Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-23 14:47:47

Star ★
Pony
Starshine Trotter

Pony Adventure OOC

I brought this up at the party, and there was a bit of interest in it, so I'm going to do it: let's have a text adventure RP.

First off, if you have never played a text adventure game and have no idea what I'm talking about, go play Zork on this website for a moment or two. (yes, that's the 404 page, isn't it great ;D)

All right, now that you know what I'm talking about, the idea is, one person (this time, me) will start the adventure, with a short description of the area you're in. The next person to reply will give some sort of action command, like travel in some direction, pick up an item, interact with someone, etc. The next poster after that describes what happened as a result of that action, someone else types something in, and so forth. There's not really any sort of "turns" - anyone can post either the actions or the descriptions. This thread can be used for keeping track of the player's inventory, noting where everything is (we will almost certainly need to build some sort of map), and other meta-details about the adventure.

I've seen this work on imageboards a couple of times, and I've seen it fail pretty miserably too, so this is really experimental. Remember, it isn't a chess game, so don't be thinking five moves ahead and trying to plan out a storyline, because someone else might come along and DM the next move and screw your plans up.

#2 2012-04-30 20:19:18

Re: Pony Adventure OOC

Omg... sorry. XD other txt games are thy dungeonman. There's 3. Also I'm on my phone. Can't play zork..

Supsup?
"Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel."

#3 2012-04-30 22:44:16

Star ★
Pony
Starshine Trotter

It's no big deal. smile

#4 2012-04-30 23:10:54

SpazzyJamz
Everyone's Favorite Hyperactive Knucklehead Brony!

Sounds interesting smile I'm game

Facebook: (facebook.com/thespazman), PS3: (Captain_Spazzy), Twitter: (@ThatSpazzyKid)
You should add me! big_smile
^_^ Happily Taken ^_^
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-party-hardest.gif

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB