Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-11 01:34:21

Brickule

unread topics reading themselves.

When I log on, I see all the "unread post" markers, and, sometimes I don't get to read them all, so I come back later (sometimes only about 10 minutes later) and I refresh, and boom, all the topics are read.

Wat do?

#2 2012-07-11 01:36:59

andapanda
FluxBB bbcode test

Re: unread topics reading themselves.

Obviously you are suffering from bouts of amnesia were you are reading threads and then forgetting about them. or maybe our BBCODE god is not so infallible after all

you better shrek yo self before you dreck yo self

FluxBB bbcode test

#3 2012-07-11 01:53:59

Csquared08
Sing my song and become nothing.

Brickule wrote:

When I log on, I see all the "unread post" markers, and, sometimes I don't get to read them all, so I come back later (sometimes only about 10 minutes later) and I refresh, and boom, all the topics are read.

Wat do?

I agree. This happens to me on occasion as well, and it is rather bothersome.

"If all I care about in life is the imprints I make in this world, then the most I'll ever leave is a grave." - Lyra, Background Pony
Flutterlicious_Banner_Csquared08_Gift.png

#4 2012-07-11 08:37:17

edinpony
Life is an adventure!

This always happens to me -  as far as I can tell simply viewing a board causes the site to assume you've read all the posts. It's actually rather handy for not having to open threads I don't care about like that epic playlist thing.

#5 2012-07-11 08:58:42

surfwaxamerica
Four String

it's a ghost virus

Ko7yR.gif

#6 2012-07-11 09:43:13

Star ★
Pony
Starshine Trotter

I think it's because the forum thinks you looked at the unread topic list and said "oh never mind that". It deliberately marks everything as read after some timeout period.

I have been having the opposite problem - I'll open every thread in a new tab, so it SHOULD mark them all as read, but for some reason, sometimes it doesn't and I have to go back to the front page and mark all topics read.

One of these days I'm going to write that alternate front-end for the site that makes it look more like an imageboard, so I can just scroll down the front page and read all the new posts.

#7 2012-07-11 12:31:25

Brickule

edinpony wrote:

This always happens to me -  as far as I can tell simply viewing a board causes the site to assume you've read all the posts. It's actually rather handy for not having to open threads I don't care about like that epic playlist thing.

You know, at a the bottom of the forum there is a "mark all topics as read" button, this lets you clear everything after you read the good stuff.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB