them the same story that Lucky had told him about her world and its fate "This opposing force is coming to our world looking to strengthen its army, there is a base somewhere in the forest. We can stop this force before it even arrives if we get there before their plan goes any further. We even have a map there, so what did you 2 find out?"

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#45 2012-06-06 21:20:26

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"I good you got here when you did, we have found some troubling news. " He said, and without further ado he bagan telling her and Free Form about what they learned from the Unicorn, whose name was Lucky Star, about the fall of her world.

"This opposing force is coming to our world looking to strengthen its army, there is a base somewhere in the forest.” He said with a steely resolve, “We can stop this force before it even arrives if we get there before their plan goes any further. We even have a map there, so what did you 2 find out?"

Lilac's eyes were wide and her jaw hung open. “We uh....Oh my.....Cupcakes......” She began to shake uncontrollably. “....They...Everfree....”  With that Lilac's eyes rolled back in her head and she collapsed at the threshold of the house.

OOC: If you guys are getting annoyed by Lilac being constantly down and in-adept, please tell me and I can strengthen her a little.

Normal is boring.

#46 2012-06-08 03:06:04

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

OOC: Ugh, nothing is worse than retconning your own RP. I wish my power hadn't gone out. sad

Free Form stood aside as he let Lilac Iris cautiously tiptoe through the portal into LewaBolt's house. The Archivist followed suit before noticing that the grey Unicorn was alive and alert.

"It's good you got here when you did, we have found some troubling news," Rare Arts said as he turned towards the armored mare for a passing moment. She nodded slightly and he turned back to tell both Earth ponies of the grey Unicorn's tale.

"Lucky Stars... Tambelon... Selena... Solaria... Grogar..." There was so much to take in. This was nothing like what he had found in the library.

"This opposing force is coming to our world looking to strengthen its army, there is a base somewhere in the forest.” Rare Arts said with a resolve not unknown to the Archivist, “We can stop this force before it even arrives if we get there before their plan goes any further. We even have a map there, so what did you 2 find out?"

Before Free Form had a chance to respond, he heard Lilac Iris mumble something next to him before fainting and hitting the floor with a heavy thud. His heart sank as he looked towards her with a worried look on his face. The Archivist sat calmly and gently rubbed Lilac Iris's back. It felt strange comforting and attempting to ease Lilac Iris awake, but it was the only thing he could think to do. His mother had done something similar when he was just a colt and sick or scared. It always calmed him down. Of course, it wouldn't do the purple mare much good, but the motion felt instinctual at this point, as if it was a natural reaction to Lilac fainting. "Lilac, are you okay? We need you to be strong for us."

Free Form turned his attention from Lilac Iris back towards Rare Arts, who was now in his pony form, and Lucky Stars and spoke while continuing to rub the purple Earth pony's back, "We didn't find out much compared to a more direct source," the Archivist nodded towards Lucky Stars before continuing, "but we did learn that Arcane Flame might be heavily involved with this. There was something in the Trotton Manor library that revealed that his family is most likely connected to a being known as the 'Crafter of the Flame'. I can only assume that it's his direct ancestor. It also pointed to his point of entry into this world being within the Everfree Forest."

"Dead zones? An army of mindless, vengeful ponies?" Free Form couldn't help but wonder curiously about this development. Such a thing was completely unheard of in Equestria, but then again, they were clearly dealing with something not from Equestria. He looked at the collar again, amazed that such a thing existed.

The golden Earth pony finally pulled his hoof from Lilac Iris's back and stood up before walking over to Lucky Stars to study the collar. He didn't even think to touch it this time, seeing as how the previous incident wasn't something he wanted to relive again. Though, that didn't keep him from moving in closer to Lucky Stars to get a better look at it. It was only until she grunted her uncomfortable disapproval in his ear did he back off and look her in the eyes, her furiously glowing pink eyes. The look on the grey Unicorn's face was that of an awkward displeasure and annoyance, which combined with her unnatural eyes sent a shiver down the Archivist's spine.

"Sorry..." Free Form turned his eyes from hers before noticing the glowing screen of the PipBuck on her foreleg. The map showed a significant portion of the Everfree Forest and, more importantly, a building within the forest he had never even heard of. "What is this 'New Kasterborous Laboratory'? It's awfully close to the edge of the forest, and I wonder if it's near the old castle ruins..."

#47 2012-06-09 07:52:01

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Lilac hearing all of this had fainted, Free Form had seen this and attempted to wake her. she awoke dazed "Lilac, are you okay? We need you to be strong for us." Free Form said in a reassuring tone

Free Form faced Rare and Lucky Stars "We didn't find out much compared to a more direct source," the Archivist nodded towards Lucky Stars before continuing "but we did learn that Arcane Flame might be heavily involved with this. There was something in the Trotton Manor library that revealed that his family is most likely connected to a being known as the 'Crafter of the Flame'. I can only assume that it's his direct ancestor. It also pointed to his point of entry into this world being within the Everfree Forest."

After which Free Form felt curiosity for the collar around Lucky's neck, she signaled that it was quite uncomfortable so Free Form backed off "sorry" he then looked down at the device and observed the map before him "What is this 'New Kasterborous Laboratory'? It's awfully close to the edge of the forest, and I wonder if it's near the old castle ruins..."

Rare had seen this enough in his many days of training recruits, all planning and no action. "We know a rough place of where it is, so its best we leave now before there plans get any farther then they already have" He said this in a very commanding tone. "so then its best we leave right now! I will understand for those of you who don't go with me and Lucky."

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#48 2012-06-09 09:02:38

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Darkness.
Out of the darkness comes a brilliant blue-white light. A beautiful blue pony with turquoise dragon-like eyes and a magnificent blue horn appears wearing a cloak forms from the center of the brilliant an mesmerizing light. A luscious blueish-white mane could be seen flowing out from under the cloak's hood.

"The glorious time is beginning!", the pony declared in a soothing voice, "Soon Tambelon shall fall and its darkness swept away by the light! Then the heart shall rise from the soil of Equestria and all of reality will be united in a glorious joyful song!"

The charming blue pony with brilliant blue light irradiating from him then smiled happily.

As Lilac Iris watched this she couldn't help but feel calmer, stronger. She had no idea where the Blue Unicorn had come from, but she took heart in his words. She was still scared, but she  felt that even the horrors she had heard of could be defeated.

The Splendid Unicorn began to fade back into darkness. The Purple Mare reached out her hoof, not wanting him to leave her. As Darkness took over once again she could her other ponies talking and once again smell the scent of oil and old smoke.

"We know a rough place of where it is, so its best we leave now before their plans get any farther then they already have" Someone said  in a very commanding tone, she realized was Rare Art as the world came back into full focus. "so then its best we leave right now! I will understand for those of you who don't go with me and Lucky."

She remembered she was at LewaBolt's house, and it sounded like Rare was about to do something rash. Lilac opened her eyes and rose to her hooves, wobbling slightly, and turned to face Rare Art taking a few steps towards them.

“A rushed venture is the first to fail.” she said, trying to put some strength in her voice while as the same time not falling down. “You've seen what these things can do,” She motioned to Lucky Star, “and you WANT to Charging in!?! Who are you trying to impress!?!” Adrenaline had starting coursing through Lilac's system, allowing her to steady her stance.

She brought her voice back down to normal speaking levels, “You need a plan, rest, and at the very least...supplies. I know you're a soldier and I'm not, but even I know an army marches on it's stomach, when was the last time you've eaten Mr.Rare?”

Lilac looked down as the ground and closed her eyes, afraid of the words she was about to speak.“Tambelon needs to be stopped as soon as possible, but you don't need to get yourself killed by bravado, and I will do whatever I can to prevent that, even if it means going with you.”

Normal is boring.

#49 2012-06-09 13:46:15

Fire Blossom

LewaBolt had been so incoherent duringLewaBolt had been so incoherent during the time Free Form and Lilac had entered his establishment, as the information from the analysis spell was still whizzing about in his mind. LewaBolt had forgotten the drawback of using the spell, it would cause the caster to not think of anything else much except the information on the object they just used the spell on until it wore off. All he could do as he tried to listen to all that was being said was quietly repeat the information. He heard something about rest and food, and that caused him to unconsciously point at the box of muffins and tarts, and he muttered “food is in there.…”

One piece of information that had been buzzing in his head kept catching his attention, but he couldn’t grasp it, as it seemed like magical traces of his father…but he wasn’t sure what to make out since he couldn't grasp this only thing in his mind.

A sudden grim expression came over his face, as he struggled to bring the words out to ask. “Lucky Star…Is it possible…that they could have… taken ponies…long before you think you came here?”

--
Cilce had abandoned the tart when the pretty purple pony had entered Lewa’s small house, she wanted a closer look at this marvelous looking pony.

Cilce had been able to land on the top of the unexpecting Lilac when she was lecturing the others, or thats what it seemed to Cilce since she couldn’t understand a word they were saying. With a cheerful small squeak, the small pixie crystal like pony Cilce bent over Lilac’s head and looked in between her eyes.

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2012-06-09 13:47:49)

#50 2012-06-09 13:47:21

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

LewaBolt's Shop

"Rare is right we need..." Lucky Stars said as she rose from the couch but immediately her entire vision was filled with all sorts of flashing health warnings from her Eyes Forward Sparkle that she had reactivated while hitting her pipbuck and she carefully and wobbly laid herself down upon the couch down again. "Perhaps, we're being a bit too hasty like Lilac is saying... I at least need time to heal and the rest of you should probably get some supplies - weapons, armor, anything at all useful and then we should head off in the morning. Also who is this 'Arcane Flame'? Also is anyone going to get this mare some whiskey or something hard for her parched throat and to soothe her pain?"

A sudden grim expression came over Luwabolt's face, as he struggled to bring the words out to ask. "Lucky Star…Is it possible…that they could have… taken ponies…long before you think you came here?"

Lucky thought about that for a moment, "I suppose, also there was this one lime green unicorn I saw when I got here who foolishly winked out and would have been sucked into Tambelon. He would have winked into the laboratory I left and to his certain death. If he was a friend of yours I am sorry, but he will be dead now. There were some really horrible ponies following me and they don't have much of reputation of leaving survivors and if he tried to use magic against them... Also I saw something about the capture of some brown stallion along with a gray pegasus on some papers in the laboratory."

OOC: Edit: Added a response to Lewa as it popped up while I was typing this.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB