Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-11 13:37:36

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

To Acheron In Trotton

I'm new to RPing, and would like to get in on it. I'd like to start in Trotton, if anyone can write me in somehow. I have no Ideas for a name, or vocation.
I'll drop my ponysona and I'll see what you guys can think up seeing as you kind of started AgileCharge out.

Acheron187 wrote:

After hunting it down I found the Hub pony maker and this is the closest I could make that would actually looks like me. I'd consider myself a unicorn cause I see myself as a fairly creative person, I used the paint brush cause I do Photoshop stuff and I couldn't find anything based around computer art. I work hard for my parents, but not extreme enough to consider myself a Earthpony or Pegisai. This is my summer self and I wear flip flops all the time in the summer. Otherwise this is basically what I believe I would look like if I lived in Equestria.

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq24 … ponyv2.jpg

There's what I put for my info, and yeah lets see what anyone can think up

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#2 2012-05-11 17:34:31

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Re: To Acheron In Trotton

Acheron187 wrote:

I'm new to RPing, and would like to get in on it. I'd like to start in Trotton, if anyone can write me in somehow. I have no Ideas for a name, or vocation.
I'll drop my ponysona and I'll see what you guys can think up seeing as you kind of started AgileCharge out.

Acheron187 wrote:

After hunting it down I found the Hub pony maker and this is the closest I could make that would actually looks like me. I'd consider myself a unicorn cause I see myself as a fairly creative person, I used the paint brush cause I do Photoshop stuff and I couldn't find anything based around computer art. I work hard for my parents, but not extreme enough to consider myself a Earthpony or Pegisai. This is my summer self and I wear flip flops all the time in the summer. Otherwise this is basically what I believe I would look like if I lived in Equestria.

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq24 … ponyv2.jpg

There's what I put for my info, and yeah lets see what anyone can think up

Well this is this is for the Roll to Pony thread but you can just move it or just happen to show up as we're doing the mostly introduction thread right now. You could be a wandering artist coming to town for inspiration (or like Reb Brown's Captain America an Itinerant Cat Painter who makes creepy passes and asks awkward suspicious questions [ 9:55 ] tongue)

I personally like original characters like my Lunar Shine but if you're going the Ponysona route let me show show a lot of Arcane Flame's Background was generated. It was basically taking a few details exaggerating them and translating them to Equestria.

His Background:

First his Interests: IRL I spend a lot of time studying Religion, Mythology, and Magic (I'm an ADF Druid and plan on training the priesthood in the future) - I live in this: Pic I / Pic II. Much cleaned up and I have books archived in boxes now. But in any case since I spend a lot of time studying religion, myths, and practicing ritual magic. So transposing myself to Equestria I'd probably be an advanced studies student a Celestia's School in Canterlot.

His Cutie Mark & CM Story: That story with the flames is kind of inspired by a my grandfather who kind of initiated me onto a magical path by having me smoke mugwort and lead me into trance in front of a Bonfire. So for Arcane Flame he went through a much grander and exaggerated fantastical version.

His noble background: I came up with Arcane way before we did any RPs so I made him a noble. This was kind of a joke since some follower of "Prince Nicholas de Vere von Drakenberg" (actually a minor Scottish Baronet and one of the greatest spewers of straight out of the arse bullshit nonsense I have ever seen) tried to recruit me arguing that given my grandfather and some traits I was obviously a member of some great grand noble line. Here's a rehosted interview with him from years ago.

Let me Sum it up though:
Bullshit Bullshit noble bloodline of magicians that should rule the world Bullshit Bullshit blood of the gods Bullshit Bullshit starfire Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit only members of the bloodline can actually do magic Bullshit Bullshit Nazism was a peasant movement populated by the worst in German peasant scum. Its "Aryan" philosophy and aspirations were a complete joke, and its blind devotion to nationalistic jingoism was the height of psychological blindness and wishful thinking. You can't make genetic Aryans - a race of kings - out of a nation of genetic turnip-peasants. Bullshit Bullshit

For the record I saw his 'scholarly work' laughed my arse off and said basically BUCK NO!

As for Hoofington origin - originally it was because of Trixie mentioning it and a lot of Fannon making it her hometown, later one of my favorite fan fics FoE: Project Horizons made Hoofington even more awesome IMHO.

Personality: Arcane's personality is mostly made up using the noble bits with a dash of me and dashes of about four ponies: Trixie, Lyra, Prince Blueblood, and Twilight Sparkle. The hating of pegasi is mostly from 'Hearth's Warming Eve' if you notice Princess Platinum attacks Pegasi much more than Earth Ponies (Would rather be confused for an Earth Pony than a Pegasus, last word before being iced over is 'Pegasi are Brutes!'). It kind of makes sense in a nerd vs. jocks kind of way.

Canon Connections: Fanwank with a purpose - I can't have Arcane friends with Twilight as it wouldn't be canon and she was extremely reclusive while at Celestia's School but there was another mare who was there and by fannon shares a lot of weird interests that Arcane would be interested in as well. Lyra - in the first episode she was on the campus of Celestia's school and waved at Twilight (who ignored her) and she demonstrated a more than usual range of spells since she seems to know the cloud walking spell as she was the only unicorn outside the mane six seen in Cloudsdale in Sonic Rainboom. In Fannon she's obsessed with those mythical humans so her interests and eccentricities here would cross with Arcane and they would probably run into each other and become friends while Lyra was at Celestia's School. Sugar Grape again interested into lore stuff and he needed a Pegasi who could somewhat start to make him question his biases deep down.
Trixie: the Hoofington thing and I could definitely see him liking her for her.
Prince Blueblood: nobles are often very interbred so he's probably a 2nd or 3rd cousin or something like that.

So yea, in brief take some of your background then exaggerate it then place yourself in the setting of Equestria.

Now take some time and think of how your pony would go through a normal day. What are his long term goals & motivations (and what steps are he taking towards that end)? What does he do for fun? What is his job? et cetera.

Someone who has mod powers in this part of the forum might want to split the thread off.

Last edited by Arcane Flame (2012-05-11 18:38:48)

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#3 2012-05-11 19:14:06

Star ★
Pony
Starshine Trotter

Arcane Flame wrote:

Someone who has mod powers in this part of the forum might want to split the thread off.

You don't? .... weird, you didn't. Fixed!

#4 2012-05-11 19:25:31

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Starshine wrote:
Arcane Flame wrote:

You don't? .... weird, you didn't. Fixed!

Sweet thanks!

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#5 2012-05-11 22:24:33

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Arcane Flame had learn MODIFY! The real question is what skill did he forget in order to gain this one?

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#6 2012-05-11 23:04:41

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Lilac_Iris wrote:

Arcane Flame had learn MODIFY! The real question is what skill did he forget in order to gain this one?

Time Management obviously. tongue

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB