Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#26 2012-06-13 12:29:49

Fire Blossom

Re: What are you reading right now?

twitchy.717043 wrote:

I still need to finish the Empty room, I started it and got all caught up when the author moved and then I never got around to reading the updates when he continued it.

The story wasn't what i was expecting it to be, but it's quite good so far, i think i'm on chapter 11 atm...i just hope nothing more happens with Twilight in her current state. was funny that Trixie is a ghost now though lol, she dosn't disrve it but it did teach her a leson on being nice.

i'm currently wait on many stories to update, but most are updating faster then others...still wanting for a new chapter for A Whisper on the Wind.

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#27 2012-06-13 21:54:51

Csquared08
Sing my song and become nothing.

Finished up Silverthorn and now I'm on A Darkness at Sethanon

As for pony stuff, I've gotten quite a few updates on FiMfiction, ranging from Background Pony to Anthropology to Of Steam Gears and Wings to Fluttershy's Bad 'Hare' Day.

"If all I care about in life is the imprints I make in this world, then the most I'll ever leave is a grave." - Lyra, Background Pony
Flutterlicious_Banner_Csquared08_Gift.png

#28 2012-06-13 22:49:06

obcom
Hero

Just picked up "The Map of Time" by Felix J. Palma. I'm so excited.

#29 2012-06-13 22:59:59

Raelcun
Uninspired

I'm rereading my Terry Pratchett archive. That man is too good at what he does.

#30 2012-06-14 01:07:38

andapanda
FluxBB bbcode test

Raelcun wrote:

Yeah I love me some Pratchett <3, it's sad to think we will only have him for a few more years, Alzheimers is a hell of a disease.

you better shrek yo self before you dreck yo self

FluxBB bbcode test

#31 2012-06-14 01:35:45

Raelcun
Uninspired

andapanda wrote:
Raelcun wrote:

Yeah I love me some Pratchett <3, it's sad to think we will only have him for a few more years, Alzheimers is a hell of a disease.

Yeah and we lost Douglas Adams far too early as well :[

#32 2012-06-14 08:16:54

Fire Blossom

i just finished reading The Empty Room, and...wow...it was ALOT more then what the title makes you think....

thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#33 2012-06-14 18:57:15

There's a new chapter of Archives of the Friendquisition I am now looking forward to reading over the weekend. :3

#34 2012-06-15 04:14:45

twitchy.717043
YellowNukaCola

In regards to Pratchett, he is truly an amazing man at his craft and it will be a sad day when he leaves us. And in the vein of losing authors we like, Robert Asprin (did the Myth series and Phule's Company) passed away a couple of years ago, which was really sad cause he just started a new series about dragons which was quite enjoyable.

Background Pony and Anthropology are both on my list, although Anthropology is much further along. I am eagerly awaiting On a Whisper of Wind because it's prequel, On a Cross and Arrow, got me reading fanfic in the first place (genderbender mane 6 meet real mane 6? I got to at least see how it goes down).

How is Friendquisition? I was getting into the Gaunt's Ghosts novels shortly before this pony thing entered my life and I always wondered how you would combine 40k and ponies. I mean, I was surprised with Fallout: Equestria so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if it does it really well.

lunadance_by_warpout-d4vaayz.gif scratchdance_by_warpout-d4vab5t.gif

#35 2012-06-15 11:25:32

Csquared08

As for losing authors, losing Robert Jordan before he could finish the Wheel of Time was a blow. He'll be missed.

As for Background Pony and Anthropology, I believe Background Pony is a little more than halfway done. Anthropology seems to be about 3/4 done. At the rate each author writes, though, I think Background Pony will finish first.

"If all I care about in life is the imprints I make in this world, then the most I'll ever leave is a grave." - Lyra, Background Pony

#36 2012-06-15 11:39:10

Fire Blossom

On a Cross and Arrow was also the first fan fic that got me into reading FIM fiction, though most of the fiction i read is at FIMFiction.net. I personaly have so many on my read later list, it's starting to take up most of my free time to just read them...and i keep puting more stories in the read later....Though the latest story i have finsished reading was The Empty room, which though real dark, was well put together.

I might finish Humans, Ponies, and Choas when i get back home, though i've been surfing around for more to read still.

#37 2012-06-15 12:00:22

Csquared08

Heh, my Read Later list is approaching 700... It's... ugly.

#38 2012-06-15 12:14:04

Fire Blossom

well, ive become a bit picky on which stories i will read, if they start to become to unrealistic in the manner the show has, i tend to just stop reading it.

From Above and Beyond (i think thats the stories name) is a good one to read, it not finished yet, but about each chapter is more then 10k words. it is a HiE, but it's more realistic in more manners i have read in some HiE stories...for Celestia's sake, she is also being driven mad unnoticly by Discord in it....Oh and the Changeling Queen is in it too, but not as a major player.

Also as i have stated a bit back, I tend to look at any storie as it's own world...Kinda wish i was a SilverTounge.

#39 2012-06-15 12:28:55

Csquared08

LewaColt wrote:

but about each chapter is more then 10k words.

Lol, more than 10k words. That's nothing. The End of Ponies has chapters longer 30k words. The shortest chapters in that story are about 10k words.

#40 2012-06-15 12:38:37

Fire Blossom

Csquared08 wrote:
LewaColt wrote:

Lol, more than 10k words. That's nothing. The End of Ponies has chapters longer 30k words. The shortest chapters in that story are about 10k words.

The End of Ponies?? sound like a real grim story.... i don't want to read a story that all the ponies die!

#41 2012-06-15 12:44:55

Csquared08

LewaColt wrote:
Csquared08 wrote:
LewaColt wrote:

The End of Ponies?? sound like a real grim story.... i don't want to read a story that all the ponies die!

It's grim, yes. But at the same time, it's happy, if a bittersweet sort of happiness. It's definitely my favorite ponyfic, all 500k words of it.

#42 2012-06-15 12:48:53

Fire Blossom

Csquared08 wrote:
LewaColt wrote:
Csquared08 wrote:

It's grim, yes. But at the same time, it's happy, if a bittersweet sort of happiness. It's definitely my favorite ponyfic, all 500k words of it.

Sounds a bit like how The Empty Room ended...a number of Background characters died in it but were remembered for what they did.

#43 2012-06-15 13:05:36

Csquared08

LewaColt wrote:
Csquared08 wrote:
LewaColt wrote:

Sounds a bit like how The Empty Room ended...a number of Background characters died in it but were remembered for what they did.

Well, if you're looking for something to read, The End of Ponies will keep you busy for some time. IMO, it's worth the read.

#44 2012-06-15 14:17:30

Fire Blossom

is it possable to format it to a file off a Kobo?

#45 2012-06-15 14:30:29

Csquared08

Possibly? Maybe? I have no idea? It's on FiMfiction if that helps ._.

#46 2012-06-15 16:50:49

Fire Blossom

I would have to save it to a Word document, then use a PDF converter to do it, i might do it for some of the stories that are big...staring at the comp screen can get tiresome.

#47 2012-06-15 17:08:34

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

LewaColt wrote:

I would have to save it to a Word document, then use a PDF converter to do it, i might do it for some of the stories that are big...staring at the comp screen can get tiresome.

I do the same with my Kindle but then I have to turn it to Mobi format after PDF.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#48 2012-06-16 02:36:43

Csquared08

For ponyfics, I am currently reading My Little Alicorn.

#49 2012-06-16 18:13:57

twitchy.717043 wrote:

How is Friendquisition?

I love the hell out of it. It's one of my top favorites right now. It's not done too well on EQD, but from what I understand, that's because Warhammer fans wanted something far darker in tone. He's done an excellent job of mixing the worlds together while still keeping it pony, not to mention the characters are great. I highly recommend it, but then I'm also a little biased.

#50 2012-06-18 18:47:21

Csquared08

So I finished up A Darkness at Sethanon. I'll be moving on to Honoured Enemy.

For ponyfiction, I finished My Little Alicorn, read a couple updates (Anthropology!), and have now started the sequel to My Little Alicorn, Bringing Up Blueblood.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB