Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-26 23:01:31

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Trotton: A Jousting Good Time!

Anyways mentioned doing a secondary social Trotton thread a while back and here's my plan for it. It's going to be a festival hosted by Earl Nocturnal Flame for a visiting ambassador from the Crystal Empire and the Zebra (Roam) diplomat Xichi. As part of the festivities will be a traditional Joust (as seen in The Crystal Empire Part II).

Currently developing rules for this. So does anypony have an good recommendations on RPs or RP rules featuring Jousts?

So far seen the rules for Jousting in GURPS Compendium II (3rd Ed.) and D20 stuff in Mongoose Publishing's 'Gladiator - Sands of Death' and 'The Quintessential Fighter'.

Currently considering giving Earths defense bonuses (to avoid being flung back) and Pegasi attack bonuses (since well they are historically warriors and are the more active ponies) also bonuses for good role-playing since the sheer combat can be dull.

Also half considering a 'gladiator' fighting bout since there will be a Zebra ambassador from Roam who is already in town (and might make sense Dash is a Black Belt in Karate and there is a Dojo in Ponyville so hoof to hoof combat to a KO would probably exist too).

The Joust will be the main show though as it's something I've wanted to do for a while. Also I'm considering having actual prizes like a $10 code I got for iTunes from a little promotion thingy and possibly some random small stuff like a cheap steam game of the winners choice.

So thoughts?

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#2 2013-06-29 00:55:16

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: Trotton: A Jousting Good Time!

I'm thinking this sounds like a good idea smile now all I need is a character

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#3 2013-06-29 20:13:34

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Sunny shall make a great jouster!!

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#4 2013-07-14 00:55:53

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

I'll hopefully be getting this up and semi-running next week. Found a great book called Tournaments, Fairs, And Taverns which is for d20 based systems but has a lot special rules for the games which I can easily adapt and have an decent fair with some side games running around the Joust event.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#5 2013-07-15 20:39:14

Ember Swift
Newfound Fan of WaterFire

I can use my crystal pony for this.  Woot

Forum_sig.png
                                 My OC Ponies: Midnight Jewel, Ember Swift
My DeviantArt

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB