Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-24 13:38:20

smileyssd

Cutie mark crusaders mission accomplished.

This is a speculation thread on the cutie mark crusaders, I would like to know your thoughts on if the CMC will ever get there cutie marks in the show. If so how long do you want it to take, should each of them get there own episode on it, if so who should get theirs first, how many episodes should be in between. What should their cutie marks be, and stuff like that.

#2 2014-02-24 13:52:22

Re: Cutie mark crusaders mission accomplished.

Nope. Blank flanks as long as the show airs, maybe hint at it in the series finale or do a time skip.

#3 2014-02-24 16:39:51

thepine
...I'd like to be a tree.

I agree that they should never get their marks in FiM. Their entire character is based around finding it and their potential. Maybe in the very end of the last episode like 'Merch just said but even that depends on how and I see a lot of upset fans.

Maybe gen 5 can have them as adults with marks? But somehow I see gen 5 being a complete reboot and without Faust starting it I see it going back to the same *cringe* overcute girl stereotype show.

http://thepine.deviantart.com/
If Fluttershy falls in the woods does she make a sound?
153038_safe_rainbow_2_Bdash_applejack_photo_pony.png

#4 2014-02-24 16:44:19

Naki
Sup.

The problem with making them never gain it is that they merely remain as comic relief and will eventually grow stale as characters. There can be plenty of conflict when they each get their respective mark. Sweetie Belle, for instance, could have conflict between being a great singer but having to fight the possibility that she may not be the best around, or even conflict with favoritism which can lead to potential jealousy (something that can be taught against). There's a lot of growth in those fillies if they actually decide to give them their marks, which is why I don't think they should stay blanks forever. They get their own episodes, so of their own right, they're still just as important as the Mane 6, which is why they need to grow as characters as well.

#5 2014-02-24 17:29:50

Captain Fireass wrote:

The problem with making them never gain it is that they merely remain as comic relief and will eventually grow stale as characters. There can be plenty of conflict when they each get their respective mark. Sweetie Belle, for instance, could have conflict between being a great singer but having to fight the possibility that she may not be the best around, or even conflict with favoritism which can lead to potential jealousy (something that can be taught against). There's a lot of growth in those fillies if they actually decide to give them their marks, which is why I don't think they should stay blanks forever. They get their own episodes, so of their own right, they're still just as important as the Mane 6, which is why they need to grow as characters as well.

How about compromise? Baby-steps.

Fluttershy will always be shy and anxious, but that doesn't make her stale. Everything that stays the same in the show becomes stale eventually. The CMC being full of limitless potential kind of makes them the opposite of stale.

I'm surprised people aren't claiming the mane 6 are stale or the show itself is stale. For all it's talk of character progression, the only immediately notable instance is Twilight Sparkle, but only because she gained a title and wings.

The others are basically the same as when the series started. They learn a lesson at the end of the episodes, but rarely do those lessons actually stick.

#6 2014-02-24 17:38:13

Star ★
Pony
Starshine Trotter

MysteriousMerchPony wrote:

I'm surprised people aren't claiming the mane 6 are stale or the show itself is stale.

I've heard claims like that, mostly from people who more or less moved on to other stuff after around season 2 or so. If you mostly surround yourself with people who are big fans of the show, I would imagine that makes you less likely to hear that sort of thing.

#7 2014-02-24 20:36:05

smileyssd

I am more of with captain fiery on this one. I think they should get there marks, also I think it should be over a season or two for them all to get their marks. Like 8 or 10 episodes between them getting their marks.

#8 2014-02-24 20:49:10

Naki
Sup.

The real reason that a lot of the Mane 6 hasn't gone stale yet has been because they've managed to fit in plenty of story material and conflict with the virtues they already have. The CMC's don't have virtues to fight with, so by default, they have to resort to "Gee Brain, What are we gonna do tonight?". Don't get me wrong. There's been a lot of character development with the 3 of them, and Scootaloo's has been my favorite so far. If all 3 of them had marks, it'd be pretty easy to toss some great conflict in there. Consider something happening if two of them got their marks with one of them still not having one. The conflict being the 3rd feeling like she's left behind, and the lesson of: "You'll always be you, our friend, no matter what."

I'm not trying to undermine your statement. I don't think they're stale just yet. Belle still has some things to work with, and Scootaloo has a LOT of development possibilities still. I think Bloom is the only one who really doesn't have a whole lot as they throw her into Apple Family episodes by default, unlike Sweetie Belle who isn't seen a whole lot around Rarity (or Scoots with Dash even).

As for 8-10 episodes? No. That's a bit overkill imo. If we're still using the Mane 6 in coming episodes, then we still need to focus on them as well. They're getting character development, albeit slowly. Granted we have like 5 more seasons, which is plenty of time for the three of them. For all we know they have more plans for the CMC's in the long run.

#9 2014-03-23 14:43:29

Spiritotter

I hope they do get their marks but at the same time I kinda hope they don't. I like them as is for the moment, but I've always been curious about what their cutie marks would be, And there could be a lot of interesting story once they do have their cutie marks but I've always seen them as some one who's still discovering who they are and what they want to do with their lives, which is something you figure out over a long period of time. We have seen in the show they have made some steps in the right direction judging by these past few episode, but I say there's no rush as long as they continue to be entertaining.

Last edited by Spiritotter (2014-03-23 14:48:18)

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB