Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-20 21:11:11

Arcane Flame
I LOVE THEM!!!
Arcane Trotter

Wheel Chair Pony

In case you haven't seen the story yet - there is a story behind the pony in a wheel chair in 'Trade Ya!'

Capture.PNG

The pony is an OC of Sylvain-Nicholas LeVasseur-Portelance who has Spinal Muscular Atrophy type III. His OC was put in the show and voiced by him as part as a Make-a-Wish Foundation pledge.

BfG_SmButton.png

SG_Sig.png

"Magicam operare non est aliud quam maritare mundum."  ~Pico della Mirandola, Conclusiones Magicae

#2 2014-04-21 04:20:06

thepine
...I'd like to be a tree.

Re: Wheel Chair Pony

It wad kind of funny in the Otaku Acended livestream the hosts said that looked like a OC during the episode. Then a few hours later EQD posted this.

Make-a-wish and DHX scored a home run on this one. Not only did they let the boy have his OC in an actual episode but that they let him voice it too. I wonder if he got to tour the studio or meet cast as well?

http://thepine.deviantart.com/
If Fluttershy falls in the woods does she make a sound?
153038_safe_rainbow_2_Bdash_applejack_photo_pony.png

#3 2014-04-22 02:31:10

Cyclone Dusk

Wanting very badly to spark a mass donation drive in the brony community toward Families of SMA Canada for him...

#4 2015-01-24 15:29:24

Forest Lark

I know this post is old, I have no idea if it has already been done by now. But if it has not, then by all means, please do that. It would help this child and many others suffering from disabilities like his. Does anypony have an idea as to where one could donate to this cause?

#5 2015-03-09 20:11:23

You could probably ask the guy himself. Watching him on dA and am a friend with him on PhilomenaMagikz

http://stelar-eclipse.deviantart.com/
http://philomenamagikz.net/Stelar-Eclipse/

#6 2015-03-10 07:59:01

Zoetrope

Ok, that just makes that episode 20% cooler! wink

vinyl_headbang__sfm_gif__by_argodaemon-d68pkqk.gif

#7 2015-03-10 08:26:12

TheOtakuX
Sunset is mai waifu

I find it to be the not only the only downside of the episode, but the only downside of the season. It ruins the flow of the episode, and no matter the reason, I can't be OK with an OC being in the show.

theotakux.tumblr.com
Remember! I'm worse than Hitler.
tumblr_njxwbiiQJD1tfby16o1_1280.png

#8 2015-03-10 16:22:56

Silverbolt

TheOtakuX wrote:

I find it to be the not only the only downside of the episode, but the only downside of the season. It ruins the flow of the episode, and no matter the reason, I can't be OK with an OC being in the show.

Dude, that's like saying Derpy should be banned. Other OCs of the production staff have been in the show (Wildfire to name one) and it isn't the end of the world. I actually see it as a sort of make-up for the Derpy debacle.

Check out my art. http://silverb0lt.deviantart.com/

34+63=MLP

"Anybody who doesn't have a bit of freak in them is a sad and boring person."

#9 2015-03-10 20:44:54

Speaking of fans in the show, it's just been confirmed that BlackGryph0n recorded vocals with Daniel Ingram in season 5.

#10 2015-03-10 21:01:14

Fidelis
The Fast and the Fidelis

MysteriousMerchPony wrote:

Speaking of fans in the show, it's just been confirmed that BlackGryph0n recorded vocals with Daniel Ingram in season 5.

I read that while Faster Than You Know was playing on iTunes. Irony.

Congrats to Black Gryphon, though. He definitely deserves all the attention he's getting. big_smile

#11 2015-03-10 23:08:15

TheOtakuX
Sunset is mai waifu

Fidelis wrote:

Congrats to Black Gryphon, though. He definitely deserves all the attention he's getting. big_smile

No, he really doesn't.

theotakux.tumblr.com

#12 2015-03-11 04:43:30

Silverbolt

TheOtakuX wrote:
Fidelis wrote:

No, he really doesn't.

Really? Could you please not be such a downer about the community getting involved in the show? Try to keep it pleasant, or just don't comment.

34+63=MLP

#13 2015-03-11 06:33:08

TheOtakuX
Sunset is mai waifu

Silverbolt wrote:
TheOtakuX wrote:
Fidelis wrote:

No, he really doesn't.

Really? Could you please not be such a downer about the community getting involved in the show? Try to keep it pleasant, or just don't comment.

There's nothing pleasant about it.

Last edited by TheOtakuX (2015-03-11 07:01:48)

theotakux.tumblr.com

#14 2015-03-11 12:57:28

Star ★
Pony
Starshine Trotter

Mixing staff and fandom inevitably leads to lots of drama.

It also leads to classism. Those who are friends with the show's staff and hang out often are of a higher social class within the fandom than others, and a lot of people very strongly dislike that.

#15 2015-03-11 14:40:17

Silverbolt

I respect the opinions of others, but I don't like it when they leave excessively negative comments about it. You can give reasons as to why you don't like it,  but you can keep it civil. I personally think it's great when the producers of a show have community involvement, it shows that they aren't just some guys sitting in a dark room cranking out stuff to make money.

34+63=MLP

#16 2015-03-11 16:13:34

Star ★
Pony
Starshine Trotter

#17 2015-03-12 12:16:22

Sarteck
Best Pony

Silverbolt wrote:

I don't like it when they leave excessively negative comments about it.

I don't see anything excessively negative here.

Personally, I don't know the guy, but I don't much care for his public image.  If I did ever get to know him, he might be completely different, though.

I see you...
watching2.png

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB