Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-18 20:22:43

DuctToast
*shrug*

Signature limit?

I'm a bit new to the forum, but I've been in plenty of forums in my time to begin wondering; is there/should there be a limit to how big your signature can be? It's not really a huge problem, just an annoyance.

For instance, I chanced upon a user whose signature was made up of several .gifs that my computer took a while to load. Looking at it again, the signature took up about 3/4 of my screen space. Slows the scrolling process, to say the least.

Not that I have a problem with gifs or seeing ponies under posts, but it's just a bit annyoing to see really big images in the signature of every post someone makes. In a few forums I've been on, there was a rule set where the signature could only be 300-400px tall (Or something close)

Just my two cents. Any thoughts?

Urw08.pngVFYFn.pngz9eSE.png0vfHx.pngDThUB.png

#2 2012-07-19 01:07:20

Star ★
Pony
Starshine Trotter

Re: Signature limit?

I think it's mostly controlled anarchy here, heh. Personally, I have signature images turned off, so they just say <image>. I'm a bit of a weirdo I guess, as I spent a ton of time on various anonymous text boards where signatures and avatars and post counts don't exist, so to me, all that stuff just takes up extra space. Heck even 100 pixels for a signature seems like a lot to me.

#3 2012-07-19 07:21:39

edinpony
Life is an adventure!

Same here, signatures are turned off for me. Makes the whole board seem much cleaner. Nice avatar images on the side are all I need.

#4 2012-07-19 07:23:17

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

edinpony wrote:

Same here, signatures are turned off for me. Makes the whole board seem much cleaner. Nice avatar images on the side are all I need.

Wheres the fun in that?

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB