Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-28 11:47:17

Strat
Unavailable at this time

3D Pone Maker

On my never ending quest around the internet, I came across a gem you guys would probably like.

http://ponylumen.net/games/3d-pony-creator/

With this you too can enter the 3d polygonal world!

untitled_gf_pone_by_stratolicious-d9b435e.png

strat_to_the_future_by_stratolicious-d9b420j.png

What kind of creations will you make? Post here and lets see!

#2 2015-09-28 13:45:47

Midnight_Fyre

Re: 3D Pone Maker

I've used this site before to to help me with sculpting.  It's pretty helpful for looking at various angles of a pony in a given pose.

#3 2015-09-28 22:29:11

CyberPon3
Neeeeerrrrrdddd

Yea, I found this a few weeks ago and made up my oc in 3d. I then proceeded to accidentally Blender. Oh dear Celestia what have I done?!?!fluffay_pony__by_cyberpon3-d98azre.png

#4 2015-09-29 01:24:44

Mkanke
Peanut Buckering ALL the things!
Mkanke Trotter

Those eyes piece the air like doll eyes in a horror movie.

yZVDO6p.gifD4LwTWC.gifulgdssl.gifLi4qREa.gifUyOaK2h.gif

#5 2015-09-29 12:29:24

Midnight_Fyre

I want to pet that fuzzy coat.

#6 2015-09-29 16:05:25

Midimistro
One Person... One logo... Infinite possibilities

Looks like they updated ponylumen. It used to have exporting issues.... I guess that they haven't completely eliminated all the glitches, but I might consider using it if I can ever figure out how to animate in blender >_<.

My YouTube | My Soundcloud | My deviantArt | Skype Username: Midimistro
Request, commment, rate and subscribe!
tumblr_nelqkiTUgE1sdgqyuo1_500.png
If I don't get to you within 24 hours....I will get to you.... Eventually....

#7 2015-09-29 20:26:37

CyberPon3
Neeeeerrrrrdddd

Yeah it still has issues (though I'm not sure if I should blame ponylumen or blender).  You'll need the Source tools plugin if you want to import into blender and make sure to select Z as the up axis when importing. Any extras like wings/hair/etc won't import the bones in the right place and if you want to adjust emotions/etc you'll need to do major mods to the .vta file before it'll import properly. I've actually written a Web app to mod the vta file for you (http://www.tschrock.net/VTAModder/) Basically you need to convert it from relative to absolute coordinates and map the names so you know which emotions are which.  If you plan on using the vta file make sure to import it before you scale your pony or the vertices won't line up and it may fail to import. All the textures will need to be flipped (though you can cheat that by just setting the texture's scale to -1 on I think the Y axis).

tldr: If you want to import Ponylumen models into Blender you're going to need to a bit of work to get it going. Feel free to hit me up on Skype and I can help you out (If you just want to chat, that's ok too).

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB