Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#51 2012-06-10 20:29:32

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

Re: [Trot] [ADV] The Sound of the Bell and the Drums

Free Form had sat down since he trailed off at the thought of the Laboratory in the Everfree Forest. Admittedly, the Archivist didn't know whole lot about the Everfree Forest other than speculation and rumor. There were some general bestiaries and other such information for the wayward danger seeker, but no actual maps or other useful bits of information. Really, the Everfree Forest was mostly islands of known land among a sea of unknown, and highly dangerous wilderness. To think, the weather doesn't even need to be controlled out there!

By the time Free Form had went through his reverie of self-thought, he realized that there was a push to get moving and stop the ones responsible for ushering forth this zombie horde into Equestria. The thought made him rather uneasy as it crossed his mind again. "They'd be coming into Equestria only a stone's throw away from us."

"...and then we should head off in the morning. Also who is this 'Arcane Flame'? Also is anyone going to get this mare some whiskey or something hard for her parched throat and to soothe her pain?" Lucky Stars pressed the group as she looked hopefully towards any of them for the afore mentioned alcohol.

"Lucky Star…Is it possible…that they could have… taken ponies…long before you think you came here?" LewaBolt said as he started coming out of the stupor he had been in. The look on his face was a mixture of grim uncertainty and wooziness.

"I suppose, also there was this one lime green unicorn I saw when I got here who foolishly winked out and would have been sucked into Tambelon. He would have winked into the laboratory I left and to his certain death..." Lucky Stars began to explain, but Free Form was already lost in himself again.

"Lime green Unicorn? That had to be Arcane Flame!" Free Form felt his heart drop into his stomach. This was bad. If Arcane Flame really had "winked out", then he was in grave danger, if not already dead. No, no, no. The Archivist shook the thought from his mind, visibly shaking his head as if a swarm of flies were pestering him.

"That's Arcane Flame! We have to find him! If he really does have anything to do with Tambelon, he might still live!" The golden Earth pony pleaded suddenly just as Lucky Stars had finished her revelation of a warrant for capture. Free Form was standing now, a flash of worry overcoming his face. This news about the Baron instantly put his vow into question. This just couldn't happen.

The Archivist felt himself breathing heavily and made it a point to calm down before saying anything else. This was a desperate time, but there was no need to make rash decisions. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and reevaluated his opinion, "We do need to pace ourselves, but with as much haste as we can manage. Lucky Stars, I imagine you could give us some quick intel on this lab so we can prepare what we need, correct?"

#52 2012-06-11 04:06:19

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Lucky stared down at the ground as she heard the golden earth pony shout "That's Arcane Flame! We have to find him! If he really does have anything to do with Tambelon, he might still live!"

"I'm really sorry", she said, "but I seriously doubt that, I was being followed by a blood thirsty pegasus with the ability to absorb and redirect magic who called himself 'Death Chaser' and his team. I took out a number of his group but he was still uninjured and he isn't known for being kind. There have even been rumors of him ignoring orders from his Tabelonian superiors and slaughtering targets they wanted left a live. Your friend is most likely dead, there is nothing that's going to change that and it's all my fault. I'm really sorry."

A few tears rolled down Lucky Stars' cheeks, that pony had looked a lot like her brother, it was almost as if she had gotten Agile Feather killed again. Is that possible, can one die twice?

Lucky looked up as Free Form went on "We do need to pace ourselves, but with as much haste as we can manage. Lucky Stars, I imagine you could give us some quick intel on this lab so we can prepare what we need, correct?"

"I'm sorry", Lucky said, "I don't know much about the laboratory other than the name and that it seems to be heavily secret and relatively unguarded. I only saw vague references to it and it seemed like a pony named 'Meany Sport' was actively trying to keep its exact nature in the dark even from the rest of Tambelon. He had a number of equipment, some artifacts, and a couple of prisoners sent there however. Other than that, I'm as much in the dark as you are."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#53 2012-06-11 18:39:48

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Lilac finished speaking, keeping her eyes closed for a few moments, letting Lukcy Star and her friends begin talking to each other, getting more information and starting to form a sort of plan.

Had she really just said she would follow Rare Art? While she wanted to keep harm from coming to him, was she really willing to follow him into the Everfree Forest to face these creatures from another dimension that had nearly killed Lucky Star?

Before she could answer herself the purple pony's train of thought was interrupted by a tickle on the top of her head and a small squeak. She lifted her head and opened her eyes to see a bluish shape in her vision. Crossing her eyes to better focus she found it was a tiny pony looking at her with a smile on its face.

Lilac gave a small gasp and opened her eyes wider. She would have reacted worse but it was SO ADORABLE!  She gently sat down on her haunches and held out a fore-hoof, watching the miniature pony flutter down on dragonfly like wings.

Given a chance to close examine it she found it seemed to be made of crystal, and the shifted of her wings and body caused tiny rainbows to be created. Lilac wasn't pay too much attention to her friends as she was mesmerized by the little blue pony.

“ *squee* You have to one of the cutest things I have ever seen, Where did you come from?” Lilac said in a high pitched voice.

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#54 2012-06-12 04:34:26

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Rare saw that even Lucky had been changed to the plan proposed by Lilac, he couldn't exactly go at it alone so the most he could do was wait for everyone else to be ready. The last time he had waited to start a plan, it ended with Canterlot being overrun with a changeling hoard. Rare didn't like it regardless, he wasn't even sure if he wanted every pony else going. He was especially worried of Lilac, only seeing her innocent side other than the time she woke him up through a violent kick. He had been thinking this through in his head and even noticed that most of his companions had gone off into there own little worlds.

"Very well, we shall wait. We still need to get there as soon as possible, I don't want to happen what happened at Canterlot during the wedding. I still don't think anypony should have to go but me and lucky. we need soldiers! not a inventor or a florist"

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#55 2012-06-12 16:40:10

Fire Blossom

LewaBolt was still unable to think quite straight, but what he heard from Lucky Star about the lime green pony, he tried harder to grasp the small trace of magic that he had found on the PipBuck.

Even though he was concentrating else were, he had heard his new friends plans on resting before they storm the EverFree forest. he had agreed in his mind, while still mentally trying to grasp the magic trace, that it's best to pace things then rushing. Rushing will only make thing bad happen.

One comment from Rare had pierced though LewaBolts ears, 'I still don't think anypony should have to go but me and lucky. we need soldiers! not a inventor or a florist" LewaBolt walked over to Rare, the buzzing information retreating to a deeper part of his mind while it had snapped as a calm rage took over. "Look here Rare...i'm not going to stand idle as MORE ponies disappear. I don't want the same experience that happen to me happen to anypony else." looking Rare calmly in the eye, " Ho ho, if it's because you think i'm defenseless, i have some rather dangerous trinkets myself." finishing his speech, as he point to a metal safe in the far side of where his materials were, it was wrapped in chains and locks as well.

"Excuse me while i go prepare my Tesla Cannon...."

---
After flying to the Pretty pony's front hoove that had extend out, it had asked Cilce something. still unable to understand speech of anyone in this room, it hadn't bothered her, but she wanted to try to communicate with this Purple pony. she tilted her head as her eyes glowed a small shimmering blue, as it looked into the ponies thoughts. Cilce heard the echoing though of what the pony had previously siad, and replied in the only manner it was capable of. It showed a image in the pony's mind of a falling star hitting the earth, with a sparkle of blue at it's center.

NOTE:Cilce is only able to communicate through sending images with her mind and reading thoughts. it's just a slight psychic power.

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#56 2012-06-13 08:00:46

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

As Lilac Iris looked at the adorable crystal pony on her fore-hoof waiting for a response, she began to question whether it could speak at all. Before she could ask it she saw the little pony's eyes begin to glow blue, and Lilac felt and incredibly strange sensation in her head, almost as if she was not the only pony in there.

Her wondering was quickly confirmed as she felt thoughts and memories being added to her mind, images of a shooting star hitting the earth and a sparkle of blue in the center of the crater.

“Oh my.... So you're from space?” Lilac said in an awed voice, the shimmering little pony bobbing her head in response.

“ I still don't think anypony should have to go but me and lucky. we need soldiers! not a inventor or a florist"  Rare Arts words made Lilac once again aware of what her friends were discussing, and she saw LewaBolt talking to Rare Art, almost certainly defending his position.

“I really need to go over there quick, we can keep talking after,” She said to the tiny blue pony, then she lifted her hoof and allowed it to once again rest on her head. And she stood up she said to it, “and maybe after I talk to my friends you can tel me your name?”

LewaBolt had just begun trotting over to a very foreboding looking safe when Lilac made it over to face Rare Art,

“ For your information Mr Rare, I have three very good reason why I should accompany you. One:No one else here has a working knowledge of the plants of the Everfree forest, and trust me, it is not the kind of plant you just want to go strolling through a patch of flowers without knowing what they are.” She looked over at Lucky Star, remembering what she had looked like only hours before. “Two: Someone has to try and keep you from doing something stupid and needs to be there to patch you up if you do. I just met you Mr. Rare Art, and I don't want to lose a friends this soon.” She could feel herself starting to get weepy again, but then gave a small chuckle.

“And three: who else here has a saddlebags of bits that we could use to buy what we need for this expedition? Oh yeah, and you don't get those bits if you leave without me.” she spoke, feeling a small rock get dropped in her stomach. The purple pony turned on legs that were wobbling ever so slightly to address everypony there.

“Does anypony know where we could get things like armor and medical supplies, maybe the town guard, Trotton Manor, or a Clinic, and maybe a place where I could get something to drink, this has been a long day."

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-06-13 08:02:06)

Normal is boring.

#57 2012-06-13 13:11:45

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

"Very well, we shall wait. We still need to get there as soon as possible, I don't want to happen what happened at Canterlot during the wedding. I still don't think anypony should have to go but me and lucky. We need soldiers! Not a inventor or a florist!" Rare Arts let his voice travel from reluctant agreement to something more akin to a protective shout of disapproval. It was apparent that he didn't want anypony getting hurt.

Free Form wasn't sure what to make of his disclusion, though. It was apparent that he didn't want either Lilac or Lewa to be hurt, and rightfully so. Neither of them looked like they were ready for any form of fight. Perhaps Rare Art was aware of what he had done in Canterlot during the Royal Wedding. It wasn't exactly a hushed piece of gossip, at least not to the guard and other ponies that happened to be there at the time, it just happened to be overshadowed by the real wedding taking place. The Archivist sighed, realizing one other thing. He had this terrible ability to completely vanish in a room of even just two. It's not too hard when you wander off into your own mind for ridiculous amounts of time. Though, before he could speak up, LewaBolt pushed forward, somewhat offended.

"Ho ho, if it's because you think i'm defenseless, I have some rather dangerous trinkets myself." He pointed to another side of the room before confidently striding over to whatever he pointed at, "Excuse me while i go prepare my Tesla Cannon...."

"I-" Free Form was cut off again before he could even utter one tiny bit of thought. This time it was Lilac, the only one he really agreed probably didn't belong in this scenario.

The Archivist was forced back onto his haunches by the bravado displayed by Lilac. It was a bit shaky, as to be expected, but it was sincere. Lilac Iris had found her resolve and was set to follow through. If anypony had been looking in on this rag-tag group of ponies, they probably wouldn't have seen anything even similar to what Free Form saw right now. They definitely weren't a strong fighting force, or some brave party hastily thrown together because they had a common goal, or even a cruel twist of fate set to out to fail horribly for somepony's pleasure. The group he was in was uncertain, but determined; scared, but courageous; hesitant, but ready to act. They were a mishmash of personalities that paled in comparison to some of the epic fantasy novels he had read over the years. But that's exactly why they would succeed. They were true underdogs.

“Does anypony know where we could get things like armor and medical supplies, maybe the town guard, Trotton Manor, or a Clinic, and maybe a place where I could get something to drink, this has been a long day," Lilac finally turned towards the rest of them to ask after giving Rare Arts a piece of her mind.

"And this, Rare, is why it would be wise to have all of us," Free Form began to answer as he looked directly at the armor clad stallion. "We all have knowledge and heart. We may not succeed completely unscathed, but we all have the ability to do this together. We have a lot to lose and no desire to lose what it is we have to give up."

Free Form redirected his attention from Rare Arts back to Lilac Iris in order to answer her, "I may not live in Trotton, but I know this place like the back of my hoof. I've studied this town extensively, believe me. I do not wish to cast any doubt on where Rare Arts may find us some armor and the town guard for that matter, but I know exactly where we need to go. We're a stone's throw from everything we need here in Trotton, Lilac, and I know I can get us everything we need to make sure we're prepared. Even your drink."

The golden Earth pony finally stood up as he finished answering Lilac Iris and backed towards the door. Her little fit of confidence had inspired him. They may have been less than the desired group for such a quest, but the Archivist wasn't about to let doubt have its rule over him. They were going to fully prepare and take on this challenge headlong. As Free Form reached for the door he looked back he looked back towards the group and then to Rare Arts, "We just need a little faith in what we can do together, is all. Now, let's go before we start second guessing ourselves."

Free Form pushed the door open and eased himself into the now fading sunlight before sitting to one side of the doorway. They'd follow. They had to. Otherwise, Free Form was going alone.

#58 2012-06-13 18:33:33

Fire Blossom

LewaBolt had no idea why he had respond to Rare's thoughts so harshly, but the only explanation could have been that he fear that the people from that evil lab  had been the ones that caused his father disappearance. He was still tempted to used his Tesla cannon for their adventure into the EverFree forest, but he just thought that it might be a bit to much for the situation. the last time he activated it, it had blasted a hole in his ceiling.

LewaBolt was still fumbling with the chains he had wrapped around the safe, since when he placed the device in here he wanted it out of harms way, he heard and paid attention to Lilac's speech to Rare. she was right about her knowledge on plants, did she? he only knew Lilac for about a couple hours, and all he knew truly about her was that she was that she was in charge of a flower shop.

Free Form seemed to had joined in after Lilac had finished talking to Rare, "I guess everypony wants to let Rare know that they are not going to back out." Free Form had waled out his house after his speech of confidence, LewaBolt yelled out to him "I think I will stay here until Lucky Star is rested, WE are going to need her more then anything to get whatever is needed done." now fiddling with the small device he had finally taken out of the safe, checking if it needed a tune up.

thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#59 2012-06-15 22:43:42

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"And this, Rare, is why it would be wise to have all of us," Free Form began to answer as he looked directly at the armor clad stallion. "We all have knowledge and heart. We may not succeed completely unscathed, but we all have the ability to do this together. We have a lot to lose and no desire to lose what it is we have to give up."

Lilac smiled as she heard Free Form speak, though she wasn't a fan on that “not succeed completely unscathed” part. The golden pony turned to speak to her.

"I may not live in Trotton, but I know this place like the back of my hoof. I've studied this town extensively, believe me. I do not wish to cast any doubt on where Rare Arts may find us some armor and the town guard for that matter, but I know exactly where we need to go. We're a stone's throw from everything we need here in Trotton, Lilac, and I know I can get us everything we need to make sure we're prepared. Even your drink."

Lilac was glad at that part, she didn't want to have to worry about wandering though town, and was probably going to try the festival grounds. Free Form turned and began heading out the door, his back straight and confidence in his stride.

"We just need a little faith in what we can do together, is all. Now, let's go before we start second guessing ourselves."  He said as he trotted out the door. Lilac began trotting after him when he felt another tickle on her head and saw the little crystal pony flutter off and onto  a nearby box.

“Oh, don't you want to go outside with me and Mr. Free Form?” The little crystal pony shook her head and pointed towards LewaBolt tinkering in the corner.

“You want to stay and help Mr. Lewabolt?” The crystal pony dance lightly and nodded her head.

“Alright, I will see you later my little friend,” and with that The purple Mare walked out the door and after The Golden Stallion. Catching up to him she turned to him.

“Glad you know this town, I haven't had much time to explore yet, before we go though, may we head back to my room, I have all my bits there from selling my flowers, they might come in handy for acquisitioning supplies, and on the way maybe you could tell me where the Clinic was, and who is this Arcane Flame you mentioned earlier, is he a friend of yours?”

Normal is boring.

#60 2012-06-16 01:34:33

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Rare saw that all of his companions were determined to take on this opposing force together, they all seemed to show resolve and looked as if they were ready to take on the creatures behind the gates of Tarterus itself. They showed what Rare had wished to see out of his recruits, they argued with him and showed that they would not simply lye down and die while this force approached. They showed elements that would make an entire army tremble. Lilac who despite her fears showed bravery, she showed that she was going to face this storm and not run back. Free Form despite his knowledge based existence showed that he was prepared to lead this force into the darkness of oblivion. Lewa who had shown that while he may be flaky, he opposed Rare in his accusation and also showed his ingenuity. Lucky showed that even thought she came to them broken, she was prepared to die for a nation that was not hers and was looking to avenge her friends and family in her native land. Rare saw that these individuals were not only prepared to fight an one common enemy but an entire nation to protect those they held dear; Rare thought of a phrase he had heard from his grandfather right before he died.

Rare saw it in his mind as if he were there, with his great great grandfather Noble Heart on the bed and Rare at his side. "I knew I wouldn't be there for you, I'm lucky that I even lived this long. Rare I want you to know that no matter what anypony may tell you, you will accomplish great things in your life. This family may have started in the darkness, but we were made into a pure beings. Here, I want you to have this." Rare was handed a locket that his great great grandfather was given, inside was a picture of a mare that at his grandfather had met when he was on the road to Canterlot. When they first ran into one another she had acted in fear, but had inched closer and closer to him as she became more and more curious of him. Noble inevitably got a chance to explain himself. She understood his story and had seen that he was in need of help, and assisted him. At the next morning she had given him a locket with her picture in it as a reminder, of what she had done for him. Hearing where he was going she told him that no matter who you are you will always be great. "I see her face everyday, she was the first pony to ever make me smile. Just know I love you, and that no matter what you do or who you become you will be great. And if you're indeed gonna for a career in the guard just know something. Those who fight for power are bound to fail, but those who fight for the innocent and who are willing to die for good are the ones who will win the day."

Rare so intently thinking had kind of faded from the conversation, but then spoke.

"I have never been talked to like that! not even by the my most stubborn recruit! It shows me that you are indeed ready for this fight, Free Form tell me what you need from me and I will try to get it for you."

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#61 2012-06-16 22:25:00

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

"I have never been talked to like that! not even by the my most stubborn recruit! It shows me that you are indeed ready for this fight, Free Form tell me what you need from me and I will try to get it for you." Rare Arts claimed with a certain valor in his voice as he turned into the doorway. His face radiated the same eagerness in his voice. They were well on their way to meeting this challenge head on.

Free Form grinned wildly at Rare Arts as he appeared in the doorway. The Archivist may have been the cause for the Changeling guard's newfound stance, but it was an infectious kind of valor that managed to boost his own. It almost felt like they were invincible, but Free Form knew better than to believe that.

"I hate to continuously use the 'split up' strategy, but we'll get more done faster if we do. Besides, you would have more pull with the town guard than some random archivist from Canterlot," Free Form winked knowingly at Rare Arts before continuing. "So, that's where I'd like you to head for now. We don't need the fanciest armor around, but make sure it's light, durable, and, well, do your best to make sure it fits. I'm sure we're somewhat pressed for time, so there's no need to be picky."

Lilac Iris suddenly brushed past Rare Arts, as if she had intended on following him out the whole time, but was held up by something else, “Glad you know this town, I haven't had much time to explore yet, before we go though, may we head back to my room, I have all my bits there from selling my flowers, they might come in handy for acquisitioning supplies, and on the way maybe you could tell me where the Clinic was, and who is this Arcane Flame you mentioned earlier, is he a friend of yours?”

"Sure, Lilac. I imagine you know that the town guard's post is right next to town hall, right Rare? So you probably don't need much help from me," Free Form glanced from Lilac Iris to Rare Arts to affirm confirmation before continuing. "That just leaves me to help Lilac get other supplies, and there's nothing else I particularly need, so I'll show her where everything is instead of telling her and hoping for the best."

The golden Earth pony stood and leaned into the doorway past Rare Arts. Lucky Stars remained prone on the couch as she recovered while LewaBolt began to tinker with the "Tesla Cannon" he had recently freed from the safe. Free Form noted to himself that he'd have to ask the inventor about that weapon at a later time. It was definitely a piece of technology that was scarcely mentioned in the Archives. The Archivist called to both, "We'll gather the supplies we'll be needing as quickly as we can before we stop back here."

"Alright, let's get moving," Free Form said as he backed out from the doorway. "We'll meet back here in a half hour, gear up, and head into the forest. Sound good?"

#62 2012-06-19 00:35:15

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"That just leaves me to help Lilac get other supplies, and there's nothing else I particularly need, so I'll show her where everything is instead of telling her and hoping for the best."

Lilac scoffed slightly when she heard this, she may not have known this town well, but that didn't mean  she was unable to follow directions. Luckily Free Form hadn't heard her as the Golden Stallion watch LewaBolt tinker with whatever it was he had gotten out of that safe.

"Alright, let's get moving," Free Form said as he backed out from the doorway. "We'll meet back here in a half hour, gear up, and head into the forest. Sound good?"  Free Form spoke with authority in his voice. 

“A Half Hour!?!” Lilac thought to herself, that wasn't much time at all, Turning to The Golden Earth Pony she said, “Well we best get moving then, shall we Mr. Free Form?” With that the Purple Mare began trotting the short distance from LewaBolt's house back to the Inn.

As the two trotted back she looked around she saw a circular build painted in white. It had the Red Cross, the universal symbol of medicine in Equestria, glowing above the door and directly below it was a sign that read:

Mortar and Pestle’s Clinic and Pharmacy

She pointed it out to Free Form as they past, “Once I get the bits from my room we should head there first.”

Once they reached the Sleeping Hydra they walked up to Lilac's room, stepping around wet spot on the ground where Lucky Star had fallen and the innkeepers had cleaned up the blood. The second she opened her door the smell of flowers once again overtook her, almost taking her out of the current moment and transporting her back to her gardens. The Purple Mare knew that she had to stay focused to help her friends.

She walked past the table where Rare's letter lay, and stepped over the fallen potpourri where she had moved LewaBolt when he had passed out. She hesitated briefly before she moved closer to the bed. How had so many things happened in such a short period of time?

She took a deep breath and walked to the end of the bed where she had stacked her luggage and grabbed the heavy canvas bag that held her bits from the fair, it may have been a dark purple with a cluster of light purple lilacs on them, but she had paid to have it enchanted so it was nearly impossible to rip or tear. Lilac also grabbed another saddlebag, it matched the first one, but instead of a jingle this one gave a slight click of glass, for it contained the 2 bottles of white wine she had brought with her.

She turned back around to look at Free Form, while part of her wanted to simply lay on the bed and try to sleep, but knew she couldn't.

“Well I have everything I need, you need to grab anything from your room, or shall we had to the Clinic we passed?”

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-06-19 23:57:24)

Normal is boring.

#63 2012-06-19 18:11:10

Fire Blossom

LewaBolt hadn't paid much attention when Free Form and Lilac left his house, Though he had heard that they would be back within half and hour.

"Ah curses, that darn safe wasn't air tight...I can see dust covering the Tesla cannon." LewaBolt muttered to himself. "I just hope none of the circuits haven't been damaged...."

the only way to insure that it was working in proper order was to test the small device. He didn't want to spook Lucky Star, which was now resting on his couch...rather unconformable like as she was twitching a bit, so LewaBolt set the Tesla on it's lowest setting. with it strapped onto his forelimb, he pointed the Cannon at a metal star on his desk, giving it a small amount of magic from his horn. A thin stream of energy hit the metallic star, making a buzzing sound as it made contact.

With a small smirk, LewaBolt said to himself "Perfect, now i just need to clean it."

#64 2012-06-19 23:51:30

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

After Free Form and Lilac had left for their goal, Rare went to see if he could get this armor they so needed. He trotted back into town and toward the guard barracks where he hoped to get help for this urgent endeavor, he saw a guard leaving the barracks.

"excuse me, but I need to speak to your superior about a problem most dire." The guard looked at him and saw the armor he was wearing, he noticed the colors and realized it was a general. He responded in a nervous studder "Of c..course.....SIR!" The guard led Rare in the barracks toward their captain "Excuse me sir, but we have an honored guest who would like to speak to you" the guard said in tone which was that of hoove licking

The guard captain turned to face Rare "what is it you want?.....general" Rare could tell that the captain had somewhat of an attitude due to the chaos that had happened earlier that day "I need your help with with a situation most dire" Rare explained the story of what he had heard from lucky, the captain looked worried but tried his best to hide it for the sake of the guards under his command. "What is it you need from us! We are not soldiers to send to the slaughter!"

"I simply need some of your spare armor, and you and your guards to make sure this town is safe. My companions and I are going to deal with this threat, now can I get that spare armor?" the captain looked at him "well if that's the case then its best I get it for you, if indeed you are going against an army. Its not in the best condition, but it should keep your comrades protected." The armor looked older and had a few dents in it, but it was still as strong as any other armor he had seen guards wearing. "This will definatly work, I thank you for the assistance. Now! make sure this city does not fall!"

Rare trotted back to Lewa's shop where he would hope to find the rest of the group ready to take on this evil

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#65 2012-06-20 15:28:18

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

“Well I have everything I need, you need to grab anything from your room, or shall we had to the Clinic we passed?” Lilac asked as she turned to face Free Form, the objects in her sack clinking together.

The Archivist eyed the bag suspiciously before turning his attention back to Lilac Iris, "No, let's head to the Clinic. I don't think I have anything with me that would be of help..."

As Free Form trailed off, the pair turned to the door and casually made their way out. He suddenly thought of his room and the contents within; the journal of Trotsiphone, his belongings, his books, his mother's...

"One moment," Free Form commanded calmly as they passed in front of his room. In one swift movement, the golden Earth pony opened the door and disappeared inside only to return a minute later looking no different than when he had entered. That is, until Lilac Iris glanced down at his forehoof did she noticed a string of small pouched strapped across his leg.

"Oh, this is just something my mother gave me..." Free Form blushed slightly at the mention of the fact that it was a tacky little gift. Of course, it was more than just a "tacky little gift". It'd probably be in his best interest to mention as much, "I used to like to wander away from home when I was little, so she saw fit to give me this little utility belt to keep whatever little things I wanted inside it."

The Archivist realized that didn't sound any better. He was an adult stallion caring what may as well be a foal's toy. He could see the curious, if not slightly uncertain look on Lilac Iris's face, as if she was interested in both the belt and his little bit of immaturity. This was getting absurd.

"She had it enchanted for me a couple of years ago after finding it buried in some old chest. She told me to take it with me to Canterlot and put it to good use..." Free Form trailed off for a moment, looking incredibly guilty. "I haven't really held up to that. She told me that it had deeper pockets and was nearly indestructible, but I just never had a use for it."

"Nor did I want it to get ruined," Free Form said under his breath as he turned towards the end of the hall and continued toward the lobby of the inn before speaking up again. "I'm really not sure what it's capable of since I haven't used it, but my mother had told me that it could hold about half a saddlebag's worth of stuff between all five pouches."

At this point, the belt was more of a keepsake or loving reminder than anything practical. Sure, it was enchanted and in decent condition, but Free Form had never been interested in using it in Canterlot for a number of reasons. It always just sat on his desk as a reminder of his time spent wandering away from home into the nearby Newfawn Woods, or when he had to pick up supplies for his parents in Fillydelphia. That's all it had been good for, but maybe he could change that now. He had already put a generous amount of bits from his stash in one of the pouches and still had a little room to spare.

Lilac Iris tailed closely behind Free Form as they made their way out of the inn and back towards the middle of town and the clinic they had needed to visit. Free Form spotted the red cross quickly trotted over towards the small building. Thankfully, it was on the way back to LewaBolt's and tucked away right in plain sight. It was the small building facing directly across from the town hall that headed the split in the road. It was impossible to miss, really.

As Free Form opened the door, a small bell jingled along the top of the door frame to signal their entry. A more portly looking white Unicorn mare looked up from whatever she had been reading at her desk at the far end of the single story building and welcomed the two in, "Oh, welcome! Can I help you two?"

"Ah, well, we're just here for a couple of things and was wondering if you might be able to help," Free Form started hopefully. "We were wondering if you had a couple of first aid kits you might be willing to part with. We planned on venturing into the Everfree Forest and felt we'd rather be safe than sorry."

"Absolutely! Let me grab them for you," the mare said as she trotted through a curtain that lead to some darkly lit back room before emerging a couple of minutes later with a pair of small first aid kits held above her by her magic and setting them down on the desk. "Now, I do hope you dears will be careful."

"Don't worry about us, miss. I don't plan on running into anything too scary in there," Free Form lied through his teeth. No need to share the real story with her. The Archivist saw Lilac begin to say something and shot her a glance through the corner of his eye before unsnapping one of the pouches on his belt and carefully bending his foreleg to let a small amount of bits spill onto the floor.

As the Archivist picked the bits up and tossed them onto the desk, he saw that Lilac had turned away from him. Her attention was elsewhere for the moment, thankfully, but he wasn't sure if it was because she had caught his drift or if she was somewhat mad at him. It was hard to read her expression considering that he couldn't exactly see it.

"Thank you miss," Free Form said politely as he picked one of the small first aid kits up in his mouth and motioned for Lilac Iris to grab the other.

With that, the pair of Earth ponies exited the clinic and quickly made their way back towards LewaBolt's house with some time to spare. Hopefully Free Form would get some time to rest. He could tell he was getting a little grumpy and the lack of sleep he had gotten the previous night was the likely culprit.

OOC: Sorry if this seems a bit rushed at the end. I was in a hurry to finish and didn't want to leave it sitting until I came back. Also, let me know if the little pouch belt thing is OP or something.

#66 2012-06-21 01:54:40

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

OOC: Pouches don't seem OP to me

Lilac Iris saw Free Form eye the satchel that contained the two bottles of wine, the Purple Mare could almost feel her companion silently judging her, but if he was he didn't say as the Golden Stallion looked her in the eyes once more.

"No, let's head to the Clinic. I don't think I have anything with me that would be of help..."  Free form trailed off his sentence, as if he was going through a checklist in his head. He apparently reached an item that would be of use and he stopped in front of his room.

"One moment,"  The Stallion said in a firm but gentle voice, and slipped into his room. Lilac heard some rustling and movement, but it didn't last long as Free Form emerged once again. The Purple Mare didn't see what he had gotten at first, but then she saw the small ring of pouches strapped around one of his forehooves.

"Oh, this is just something my mother gave me..."  He said as he began to.... blush? Was he embarrassed by the little pouches?

"I used to like to wander away from home when I was little, so she saw fit to give me this little utility belt to keep whatever little things I wanted inside it."  His face was getting even redder. So he WAS embarrassed by them. Lilac didn't understand why, They were kind of cute, and besides, everyone kept things from their childhood. She for instance had a stuffed pink pony in her bags she had brought to Trotton. Lilac Iris couldn't help but keep the interest from her face.

"She had it enchanted for me a couple of years ago after finding it buried in some old chest. She told me to take it with me to Canterlot and put it to good use..."  The Golden Stallion once again trailed off, this time a look of guilt passing his features.  "I haven't really held up to that. She told me that it had deeper pockets and was nearly indestructible, but I just never had a use for it."

Free Form said something under his breath and turned to begin back down the hall. He stopped for a moment longer to say “"I'm really not sure what it's capable of since I haven't used it, but my mother had told me that it could hold about half a saddlebag's worth of stuff between all five pouches." He then began down the hall and towards the exit of the Inn.

“Half a saddlebag?” Lilac Iris mouthed with a mixture of awe and confusion, she wanted to see them in action, and made a mental note that if it was true to see if she couldn't have some made.  The Two Ponies walked the short distance to the Clinic in silence. Free Form still mulling over what he had said earlier, and Lilac more then content to allow him. The Purple Mare had plenty on her mind already, convincing herself that she was allowed to spend the money she had made at the fair. It was technically the company's money, but she had more then enough in the Manehatten banks to pay it bank, even if she spent it all.

Thinking of paying back the money reminded Lilac that she only had one more day set aside before she had to return to her gardens, but she wanted to stay here with her newly found friends. The Purple Earth pony made a mental note to come up with a reason to stay in town, though they had made it to the door of the clinic, so for now she put the task aside to focus on what was going on in the here and now.

As Lilac and Free Form walked into the clinic there was a jingle of a small bell and they were greeted by a slightly heavier White Unicorn mare who had been reading something at her desk. "Oh, welcome! Can I help you two?"  The unicorn said in greeting.

"Ah, well, we're just here for a couple of things and was wondering if you might be able to help," Free Form started hopefully. "We were wondering if you had a couple of first aid kits you might be willing to part with. We planned on venturing into the Everfree Forest and felt we'd rather be safe than sorry."

"Absolutely! Let me grab them for you," the mare said as she trotted through a curtain that lead to some darkly lit back room. While she was back there Lilac took some time to scan the rest of the room. It was about 15 by 20 feet with several chairs set around the edges and tablse with gentle used magazines of all types. It was obviously the waiting room for the clinic. There was single short shelf with some snack food and small books. Adjacent to it was a rack containing many different medical phamplets, some of the titles catching Lilac's eye were Mumps and you and Meet Mr. Suppository.

The White Unicorn reemerged from the back room levitating two small first aid kits and set them down on the desk. "Now, I do hope you dears will be careful." she said with just a hint of concern in her voice.

"Don't worry about us, miss. I don't plan on running into anything too scary in there," Free Form lied through his teeth. Lilac began to step forward to pay but instead caught a look from her friend, so she instead stepped back and watched as he poured a small pile of bits out of one of his leg pouches and unto the floor.

While Free Form picked the bits off the floor Lilac turned away, She couldn't decide if she was happy he was paying or if he was just doing it because he felt as the Male he should take charge. Lilac rolled her eyes, She was the one with a saddlebag loaded with bits and a very generous amount in the First National Bank of Equestria.

As she heard The Golden Stallion finish counting she reset her expression and turned back around. "Thank you miss," He said politely as he picked up on first aid kit in his mouth and made a motion with his head for her to grab the other. She walked over and grabbed it, placing in gently in her saddlebag on top of the wine, after making sure it didn't have any sharp corners.

Once she had it settled in the two Ponies quickly left the clinic and began back towards LewaBolt's House. Before they made it Lilac spoke up, “I'm gonna go grab something more from the clinic, if we are gonna encounter anything like what Lucky Star described we may need more then these two small first aid kits.”
Lilac could tell Free Form was a little irritated by her statement, but Lilac put on her best smile to reassure him. “I promise I will only be a few minutes, and I will meet you at Mr. LewaBolt's house.”

Without waiting for a response she quickly trotted back into the clinic, once again setting off the little bell.

The White Mare stood once again, “Welcome back dear! Did you forget something?”  Lilac kept her smile on as she approached the counter.

“Sort of.... “ she began, “My friend was telling the truth that we are going to the Everfree, but he wasn't exactly honest about how long and where.” Lilac could tell she had piqued the Unicorn's curiosity.

“We are headed deep into the Everfree in search of some rare flowers for my gardens, and may be there for several days. So I was hoping we could maybe get a little something more,  and maybe something more....powerful?”

[[Roll for barter: 19 + 5 (buisnesspony) + 5 (eye candy roll d6)= 29 ]]

A sly smile crossed the White Unicorn's face, “Of course deary, let me just step back and grab you a few things. She once again disappeared behind the curtain and left Lilac standing alone for a few moments reading the title of the brochures. When the portly mare emerged she was levitating a small pile of items on a tray.

Using her magic she floated out from under the counter a white saddlebag with a red cross on it, naming items as she set them inside.

“ This bag is enchanted to hold about twice as much as it's size, and here are 5 healing potions, 5 healing bandage rolls, 2 antivenoms, some scissors, cloth tape, and a booklet of basic first aid.” She paused briefly before adding the final items, “and 3 doses each of Med-x and Buck. Med-x will help numb any severe pain and Buck will increase you strength, stamina, and endurance for a while.” The White unicorn looked slightly edgy as she added them to the kit. “I must caution you though, only take them if you truly need them, they can both be quite addicting.”

The word “addicting” caught Lilac's attention, addiction was something that she wanted to avoid, but she knew they might need something like that.

“Thank you so much Mrs......”  Lilac said,

“Pestle, and you are very welcome. I just hope that you don't need any of it, I would hate for such a pretty young couple get hurt.”

Lilac felt her cheeks nearly burst into flame, “Uh yes, well thank you again, but I must be on my way.” Lilac stammered as she counted out her bits and slid them to the mare. The Earth pony then grabbed the White Saddlebag in her mouth and galloped all the way back to LewaBolt's house. Arriving slightly out of breath.

“Hope I'm not late everypony,” Lilac said as she entered the Unicorn's abode.

OC: Let me know if the amount of medical supplies is too much

Last edited by Lilac_Iris (2012-06-21 08:28:50)

Normal is boring.

#67 2012-06-23 15:27:59

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
LewaBolt's Shop

Lucky Stars sighed as she watched most of the other ponies disappeared to get supplies. Pain still wracked her body and it seemed like none of these ponies were really listening to her requests for whiskey or some other alcoholic beverage to take the edge off her pain - both the physical and emotional. She began to wonder if this place even had alcoholic beverages or if these ponies' physiology even allowed them to get drunk.

Looking over she spotted LewBolt firing some sort of device at a metal star on his desk, giving it a small amount of magic from his horn. The thin stream of energy hit the metallic star, making a buzzing sound as it made contact.

With a small smirk, LewaBolt said to himself "Perfect, now i just need to clean it."

"That's magic isn't it?", Lucky said rhetorically, "Just a little tip, if you see a sky blue pegasus with a whitish mane don't try to use it on him. He has some sort of freaky ability to absorb and redirect magic - what you really need is something like this, which doesn't seem to shoot with any magic involved - I call it Loud Shooty." Lucky then levitated out a beat up long black object with a foldable stock and a mouth grip with a trigger from under her armor, "this was in one of their laboratories along with a drum which attaches on the bottom here which holds the ammunition. I've got about twenty shots or so but there were also these..." Lucky replaced Loud Shootly and pulled out a grey shell with a golden crescent on it, "it's weird, it seems to be filled with bits of moonstone of all things. I found nine of them."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#68 2012-06-23 17:41:26

Fire Blossom

"That's magic isn't it" LewaBolt heard from Lucky Star call out from the couch. "Just a little tip, if you see a sky blue pegasus with a whitish mane, don't even use it on him. he has some freaky power to absorb and redirect magic- what you need is somthing like this," She releaved  some strange long object "which dosn't seem to shoot and magic involved- i call it Loud Shooty." she continued one explaining how it worked before replacing it back to where it came.

LewaBolt was was interested in the object she had shown him, but he felt that it was best he tell her how his device worked as well. "Thanks for the warning, but this don't not use magic, I only had to jump start it's core since it had been idea for a long time in the safe. It actually shoots pure natural energy, much like lightning from a cloud, but from two materials working together." Taking off the cannoning and bring it over so she might have a chance to look at it closer, LewaBolt continued talking. "I found out during a small test when I was seeing how some materials worked together, that common copper and a magnetic rod could produce an electrical field. Though i'm not sure it it may have the same properties as lightning made from magic."

"Oh, one final thing, did you mention something about needing a drink? I could offer you some of my Shamlock Cream, it's got a small kick to it?

#69 2012-06-25 20:24:53

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Meany Sport's Laboratory
Tambelon

"Now let me just give you a little bit of your free will back", Meany Sport said as he focused his eyes into Arcane Flame's glowing green eyes, after a moment their luminosity lessened and finally Arcane's eyes returned to their normal state. "Now just go through might as well use you as well on this little project to double the progress."

Meany Sport opened the door to a particularly cluttered magical Laboratory in the center was a red public phone box with a large amount of wires leading into the dark interior and on the floor surrounding it was an intricate magical circle with letters and symbols from a dozen or so writing systems including Pony Hieroglyphics and Zebra Glyphmarks sketched out along the lines forming complex geometric patterns. Tables lined the sides of the laboratories filled with assorted parts and mystical ingredients and at the other end of the room a lime green unicorn mare wearing a grey wizard hat, cape, and a fine white dress was hard at work on two sea green roboponies.

"Allow me to introduce..." Sport began but the unicorn mare had turned about and both the mare and Arcane began posing and shouting.

"I am the Great and Powerful Flame of the Arcane, Arcane Flame! The..." Arcane shouted.
"I am the Great and Powerful Mystic of the Fires, Mystic Fires! The..." The lime green mare shouted even with Arcane.

"THAT SHALL BE ENOUGH!", Sport shouted instantly silencing both unicorns, "Right. I'm the only one around here who will be making dramatic speeches. Is that not clear?"

"Yes, my master." Both unicorns responded simultaneously.

"Good, now Arcane, Mystic here will fill you in on the work since explaining everything again is a rather tedious exercise on my part. Now get along and don't kill each other or anything while I set about acquiring an important component." Sport then sighed and left the room.

Arcane trotted over to the mare and inspected at the fire talisman she was trying to install in one of the roboponies.

"That talisman is poorly made," Arcane said, "I can tell as a student of Princess Celestia, and from having seen a lot of talismans in my time."

"YOU DARE QUESTION A FIRES MADE TALISMAN YOU INSIGNIFICANT WORM?!!!" Mystic shouted as her horn lit up and fires burned in her eyes.

"I BELIEVE I AM! IT'S SHODDY WORKPONYSHIP AND IT WOULDN'T EVEN LIGHT A CANDLE THAT WAS SHOVED UP YOUR FLANK!!!" Arcane shouted in return as his horn lit up and flames burned in his eyes as well.

LewaBolt's Shop

"Oh, one final thing, did you mention something about needing a drink?" Lewabolt offered, "I could offer you some of my Shamlock Cream, it's got a small kick to it?"

"As long as it has a kick or something to it, I really need it! Thanks!" Lucky Responded, "Oh and good work on that thingy thing."

The Everfree Forest

Celestia's sun slowly began setting as a small metallic object about the size of a filly's head rose above the treeline of the Everfree Forest and zipped through the air on its four mechanical wings. Unnoticed by any pony it turned and started heading in the general direction of it's new destination: The Equestrian City of Hoofington.

OOC: Let's try to move this along a bit.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#70 2012-06-27 00:01:47

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

“I'm gonna go grab something more from the clinic, if we are gonna encounter anything like what Lucky Star described we may need more then these two small first aid kits.” Lilac Iris said as she stopped abruptly. Free Form felt a ting of irritation rise up, but he quickly quelled it as she spoke again, “I promise I will only be a few minutes, and I will meet you at Mr. LewaBolt's house.”

As Lilac Iris trotted back towards the clinic, the Archivist felt himself being reluctantly pulled back towards LewaBolt's house. He suddenly felt like a bit of a fool. Whatever he had thought in the clinic was probably way off base. In fact, he probably should have discussed what they needed with Lilac instead of taking charge and trying to make their purchase inconspicuous. Free Form shook his head in shame and sighed. Perhaps he should settle down from here on out and let this be more of the group effort it really is and refrain from just taking charge. It was just as likely that he had purchased too little to even heal Lucky Stars, let alone enough to make sure they'd be kept in fighting shape.

Before Free Form had a chance to realize how long he had been walking along, LewaBolt's front door nearly slammed into his face. If it hadn't been for the pungent smell of oil and smoke, he might have crashed headlong into it. The golden Earth pony took a moment to collect his thoughts. Lilac Iris was right, and he needed to face the facts. He'd come back in with what he had and explain that she felt they might need more than what he had purchased.

Free Form carefully pushed the door open and noticed immediately that Lucky Stars had a drink of some kind. He looked at her with a small bit of disdain, but shook it off and walked in before setting the first aid kit down, "I'm back with some first aid for you, Lucky. I wanted to make sure that you got it as quick as possible, so I left ahead of Lilac while she got a few other things for our 'trip' into Everfree Forest."

The Archivist sighed inwardly. He did it again. It was the one habit that died hard. And for what? To save face with himself? Neither of these ponies even had to know if he had kept it vague and to the point, but that was too easy. Free Form closed his eyes, temporarily erased the fib from his mind and continued into the house.

"Lilac Iris should be back shortly. In the mean time, let's get you patched up, Lucky," Free Form said as he swept his gaze from LewaBolt to Lucky Stars before picking the first aid kit back up and casually trotting over to her spot on the couch. "I'll admit that my knowledge of first aid is fairly basic, but I'll do my best to help."

Free Form sat the kit down again and flicked open the latch on the side of the small white satchel. He pulled out a roll of medical tape, a small bottle of antiseptic, and some cotton swabs before setting them on the couch next to Lucky Stars. He turned to look at her, but was uncertain where to even start checking for wounds. In fact, the Archivist suddenly recalled seeing her wounds heal themselves.

"Um... Where exactly are you still injured? I know I saw some of your wounds heal themselves... So, is this even necessary?" Free Form eyed the mare quizzically, almost certain that he had started a rather pointless endeavor.

#71 2012-06-28 21:31:53

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

LewaBolt's Shop

"Um... Where exactly are you still injured? I know I saw some of your wounds heal themselves... So, is this even necessary?" Free Form eyed the mare quizzically, almost certain that he had started a rather pointless endeavor.

"Izzz Ok," Stars slurred, "Emma dead, itza not gonna werk anyways! 'Sides ey'll heal 'ight up eeennn a bit."

OOC: Sorry been preoccupied with things lately and now BroNYcon... Also I thought Acheron said he was pointing something...

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#72 2012-06-30 01:24:21

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Rare with all the armor on his back finally had gotten back to Lewa's shop, tired from lifting all the armor he opened the door and fell to the floor sweating. Looking at all the others in the shop, Rare said almost panting. "That...was....heavy..."

OOC: Sorry it took so long to post something, it was mostly due to laziness. Either way its really short cause I couldn't really think of anything else.

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#73 2012-06-30 22:29:32

Fire Blossom

Cilce was so confused with all the commotion that was happening around the house. The little crystal pixie felt as if she were left out of the loop of something, and even though she was never able to learn Equestrian, she wish she could understand what had been spoken in the house for the past hour. It would take too long for her to search in their minds to find out, she just wish she could understand.

she had been sitting ontop of a box of bolt away from the gray unicorn, which had been eyeing Cilce since she morphed into her current form. she could feel some slight awkwardness from her, and that only confused the little pixie more. Luckily, the pretty earth pony that she instantly grew found of had return, carrying some sort of previsions in her saddle bag. Cilce flew over and landed once again on top of Lilac's mane, and laid in her fragrant hair in comfort.

#74 2012-07-04 01:46:14

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

"Izzz Ok," Lucky slurred, "Emma dead, itza not gonna werk anyways! 'Sides ey'll heal 'ight up eeennn a bit."

Free Form's face drooped instantly into an agrivated state of disapproval. It was obvious that his attempts at healing Lucky Stars were as pointless as he had assumed they might be. So much for chivalry. Frustrated that he had likely made a foolish display of himself in front of Lilac for nothing more than a basic first aid kit that, at the moment, they didn't need, the Archivist swiped the equipment back into the satchel and kicked it aside with his right hind leg.

"So, you're drunk..." Free Form sighed in exasperation before closing his eyes and bringing a hoof to his face. "How does an undead pony even get drunk?"

The golden stallion eyed Lucky Stars a moment before cutting off her drunken answer, "You know what... Nevermind. I don't want to know."

"So, I'm assuming that Lilac Iris and Rare-" Just before Free Form could finish his sentence, and on que no less, Rare Arts burst through the door to LewaBolt's house with a large cluster of what he assumed was the armor. "Huh, speak of Discord."

"That...was....heavy..." Rare Arts gasped as he dropped the armor and himself with it. He was clearly exhausted, and rightfully so. Strewn about the random bits of armor was a variation of light and heavy helmets, pads, and plates. It had to have weighed at least twice, if not three times, as much as Rare.

"Not too bad. About as good as you can expect from the town guard anyways," Free Form said as he eyed the pieces of armor closer. They really weren't in terrible shape. In fact, some of this armor seemed like it was hardly used at all. Strange for a town this close to the Everfree Forest and the Gates of Tartarus. Regardless, the Archivist didn't look a gift pony, or Changeling as it were, in the mouth. "So... how do you suppose we should divy this up?"

Before anypony else could answer, Lilac Iris suddenly appeared through the open doorway and carefully stepped over Rare Arts. Free Form looked at her for a moment, noticed her extra first aid gear in tow, then turned away flushed. He was growing more disgusted with himself as the rest of this day went on. Despite that, he coughed nervously and turned back towards Lilac Iris and confronted the rest of the group, "I guess this is a good time to reiterate... How should we divy the armor up? Who's more comfortable in heavy and who in light?"

There was clearly more than enough armor for the unarmored hides of Lilac Iris, LewaBolt, and Free Form, but Rare Arts had also brought along some spare pieces. Really, now that the golden Earth pony took the time to examine the pile of armor again, he noticed that it must have been the town guard's spare, mostly not needed, armor.

"I guess that explains why it looks so unused," Free Form thought to himself before glancing toward LewaBolt and then back to Lilac Iris as he awaited their answers.

OOC: Everyone is back from BronyCon and I have nothing better to do with my free time other than write, so let's kick this thing back up!

#75 2012-07-04 07:37:59

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

As Lilac Iris  reentered Lewabolt's house she found a somewhat chaotic sight in front of her. Lewabolt was still tinkering in the corner, Lucky Star was still on the couch, but now had a drink in hoof, and judging by her slight swaying it wasn't the first one she had had. Rare Art was laying on the ground breathing heavily next to a rather large pie of armor, and Free Form was standing over The white unicorn inspecting the armor pile.

Lilac Iris carefully stepped over Rare Art, making sure not to hurt the stallion and set the medical bag she had gotten from the Clinic next to the pile of armor. At the same time she saw Free Form look up from the armor and go red, he seemed embarrassed, maybe it was because he hadn't thought about grabbing more medical supplies, but The purple Mare could only guess. The golden stallion coughed uncertainly as if he was clearing his throat and began to speak.

"I guess this is a good time to reiterate... How should we divy the armor up? Who's more comfortable in heavy and who in light?" He said in a semi authoritative voice, as if he was not sure if the others in the room would listen to him. Lilac stepped over to the armor pile and began moving some pieces around herself. There were metal plates every part of of the body, along with helmets and  pads. The purple pony moved a few pieces before turning to Free Form.

“If at all possible Mr Free Form, I would prefer to wear light armor,working with flowers is not the best way to build up a lot of muscle, and I would like something that I could wear the medical saddle bags over. She looked over at Rare, whose breathing was normalizing again and then back up to Free Form.

“I think I'm gonna go get a drink of water, I will be back in just a moment.” She said with a slight halting in her voice, it wasn't that she was lying, she just wasn't telling the whole truth. She quickly trotted off into a small kitchen she had seen from the main room and after a short search through near empty cabinets found some glasses, she took one and quickly filled it with water from a nearby sink. Lilac drank it and then set the glass down to grab something out of her saddlebag, finding on of the bottles of white wine and taking in out.

The cork protruded from the bottle slightly and in a practiced movement Lilac pulled to cork out with her mouth and spat it into a trashcan, pouring a generous amount into her glass, enjoying the scents of grapes and mild citrus that rose from it. She took her first sip and gave a loud contented sigh, this wine was one of, if not her most, favorite that she had ever had, and the light taste brought back memories of cool nights and quiet meals.

As she relished in taste she could feel a slight stirring on top of her head, and had a good guess of what it was. She lifted a forehoof and saw the little blue crystal pony hop on and she lowered her hoof down, allowing the little pony to flit down onto the table.

“Hello again little one,” She said to the adorable creature, “it's been a bit of a long day and I needed this, would you like some?” The Purple Mare got up from the table and grabbed a small bowl, taking it over to the table and pouring about a half inch of wine into it and set it in front of the crystal pony.

“There you go little one, feel free to try it if you want.” With that she topped her own glass and continued to relax and drink, enjoying these few moments to relax after what had been a rather exciting day to say the least.

Normal is boring.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB