Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-08 21:16:35

Csquared08
Sing my song and become nothing.

What are you reading right now?

Similar to the Epic Playlist thread, except with books/other literature.

Anyhow, as for books, I'm currently rereading the Riftwar series by Raymond Feist. I'm on Silverthorn, book 3 of the Riftwar Saga.

For pony stuff, I'm reading Guilt and Hate.

I'm also going to mention that I read a lot. And by a lot, I mean my bookshelves in my room are overflowing. And I've read nearly every book I own. And all this reading has easily transitioned into ponyfiction. I may also be slightly crazy roll

"If all I care about in life is the imprints I make in this world, then the most I'll ever leave is a grave." - Lyra, Background Pony
Flutterlicious_Banner_Csquared08_Gift.png

#2 2012-06-08 21:42:49

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Re: What are you reading right now?

Mog World-Ben Crowshaw

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#3 2012-06-08 22:02:40

Outside of pony, I'm (slowly) reading Everybody Loves Our Town: An Oral History of Grunge, which is fantastic if you're into contemporary music. Or oral histories, I guess.

Inside of a pony, it is very dark HO HO HO

No. I'm currently working my way through catching up on Our First Steps. I've also got the latest chapters of The First Week of Winter and My Little Metro, which I hope to catch up on over the weekend.

#4 2012-06-08 23:17:58

obcom
Hero

I've been juggling all sorts of books during summer, like Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey, Blindsight by Peter Watts, and Metro 2033 by Dimitry Glukhovsky.

For pony, I'm all about Tales of Harmony. It's like I'm playing a Tales game... with poneh.

#5 2012-06-08 23:25:51

DashAttack
Not REDACTED

Well, since I don't read fan fiction, this will be strictly normal fiction for me.

Currently reading John Dies at the End by David Wong (Jason Pargin).

#6 2012-06-09 01:17:09

Midnight_Fyre

A few days ago I finished reading American Colonies by Alan Taylor, an excellent book about colonial North America from the Spanish conquistadors to the Revolutionary War, including a lot of good information about the role of Native Americans and slaves, which are often overlooked in books about colonial history.  I highly recommend it if you are interested in the subject.

I'm now reading I Was a Kamikaze by Ryuji Nagatsuka, about the author's time in the Japanese air force and training to be a kamikaze pilot before the war ended, thus putting a stop to that plan.  It's not really that well written (or maybe it's just poorly translated), but it's still pretty interesting.

#7 2012-06-09 05:58:27

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

I'm not reading anything at the current time, mainly because I'm waiting for my authors to release new books. Last book I read was called Agent to the Stars by John Scalzi. But the series I follow right now are The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher and then the Dexter novels by Jeff Lindsay. I love the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.

As far as pony goes, I'm one of those crazy people that can't get enough Fallout: Equestria so I'm reading Project Horizons as well (which is now longer than the original...). I got a couple of others on backlog that I need to catch up on but Project Horizons is usually my number 1 priority.

And would this Mog World happen to be by a Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw?

lunadance_by_warpout-d4vaayz.gif scratchdance_by_warpout-d4vab5t.gif

#9 2012-06-09 08:32:58

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

twitchy.717043 wrote:

I'm not reading anything at the current time, mainly because I'm waiting for my authors to release new books. Last book I read was called Agent to the Stars by John Scalzi. But the series I follow right now are The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher and then the Dexter novels by Jeff Lindsay. I love the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.

As far as pony goes, I'm one of those crazy people that can't get enough Fallout: Equestria so I'm reading Project Horizons as well (which is now longer than the original...). I got a couple of others on backlog that I need to catch up on but Project Horizons is usually my number 1 priority.

And would this Mog World happen to be by a Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw?

YES! it would...

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#10 2012-06-09 11:28:08

Griffin2x
MvM FTW

besides pony, I'm re-reading American Gods

Why is it anyone lives in Ponyville? its seems to be a disaster magnet, its a half an hours from a forest of nasties, 2 hours from a place called ghastly gorge which has such a lovely name, and less than a days run from the very gates of hell.  Property values must suuuuuck.

#11 2012-06-10 13:12:11

eaglehooves
Procrastinating with ponies, again.

Outside pony, I just finished the Eragon series, probably going to read Dan Brown's 'The Lost Symbol' next.

Pony-related, all I'm following is 'Anthropology', and I have about 8 months of 'Antipodes' to catch up on.

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-hard-at-work1.jpg
Random journals and the occasional post -> http://eaglehooves.deviantart.com/
Also now on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040248536
Do ponies really even read signatures?

#12 2012-06-10 15:18:03

Brickule

I am reading this Forum.

#13 2012-06-10 15:59:30

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Brickule wrote:

I am reading this Forum.

I'm reading your comment

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#14 2012-06-10 18:30:08

Brickule

Acheron187 wrote:
Brickule wrote:

I am reading this Forum.

I'm reading your comment

I am reading your comment about my comment about me reading this forum.

#15 2012-06-10 18:49:07

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Brickule wrote:
Acheron187 wrote:
Brickule wrote:

I am reading this Forum.

I'm reading your comment

I'm reading your comment about my comment about your comment about reading this forum.

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#16 2012-06-10 19:38:23

Brickule

Acheron187 wrote:
Brickule wrote:
Acheron187 wrote:

I'm reading your comment

I'm reading your comment about my comment about your comment about reading this forum.

I am reading your comment about my comment about your comment about my comment about reading this forum.

#17 2012-06-10 20:01:02

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Brickule wrote:
Acheron187 wrote:
Brickule wrote:

I am reading your comment about my comment about your comment about my comment about reading this forum.

I'm reading your comment about reading my comment about reading your comment about reading my comment about reading your comment about reading this forum.

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#18 2012-06-11 04:38:02

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

As much it pains me to stop this pyramid, how is Mog World? I remember him pushing hie book back for a little bit on Zero Punctuation, but I just never got around to it.

#19 2012-06-11 11:20:35

Flexico
Chip Cybercorn

Background Pony and Anthropology. ^^

And your mind.

twilight_nothing_productive_zps2fbb9400.gif

#20 2012-06-11 11:26:22

Fire Blossom

Ive been reading mostly alot of storyies from FIMFICTION.net
currently i'm on Not my Destiny

Last edited by Fire Blossom (2012-06-11 11:26:41)

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#21 2012-06-11 13:30:38

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

twitchy.717043 wrote:

As much it pains me to stop this pyramid, how is Mog World? I remember him pushing hie book back for a little bit on Zero Punctuation, but I just never got around to it.

Its alright, I have yet to finish it. Otherwise I heard that supposedly the ending is amazingly lack luster, but I have yet to get that far

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#22 2012-06-13 01:45:49

andapanda
FluxBB bbcode test

Well technically not reading, but I've been listening to A Song of Ice and Fire on my walks.

Last edited by andapanda (2012-06-13 02:09:05)

you better shrek yo self before you dreck yo self

FluxBB bbcode test

#23 2012-06-13 04:37:03

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Currently rereading Orson Scott Card's Characters & Viewpoint and then probably his How to write Science Fiction & Fantasy - they were both a great influence on me during early HS & college when I was more into creative writing. Been a while since I've read them and I wanted to reread them before working on a short FanFic I have planned.

Other than that still reading Project Horizons as it goes along and massively enjoying it (especially the massive amount of character development Blackjack has gone through.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#24 2012-06-13 11:01:19

Fire Blossom

I'm currently reading The Empty Room, has a rather wierd twist, and seems to be more then about an empty room...

reading the next chapter of this when it's out, Journey to my Imagination which is basicly about...damit i can't remember her name...the creator of FIM ends up in FIM

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#25 2012-06-13 12:23:54

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

I still need to finish the Empty room, I started it and got all caught up when the author moved and then I never got around to reading the updates when he continued it.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB