Ohio Bronies - Forums

Peanut Bucker is best pony.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-11 08:19:53

CrimsonDash
They're not bubbles... They're Wubblez

Cosplay!!

(Wasnt sure where to put this so if it needs moved thats fine. ^^)

Since Trotcon is getting closer and closer, why not talk a little about Cosplay or plans are?
If you want, post your cosplay or cosplay ideas below!

Mine I will be pony suiting Rainbow Dash. smile
The little hole in the hoof, are the buttons for hand escape so I can free my hands if need to. ^^

11041299_1665075533704096_3898235047749842323_n.jpg?oh=67d6482e4df00f233c19b6ffcbdd3faa&oe=56564A44

#2 2015-07-11 10:30:06

Re: Cosplay!!

I'm glad to see that Rainbow Dash will be there.

I have a Twilight cosplay that I'm going to do Saturday - never walked around a con in cosplay before so should be interesting!

Last edited by TwilightWorshiper (2015-07-11 10:31:40)

#3 2015-07-11 10:58:55

CrimsonDash

TwilightWorshiper wrote:

I have a Twilight cosplay that I'm going to do Saturday - never walked around a con in cosplay before so should be interesting!

Thank you. ^^

Yea wearing cosplay is a bit different, but its great though.
I always thought that cosplaying at a con gives it a better experience. ^^
So you should be fine! big_smile

#4 2015-07-11 11:16:10

Drax
Vinyl Scratch

Get spotters - bronies are dumb and like to swarm things tongue

#5 2015-07-11 11:17:20

CrimsonDash wrote:
TwilightWorshiper wrote:

Thank you. ^^

I can imagine that would be the case - especially with a pony suit.

I also forgot to ask if you're planning on entering the cosplay contest~ I am as a general entry/walk-on, assuming I don't stay up too late the night before and sleep through it xD

#6 2015-07-11 11:23:40

Drax wrote:

My theory is that the more realistic a cosplay looks, the more likely you are to be mistaken for the real thing and therefore swarmed and/or captured for scientific experimentation. So likeliness to be swarmed increases as a function of realism. Pony suits, being very realistic-looking, are therefore near the top of the list, being superseded only by the elusive four-legged pony suit (designed to be walked on hands and legs with.)

#7 2015-07-11 11:26:51

CrimsonDash

TwilightWorshiper wrote:
CrimsonDash wrote:
TwilightWorshiper wrote:

Thank you. ^^

I can imagine that would be the case - especially with a pony suit.

I also forgot to ask if you're planning on entering the cosplay contest~ I am as a general entry/walk-on, assuming I don't stay up too late the night before and sleep through it xD

I dont think I will enter, being that it was mostly a commissioned suit.
Though mom had to finish up parts of it since the person I commissioned with rushed through it.
So since it isnt my own craftsmenship, I dont feel right entering the contest for someone elses work. xD

#8 2015-07-11 11:27:21

CrimsonDash

Drax wrote:

Oh my. xD

#9 2015-07-11 11:37:36

CrimsonDash wrote:

Though mom had to finish up parts of it since the person I commissioned with rushed through it.
So since it isnt my own craftsmenship, I dont feel right entering the contest for someone elses work. xD

I know there's a general entry/walk-on for people who didn't do at least 70% of the cosplay. I don't think there is any requirement for the fursuit as far as who made it, unless you just don't want to be in the same group as other fursuiters who potentially made theirs. You may be able to do the general entry/walk-on or ask to be excluded from the judging when you register, though. If that's the only reason you don't want to enter - you should do it xD

(cosplay info)

http://trotcon.net/programming/cosplay/

#10 2015-07-11 11:49:36

CrimsonDash

TwilightWorshiper wrote:
CrimsonDash wrote:

I know there's a general entry/walk-on for people who didn't do at least 70% of the cosplay. I don't think there is any requirement for the fursuit as far as who made it, unless you just don't want to be in the same group as other fursuiters who potentially made theirs. You may be able to do the general entry/walk-on or ask to be excluded from the judging when you register, though. If that's the only reason you don't want to enter - you should do it xD

(cosplay info)

I'll think about it. We basically had to finish a bit of it due to the artist rushing through it and stuff.
I might do the walk on one.
I'll think about it. I have time to decide.

Thank you very much for the info! big_smile

#11 2015-07-11 12:05:50

Drax
Vinyl Scratch

It's always good to do a walk on, then people know who's there - even if they aren't competing

#12 2015-07-11 12:14:25

CrimsonDash

Drax wrote:

It's always good to do a walk on, then people know who's there - even if they aren't competing

I've never entered in anything like that for cosplay.
I been to several anime cons in the past and never went onto the cosplay show off or competitions.
I might give it a go this year though.

#13 2015-07-12 10:37:26

Naki
Sup.

TwilightWorshiper wrote:
CrimsonDash wrote:

(cosplay info)

Generally its good etiquette to not enter a costume you didn't mostly make yourself if you're reaping the rewards of someone else's hard work. Being the owner of a Spitfire fursuit myself that I didn't make at all, I generally never enter any contests as I feel the fun you get from wandering around the convention reaps any rewards you get from a contest anyways (and costume competitions take all day since you have to get looked at/enter/everything) which is because you're gonna be the center of attention literally everywhere you walk since you're the closest thing to the real deal, and because I respect my commissioners too much to win prizes that they can't benefit from since not nearby.

Granted, judges will generally ask if you made it yourself and will generally just let you do a walk-on anyways and just not give you any awards for it. Walk-on's are okay though, since you likely won't get prizes for it anyways.

Also, Draxie poo is right about bringing a handler. We all have our "no-handler horror stories". So I do recommend finding one, or at least other ponysuiters to stick with since strength in numbers. Most of the Ohioan suiters generally stick together at conventions since we generally are veterans of this whole ponysuiting deal and know when to get out of sight/get water, so find Drax or my friend (will likely be a Shining Armor) if you want to stick with people.

Alas, I cannot go since our damn truck is scheduled for Saturday so my one day of Trotcon is negated this year. Bronycon'll make up for it though.

#14 2015-07-12 18:56:47

CrimsonDash

Naki wrote:
TwilightWorshiper wrote:
CrimsonDash wrote:

(cosplay info)

Generally its good etiquette to not enter a costume you didn't mostly make yourself if you're reaping the rewards of someone else's hard work. Being the owner of a Spitfire fursuit myself that I didn't make at all, I generally never enter any contests as I feel the fun you get from wandering around the convention reaps any rewards you get from a contest anyways (and costume competitions take all day since you have to get looked at/enter/everything) which is because you're gonna be the center of attention literally everywhere you walk since you're the closest thing to the real deal, and because I respect my commissioners too much to win prizes that they can't benefit from since not nearby.

Granted, judges will generally ask if you made it yourself and will generally just let you do a walk-on anyways and just not give you any awards for it. Walk-on's are okay though, since you likely won't get prizes for it anyways.

Also, Draxie poo is right about bringing a handler. We all have our "no-handler horror stories". So I do recommend finding one, or at least other ponysuiters to stick with since strength in numbers. Most of the Ohioan suiters generally stick together at conventions since we generally are veterans of this whole ponysuiting deal and know when to get out of sight/get water, so find Drax or my friend (will likely be a Shining Armor) if you want to stick with people.

Alas, I cannot go since our damn truck is scheduled for Saturday so my one day of Trotcon is negated this year. Bronycon'll make up for it though.

I agree whole heartedly with you.
Thats why I wasnt going to join the contest anyways.
And I've came to the decision to not enter, since I didnt do all the work and will feel bad about taking credit for someone elses, I'd feel pretty bad about it.
That way I can enjoy the con without doing that.

To be honest, this is my first time suiting at all.
So hanging out with anyone else or having a friend would be great.
I am looking forward to hopefully meet some people and make friends.
I've been to several anime cons, and frankly had some bad experiences at em. xD

But thank you for the info.
I am pretty sure I wont do the walk on, basically walking around in it will be just as nice.
And would love to have a meet up or get together with others.
Especially it gets quite hot in the suit. @.@
But other then that I expect a lot of fun. ^^
Thank you Naki. smile
I will keep an eye out.
Sad you cant make it but thats understandable about the transportation.
Hope you have a lot of fun at Bronycon!!
I want to go to one someday but its a good trip from where I live, Trotcon is about 3hrs away lol

But again, thank you. ^^
As I said, I've decided not to, and I wasnt even going to in the first place.
The contest looks like fun, but honestly I was never one for cosplay contests.
I enjoy going to them, but competeing. Nah.
Only things I've entered is like the fun events/games that are held. Thats about it. lol

#15 2015-09-03 10:05:31

Fiona Rose
Newfoal

Hello!

#16 2015-10-03 20:42:40

calvinthedestroyer
Electronic Technician

I had nothing to do with the Bananas...

#17 2016-08-24 11:47:15

Strat
Unavailable at this time

Since I'm in the zone when it comes to cosplay (and since this hasn't been updated since how long?) I'll throw down what we did last weekend and our future plans!

Me and my partner in crime did an assassins cosplay at Matsuricon this year!

14095813_10210077116991736_7936729187970822131_n.jpg?oh=8e847cdfcffd28bde3067e670a1c375c&oe=585B905C

14051645_10210077117831757_2061845804207839448_n.jpg?oh=721752912ee3ec90129396b6deaa1d8a&oe=5855CB62

14095854_10210077118151765_5482593396340364613_n.jpg?oh=32d291412276eb451dee822238b8525f&oe=584A7ACD

14055028_10210077117231742_8161854979779619503_n.jpg?oh=a125a650055f8810244b1766ed6dac0f&oe=585C9F21

14095895_10210077117551750_7252053285051059213_n.jpg?oh=d6128b807a50c75bb53091e5de7f35de&oe=5844CEAA

We plan to keep the train rolling for Ohayocon this year where we go as Booker and Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite and the Pokemon Trainers from Black and White.

Quick reply

Write your message and submit

Board footer

Powdered by FluxBB