Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-01 23:21:53

Brickule

Roll to Pony: Brickule is teh overlord now!

OK so, while i wait for the RPs that i am in to update (Please let that happen soon), I must satisfy my lust for RP, so I shall now host my own, starting with 4 players, when i get the hang of it, I might accept more players. I shall use teh Roll to Pony that Argembarger started with cause that is what I know.

Argembarger wrote:

========RULES========

Okay, so RTD is very simple. Deceptively simple. This is how I do it.

It works in rounds. During each round, everyone posts what it is they're doing. That's it. Then I roll a dice for everyone to see how you did.

Please make an attempt to post once per day. I will move the game along at my own convenience, probably at some point in the evening. If I see everyone has submitted their turn early, I will try to compile the turn early. If it has been a while and someone has not submitted a turn, I take control, most likely making you do nothing.

Some versions of RTD are reasonable. The one I enjoy the most is not.

Results table:
1: Crippling failure. Not only did you not succeed at what you were doing, but some other unfortunate side-effects occurred! ooooooh
2: Failure. You didn't succeed at what you were doing at all.
3: Meager failure. You very nearly succeeded, but you didn't. Them's the breaks.
4: Meager success. You barely scratched your way through whatever it was you were doing.
5: Success. Good job! You made your momma proud.
6: Intense Success. You so completely dominated whatever it was you were doing that no one can possibly predict what will happen now. It could be spectacular or terrible. But it will almost certainly be hilarious.

All of that handles all of the uncontested checks. If you try to do something that is opposed, such as combat, or stealing from someone, or anything that involves some other living thing that might not want you to do it, then I simply roll dice for both of you and decide who wins.

Anything you do that would require even a little bit of concentration or effort requires a roll. Casual speech and normal movement does not require a roll, for instance. Trying to improvise a poem on the spot requires a roll, as does dancing.

Physics is altogether questionable, but is still somewhat in place. For instance, unless you're a pegasus or know a flying spell, you can never fly, no matter how high you roll. Etc.

========CHARACTER CREATION========

Simply post the following.

Name: what yer name is
Race: Earth Pony, Unicorn, Pegasus.
Cutie Mark: What it is, and what your special talent is. Can/May provide bonuses. My discretion.
Description: Whachoo look-a like. Personality. Roleplaying crap.

========OTHER THINGS TO KNOW========

Race matters.
Pegasus: y'all can fly. Normal flight doesn't require a roll.
Unicorn: Telekinesis. Range: within reason, I decide what's 'reasonable'. You can let yourself have some other kind of magic, if you make it your cutie mark. If it's overpowered, I'll make it /very/ easy to fail. Twilight fucks spells up all the time.
Earth Pony: y'all are dependable. Y'all have a 33% chance for +1 on your roll. If y'all get a +1, y'all don't have to worry about negative effects from rolling a 6.

Cutie mark matters.
Mary Sue bullshit at your own risk. If you are better at something than the Elements of Harmony, expect me to fuck with you mercilessly.

Last but not least, everything is decided by me. I don't have time to entertain appeals and arguments. If you want a serious game, go play something else.

Roll to Dodge is primarily for laughs.

========NOW THAT THAT'S ALL OUT OF THE WAY========

So, post your character info, then I starts!

#2 2012-07-01 23:28:13

Raelcun
Uninspired

Re: Roll to Pony: Brickule is teh overlord now!

Name: Carter
Race: Earth Pony
Cutie Mark: A heart with a bandaid on it. He's good at listening and cheering up other pony's sadness, but as a result isn't very chipper himself.
Description: Plain brown earth pony. Everypony in town has seen him around before but not many know him. He works for the mail service pulling a cart full of the heavier packages the Pegasi can't deliver. He easily fades into the background, but given the tendency of other ponies to use him as a shoulder to cry on he doesn't mind too much. very few ponies know him well, but to those he considers friends he's very loyal and kind otherwise he's merely polite.

#3 2012-07-02 00:43:46

Lelth

Name: Lelth.
Race: Pegasus.
Cutie Mark: Blank Artist Canvas, the meaning of it is to signify that he loves to do new things and is like a canvas waiting to be painted. Because of this, he seems to have a short attention span and can't keep doing the same thing for very long.
Description: Gray, Pegasus pony. He travels around Equestria, and loves to tell his stories of travel. He can hardly get halfway through them before something else gets his attention. His mane is blue, with streaks of gray going through the middle, and his tail continues that pattern. His eyes are a vivid blue, and he usually has a grin painted on his face. Despite his naturally happy demeanor, he has trouble making friends. His attention span is short, he says whatever comes to his mind, and can sometimes come off as cynical. Regardless, he does what he can to make friends, and is trying to curb his sporatic antics.

#4 2012-07-02 10:42:38

BlueFox02

Name: Mason
Race: Unicorn
Cutie Mark: A stack of clay bricks on a wooden palette.
Description: Reddish-brown coat with a blue-black mane and tail.
Works as a bricklayer in Manehattan. Kind of old-fashioned, prefers the 'earth pony way' of laying bricks.

#5 2012-07-03 10:23:04

Brickule

If we don't have another player by the time I get home from work, I will start with what we have already.

#6 2012-07-03 13:32:53

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Name: Bliss
Race: Earth Pony(male)
Cutie Mark: A rubber chicken. He loves to make people laugh when there feeling down and turns frowns into smiles.
Description: Purple Coat with a shaved down mane and tail a short tail, mane and tail color being a white color. He's random, and pulls out objects in attempts to get people to be happy. He's otherwise really goofy and can also be a little annoying in some cases.

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#7 2012-07-05 00:33:25

Brickule

Round one: lol how do I BB code?

it is a normal seeming day in Ponyville, the weather is clear, with only a few clouds here and there. It rained last night and the ground is still muddy.

Carter (Raelcun)
You are pulling a wagon full of bricks on an urgent delivery matter, the new Smithponian Meuseum in Ponyville, but the ground and roads are all muddy from last night's rain. There is a fork in the road ahead, and one side is a longer path, but it is less muddy, the other path gets to the building site faster, but is UBER muddy.

Lelth
You are flying high above the ground, traveling to Ponyville,a town that you haven't visited before! You see below, a Pony pulling a cart who stops at a fork in the road, and in the distance, the town of Ponyville.

Mason (BlueFox02)
You are in Ponyville on an important building project, you are in charge of all the mason work on the new Smithponian Meuseum. You are waiting for the last of the bricks to build the foundation, but the shipment is late. Suddenly, a purple pony with a rubber chicken for a Cutie mark shows up.

Bliss (Acheron187)
You woke up feeling energetic, you head off to see how the construction of the new Meuseum is going, when you get there, all the worker seem bored, like they are waiting for something.

#8 2012-07-05 01:07:20

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

I jump on a jackhammer and ride it like a Bull, while doing ventriloquism with a sandwich in attempts to bring humor!

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#9 2012-07-05 13:55:44

Raelcun
Uninspired

Carter turns down the longer path, and TRIES TO GO FASTER to make up for the lost time.

#10 2012-07-05 16:02:04

BlueFox02

Mason asks what this strange pony is doing at a construction site without a hard hat.

Last edited by BlueFox02 (2012-07-05 16:02:26)

#11 2012-07-05 23:33:40

Lelth

Lelth flies down to intercept Carter. He's never seen him before, so he dive-bombs at a quick speed in an attempt to land dead-center in front of the Earth Pony with the cart.

#12 2012-07-07 21:23:49

Brickule

Round two: *insert title here* (can't, to tired from work to think of one)

Carter (Raelcun)
*Try to go faster down the longer path* Roll (2=Failure, No Earth Pony Bonus this time)
You try to go faster, but the wagon is starting to feel heavier than normal. You turn around to look, it is a random Pegasus sitting on your cart.

Lelth
*try to dive bomb in front of the Pony with a cart* Roll (4=meager success)
You start flying as fast as you can! gaining speed with every meter! but then, just before you land in front of him, a gust of winds hits you, slowing you down, and you gently land on the cart.

Mason (BlueFox02)
*Ask what the strange pony is doing without a hardhat* Roll (2=Failure)
You watch as the Pony slaps a co-workers sandwich out of his hooves, tears up a bunch of the foundation y'all already laid down, and starts to come towards you, "HEY!, you can't be here without a ha..." but before you can finish your sentence, the crazy pony crashes into a dumpster. *KERASH!* A large mushroom cloud of dust comes up out of the container.

Bliss (Acheron187)
*jump on a jackhammer and ride it like a Bull, while doing ventriloquism with a sandwich in attempts to bring humor!* Roll (1=EPIC FAILZ!, no earth pony bonus this time (Brickule needs to get a better D6))
You hop on the jackhammer, and fly past a worker on break, you try to grab the sandwich he is eating, but you merely slap it out of his' hooves (how rude!), you then start to loose control and zoom past who looks to be the pony in charge, he opens his mouth to say something, but you don't hear him as you crash into a dumpster full of old building materials. After coming to a sudden stop, your momentum carries you up in the air, and lands you in a pile of old broken bricks. {lost 2 health} (during this whole time you tear up a ton of the workers already laid foundation)

I will get a fancy scroll box up with character stats soon as I learn how.

#13 2012-07-08 15:19:00

Raelcun
Uninspired

Carter puts his head down and attempts to make a show of how much effort it takes him to pull the heavy cart.

"Do you mind resting somewhere else? This shipment is already late from the mud and I don't need... more weight!"

#14 2012-07-10 11:46:36

Lelth

Lelth tilts his head, looking curiously at the Earth Pony. His eyes squint, and he must look awful strange. He gets up and tries to push Rael out of the way, with no words. His plan is to take over for the Earth Pony, to lend a hand.

#15 2012-07-10 18:00:45

BlueFox02

Mason can only stare in shock, unable to comprehend what just happened.

#16 2012-07-10 22:40:32

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Bliss gets up and shakes the dust from his body. He looked at the damage he had caused, Bliss could only stare at it and feel the daggers in the eye's of the workers. Bliss confidently trotted to the workers in attempts at an apology.

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#17 2012-07-11 18:04:53

Discord
Equestrian God of chaos.

I suppose I could get into this.
Name: Meridian
Race: Pegasus(Female)
Cutie Mark: Blank
Description: Purple Coat with a Semi short, green mane. She is Blind, but tends to have a very upbeat attitude. She is currently homeless, but otherwise does fine.

#18 2012-07-11 22:03:01

Brickule

Round Three:

Carter (Raelcun)
Show the Pegasus how hard it is to pull the cart (Roll-4 meager success)
You grunt and moan, moving the cart a mere 4 inches, the Pegasus hops down, and tries to help you pull it.

Lelth
lend a helping hand (roll-1 Uber fail)
You try to shove the earth pony out of the way and lend a helping hand. You Quickly find you don't have hands, and fall face first into the mud.

Mason (BlueFox02)
Stare in shock (no roll required +1 from earth pony)
You stare at the dumpster as the cloud clears, you are not sure what to think, should you help the pony, or beat the carrots out of him for wreaking your build site.

Bliss (Acheron187)
Climb out of the dumpster and apologize (Roll-1 failz)
You start to climb out of the dumpster, and it tips over, you roll out and the rubish falls out on you, almost burying you completely. (Loose 1 more health)

Meridian (Discord)
You wake up in an alley way in Ponyville, there is an old news paper covering you for a blanket. (sry, can't think up anything else at the moment for a homeless pony, I will add more later if I think of it)

Meridian
Female Pegasus
Inventory: none
Health (10/10)

Bliss
Male Earth Pony
Inventory: None
health (9/12)

Mason
Male Unicorn
inventory: hard hat, building plans
health (8/8)

Lelth
Male Pegasus
Inventory: nothing
health (10/10)

Carter
male Earth Pony
Inventory: nothing (currently pulling a cart)
Health (12/12)

#19 2012-07-12 00:55:11

Discord
Equestrian God of chaos.

Hearing all the ruckus of a tipping dumpster I travel to investigate. Using my knowledge of my own home I attempt to locate the source of the sound.

#20 2012-07-12 13:13:55

BlueFox02

Mason shakes out of his stupor and grabs the vandal with his magic. He then proceeds to scold the disruptive pony about his improper use of construction equipment.

Last edited by BlueFox02 (2012-07-12 13:14:35)

#21 2012-07-12 21:02:40

Lelth

Lelth looks dumb-founded as he stands up and tries to remove the mud all over his face before it gets into his eyes, "Ewwww!" comes his cry of disgust.

#22 2012-07-12 21:24:09

Raelcun
Uninspired

Carter looks conflicted, he keeps plodding forward, pulling the cart with determination trying to make up for lost time.

"Are you okay?" he calls out while still trying to proceed forward.

Last edited by Raelcun (2012-07-12 22:43:58)

#23 2012-07-16 02:08:36

Brickule

Round four: Herp da derp

Carter (Raelcun)
*WHY CART NOT PUSH SELF?* Roll 4 Meager success
You continue on at a slow pace, the cart wheels moaning under the strain. You look back at the Pegasus "Are you okay?" He is trying to wipe the mud off, but seems to have made it worse, and doesn't seem to be able to see.

Lelth
*remove mud from face* Roll-2 Failure
You proceed to wipe your face, but all it really does is spread it around more. it get's into your eyes and begins to burn. You squint your eyes and try not to get anymore in. (Blind for 3 turns)

Mason (BlueFox02)
*Use magic to grab crazy pony* Roll 5 Success!
You snatch the crazy pony up and hold him in the air. You then let out some nice comments about how you have half a mind to take him to the PonyVille hospital for a mental examination.

Bliss (Acheron187)
(Currently flying around in mid air in the magical hold of the Unicorn in charge of brick laying)

Meridian (Discord)
*Go looking for the construction sight* Roll-5 Success!
You wander around town for a few minutes, then arive at the construction sight.

Meridian
Female Pegasus
Inventory: none
Health (10/10)
Status=Normal

Bliss
Male Earth Pony
Inventory: None
health (9/12)
status=levitating

Mason
Male Unicorn
inventory: hard hat, building plans
health (8/8)
Status=Angry

Lelth
Male Pegasus
Inventory: nothing
health (10/10)
status=blind for 3 turns

Carter
male Earth Pony
Inventory: nothing (currently pulling a cart)
Health (12/12)
Status= late for delivery

#24 2012-07-17 22:33:53

Discord
Equestrian God of chaos.

After arriving at the construction site I realize I have no idea where I am. So I attempt to get somepony's attention so that I can ask where I am.

#25 2012-07-17 23:53:57

Lelth

Lelth proceeds to scream loudly, "Aaaaaugh!" The mud in his eyes as he stumbles around. He can tell that his face is about to slam into the cart, so he tries to prevent his innevitable face-plant.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB