Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-16 18:29:43

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Too Many Pinkie Pies!!!!

Since this seems very much inspired by G1's Enchanted Mirror here is the story from MLP Issue #1!

MLP001_08.jpg
MLP001_09.jpg

So this was their explanation for the Baby Ponies which were identical to their 'mothers' - they were clones created by the mirror. This was a bizarre way to side step sex and romance. Although later on in G1 we have hints of romance with Slugger's crush on Buttons (and all the damn innuendo). Later on still Pony Families turned up (like the Apple Delight Family) and there were always random babies who weren't clones like Cuddles and Tumbleweed.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#2 2012-11-17 09:10:01

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Re: Too Many Pinkie Pies!!!!

Episode was awesome and I liked the callbacks. More later since I need to head off but:

TPP-Daring_doo.jpg

Dashie Reading Daring Do!

TPP-FancyPants.jpg

Fancy Pants Returns!

TPP-Ohgods.jpg

Oh gods what is this?

TPP-g3.jpg

G3 Pinkie - masterful! They altered the commercial so it came as a surprise. And the paint drying reminded me of Meet the Ponies...

TPP-LyraJelly.jpg

I think some pony is jelly now.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#3 2012-11-18 09:00:10

JasonTheHuman

I can't believe there aren't more people discussing the latest episode of My Little Pony on this forum for fans of My Little Pony.

Being a Pinkie Pie episode, I expected it to be more of a pure-comedy type of story, but I also think that (real) Pinkie Pie showed some good character development. She realized pretty quickly how much of a nuisance all of her clones were and maybe learned a lesson about responsibility... But retaining lessons? In this show? HA!

Also, when Rainbow Dash actually questioned how Pinkie was able to defy gravity and jump into a pool slowly... I think that Dash is just now learning that Pinkie Pie isn't quite normal. How she failed to notice is beyond me.

And, somewhere in Ponyville, Orangefrog is still out there. Watching. Waiting.

154127__safe_animated_magic_spoiler-s03e03_too-many-pinkie-pies_frog_orange_orange-frog_orangified.gif

uOTvi.png

#4 2012-11-18 10:23:38

Naki
Sup.

They need to give Dash a different Daring Do to read though. Sapphire Stone's been done already. xD

#5 2012-11-18 10:47:10

Nonstop
IWTCIRD

Loved it, thought it was hilarious, however I kind of got the feeling they're making Pinkie Pie even more neurotic this season just to appeal to us bronies?

#6 2012-11-18 12:34:09

Ahuizotl
Crusader

This episode gave me a headache.

#7 2012-11-18 17:39:36

JasonTheHuman

Nonstop wrote:

Loved it, thought it was hilarious, however I kind of got the feeling they're making Pinkie Pie even more neurotic this season just to appeal to us bronies?

Well, I don't think that we've ever gone back to the peak of insanity that was Party of One... Well, Pinkie hasn't. Twilight was worse than that in Lesson Zero.

I think that the humor has been better than average in Season Three so far, and of course Pinkie is showing it most of all since she's the most cartoony and crazy of any of them. And funnier writing definitely isn't a bad thing. Plus, like I said, she pretty quickly regretted what she had done in this episode, which is showing her getting a bit more conscientious and responsible. Responsibility has been Pinkie's biggest lesson she needs to learn - look at Baby Cakes or A Friend In Deed.

uOTvi.png

#8 2012-11-18 21:57:50

Bigjoe
Average Joe

This was a damn good episode. I was very entertained the whole time. Also, it goes to show that Pinkie does have more character than just being "happy" or "silly" the whole time.
PINKIE PIE FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

#9 2012-11-18 22:38:14

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

D'aaawwww! Rainbow Dash has a Soarin' watch.

RD_Watch_Sorin.png

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

#10 2012-11-19 12:27:31

DuctToast
*shrug*

I liked just about everything in this episode. The comedy was a bit higher tier than normal, the pacing was done well, and they pulled off the whole Mirror pond thing really well. In the commercials, I was ready for something really stupid like a curse on Pinkie Pie or something else that's explainable and cliche, but the concept was done well. You could tell Pinkie's intentions were good from the start and it wrapped up pretty well. Everything was just crazy enough.

Urw08.pngVFYFn.pngz9eSE.png0vfHx.pngDThUB.png

#11 2012-11-19 14:45:37

chaoticpix93
This Space Left Unintentionally Blank

I've totally forgotten my habits in this long ponyless summer. I forgot i normally come in here with my own synopsis...

1. Orange Frog. Thought of Bertie Bot's orange frogs...
2. Pinkie's Dilemna is my Con Dilemna, I have so many friends and I swim in so many circles of people I miss out on 90% of everything that happens.
3. We have finally achieved the Clone sitcom trope.
4. So much Pinkie Pie... <3
5. Watching paint dry. Haha.
6. Weird feeling that we don't have the original pinkie back.
7. Augmented by the fact that Dash drops her unceremoniously on the floor stage left. She's last one stage right.
8. The G3 face. big_smile Awesome.
9. FINGERS!!!
10. Pinkie Pie's defy of gravity falling into the water, and the fact that Rainbow Noticed.
11. Flutterbutter, Applesnacks.... I'm loving these names...

This Space for Sale!

My DeviantArt

#12 2014-03-26 07:49:49

alyssa campbell

the g3 pinkie pie face sooooooooooooo creepy i just want to hid but still funny

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB