Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-25 22:06:20

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Littlest Pet Shop

I'm actually kind of excited for this, so I figured I'd be the one to make the thread.
The Promo:

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#2 2012-10-25 22:37:51

Arct1k
I am your god.

Re: Littlest Pet Shop

meh...

Luna

#3 2012-10-25 23:09:57

Fire Blossom

Meh

TwitterPonies:Fire Blossom, Silver Note
thorn_standing_r_by_lewa008-d7xmgr5.gifblossom_looking_nice_l_by_lewa008-d7xmh01.gif

#4 2012-10-25 23:45:28

razza
better than u

dammit

qkKhugh.png

#5 2012-10-26 00:05:51

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Appearently it's airing right after the MLP season 3 launch episodes, also Tabitha St. Germain voices the skunk Pepper Clark.
MY EXCITEMENT HAS JUST GONE UP!

Welcome to the Madness(Marture/Dark RP)REBOOT!!! - http://forums.bucked.org/viewtopic.php?id=2975
Fashion_pony_banner.png

#6 2012-10-30 17:15:00

Nonstop
IWTCIRD

One of the best things about bronydom was it was so unexpected and unintentional on hasbro and the hubs part. revamping lps, casting it with mlp people and airing it right after the ponies premiere.. just way too obvious to me hub n hasbro are purposefully trying to make more bucks off us.  im sure ill watch it at some point but the preview didnt grab my attention.

#7 2012-10-30 17:39:53

Dragonsblood
Best Fence

Nonstop wrote:

One of the best things about bronydom was it was so unexpected and unintentional on hasbro and the hubs part. revamping lps, casting it with mlp people and airing it right after the ponies premiere.. just way too obvious to me hub n hasbro are purposefully trying to make more bucks off us.  im sure ill watch it at some point but the preview didnt grab my attention.

Why does the idea a toy company that makes shows based off toys as a way to get toys sold might be trying to make money off people seem to shock you?

#8 2012-10-30 19:52:35

Octavia
ERMAHGERD MEWSICS!

I'll probably give the show a try to at least say I did. I don't think I'll like it like I do FiM. But it's worth giving a look at at least. Unlike ponies though, I wasn't a big fan of LPS earlier on. Like I was with the first generation of MLP.

1360034409219_zpscd99feba.gif

#9 2012-10-31 12:52:14

DuctToast
*shrug*

I already said it on the Season 3 Preimere Party thread (Which got way off topic really fast) but I'm game to give LPS a chance, just as I am with most any piece of media. I'm not expecting to be a huge fan, but I'll see how the preimere goes. Hopefully we can have an intelligent discussion about what makes it good/bad after it airs.

Urw08.pngVFYFn.pngz9eSE.png0vfHx.pngDThUB.png

#10 2012-10-31 15:52:46

Bigjoe
Average Joe

Can't say much except that I hope it does good. I'd like to see how the music is.

#11 2012-11-02 02:45:17

Octavia
ERMAHGERD MEWSICS!

Bigjoe wrote:

Can't say much except that I hope it does good. I'd like to see how the music is.

With Daniel composing the music for it, this aspect of the show really interests me as well.

1360034409219_zpscd99feba.gif

#12 2012-11-09 13:36:02

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

I'm having a family wide party just for this I even downloaded the party pack on the Hub site just for this, we're gonna color and sh#t and it's gonna be awesome!

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#13 2012-11-18 08:12:27

Midnight_Fyre

Here's my take on the show, which I posted on another site.  This is based just on the two part premier, not including the third episode which I haven't seen:

Finally got around to seeing it. Well, the humor was very good. At time I found myself laughing at it harder than I usually do at FiM. Unfortunately, that's all the show really has going for it. The animation is nothing special. The music (both songs and BGM) I found pretty cringeworthy for the most part. It may be Daniel Ingram, but you can tell that they've instructed him to go in a different direction for this show, and I don't care for it. The mean sisters were just annoying. Plus it lacks three important things from FiM. 1. The cuteness factor. The ponies are cute. The pets are not really that cute. 2. The fantasy element. The ponies live in their own world, with magic, dragons, etc., and that world is constantly being built on. The pets live in a pretty standard city. Never in LPS will we see a villain like Discord or a crystalline civilization. 3. The charm factor. I find that the two shows are a little similar in the sense that they both deal with a character moving to a new place and learning to fit in. But the way they deal with this is different. The focus in FiM is friendship, and that is charming. The focus in LPS is, well, I haven't really figured it out yet. However, nothing I've seen in the pilot to LPS indicates it has the charm of FiM, as we saw in that pilot with the teamwork to defeat NMM or the restoration of Luna.

Last edited by Midnight_Fyre (2012-11-18 08:14:41)

#14 2012-11-18 09:11:16

JasonTheHuman

For the most part, I agree with Midnight_Fyre's review. The show was pretty good, but I don't think it has the same charm as My Little Pony, partly due to being a more standard premise.

The characters were actually kind of hard to tell apart. I felt like the first episodes of My Little Pony give you a pretty solid introduction for the main characters, and you can remember their basic traits. I couldn't really keep track of the names or personalities of each of the pets. I think I actually liked Blythe more than the animals.

The music was decent. Daniel Ingram said in an interview that the different direction is his own idea. The show is in a modern, urban setting, which just lends itself to a different style of music than My Little Pony. And I do feel like that setting is what makes it less interesting. Then again, My Little Pony has had more time for worldbuilding.

I might keep watching it occasionally, but I don't think it will ever have much of a dedicated fanbase like MLP. The stories are fairly standard, but I think the humor and writing can carry them - kind of like how MLP works, really. I just won't be buying any merchandise.

uOTvi.png

#15 2012-11-18 10:44:46

Nonstop
IWTCIRD

I watched it, and liked it better than I thought I would. However I dont see myself buying merch of it, or setting my DVR to record it, or joining any group of fans the show might have haha. If theres a fanbase to be had of it, it seems almost forced, and I akin it'd be mostly younger people some of whom might be "trendy bronies" (dunno how to explain what i mean there). Anyways yeah it wasn't too bad, and I can see the appeal.

#16 2012-11-18 11:01:00

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

Nonstop wrote:

I watched it, and liked it better than I thought I would. However I dont see myself buying merch of it, or setting my DVR to record it, or joining any group of fans the show might have haha. If theres a fanbase to be had of it, it seems almost forced, and I akin it'd be mostly younger people some of whom might be "trendy bronies" (dunno how to explain what i mean there). Anyways yeah it wasn't too bad, and I can see the appeal.

It is a lot like my love for Pound Puppies, it's a good show were I would collect light amount of merch. I have most of the Mc Ds toys and 3 of the main characters in the actual toy, only LPS I'll probably get unless We Love Fine suddenly gets a Zoey Trent T-Shirt in mens sizes.

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#17 2012-12-28 10:04:47

Acheron187
Everyday I'm Pinkieing!

16:16- Nonstop, why are you in Downtown City working as an ice cream server?

Fashion_pony_banner.png

#18 2012-12-28 12:26:59

TwilightZora
The most loving pony in Equestria <3

#19 2013-04-19 23:16:29

De Duck

First time I saw it I hated it. Still do. I'll go back to MLP:FIM.

#20 2013-07-06 00:29:35

Wi

I'll never collect mech for a childrens show but anyway:

I actually like LPS more than MLP, and I didn't even go into LPS expecting to like it as much.

I do hope bronies would give it a shot beyond the pilot episodes, I mean even the MLP pilot episodes were probably the worst of its series.

One of the posters mentioning not understanding the 'agenda' in LPS. Wasn't he even listening? Its about being yourself no matter the criticism. MLP has the friendship thing but c'mon, theyre only friends out of duty. In LPS you have quirky yet very ambitious pets, but because they're pets they find it hard to be taken seriously, its about overcomig that barrier.

I'm not the only one to say this; the humour in LPS is definately better than MLP. MLP is damn funny but LPS has a level of wit to it in how a joke can start at the beginning of the episode with the punchline not appearing till about midway.

The songs in LPS are INFINITELY more ambitious than MLP, I'd go as far as to state that as a fact. GRANTED the song in the pilot was very very standard especially when compared to any of the MLP songs, but the subsequent episodes hold a abadunce of music genre: Classical, Jersey Boy, Techno, a Hammer Time remix (yes the MC hammer!!) Blues, even Bollywood!!

Similar to the animation in MLP; the animation in LPS holds narrative beyond the dialogue. As characters are conversing, there are other characters doing something relevant in the background. MLP admittedly does it better but LPS still pulls it off, and considering its only finished season 1 I cant wait to see what else they have in store.

The animals in LPS are a lot less circle-jerky than MLP. Every other episodes there are guest pets who contribute to an episode without it having to be focussed around them, and some of them are pretty cool (Sugar Sprinkles i.e Stoner Cat, no srsly youtube this cat and see if she might have mixed up a sugar sack with a cocaine sack cuz this cat is HIGH).

At the very least you could watch it whilst waiting for the next MLP episode. Personally, te fact that MLP has such an epic fandom kinda puts me off, which is why LPS was a nice break from it. But I'm
now a fan of LPS and cant wait until season 2.

LPS isnt status quo (I mean c'mon, with the exception of season 3 mlp is pretty status quosy, even when the ponies have saved equestria twice they are still treated like commoners).
That said, the episodes in LPS I feel are a lot less unpredictable.
Without spoiling: the season finale of LPS season 1 has pretty much flagged a big change oin the status quo, because one of the characters spent season 1 trying to achieve something and finally did so at the end of the finale and has now disappeared, its a lil bit of a cliff hanger because their disappearence could drastically change the Pet Shop and we wont know how until they return at the beginning of season 2!

Im not saying this is an epic show or that you should like it more than MLP but its very similar in its own cool way, and has pretty much the same conposers, animators and even some voice actors from MLP, so why not?

#21 2013-07-06 00:35:10

Wi

Also to add: its absolute bolderdash to say LPS isnt reaching for adults. Just one episode has references to MC Hammer, Star Trek and even bloody Pulp Fiction.

There are definately maturer themes than the typical childrens show. Dating is mentioned in both positive and negative contexts (the main girls father is single, he also provides a lot of humour to show, whoever did the animation for his dance deserves a medal).

Theres even a surprisingly gory scene in one of the later episodes. No you will NOT see it coming and YES there is BLOOD and I'm surprised it was allowed but man it was cool!

#22 2013-07-06 00:38:09

Wi

*Whoops, I meant that the LPS episodes are MORE unpredictable

#23 2013-08-04 19:32:27

Bud_Pony

Not that good, but its still fun to watch.

/Nikki Oliver steals the show as Zoe. She's that damn good in this. Worth watching just for her character alone.

"Since your real life is a greater nightmare then your dreams, It would be cruel to pretend that anyone could help you." - Johnny Got His Gun

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB