Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#101 2014-01-29 10:56:23

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Re: [Trot] (Social) Trotton Rekindled (Open)

(Rolling for Blizzard, -2 for inexperience. Rolled a 3, so 3-2=1)

Alright Blizzard, no time like the present.

"Okay..... Ready.....Set....GO!" The pegasus shouted across the field to Mara before she began galloping as fast as she could.

The zebra had be right about running with the lance, it was weighing her down and Blizzard had to do her best with her wings to aid in balance. Galloping forward as fast as she could Blizzard Saw Mara approaching, the Zebra quickly coming closer and closer. when they was just a pony length between them Blizzard's instincts overrode her resolve. She closed her eyes and veered off to the right away from Mara, at the same time ducking forward in an attempt to get under the approaching lance, causing her own to dig into the ground.

The pegasus felt as the lance put a brief halt to all motion on her left side before snapping into splinters. The ice blue mare then slid for a few more feet before coming to a full stop.

"I'm okay."  she called out as she began taking stock of the situation.

Sooooooooooooooo, this is gonna be harder then I thought........ cloudcakes.

I walk a thin line between insane and completely out of my mind.
Normal is boring.

#102 2014-01-30 23:20:44

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

==============
Trotton Maneor,
Front Door
==============

Lance frowned for a moment, but then decided to smile. "I tried air breakdancing one time. It... did not turn out well. I'm just not built with that kind of maneuverability. Anyhow, is the lord of the maneor in?"

"Da.. I mean he's busy", the gray mare replied, "I'm Lunar Shine, I'm the assistanacnes thing of his son. If this is about my bar tab just forward it to Arcane... but tell the mailmare to put in between a few of the other bills."

==============
Trotton Maneor,
Arcane's Room
==============

((OOC: Yep they are.))

As Dazzle seemed to be lost in thought Disguise quickly smacked a picture of a lounging pegasus mare who looked very much like herself out of the way and under some books as her face slightly reddened.

Upon the page Blizzard read an entry describing briefly the family history of Arcane's mother Shimmering Shield, the late Countess of Hoofington. The text was rather dry describing her family as decedent from the legendary Sun Shimmer from the Crystal Empire who had initiated a 'Friendship Ball' and established a greater treaty of alliance and trade with the Kingdom of Equestria. Following the ascent of Sombra and the disappearance of the Empire she married into the Equestrian Elite forming the house of Shimmer. The entry then mentioned Shimmering Shield's parents the Baroness of Sunbury, Star Shimmer and her husband the Baron Shining Sun. Next followed a list of their several daughters which included Shimmering Shield. This section however had a rather large cross through it and at the bottom of the page was scrawled: 'Lies.'

===============
The Training Field
===============

"I'm okay."  Blizzard called out as she began taking stock of the situation.

Mara sighed and trotted over to the collapsed mare with another wooden lance. "Keep your eyes open and fill yourself with the courage worthy of Hurricane." Mara replied then pulled out a small bottle of Apple Whiskey which she offered to Blizzard, "Some liquid courage might help a first timer too."

((OOC: Sorry for the delay))

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#103 2014-02-02 10:17:00

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

Blizzard looked up at the zebra and then to the offered bottle of apple whiskey.

Ah drinking, now that is something I can do

The Pegasus reached out her forego of and took the small bottle, drinking a few swallows of the burning liquid.

"Thanks" she said as she handed the bottle back to Mara. Blizzard took a few breaths to calm herself down before finally standing back up and with the help of her wings removing the stump of the shattered lance and replacing it with the one the zebra had given her.

"Alright, I think I can do this." The ice blue mare spoke as she trotted back to her starting position, as much to try ad reassure herself as anything else.

"Alright Blizzard, you can do this." She whispered to herself. "Don't back down, don't be afraid." Changing her volume to Mara she shouted.

"Why don't you start this time? I'm ready when you are."

Normal is boring.

#104 2014-02-03 00:12:59

Night's Honor
Itinerant Mystic

Arcane Flame wrote:

"Da.. I mean he's busy", the gray mare replied, "I'm Lunar Shine, I'm the assistanacnes thing of his son. If this is about my bar tab just forward it to Arcane... but tell the mailmare to put in between a few of the other bills."

"I assure you that Canterlot has no interest in your bar tab, ma'am." Lance furrowed his brow for a moment, then his eyes lit up. "Say, you wouldn't happen to be free right now? I would be in your debt if you could help me to familiarize myself with the area. May I come in?"

((OOC: Roughly how old is everypony in this scenario? Lance was designed as a fourth-year colt, only ~18 in human years.))

#105 2014-02-05 14:18:44

TheBerchie

As Dazzle read the page that he was on, he was surprised by the history lesson that text has given.

Ok, so this family is a descendent of Sun Shimmer? So, in short in means that this family really is noble or elites. However, if that’s the case, then why is there a cross through it and that message at the bottom? Did this Arcane pony believe in something else? Though I guess he could have found something in all of these books that he is reading….

As much as the unicorn try, he couldn’t piece this thing together. Then again, he did just start with the investigation. Though, just like any investigation, he needed more information.

Dazzle turned to Disguise and said, “Hey Disguise, what do you know about the relationship of Arcane and his family?”

(OOC: Hey guys, sorry I have not posted in the last few days. I had to go on a cross country road trip to the west coast to get my computer back from the leprechaun who stole it. Well, to answer Night’s Honor’s question, Dazzle is around 19 human years old. By the way, Arcane Flame, in your last post you said that Blizzard was reading the history book, and Dazzle)

I am not crazy!
My reality is just different than yours....

#106 2014-02-05 20:49:49

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

///////////////////////////////////
The Training Field

"Why don't you start this time? I'm ready when you are."

"Then charge!" Mara replied and charged forward and solidly hit Blizzard (19 / 6 Strike)

((OOC: Ok here is how the tournament thing might work both strike at the same time.

Basic pony with basic armor is going to be 14 to solidly hit and break a lance on a d20. Pegasi and Zebra will get Dexterity bonuses of +2 so to solidly hit Mara or Blizzard one has to roll 16 on a d20 roll.

On a hit the attacker roll a d8 for the strike's power for a Knock Back Check. To not be knocked back through the air (equivalent of unhorsing) one has to roll higher than 5 + the strike. In this case it is 11 - so Blizzard has to roll higher than 11 to stay on her hooves. But Blizzard will be doing her strike at the same time so it is possible for both to be knocked back. Basic Earth Ponies will get a +2 against being knocked back so it would be 3+ the strike. So if it was 6 it would be 9 or above on a d20 to avoid being knocked back.

Depending on the Roleplay various modifiers can added such as bonuses for being defensive and what not.

Points which will come into play for actual games with three passes.
1 point for touch (10 or above on a d20 that isn't a solid hit).
5 points for shattered lance (a solid hit)
10 points for a knock back (solid hit and opponent fails their knock back check)

Is this too complicated? For a simpler system we could just roll d20s and compare if the difference is greater than 10 the loser is knocked back, greater than 5 broken laces on both, less than five broken lance for the winner (With Earths getting a +2 & Pegasi & Zebra +1)

Also D&D dice roller for those without physical dice))

Trotton Maneor
Front Door

"I assure you that Canterlot has no interest in your bar tab, ma'am." Lance furrowed his brow for a moment, then his eyes lit up. "Say, you wouldn't happen to be free right now? I would be in your debt if you could help me to familiarize myself with the area. May I come in?"

"Certainly!" cooed the drunken mare gesturing to Lance into the main entrance hall which had four stark pillars and and gray stone walls and flooring. There is a green carpet running a path through the middle of the hall and it is uncommonly bare with only a few antique couches and tapestries.

"This room used to look a bit better", Lunar said a bit nervously, "but I had some issues I don't want to talk about and a lot of that stuff is out for cleaning and repair."

Trotton Maneor
Arcane's Room

Dazzle turned to Disguise and said, “Hey Disguise, what do you know about the relationship of Arcane and his family?”

"I've kind of been away for about a thousand years," Disguise replied, "that said from what I know Arcane's rather arrogant and kind of foolish. He also rather dislikes pegasi which allowed me to have some fun with him which turned kind of awkward later... anyways while he was living here he was investigating some weird magical energies and disappearances of some ponies. He disappeared himself for a while then just came back and has been a little weird ever since. There are some rumors about his family such as claims that Arcane had a twin that was disposed of but that doesn't seem like Arcane's father who is rather nice. There are also the standard rumors about all the upper class families such as the Earl being a bit close to Xichi the Legate from Roam, which I certainly don't blame him since he's been alone since his wife passed years ago. The Shimmers had some rumors of infidelity and of course there is the whole nasty business of Princess Celestia's other former protégé."

(( OOC: As for ages I tend to just go with ponies having human years or not really touching on it since the age scale is a little wonky for animals that become adults at age four and can live into their 50s or 60s (although most live around 25-30 years). We're talking about colorful intelligent ponies who built a civilization to me it comparing them with horses is like trying to compare Humans and Chimps (who have a similar age range living into their 50s or 60s at best) as for age approximates - Arcane, Lunar Shine, and Disguise* would be around human early 20s, Misty Early 30s, Mara around 19, Dusk late 30s, (Ambassador from the Crystal Empire) Masquerade* Mid 40s,  (Earl of Hoofington) Nocturnal Flame and (Legatus Of Roam) Xichi 50s.

and no problem with being occupied I tend to have issue myself due to work from time to time.))

*Not factoring the time they were out of history))

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#107 2014-02-07 02:01:17

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

(OOC: rolled a 6 for the attack and 2 for the knockback, so miss and Blizzard goes flying)

"Then charge!" Mara replied and charged forward

Blizzard began charging forward, putting all her effort into it.

Alright Blizzard, Don't back down, we got this

As they cam closer Blizzard didn't veer off this time, but her lance still went off target, though Mara's did not.

Blizzard felt the force of Mara's lance against her shield the force sending the pegasus flipping onto her back, staring up at the sky as splinter of lance fell down.

"So I guess that makes it one - nothing?" The Ice Blue Mare ended with a sigh.

Normal is boring.

#108 2014-02-08 19:42:13

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

"So I guess that makes it one - nothing?" The Ice Blue Mare ended with a sigh.

"Actually," Mara replied, "It's ten to nothing. Ten because you were knocked back. It is also five points for a broken lance and one for a touch both of which you failed to do. There is no shame in not doing well your first time."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#109 2014-02-11 10:53:16

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"Actually," Mara replied, "It's ten to nothing. Ten because you were knocked back. It is also five points for a broken lance and one for a touch both of which you failed to do. There is no shame in not doing well your first time."

"That's what she said." Blizzard retorted with a weak chuckle as she rolled over and began to stand.

"I wouldn't be as worries if I didn't have to joust THIS EVENING!" The pegasus stomped a forehoof in frustration, "Can I maybe practice hitting a dummpy target? how much does the owner like these statues? these lance don't seem to cause that much damage."

Normal is boring.

#110 2014-02-11 22:58:43

TheBerchie

Dazzle absorb the information that Disguise just gave to him. There was a lot to think about, not to mention just more questions. Lucky for him, he had just the pony for that.

Looking back at Disguise, Dazzle said, “I wonder if Arcane left any notes on what he was investigating before he disappeared, maybe a journal or something. Also, do you know where Arcane is? Because I feel like he is just going to pop up in that door way any second while we are in here looking through his stuff. It would also be a good idea to ask him about this too, but that can wait.”

Then a question ran through Dazzle’s mind that he probably should’ve asked sooner, “What happened to Princess Celestia's other former protégé, by the way?”

I am not crazy!

#111 2014-02-12 02:25:02

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

The Training Field

"That's what she said." Blizzard retorted with a weak chuckle as she rolled over and began to stand.

"I wouldn't be as worries if I didn't have to joust THIS EVENING!" The pegasus stomped a forehoof in frustration, "Can I maybe practice hitting a dummpy target? how much does the owner like these statues? these lance don't seem to cause that much damage."

"I suppose I could set up a windmill tilt." Mara replied ignoring the poor joke. " There is one over on the side there - it is in essence a practice target."

Trotton Maneor
Arcane's Room

Looking back at Disguise, Dazzle said, “I wonder if Arcane left any notes on what he was investigating before he disappeared, maybe a journal or something. Also, do you know where Arcane is? Because I feel like he is just going to pop up in that door way any second while we are in here looking through his stuff. It would also be a good idea to ask him about this too, but that can wait.”

Then a question ran through Dazzle’s mind that he probably should’ve asked sooner, “What happened to Princess Celestia's other former protégé, by the way?”

"I haven't found anything," Disguise replied, "Not that I was really looking. And you haven't heard of Sunset Shimmer? I guess it might have been bigger news up in the Empire since she tried to invade the Crystal Castle with an army from beyond our world. From what I found out later she was Princess Celestia's protégé. Skilled and Smart but not very social. After Celestia showed her the Magic Mirror one day she saw something in it and became obsessed with it. A rift grew between her and Celestia over the mirror and then one night she broke into the Dark Magic section of the Canterlot Castle Library and accessing among other things the Black Book of Horrors. She disappeared that night and what happen to her was a mystery. She wasn't heard from again until she attempted to lead an army through the mirror. Presumably she disappeared through that mirror that night and is still on the other side."

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#112 2014-02-17 01:14:59

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"I suppose I could set up a windmill tilt." Mara replied " There is one over on the side there - it is in essence a practice target."

"Why didn't you say so earlier?" Blizard said as she got to her feet. "Come on, there's no way I can lose to a windmill!"

Normal is boring.

#113 2014-02-20 18:22:03

TheBerchie

“…Presumably she disappeared through that mirror that night and is still on the other side."

Dazzle listened to this tale about Sunset Shimmer. Wait would that make Sunset Shimmer part of the House of Shimmer? Dazzle thought he should ask, but he had more important things to do. Such as, finding information about those weird magical energies and the disappearances of ponies that Arcane most have taken.

“Well, I say the next best thing that we should do is try and find those notes that Arcane have taken before disappearing himself. I just hope that information is still around.” Dazzle said that last part more for wishful thinking than to Disguise. Then he started looking for those notes.

I am not crazy!

#114 2014-02-26 19:46:00

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

The Training Field

"Why didn't you say so earlier?" Blizard said as she got to her feet. "Come on, there's no way I can lose to a windmill!"

"So you say," Mara replied, "but may have said that only to not gallop fast enough and be hit in the rump."

Trotton Maneor
Arcane's Room

Dazzle while searching for Arcane's notes came across a picture of a yellow pegasus mare with a mane a rainbow of dark green to chartreuse lounging in a suggestive pose. The mare's tongue was sticking out in a teasing fashion in contrast to her pose. Next to it was a book of notes describing weird energy fluxuations and with a last entry cursing a mare named Lunar Shine for being utterly drunk and an incident were Arcane had knocked himself out in an attempt to get her sober. The last sentence mentioned heading to the fair and trying to drag the one again drunk Lunar Shine along.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#115 2014-03-20 10:17:28

Lilac_Iris
To the Internetmobile!

"Hit in the rump? What are you gonna do? Spank me if I don't do well enough?" Blizzard said in confusion, it seemed jousting was weirder then she tought.

Normal is boring.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB